Questions About Collision

legit1337

Hello,

I've been experimenting a lot with HDT over the past few weeks. I followed the tutorial on how to get collision working and everything turned out great, but I have a few questions.

1. For collision to work properly I have to delete the skeleton_female.hkx, which means no bounce from any BBP or TBBP that I may have installed, or sexlab anim correct?

2. I am aware that not all HDT.xmls work with every HDTphysicsextension.dlls. Where would I go to download the HDT.xml for the different versions?

3. Can I tweak any settings in the HDT.xml like I can in the HDTPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml?

4. Collision seems to work with the female's hands. Does collision work with the entire female body or just the hands?

5. Is there a male version of HDT that makes the breast collide with male bodies? What about a version for Schlongs of Skyrim, that would make the schlongs collide with the breasts?

6. Are there any HDTs that cause the environment to collide with the breasts? Like for example swinging a sword at a female character's boobs and having them respond?

1. No, HDT only works on TBBP or BBP bodies, deleting skeleton_female.hkx is deleting an animation pack FOR THE SKELETON, you are not deleting the skeleton itself. Sometimes HDT works fine even without deleting this.

2. Monsto provides a stable download and the latest version download http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25501-hdt-news-and-info-latest-12-29-stable-10-24/ That should cover all HDT files out there

3.Yes, you can tweak HDT.xml just the same as the defaultBBP.xml using JFF or text editor

4. Yes full body collision is enabled in HDT.xml, the values are only meant for default CBBE body though, you'll need to tweak for other bodies

5. Yes, hdtm.xml = HDT MALE xml, it has collision for default male bodies. As for SOS support you can try experimenting/adding it yourself.

6. Interesting notion, you'd have to make a HDTSword.xml and try attach it to a sword and test. I'll probably try doing this myself at some point xD

1. I realize you aren't actually deleting the skeleton by doing this. But in my tests. BBP animations don't seem to play after I delete skeleton_female.hkx. the HDT jiggle still works fine though.

2. Thanks

3. What settings do what? For example if I wanted to increase the collision sphere on the breasts so that it works better with bigger boobs?

4. You mean tweak the collision boxes so that they fit another body?

5. Ok cool! This file adds it for women as well correct?

6. Ok, I was just wondering if anyone had done that yet lol.

1. O.o never tested with BBP as I personally thing it's a downgrade from TBBP (just my own taste really)

2. NP ;)

3. You'll have to experiment/read the other threads. Lots of values are undocumented in changes, or look at other xml files posted

4. Yeap tweak the collision boxes with the hdt xml

5. hdt.xml = female collision, so two different files, hdt.xml and hdtm.xml 1 for each type of body

6. Haha lots of HDT stuff is still experimental

7. I like talking in numbered lists too :cool:

Thanks for all of your help so far. The numbered lists just make topics easier to discuss lol.

1. It doesn't work for TBBP anims either. 

4. Great *sarcasm* yet more settings to have to experiment with... This poses another question. I use bodyslide. My min weight body is waaay smaller then my max weight body. If I tweak the settings so that the collision boxes align with the max weight body will those same boxes still be with the min weight body and give me collision when the body isn't even touching anything?

5. Ok. I tried downloading clp2011's all in one package and it has only hdtm.xml, although he says it's for men and women. Did he combine the .xmls into one file? Also he says it adds collision to schlongs of skyrim, but I havent tested it yet.

O.o i'll have to check out his new all in one then xD

But no, what you do is link malebody_0.nif and malebody_1.nif to the hdtm.xml

And then you link femalebody_0.nif to femalebody_1.nif to hdtDefaultBBP(the long name one...).xml

I dunno about adding male jiggle (not interested and will never pursue that project) but male Collision has to be a seperate file hence hdtm.xml

Future reference: All-In-One files = Jiggle + Collision data for 1 sex (most likely female)

Archived