XLovers Daedra Seed (XLDS) 1.1.31 - 2014-07-25

Hei, am i missing something, i got the two spells, but when i activate the spells nothing happend?. I downloaded the latest version straight, i dont have previous file before, is eerything meant to work this way?

One spell requires you to hit a target for it to work. The other spell targets your character. Make sure you try both. Other than than, the script could be crashing. Try casting the spell, saving your game, and then loading the saved game. Let me know if an error is detected at that point.

-edit-

Everything should work starting with just the latest file. I can verify that tonight.

Ah, yes, the warning specify Xivilai and Dremora Markynaz.

Thanks! I checked out the Xivilai, and his max level was set to 0. I read up on that and 0 = no max. I changed my script to take that into account, so this problem should be fixed.

I have just posted v1.1.2.

1.1.2 (2014-02-04)

-caution: this version may be causing CTDs, please let me know if you experience them and when. I've gotten a few from eggs hatching.

-random seeder no longer seeds indoors unless an Daedra or seeded NPC is present

-random seeder uses a new formula, choosing a random character instead of always the most likely to be seeded character

-random seeding happens regardless of if a seeded person is already nearby.

-random seeder chance is reduced exponentially for each ward being worn in the area being checked. No way to get wards yet except through the console. I will fix that soon.

-display random seeder calculation for current area by opening the console, running "set xldsMainQuest.showRandomSeedingCalculation to 1" and then closing the console.

-level 0 creature warnings should only appear in the console when the game is loaded, and fixed calculation for Daedra were max level is 0 (no max level)

-some changes to callback for sex to streamline the code.

-no longer knock down Daedra who are born hurt. This was causing a CTD or Dremora to stand idle sometimes.

-seeded characters should always have 1 food now. This required various changes in the script.

The new random seeder is working well. It is set to seed someone once every 2 days on average, with that rate increasing as you level up. You can view the calculations by typing a command in the console, see the change log above.

I was running into some CTDs (crash to desktops) when certain eggs were hatching, or sometimes getting Dremora that would just stand there and do nothing after hatching. I think I fixed it by not knocking them down when they are hatched in a hurt state, but let me know if you still get them.

You may see some warning in the logs about seeded actors with no food. You can ignore them for now.

I will make the Daedra ward accesible in the next version.

Okay, I have v1.1.3 posted. Corpses will no longer litter the area (and saved games will not bloat)

You can now give Daedra wards to your loved ones to protect them and the ones around them from being randomly seeded.

Please give it a try and let me know if you encounter any problems.

Change Log

1.1.3 (2014-02-05)

-fixed some code to ensure the proper removal of food and arousal when a character is de-seeded

-random seeding now gives a random amount of food and arousal to a character

-eggs now come in three sizes depending on how strong the daedra hatching from them will be

-eggs have a drain fatigue spell, but I don't think it's working, and will try to fix it later.

-the xlds administration menu has options to get a daedra ward, and to show random seeding calculation

-daedra and eggs will disintegrate after being dead for an hour

Main problem for me is what i constantly fail to catch up with your versions progress. I'm in "white" envy on good modding.. Nothing more i've to say until tomorrow. Thanks and good luck to you.

ps. being aware of "Monster Girl - Demon Hive" resources, had you thinked about implementing "egg-laying" animation [from there]?

-Did you change the global despawn time? Seems like other dead npcs also disappear in an hour.

-Yes, I got one hatching ctd just after my last post.

-Ah ha, I planned to ask the egg laying animation sooner or later.

-Will try 1.1.3 tonight.

Edit:

-Looks like things are quite stable now. However, if I use old saves, I need to wait/sleep at least one hour for the mod to recognize the seeded npcs. If not, they cannot be feeded and reduce hunger automatically.

-The random seeding chance is quite low now I think, which is good. I can live with that until you change it to mythicdawn invasion or other better methods you can think of.

-After I wear the ward amulet, the chance drops from -0.6xxxxx to -2.xxxxx. What does the number means? 1.8 is quite high? and -2.6 is impossible to be seeded?

-By the way, will you change the ward to a ward spell, cast it once to activate and once more to deactivate? Cuz I would like to wear my pretty amulets.

-I find one interesting phenomenon. I killed the eggs with the skills from the mod "special abilities and bad status ", eggs are dead(music stopped and can be looted) but are still hatched after an hour.

Main problem for me is what i constantly fail to catch up with your versions progress. I'm in "white" envy on good modding.. Nothing more i've to say until tomorrow. Thanks and good luck to you.

ps. being aware of "Monster Girl - Demon Hive" resources, had you thinked about implementing "egg-laying" animation [from there]?

Thanks emo877. No worries if you can't keep up, I don't expect you to be my software tester, so don't feel like you are obligated to test my stuff. That being said, thank you for the testing and suggestions you have provided. I appreciate the feedback.

-Did you change the global despawn time? Seems like other dead npcs also disappear in an hour.

No, I never touched the global despawn time. Every creature that my mod creates is kept in an array so that I can reuse them and not bloat the savegame files. I just go through this mod and check for creatures/NPCs that have been dead for a while.

-Yes, I got one hatching ctd just after my last post.

-Ah ha, I planned to ask the egg laying animation sooner or later.

-Will try 1.1.3 tonight.

Edit:

-Looks like things are quite stable now. However, if I use old saves, I need to wait/sleep at least one hour for the mod to recognize the seeded npcs. If not, they cannot be feeded and reduce hunger automatically.

-The random seeding chance is quite low now I think, which is good. I can live with that until you change it to mythicdawn invasion or other better methods you can think of.

-After I wear the ward amulet, the chance drops from -0.6xxxxx to -2.xxxxx. What does the number means? 1.8 is quite high? and -2.6 is impossible to be seeded?

-By the way, will you change the ward to a ward spell, cast it once to activate and once more to deactivate? Cuz I would like to wear my pretty amulets.

-I find one interesting phenomenon. I killed the eggs with the skills from the mod "special abilities and bad status ", eggs are dead(music stopped and can be looted) but are still hatched after an hour.

- Yes, some seeded characters will not be recognized as being seeded during sex. This will happen with saves using an older version, but the problem will correct itself over time as you have noticed. After that, the problem should go away.

- The chance is a percentage value. A negative value means that there is no chance, while a positive value indicates a chance, so 0.0001 to 1.0 is treated as 1%, 1.0001 to 2.0 as 2%, and so on.

- I check the eggs health to see if they are dead, I will change that.

Now about wards. My intention is that they protect the area they are worn in by having an NPC wear it. Random seeding is only done in the area the player is in. Since the player is always travelling, the area that they are currently in has not been 'warded' before they got there, so someone may have been seeded while they were away. Thus, I am going to remove the effect of the ward that the player is wearing on random seeding. Of course, you could give it to a follower.

Since I want wards attached to an area, perhaps a placeable shrine would work better. I could implement that.

The other use I have for a wearable ward (or spell), is to decrease the chance of getting seeded, reducing the rate of growth of implanted eggs, and decreasing how large the seed in the character can get before it hatches.

Thanks for the feedback, and I am glad the CTDs seem to have gone away. I am aware of one other uncommon situation where it can still happen, and will address that soon.

-edit-

On the birthing animation, it is not the direction I wanted to go in. I consider the daedra seed to be more of a curse/possesion than a physical parasite, and that the daedra eggs are summoned. Doing this as a physical birthing would be great, but is beyond my time and abilities at the moment. I can take a look at the DemonHive mod and consider it more though. I would love to have this kind of animation.

A placeable shrine should do the trick for protecting an area. For personal protection (pc only?), maybe a spell that will drains your magicka from time to time to sustain itself? Let's say every 30mins~1hr drains you 100 magicka or so. Of course you can disable it when entering a protected area to save some magicka usage. (yep, I still don't like the amulet ward, cuz I use up every wearable slots for accessories :P)

So, the eggs are summoned, can you add summon effect for the eggs?

I also had objection against strict "if refnpc.GetEquipped xLDSWard" condition check, and, more than that, against ward's "amulet" implementation in general. NPC what are "dear for player" naturaly have full (+over..) complect of powerful and expensive jewerly (and clothes) preventing them from equipping dull($1) meaningless (for their ai) thing. Some kind of "special silver spoon" misc item (and simple "refNPC.getItemCount") look as sufficient variant for me.

I'll agree with version "mystical" nature of DaedraEggs. Also it removes shady questions about female\male differencies in egg-laying process of [unwilling] carriers (;

Hehe, okay then. I have started on making a "shrine" or some other replacement for the ward.

I found a bug that I recently introduced. Dremora can seed people, but Daedra no longer can. I have fixed it, but am not ready to release the next version yet. Still working out an issue I am running into when seeding and feeding take place at the end of sex.

I've posted version 1.1.4 and it seemed to work well for me as I tested it. It fixes a few bugs that were present in 1.1.3 that I caught while playing. I think that the eggs are still too easy to kill and might make them tougher.

There is no working ward at the moment. I had problems with creating a model for it. I will try a different approach next time.

Have fun!

Change Log

1.1.4 (2014-02-07)

-fixed checks for dead eggs and deadra to use getDead instead of checking if health is 0 or less

-fixed problem with Daedra no longer seeding characters

-eggs now cast fatigue draining spell

-feeding and seeding now happen at the end of sex

-various bugfixes

Version 1.1.5 has been uploaded. It has tougher more challenging eggs, and some bugfixes. No new features this time, but everything seems to be running nice and smooth now. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Change Log

1.1.5 (2014-02-10)

-made the eggs more of a challenge

-fixed some bugs in detecting who can and can't seed

-sex is no longer prematurely ended when someone is gaining food

-added some more debug messages

And you're welcome, Saiela24

Okay, here is version 1.1.6.

It fixes one bug that can spam the console with messages about removing <noname>.

You can also place ward statues now using the adminstration menu/spell. These statues will reduce the chance of random seeding occuring in their area. You can check the random seeder calculation using the Admin menu to see what effect they have on the chance.

Let me know if you run into any problems. Enjoy!

Change Log

1.1.6 (2014-02-13)

-fixed bug when removing null actors from the seeded actors array that would break some functionality

-You can place ward statues using the Administration menu

-Random seeding debug messages no longer appear constantly in the console.

Hi!

From 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 i got only negative chances for random seeding, after abt. ten minutes random seeding console messages stop completely.

Every version tested from clean save (realy without any xlds versions), from Weye inn (reports "Interior with no seeders"), running (with entering taverns and shops) through central city parts clockwise.

I have "Crowded cities" in earlier part of loadorder, xlds is in last (later than any of lovers*\tamago*\etc, except 'pinned as last' animation-related three).
Also tested Bruma (from gamesession start), had two ~"seeding failed" console msg (small negative chances again) and silence then. Menu point "show random seeding calc" reacted only once, next times it said nothing.

I believe random seeding not connected with PC'stats (but two chars used for test are lvl02 and lvl16, have not any "over"\cheated stats).

Such behavior (some scripts silently stop executing due interpretation errors, mainly invalid refs) i'd observed in Sexout' BrutalRapers, and it was overcame by massive injection of "isFormValid" and such other checks.

Also i'd like to know which version of Pluggy you use (cause i start using it only for xLDS, and its v1.25). I'll add my Conscribe (and other) Logs; there're some "remarks" (as incorrect console commands) about places and events which i made for myself.xlds_about.7z

(i read about 1.1.6 "Random seeding debug messages no longer appear constantly in the console.", may be i'll find chance to look inside your code; next reply not earlier than monday)

Hi!

From 1.1.3 to 1.1.5 i got only negative chances for random seeding, after abt. ten minutes random seeding console messages stop completely.

Every version tested from clean save (realy without any xlds versions), from Weye inn (reports "Interior with no seeders"), running (with entering taverns and shops) through central city parts clockwise.

Hi! With the current settings, it will take just about 2 days for the chance to climb into the positive numbers. It slowly increases over time.

I have "Crowded cities" in earlier part of loadorder, xlds is in last (later than any of lovers*\tamago*\etc, except 'pinned as last' animation-related three).

Also tested Bruma (from gamesession start), had two ~"seeding failed" console msg (small negative chances again) and silence then. Menu point "show random seeding calc" reacted only once, next times it said nothing.

The "show random seeding calc" menu option is made to only show the calculations once for your current location. I used it for ensuring that the random seeder was working as I intended.

I believe random seeding not connected with PC'stats (but two chars used for test are lvl02 and lvl16, have not any "over"\cheated stats).

It is connected with your level, but the difference is very minor. The level 16 character will raise the chance by about 0.2% more than the level 2 character. A level 40 character will give a whopping 1% increase to the random seeding chance. Large crowds will have a similar effect, giving a slight bonus over smaller crowds.

Such behavior (some scripts silently stop executing due interpretation errors, mainly invalid refs) i'd observed in Sexout' BrutalRapers, and it was overcame by massive injection of "isFormValid" and such other checks.

Also i'd like to know which version of Pluggy you use (cause i start using it only for xLDS, and its v1.25). I'll add my Conscribe (and other) Logs; there're some "remarks" (as incorrect console commands) about places and events which i made for myself.attachicon.gifxlds_about.7z

(i read about 1.1.6 "Random seeding debug messages no longer appear constantly in the console.", may be i'll find chance to look inside your code; next reply not earlier than monday)

I will check what Pluggy version is required, and take a look at the log you sent me, and look at the isFormValid function. :). Thank you very much.

Looks like dremoras cannot seed anyone in ver 116, always show "nothing happens". They could in ver114, I'm not sure about 115. :s

Daedras are fine I think.

Do you have any mod that alters the Dremora race? I will double check this tonight, but I think it is working fine on my system...

-edit-

Version 1.1.7 has been added. It just has a slightly optemized skeleton for the ward statue, and better detection of deleted references to avoid some errors and crashes

I also made sure that seeded characters who die spawn eggs, and confirmed that the Dremora race is able to seed.

Guilmonex, I suspect that one of your active mods is changing Dremora to a custom race. I am going to check some mods when I have more time. I believe v1.1.4 checked the faction instead of the race, so I will need to account for custom Dremora races.

I have the dremora female mod in my list, and the CoC mod also add some daedras and dremoras.

Okay, v1.1.8 will support MBP, Dremora Female, and DarkBloodline mods' dremora races.

I am going to get Monstergirl CoC next. Maybe tomorrow night, or sometime this weekend.

Hi.
I'm sorry i've short time before off until monday (so, please don't bother about quick reply!), just count "+1" voice for future implement of .ini configuration.
Points seems preferable for me:
* random seeding frequency\probability (per day or chance for ~1/hour tick, with =0 to toggle off);
* egg's spell strength or area radius (also with possible 0 as "off");
* possible seeders set (all\dremorae\anyDaedra - maybe, as mask - i.e. bit0 for dremora, bit1 for oblivion creatures, bit2 for athronaxs, maybe others - those MonsterGirls for example); as more complex variant - "instrings" of race\creature names;
* option to choose between unwilling masturbation and some debuff penalty;

Best regards!

Hi.

I'm sorry i've short time before off until monday (so, please don't bother about quick reply!), just count "+1" voice for future implement of .ini configuration.

Yes, the .ini file is on my todo list. :)

Points seems preferable for me:

* random seeding frequency\probability (per day or chance for ~1/hour tick, with =0 to toggle off);

Currently, it is set to randomly seed roughly every 2 days. This value will be configurable.

* egg's spell strength or area radius (also with possible 0 as "off");

Yes, the spell is pretty strong as it is, and some people might want to lessen it a bit. Potions that restore Stamina will help for the time being.

* possible seeders set (all\dremorae\anyDaedra - maybe, as mask - i.e. bit0 for dremora, bit1 for oblivion creatures, bit2 for athronaxs, maybe others - those MonsterGirls for example); as more complex variant - "instrings" of race\creature names;

I just added MonsterGirl support (I hope it works), but I plan to have a set configuration as to what can seed and hatch from eggs to keep this mod simple to use.

* option to choose between unwilling masturbation and some debuff penalty;

Best regards!

Ah yes, that could annoy some people. I could put in an option to turn it off I guess.

Well, v1.1.9 is out with MonsterGirl support, but I have not tested it. Since I use Oblivion Character Overhaul v2, which in turn uses Blockhead, I am not sure that it is compatible with MBP, which MonsterGirl seems to use. If anyone has them both running, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Quick test shows this seems to also be compatible with Dremora Elf, a little known add-on MOD that also changes all Dremora.

(Dremora Elf is recommended for new games as adding it to current save games will not 100% change existing male Dremora to female Dremora Elves. They end up with male bodies wearing the female clothes specified by the MOD. And don't ask me for it, as I am NOT distributing it.)

Thank you for testing those changes. I am posting v1.1.10. It saves a couple of settings to an xlds.ini file that is created when the mod initializes. It puts the file under "my document/my games/oblivion/pluggy/user files". The two settings are in the configuration section of the admin menu, so there is no need to edit the file directly. Let me know if you run into any issues. I got some CTDs after making these changes, but I don't think it was related. I will look into it some more and test it a bit better.

Change Log

1.1.10 (2012-02-25)

-improved variety of conversations a bit

-added configurable random seeder frequency, and the ability to turn debug messages on and off in the configuration menu.