Male Body for BodySlide2 and Outfitstudio

• 3 weeks later...

what folder do i have to copy in the caliente's tools directory??? the folder named malebody for bodyslide? or the files inside that folder??

Well, I keep that short, new version is done, most problems solved and ready to share =). I leave in an hour and just wanted to keep timeline so here is the update.

A fast peak to the mesh in game

and the new version

Just a quick side note, I'm sorry for the slider mess but the first few are what most ppls are interested in, just ignore the rest if you don't want to control every atom on the body...

Watch out for odd looking body regions when you over do it with the sliders and be aware of the fact that the sliders can have values above 100% and lower than 0% when you insert them by hand. So try a few things. Oh, and the "adaption mess" with the SOS_0 and SOS_1 and Weight slider (-.-) have been merged into one weight slider at the top. So this one should stay 0 on the small body and 100 on the big one and nothing else.

MfG

• 1 month later...

You are supposed to copy the "Bodyslide" folder into the "CalienteTools" dir. You need to merge and overwrite the files (for the ones that where overwritten, a backup is in the "Backup" folder).

In the end, this mod is several editions older that the Bodyslide tool (I guess...) and it starts to become luck if it will still function properly.

Just to clear a misconception from some ppls. This hack (rather than mod) was something I did for my own and, because there was a lack of things like that (well, there wasn't anything like that at all) I uploaded this file as a courtesy for the community. I actually didn't intend become a "member" and rather stay lurker, that's the reason why I'm next to impossible the reach in a timely manner...

So, if it sill works, have fun with it, if not
FIX IT YOUR SELF

:P

so, hf ppls

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a "hack" (kind of) that offers the vast slider usage of the Outfit studio to create a custom body mesh for males.

Therefor you can also set up batch build outfits in order to have the corresponding modifications for the outfits as well, but it mostly is for male character creation (although there is no difference between an outfit and a body mesh)

In the end i just placed the male skeleton in the outfit studio and a body mesh for males, with the tri-files to get the morphs for the muscle def.

One thing in that matter. During the skinning of the mesh, based on the export pipeline I used, the skin weights are not normalized, some are for a join scaling of 0.4xx other are the inverse of that (2. something) that was caused by the conversion of the scene from metric to imperial system, back and forth -.-

So I will not guarantee that you get a working result if you "project" the skin weight from the male mesh to any outfit (which should not be necessary anyway if you just adapt the vert's)

I never cleaned that and for my usage it didn't matter, it's just sloppy from my side ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/16/2019 at 5:42 AM, Psycho_Bill said:

anyone know the permissions for this, im assuming the author is inactive as i have not received a response from him. but was wondering if like with CBBE could i use the BS files from this in a mod?

It couldn't hurt to try. Just be sure to credit this mod author for the Bodyslide files when doing so.

• 1 month later...

For some reason reference body in this mod's NIF are more bigger than skeleton itself, when I load it in Outfit Studio.

And bigger than outfits.

So it's pretty much borked on latest BodySlide & Outfit Studio.

Skeleton provided with this mod also does not load, and with XPMSE this mod does not works. Well, I'd refuse to use any skeleton except XPMSE anyway...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wait wait wait wait waiteee WAIT!

This mod has been out for 5 years and I am just now finding it? ? ?

I have been searching for and asking about this for that long, but never found it until now, and the only difference is that I switched to DuckDuckGo recently.

In any case... Yaaaaayyy!! Thank you so much for making this... Five Years Ago Now!  ?  ?

On 2/16/2019 at 3:42 AM, Psycho_Bill said:

anyone know the permissions for this, im assuming the author is inactive as i have not received a response from him. but was wondering if like with CBBE could i use the BS files from this in a mod?

In the description they state their position as something like: "just give proper credits", but I highly suggest you read them yourself before taking my word for it.

On 11/14/2018 at 7:20 PM, gingertoast said:

is anyone else having a problem with it not wanting to open in bodyslide? or is it just me?

It's just a guess, but from reading most of the description and some of the latest comments, I think that's because they only converted this for BodySlide 1 and 2, and the most recent version of BodySlide is not compatible. Hopefully someone will update this at some point. I am beyond surprised that no one has yet.

• 1 month later...

Ehhh... so this is kind of a mess apparently, but I'm following armor making tutorials that make you do all the rigging in Outfit Studio because it's "easier" than doing it in Blender. Do I need this at all if I'm just building for SOS meshes? I've never used bodyslide, but I noticed that this did not come with any tri files included... I assumed those were important for BS/OS, since that's the only mod that added them.

On 1/28/2017 at 6:42 PM, RomeoZero said:

I suggest you to download dizona male body mod,this thread is abandoned like the project.

I know this is an ancient comment, but what does dizona body have to do with anything? It doesn't come with tri files, either, and isn't compatible with beast races or SOS. Like, I'm pretty sure Better Males, SOS, and SAM were all out in 2017, and they have none of the issues dizona comes with...

8 hours ago, TentakelnBitte said:

Ehhh... so this is kind of a mess apparently, but I'm following armor making tutorials that make you do all the rigging in Outfit Studio because it's "easier" than doing it in Blender. Do I need this at all if I'm just building for SOS meshes? I've never used bodyslide, but I noticed that this did not come with any tri files included... I assumed those were important for BS/OS, since that's the only mod that added them.

I know this is an ancient comment, but what does dizona body have to do with anything? It doesn't come with tri files, either, and isn't compatible with beast races or SOS. Like, I'm pretty sure Better Males, SOS, and SAM were all out in 2017, and they have none of the issues dizona comes with...

At that time it was a good DAZ replacer. From my perspective, SAM (mod existed from 2015) only got a good update from v1.4 based on new DAZ michael body.I see no problem for SoS and Dizona comparability. At least I had made it compatible 100%, back when it was uploaded on Ru pirate sites.Was a good substitute as a variant.
I actually have some working SOS Male sliders with full SoS support in OS, I thought this thread would continue with experiments, so I did it also. 

• 1 year later...

This probably sounds stupid but perhaps someone can take the time to help me... I am having trouble getting any information on how to get a male body into bodyslide so I can edit stuff for like Devious Devices for male characters as well as female.

How do you get a male body into bodyslide?