hdtHavokModifier "Just For Fun" (JFF) v4

So the link to the tutorial is dead. Anyone have an up-to-date link?

this one? http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25491-hdthavokmodifier-just-for-fun-jff-v4/

or a different one?

it says "Follow the information in the customization tutorial, twiddle some numbers, and see what you come up with."

That links to http://hdt.monsto.com/forum/index.php?/tutorials/article/4-customize-bounce-kit-xml-parameters-and-editing/

But that page doesn't seem to exist. 

Edit: I see the link in the first post of this thread doesn't match the link in the Files section description. The one in Files section is the broken one.

is there a max size for xmls to be processed with JFF?

when i try to edit the attached xml and save i just get garbled text like here. is the xml the issue or is it something with JFF (yes i'm using v4).

DB_Corset.XML

//edit: solved it myself. the xml in question was encoded with unix linebreaks, that works for hdt but not for JFF, changed linebreaks to windows -> JFF works.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

When I try to run the program, I received the error " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."  The x86 Microsoft files were also installed as directed and I am using Win7 64 bit.

I received the error using both versions of "hdtHavokModifier" and I also tried installed the x64 files with no success.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Where is the version 4, I found it only the version 3 of JFF ?

JFF work with Windows 7 home 64-bit edition ?

I do have Windows 7 64bit on my MSI laptop and it works just fine on that one. Windows 8 on the other hand not so friendly, I'm still getting the "MSVCP110.dll is missing" error.

I looked it up, installed some microsoft redist. files that have dll but no good :(

works fin on my window 8 laptop. (MSI GX60) you issue could be 1 of 3 things:

1. Permission error.

2. Corrupted download.

3. Antivirus issues.

.dll issues normally point at antivirus.

It's non of the above, it never gave me a permission error, I copied the downloaded file to my Win 7 laptop and works like a charm. As for the Antivirus, I don't have any on my win 8 machine, and everything else works fine on it.

I'll try to play around and see what I can come up with. It's a pain having to create the files on one machine, send to the other, test and repeat, lol.

Did you ever resolve this?  if anyone else runs into this same scenario, check which version of the C++ you installed.  By force of habit if you are running on a 64bit gaming machine you might download the 64bit version without even thinking.  (I did)  turns out with the 64bit version on a 64bit machine you will get the missing dll error even though a registered dll with that name was installed.  going back and installing the x86 verson on my 64bit windows 7 resolved the issue.  For anyone else out there that made the mistake this is just a remind that it requires x86.

Hello all,

When I try to run the program, I received the error " The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).  Click OK to close the application."  The x86 Microsoft files were also installed as directed and I am using Win7 64 bit.

I received the error using both versions of "hdtHavokModifier" and I also tried installed the x64 files with no success.  Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

You might get this error if you put the dll file into JFF application directory.  It does not belong there.  One possible cause of this error.

You might get this error if you put the dll file into JFF application directory.  It does not belong there.  One possible cause of this error.

Do you mean "msvcr100.dll?"  Those files are in both my System32 and SysWOW64 folders.  Whatever files were installed by the Microsoft redistributables went to their default locations and I definitely didn't place anything additional into the JFF folder.

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to fix the COS HDT PE by tweaking the coscloakfur.xml

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48299-cloaks-of-skyrim-hdt-pe-fixed/

But the JFF tool is a bit hard to get started.. Any tips on where should I start tweaking?

There are 2 major issues:

1.The problem is that the Cloaks can get stuck in the PC/NPC body.

Maybe it can be fixed by properly adding collision 

2.Also when on NPCs the cloaks can get stretched to the sky and slowly it returns to the NPC body.

No idea :/

Lastly there are not major issues but I wish I could add some more weight to the cloak so that it does not move so much.

Could someone explain what the numbers on the colligion control mean?

The numbers with boxed 0-23?

I'm trying to fix the COS HDT PE by tweaking the coscloakfur.xml

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/48299-cloaks-of-skyrim-hdt-pe-fixed/

But the JFF tool is a bit hard to get started.. Any tips on where should I start tweaking?

There are 2 major issues:

1.The problem is that the Cloaks can get stuck in the PC/NPC body.

Maybe it can be fixed by properly adding collision 

2.Also when on NPCs the cloaks can get stretched to the sky and slowly it returns to the NPC body.

No idea :/

Lastly there are not major issues but I wish I could add some more weight to the cloak so that it does not move so much.

Could someone explain what the numbers on the colligion control mean?

The numbers with boxed 0-23?

Good luck, it looks like a complex hdt setup!

The "stuck in body" problem is usually caused by gaps between collision shapes that are linked by a joint or chain.

If something gets inside that gap, it won't come out again because the joint doesn't allow the gap to stretch.

I recommend using Havok Content Tools to get a good view of the collision shape's behaviour.

It's a free download:

https://software.intel.com/sites/havok/en/

http://gfycat.com/VengefulWelltodoEelelephant

As you can see, there are large gaps between the 3 rows, and small gaps between the 5 chained capsule shapes.

There is nothing preventing other objects from lodging themselves between those 3 rows... I guess you can reduce the chance of it happening by making the shapes flatter and reducing the space between them.

The collision control groups are for preventing collisions between groups of objects. By default your shape will collide with everything.

To prevent that, you can assign your shape to a group, and select the other groups that it should not collide with.

• 8 months later...

I'm sorry to necro this thread.  I've tried asking this question in several places(even started my own topic) but haven't gotten an answer.  My buddy and I have created a gorgon race.  It has snake hair(with a nice amount of hdt, looks like the snakes are writhing) and a snake tail.  The snake tail bounces too much and doesn't swing enough.  I've tried editing it in the JFF but so far, the results are either nothing or too much.  What kind of constraints sound I work on to get the tail to swing side to side and which ones help control the bounce?  Here is the xml to see what I've done so far.  Thank you for your time.

GorgonTail.xml

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Very handy tool.

Is constraint edit bugged? Even just opening a mesh hdtconstraintdata without changing any values in linear/angular limit, the corresponding HDT mesh becomes extremely buggy, as if the HDT pivot is just in perma rotation. Was really hoping to get some jiggly affects from using this outside of just messing with rigid body.

• 2 months later...

Hopefully some is still interested in optimizing the BBP Physics. Not that i made all the work for nothing. I made this guide.

I don't have all the answers but i think i could help out alot.

If i do any mistakes let me know, also excuse bad grammer since english is not my native language

I tried to explain stuff so that also beginners understand (i am bloody noob by myself acutally)

In the following take breast for example but can be applied to butt 1:1 also.

BBP / JFF Guide

If you want fast solutions without too much optimizing (unlike me for 5 days straight). The most import values are marked in blue.

They give instant results and are most responsive for bounce. But keep in mind to get something really awesome out of this takes lot of time.

1.) Basic understandings

1.1) Understanding the Havoc object

From what i experienced it's like a spring or a bumper that causes a strong repulsive force in one linear direction.

Movements are being created from animations in the first place but the physics cause strong repelling in one direction.

Don't get it wrong, changing the parameters can affect on all axes/movements but the repelling force is focused so to say. A matter that can't be changed

By default the "repelling or strong axis" is the linear Z-axis (up/down).

1.2) Understanding the axes

- the linear axes for linear (straight line) movements (Z=up/down, X=left/right, Y=in/out)

- the angular axes for rotational movements (Z=left/right rotation, X=up/down rotation, Y=clockwise/counterclockwise rotation)

2.) Adjusting Parameters (Rigid body)

2.1) Rigid Boy > Generic Properties > Name / Motiontype / Friction / Restitution

Friction and Restitution don't seem to have any noticeable influence (maybe doesn't apply to a sphere), Name and Motion type must not be changed.

2.2) Rigid Boy > Advanced Properties > Linear Damping

This parameter indicates how hard/soft the dampingis are. It affects the bouncing duration. This is the master bounce factor.

Increase this value to decrease the bouncing duration, or decrease it to increase duration.

Seems to apply to all linear axes but like mentioned the biggest result you will notice for the "strong axis"

2.3) Rigid Boy > Advanced Properties > Angular Damping

Same as linear damping but for angular axes. Here i'm not sure if there is a "strong angular axis", i doubt it.

I recommend setting this between 0 - 0.2 otherwise the breasts might stuck on their reversing points due to the lacking rotational force by default.

2.4) Rigid Boy > Advanced Properties > Gravity

Maybe obsolete or only influences certain circumstances, i can't figure out what or if this changes anything at all.

2.5) Rigid Boy > Advanced Properties > Timefactor

Overall processing speed... for the case you want slowmo boobs

2.6) Rigid Boy > Mass Properties > Mass(kg)

A bit tricky. Imagine filling a balloon with either water or air

more water means: more "flappy" behavior, longer bounce duration, slower speed movement

more air means: the opposite effects

If you want a fast solution maybe don't change this since it takes time to optimize and influences other parameters greatly.

additional info: if you increase the weight you have most likely to adjust linear ranges in Constraints (see 3.3) as well because if the range is too small you might suddenly loose

all repelling force in an instant. It's like smashing your breasts on the table before they reach the bumper

2.7) Rigid Boy > Mass Properties > Center of Mass

Changes weight position (imagine a unbalanced weighted ball) All movements are being affected by that.

To not go too much into detail, increasing Y-parameter causes stronger swing motions (talking about real pendulum swings not just linear stretching)

But be warned, if you want perfect "swing doors" this can get quite a very difficult and time-consuming task and maybe not turns out in what you expected.

If you mess with this values will often have the result that the breast just stuck at the weight spot.

2.8) Rigid Boy > Mass Properties > Inertia Tensor

.... this is beyond me. If you are curious google or wiki for "moment of inertia". This is rather something for an absolute pro.

2.9) Rigid Boy > Mass Properties > Collision

Select the Body Part(s) that the selected bone should collide with if you use a collision body. Eventually change the radius (under shape) for clipping issues.

No idea about the numbers but i think they represent bone numbers from the entrie skeleton.

3.) Adjusting Parameters (Constraints)

3.1) Constrains > Joints

Here you can move the anchor (the 0-point) for the axes. Values apply to linear and angular axes.

Pivot A and Pivot B seem to have a different behavior while B seems to be smoother. So if you change anything here, i recommend Pivot B.

You can use it to fix small morphing issues. This does also influence the overall behavior but i think it is rather meant for troubleshooting. Examples:

- flat breasts, spiky or twisting nipples: change the Y-axis.

- hanging or too much lifted breasts: change Z-Axis

3.2) Constrains > Linear Limits > Linear Basis

This is vector related stuff and would therefore be too much to explain here. To put it simple you can change direction of the main repelling force.

For example setting Pitch(Y) to something around 1.0 causes the repelling force towards the X-axis. So the boobs swing strongly to left/right but not so much up/down anymore.

3.3) Constrains > Linear Limits > Linear Limits

For a change something that can be explained easy. Set the min/max stretching ranges here.

Values have 0-reference so a bigger value (away from zero) means a bigger range in either positive or negative direction.

3.4) Constrains > Linear Limits > Friction / Linear Motor

uknown

3.6) Constrains > Angular Limits > Angular Basis A / B

Vector related again. I'm not entirely sure since this is rotational axis, therefore i guess it just creates a angular offset more or less and Basis A and B seem to negate each other. This requires a real pro again.

3.7) Constrains > Angular Limits > Angular Limits

same as linear limits just applies to angular axes.

additional info: if you see that rather your nipples spin but not the rest try to move joint in -Y direction because it means the bone and so the anchor is too far in the frontal part

of the breast

• 4 months later...

Hopefully some is still interested in optimizing the BBP Physics. Not that i made all the work for nothing. I made this guide.

If i do any mistakes let me know, also excuse bad grammer since english is not my native language

I tried to explain stuff so that also beginners understand (i am bloody noob by myself acutally)

BBP / JFF Guide

If you want fast solutions without too much optimizing (unlike me for 5 days straight). The most import values are marked in blue.

They give instant results and are most responsive for bounce. But keep in mind to get something really awesome out of this takes lot of time.

1.) Basic understandings

From what i experienced it's like a spring or a bumper that causes a strong repulsive force in one linear direction.

Movements are being created from animations in the first place but the physics cause strong repelling in one direction.

Don't get it wrong, changing the parameters can affect on all axes/movements but the repelling force is focused so to say. A matter that can't be changed

- the linear axes for linear (straight line) movements (Z=up/down, X=left/right, Y=in/out)

- the angular axes for rotational movements (Z=left/right rotation, X=up/down rotation, Y=clockwise/counterclockwise rotation)

2.1) Rigid Boy > Generic Properties > Name / Motiontype / Friction / Restitution

Friction and Restitution don't seem to have any noticeable influence (maybe doesn't apply to a sphere), Name and Motion type must not be changed.

This parameter indicates how hard/soft the dampingis are. It affects the bouncing duration. This is the master bounce factor.

Increase this value to decrease the bouncing duration, or decrease it to increase duration.

Seems to apply to all linear axes but like mentioned the biggest result you will notice for the "strong axis"

Same as linear damping but for angular axes. Here i'm not sure if there is a "strong angular axis", i doubt it.

I recommend setting this between 0 - 0.2 otherwise the breasts might stuck on their reversing points due to the lacking rotational force by default.

Maybe obsolete or only influences certain circumstances, i can't figure out what or if this changes anything at all.

more water means: more "flappy" behavior, longer bounce duration, slower speed movement

If you want a fast solution maybe don't change this since it takes time to optimize and influences other parameters greatly.

additional info: if you increase the weight you have most likely to adjust linear ranges in Constraints (see 3.3) as well because if the range is too small you might suddenly loose

all repelling force in an instant. It's like smashing your breasts on the table before they reach the bumper

Changes weight position (imagine a unbalanced weighted ball) All movements are being affected by that.

To not go too much into detail, increasing Y-parameter causes stronger swing motions (talking about real pendulum swings not just linear stretching)

But be warned, if you want perfect "swing doors" this can get quite a very difficult and time-consuming task and maybe not turns out in what you expected.

If you mess with this values will often have the result that the breast just stuck at the weight spot.

.... this is beyond me. If you are curious google or wiki for "moment of inertia". This is rather something for an absolute pro.

Select the Body Part(s) that the selected bone should collide with if you use a collision body. Eventually change the radius (under shape) for clipping issues.

No idea about the numbers but i think they represent bone numbers from the entrie skeleton.

3.1) Constrains > Joints

Here you can move the anchor (the 0-point) for the axes. Values apply to linear and angular axes.

Pivot A and Pivot B seem to have a different behavior while B seems to be smoother. So if you change anything here, i recommend Pivot B.

You can use it to fix small morphing issues. This does also influence the overall behavior but i think it is rather meant for troubleshooting. Examples:

This is vector related stuff and would therefore be too much to explain here. To put it simple you can change direction of the main repelling force.

For example setting Pitch(Y) to something around 1.0 causes the repelling force towards the X-axis. So the boobs swing strongly to left/right but not so much up/down anymore.

For a change something that can be explained easy. Set the min/max stretching ranges here.

Values have 0-reference so a bigger value (away from zero) means a bigger range in either positive or negative direction.

uknown

Vector related again. I'm not entirely sure since this is rotational axis, therefore i guess it just creates a angular offset more or less and Basis A and B seem to negate each other. This requires a real pro again.

additional info: if you see that rather your nipples spin but not the rest try to move joint in -Y direction because it means the bone and so the anchor is too far in the frontal part

of the breast

Thanks for the tut.! Very nice use of visuals and layman terms for scrubs like myself.

Cheers mate~

• 6 months later...
On 5/31/2014 at 3:39 PM, PeterForFun said:

It works ok for me but anyway here is acopy/paste url

www.dailymotion.com/gr?ff=1&urlback=%2Fvideo%2Fx1xrv6p_tesv-2014-05-31-14-22-44-71_redband

you need to set the filter for underage viewers to off

name of the video in dailymotion: TESV 2014-05-31 14-22-44-71

edit:

sorry, my bad, first time posting a vid

here are the correct ones

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xrv6p_tesv-2014-05-31-14-22-44-71_redband

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xr2gb_tesv-2014-05-31-14-22-44-71_redband

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xr2gb_tesv-2014-05-31-14-22-44-71_redband

www.dailymotion.com/video/x1xrv6p_tesv-2014-05-31-14-22-44-71_redband

i set the filter off and one video is just gone..

• 9 months later...

Thanks a lot for the tool!

Never in my life tried to mess with HDT settings but with your tool and Siro18's explanation of the things (link to the video is broken, again?) I was able to correct the existing XML to my perverted realistic-size-lovers taste in just two tries! (changed the Inertia Tensors in the wrong way)

Awesome!

• 1 year later...

Forgive me im new to this stuff and was basically sent here through a rabbit hole of mod after mod. One suggested this to make things work better so i'd figure i'd try and follow it. However i can't seem to even open the application due to that error below. Any ideas on what to do would be very helpful, as ive been trying (and failing) to fix it myself. If anyone else had the same error and fixed it, i'd love to hear how in hopes it works for me.

Capture.PNG

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2017 at 11:19 PM, MurderMitten said:

Thanks for the tut.! Very nice use of visuals and layman terms for scrubs like myself.

Cheers mate~

On 1/20/2017 at 9:09 AM, siro18 said:

BBP / JFF Guide

1.) Basic understandings

3.1) Constrains > Joints

uknown

of the breast

Super necro bump but im messing with the numbers on the collisions to experiment and find out whats going on

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
9 minutes ago, youngfool said:

second this lol

What do you need to know?

What all the different stats mean and do?

If so then I don't think anyone can really help in the way of a layman's guide. From what I understood (when looking for the same sort of guide) you need a fundamental understanding of 3D modelling and Physics and Mathmatics for it all to make real sense to you. I watched a couple of videos explaining what Tensors were and how the "worked" and all I learned was that I 'm a fucking moron. ?

My best suggestion would be get a few xml's that range from reduced jiggle and bounce (like My Body is Not Jello) to realistic (Bazinga's) to exaggerated (pretty much everyone elses xml) and open them together (you can open multiple instances of JFF) and compare the settings. That's how I made mine.

So for NPC L Breast and R Breast, the breasts are already colliding with arm and hands but just not as much as I would like. I know my character breast is too big for the hdt which is causing alot of clippings issues (hands goes into breasts and belly), in this case which option do I need to fiddle with?

Also im using clams I dont see belly in the xml.

nvm i see the belly.

37 minutes ago, youngfool said:

So for NPC L Breast and R Breast, the breasts are already colliding with arm and hands but just not as much as I would like. I know my character breast is too big for the hdt which is causing alot of clippings issues (hands goes into breasts and belly), in this case which option do I need to fiddle with?

Also im using clams I dont see belly in the xml.

nvm i see the belly.

Honestly I have have know idea, hopefully someone who does know will answer but I would look at the collisions part and play with shape and size there.

(Don't use my settings as this xml is made for a character that has Pecs more than Breasts so reduced bounce and movement)

image.png.7bc30fd404a67cc55765bcc1e1ffb56f.png

11 hours ago, Mez558 said:

Honestly I have have know idea, hopefully someone who does know will answer but I would look at the collisions part and play with shape and size there.

(Don't use my settings as this xml is made for a character that has Pecs more than Breasts so reduced bounce and movement)

image.png.7bc30fd404a67cc55765bcc1e1ffb56f.png

I think this is the right track, Ill experiment with this and let you guys know. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...