Customize: .xml parameters and editing

Im trying to figure it out how edit properly the collision btw hands and PC breast using the well know "sexy" idle that grab the boobs for some secs and in idl mode.

the preset used is all-in-one, should i edit HDfinger.xml or hdtPhisics? Can't find a tutorial for finger / hands.

NPC R and L breast have hlpCapsuleShape in collision shape listing, also since it's also used in HDfinger.xml i wonder what to do.

hkpCapsuleShape for the breasts?

That's odd. I'd never choose a capsule for those.

Whatever. If you really wanna keep these xmls then click on that hkpcapsuleshape field (using Just For Fun v4) and increase the radius by one. Then test it again ingame. Increase again if this wasn't enough. You don't need to leave the game for testing that, just minimize it, replace the old hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml with the edited one, open the game again and open the racemenu so the collision data gets updated. Or equip and unequip an armor, that should do the same.

If increasing the breast collision box doesn't help then you can do the same for the finger entries (in your case in the hdtfingers.xml). For those making the capsule longer might be better though. Increase the absolute value of the vector (Vertex1 --> Vertex2) but don't change where it's pointing ... in case you don't know anything about vector algebra - tough luck  :P

Btw, the explanation for angular and linear values in the OP of this thread is not correct. What's that nonsense about linear being "vertical" and angular being "horizontal"?

And the max velocities are not a different time factor...

The language used is much too imprecise anyway, I don't even know where to start explaining what's wrong with that OP.

Im trying to figure it out how edit properly the collision btw hands and PC breast using the well know "sexy" idle that grab the boobs for some secs and in idl mode.

the preset used is all-in-one, should i edit HDfinger.xml or hdtPhisics? Can't find a tutorial for finger / hands.

NPC R and L breast have hlpCapsuleShape in collision shape listing, also since it's also used in HDfinger.xml i wonder what to do.

hkpCapsuleShape for the breasts?

That's odd. I'd never choose a capsule for those.

Whatever. If you really wanna keep these xmls then click on that hkpcapsuleshape field (using Just For Fun v4) and increase the radius by one. Then test it again ingame. Increase again if this wasn't enough. You don't need to leave the game for testing that, just minimize it, replace the old hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml with the edited one, open the game again and open the racemenu so the collision data gets updated. Or equip and unequip an armor, that should do the same.

If increasing the breast collision box doesn't help then you can do the same for the finger entries (in your case in the hdtfingers.xml). For those making the capsule longer might be better though. Increase the absolute value of the vector (Vertex1 --> Vertex2) but don't change where it's pointing ... in case you don't know anything about vector algebra - tough luck  :P

Btw, the explanation for angular and linear values in the OP of this thread is not correct. What's that nonsense about linear being "vertical" and angular being "horizontal"?

The language used is much too imprecise anyway, I don't even know where to start explaining what's wrong with that OP.

Thx for the info, worked pretty well by increasing the radius from 1.00000 to 8.70000 :lol:

Now i do have breast collision working as intended with hands and other stuff :) It's actually really fun to edit it himself, very rewarding for a noob like me.

• 5 months later...

Hey all, I'm one of the authors for the Tsaesci/Gorgon Race mods. And I've been working on a new tail for better animations.  But when I tried to make the HDT physics for it, everything has gone wonky.  Here's what it looks like in game with the physics. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/670962/?

And this is what it looks like without physics. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/Images/670963/?

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong, because no matter how I tweak it, it's still all twisted.

That's what physics enabled objects look like without mass and proper constraints/stiffness applied.

Virtually every author aside from bazinga ignores both of these settings and just expects bounces to look good (to them) and pay attention to nothing else, so when someone else tries to tweak or modify those settings, stuff like this is what they end up with.

While you're working on it:

Set the time constraints so it moves in slow motion so you can see exactly what it's doing.

Because of the length you're working with, you should start with large object shapes and vertex absolutes and work your way down to smaller ones once the motion is on the right track.

Thank you for your quick response.  I made the HDT stuff from scratch and it had mass and constraints, but I was totally guessing what they should be because, all the tutorials I found talked about hair or breasts which would not have the same physics.

So, can I edit those things you suggest in the JFF tool?  My 3ds max doesn't seem to want to export the HDT stuff any more. 

I am trying to learn how HDT works and how to use xml files to control clothing, armor etc. I have several skirts that slit in half on the bottom when I walk.  One side moves with the right thigh and one side with the left thigh. I want the center to aminate with the sides, remaining intact. How do I go about assigning the proper controls to the skirt. I assume you have to add bones to the various parts of the skirt to make it move a certain way and use a xml file to control them? I'm a noob and finding it very difficult to get help learning this stuff.  I see many of the Asian clothes swirl and flow with the movement of the body. I want mine to do the same. 

Thank you for your quick response.  I made the HDT stuff from scratch and it had mass and constraints, but I was totally guessing what they should be because, all the tutorials I found talked about hair or breasts which would not have the same physics.

So, can I edit those things you suggest in the JFF tool?  My 3ds max doesn't seem to want to export the HDT stuff any more. 

Yes, you can, (make sure to look at ALL the sliders and fields, they aren't all exposed immediately)

If you're exporting from max pre2015 I suggest you look at canderes' tutorial on youtube, he explains at least three redundant but absolutely necessary steps in Skyrim importing and exporting from max to avoid bullshit.

That's a good suggestion, and I'll check out his tutorial. But the problem is there is something wrong with my 3ds max.  I've re-installed a couple of times and the issue is still there.  I can export the custom animations I make just fine, but it doesn't want to export HDT stuff any more.  Or more accurately, it exports completely useless xmls whenever I try.  Same with trying to export the nif skeleton.  It'll export the mesh just fine, but not the skeleton.

Okay, I've been tweaking the constraint settings in the JFF tool and it is working pretty good.  I've gotten the tail almost to the shape it needs to be. So, thank you again for the advice, it is helping a lot.

Another question I have is, I set it up in the nif so that it would have the tail xml and a floor xml.  I did this to help reduce clipping with the ground.  Any suggestions on how to make it work better, because as of the moment, you can't even tell I have the floor xml. I was looking at the rigid body stuff and it has that section down at the bottom where it says the item won't collid with but is there a way to pick what you want it to collide with?

PE Floor collision has never worked correctly, so the best you're going to be able to do is adjust your collision shapes to be slightly off center from the bones in regards to the vertical axis. If floor collisions did work, PE would pretty much melt your cpu anyway. As for other objects colliding, you have to build them from scratch by assigning the bones, node, xml and collision shape.

If you want total mesh to mesh collisions including floor and morphable meshes you have to use SMP. PE doesn't support any of that.

SMP has its own things and methodology and about as far separated from PE as nVidia is from AMD, and frankly if you're this far along you're probably better off sticking with PE as it is far more popular and user friendly than SMP.

Also don't forget to set your angular and linear velocity maxes to 255 or you can expect 11 billion posts in your bug section about invisible tails and infinitely stretchy everything.

Thanks, I've never messed with the PE or the SMP stuff before.  The floor xml was a suggestion someone else made and the gave it to me when I told them I didn't know where to get it.  When you say the angular and linear velocity do you mean the dampening?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I've got it mostly working right, but it is dragging into the ground.  What aspect of the JFF should I edit to fix that?

Sorry for the late answer. I would go to jff -> Constraints -> your dragging body part, whatever it is -> linear limits -> linear motor z (I am guessing it is the z axis) -> pick the small button to the right -> increase the spring constant.

The spring constant should be proportional to the mass of your body part. For me a mass of 10 with gravity factor 1 required a spring constant of about 1000.

I also have a question.

I made my own hdt preset with jff now. It is using both linear and angular limits. I made a funny discovery:

• While indoors, all is jiggling nicely.
  • Outdoors, the angular springs seem to have stuck - just as if the damping was incredibly high. All movement is only done by the linear springs.

Did anyone also notice that effect, or is it just my installation?

I tried different characters. If I am walking back into any indoor location, the angular springs are on again.

So, I've got it mostly working right, but it is dragging into the ground.  What aspect of the JFF should I edit to fix that?

Sorry for the late answer. I would go to jff -> Constraints -> your dragging body part, whatever it is -> linear limits -> linear motor z (I am guessing it is the z axis) -> pick the small button to the right -> increase the spring constant.

The spring constant should be proportional to the mass of your body part. For me a mass of 10 with gravity factor 1 required a spring constant of about 1000.

Thanks I'll look into that.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

It is about 3 years that I have not played and updated my Skyrim installation, in these days I have updated all my old favorite mods,
I have Skyrim LE with body made with UUNP bodyslide with HDT PE and Fair Skin texture, medium height, race are Breton or Yg nord, skinny build, the classic Russian girl, long legs medium-small breasts, everything works, breast, butt, belly bounce and HDT vagina and bellly collision, I use the classic SOS and Floppy SOS only on balls, for lesbian/futa scene I use UNP equipable SOS.

The result, however, is unbalanced, with men and  the classic SOS mod "Vector Plus" penis, with a size no more than 5, but also 4 or 3 if the male character is larger and taller than average, sometimes the vagina does not open a little less than it should, it also depends on the animation, the breasts move too much, being medium to small, they move as if they were almost jelly during walking and in sex scenes, even the belly swings more than it should up and down, but unfortunately it swells very little or nothing during most of the scenes of penetration even with medium-large penises.

Some kind soul can explain to me step by step the fastest and most effective way to increase the the belly bulge effect during a penetration by medium SOS penis, possibly not beyond SOS size 5, what should I do, use some Tool and edit specific parameters in the XML file for HDT PE collision, that I don't even remember where it is, and if so how?

and how do I make the bounce more rigid, less slippery jelly effect, so that a medium-small breast, does not bounce as if it were an XXL breast, which is much heavier, here too how should I proceed?

• 2 years later...
On 2/16/2017 at 6:34 AM, Bazinga said:

I did't understand anything that the OP said. If I want to edit the bounce range and gravity for the breasts, both horizontal and vertical, witch lines and values do I edit? It is really confusing how the OP explained this.