Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Setup: Step by Step setup basics for HDT Physics Extension

HDT Tutorial Setup

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Grey Eric

Grey Eric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I'm having some problems with the load order.  I've followed the OP exactly, but for some reason, the Mods are not all showing up in my load order.  I get the general DLC from Steam, CBBE, and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended but that's all.

SKSE installs as an option to run Skyrim for you, I'm assuming so the scripts get loaded up front, so I believe I'm good there, but the hdtPhysicsExtension is missing from the load order completely. (see screenshots).

The physics extension installed fine via NMM, but doesn't appear in load order in either NMM or MO.

Any suggestions before I proceed?  

Oh, the game runs, I've tested it out with a new character, so at least I'm not crashing, etc.

Attached Files

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

Title: Monsto - Name: Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

what's in your Overwrite dir?

If you're using MO, forget nmm. If you're using them both, you will absolutely have problems.

Use MO and install the zips that NMM downloaded. Install EVERYTHING. Once it's installed, make a new profile and uncheck everything you don't want.

I bet it then works. Like magic.

Grey Eric

Grey Eric

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

what's in your Overwrite dir?

If you're using MO, forget nmm. If you're using them both, you will absolutely have problems.

Use MO and install the zips that NMM downloaded. Install EVERYTHING. Once it's installed, make a new profile and uncheck everything you don't want.

I bet it then works. Like magic.

Thanks for your reply.  

There is nothing except a couple of log files in the Overwrite dir.  (ModOrganizer\overwrite\skse\plugins) I uninstalled the mods (except SKSE since, according to the readme file, it was installed correctly) and tried again.  The same log files remain after reinstalling and running Skyrim via the SKSE shortcut

I had to force hdtPhysicsExtensions to install via MO.  It claims that the package is built incorrectly (see screenshot).  I can get it to install, and it seems to work fine, but the entry in the load order is greyed out (light grey) (see screenshot 2) 

I'm still looking for my old mods (I forgot to note them all down like an idiot) so I don't have anything else to check out now.

Again, the game plays fine, no glitches at this point, but I can't see any difference in how it runs, so I've got to install a few more to be certain.

Edit:  After installing a few more mods, things seem to work. I have . . . bounce!

So overall, this has been a good day, I got my mods to install, I've seen installed the BB Luxury Suite. Tomorrow, I'm gonna see if I can't have sex with something  /cat

Attached Files

Sonowske

Sonowske

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the HDT extensions to work.

I started using Mod Organizer recently so it could still be that I'm just not very good with it, but for the most part:

- I have a body installed (CBBE - I selected the BBP option when going through the set up)

- I have Groove's XPMS skeleton installed, as well as the ragdolls mod.

- ALSO, I did install SKSE using Mod Organizer as well. and because there was no plugins folder for me under the Skyrim/Mod Organizer/mods/SKSE directory, I had to make one.

- I then extracted the HDT plugin files to that plugins folder.

- I checked that my load order was corrected launched SKSE via Mod Organizer.

- I create a new game and unclothe my female character, and notice no visible difference.

Can someone help me out? I'd greatly appreciate it.

I've also attached a picture of my load order.

Attached Files

PeterForFun

PeterForFun

Νεκρός,αλλα μ' αρέσει..(Dead,but i like it)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

I see you have racecompatibility plugin in your load order.Do you play as a custom race?Maybe that's the problem because i have read that Ninhaim race is a bit diffrently handled as far as HDT goes.Have you tried with any other vanilla race?

Sonowske

Sonowske

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

I use the custom race that comes with Enhanced Character Edit, but only for males. I still use vanilla females.

Subject2Host

Subject2Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Followed every step. 
Removed all to clothes of my newly created char. Nothing bounces. 

This tutorial is so extremely basic. I had tons of issues the first time and it honestly took me 10-15 hours of fucking around and figuring how it all works and how to fix different issues - what was normal conflicts and what was caused by me, etc, etc.

A really good tutorial would of saved me a couple days of pulling my hair out over it, but unfortunately one doesn't exist.

I haven't used HDT long so I'm still a newb but I've got it working pretty well now so I might write a tutorial on here soon enough saying what I did just to help newcomers get it working.

Could you email me at subject2host@gmail.com when the tutorial's done? I have the same exact problems. I do precisely what they say, conduct extra research, and yet there are no fruits for my labor. (As in it doesn't work)

SiegfriedFafnersbane

SiegfriedFafnersbane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Hi there folke! I wonder how the NVidia Physx influence on HDT while playing SLab animations? I mean the NVidia setup in NVidia Coctrol Panel should have PhysX enabled or automatic control? Is there any influence betwean both of them (HDT and NVidia PhysX)?

matrixvn

matrixvn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

I want to know where are "THANKS" button ?

NeatLL

NeatLL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

How do I get jiggle physics to work with a female npc with a skin choice besides 'NONE'?

bingoberra2

bingoberra2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I started using Mod Organizer recently so it could still be that I'm just not very good with it, but for the most part:

- I have a body installed (CBBE - I selected the BBP option when going through the set up)

- ALSO, I did install SKSE using Mod Organizer as well. and because there was no plugins folder for me under the Skyrim/Mod Organizer/mods/SKSE directory, I had to make one.

- I create a new game and unclothe my female character, and notice no visible difference.

Same problem except that i installed SKSE in skyrim folder. And did everything like you ....

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

Title: Monsto - Name: Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

there's no HDTPE in your load list.

Install that as a separate mod  and try it again. 

recommended load order based on your image: SKSE, HDTPE, everything else.

failbot

failbot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

I got this working this morning. Is it normal for this to crater my fps? FPS dropped from 40ish down to the single digits in whiterun, 15ish outside.

I am running Win 7, my hardware is:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P8B75-V (LGA1155) motherboard

Intel Core i5 3350P @ 3.10GHz

8.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)

3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (EVGA)

I am running realvision ENB and all its prereqs. Disabling ONLY HDT immediately solves the fps issue. Is my computer just a piece of junk or am I missing something?

imthatguy_

imthatguy_

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

2Lrj8qbs.jpg How am I doing it wrong?

(dylzkat)

(dylzkat)
  • Guests

i did everything step by step like you said what i get are bounce but with the breast and butt stuck in the same postion?

Attached File  ScreenShot6.jpg   653.02KB   8 downloads

(dylzkat)

(dylzkat)
  • Guests
Nvm I solve the problem best thing to do is just to install with mod manager & bam solved manual install just doesn't cut.

kichigaikikyokagome

kichigaikikyokagome

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Troubleshooting

Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

This is my advice if you are having a consistent and fairly predictable problem of any sort. It's a pain in the ass and time consuming, but in the long run it is the easiest way to solve major problems.

^  I don't think I've done a clean install of Skyrim since it came out. :) I have 241+ mods, 195 plugins. The game runs great. 

As a last resort, if I ever have a problem after messing with mods that I can't fix or figure out, I just right click the Skyrim folder, choose properties, then copy and paste an older version of skyrim folder. Afterwards, I replace the broken, recent Skyrim folder with the working older Skyrim folder.

But thats only happened a couple times. 

The biggest way to protect your game is prevention: READ the read me's. KNOW what you have installed and what its compatable with. READ the papyrus log, track down all bugs no matter how small and obliterate them. And ALWAYS use NMM or a like program to install ANY mod, so that you can uninstall it cleanly (even if you have to package the mod into an archive and import that into NMM).

:)

candykanekiller

candykanekiller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

My physics work when I am dressed but not while I am nude, I checked the files and they are where they should be, It worked before I updated my mods and because I have a lot of mods I am hoping you can narrow it down for me. could it be CBBE 3.4f? BodySlide 2 2.7h? Racemenu 3.3.0? xp32 skeleton extended 3.13? or perhaps s.g. female textures renewal? P.S. I check the load order with LOOT.

MoltenDusk

MoltenDusk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

So the physics work for me with a sfw underwear replacer with unpb, but not nude. I am not using MO, however. (I tried to switch over but all I managed was to screw up a lot of things for a while before I ditched it). I'm sure there's a load order problem but I can't find the correct files in such programs as loot or nmm. I believe because they are not .esp. So I'm wondering how to fix the load order manually. Can this be done? I have too many mods and most everything working fine but this so I don't want to go through the hassle of a full overhaul in transferring over to MO, a program I have to learn from scratch over others I already know.

dakingcartoon

dakingcartoon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

is there any way at all that i can have hdt allow animations like milk mod economy/zaz's milking maching and hand milking animations to play? when using the machine the breasts remain static.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HDT, Tutorial, Setup