Welcome to LoversLab
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Setup: Step by Step setup basics for HDT Physics Extension

HDT Tutorial Setup

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

TrebMarg

TrebMarg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks so much for speedy reply!

Well, if it is only taking up a slot that I'm not even using for anything, then I don't mind leaving it for now, as long as it doesn't have some other negative effect. I imagine it could conflict with another mod that uses the same slot though, so I'll do this eventually (just feeling a bit lazy on a sunday night here atm, lol).

If anyone has a fix for the breast flattening effect, that's what I'm more intent on fixing sooner if possible. I imagine it must have to do with the skeleton, since it seems the flattening effect would be awesome for cloth as intended and I wouldn't want to mess that up by trying to get the bouncing-jiggling I prefer.

Edit: or does CLP's fix make the breast anims not flatten out also?

Download any good bounce kit to fix breast 'flattening'

I can't say I see much in terms of breast 'flattening' issues with HDT. Even the default values don't have that problem.

The only current problem some people still have is 'torpedo boobs' but doing some searching around will show you how to fix that as well.

Hmm, any suggestions for a good bounce kit then?

I have The TBBP animation of Dragonfly, but tbh i was never happy with it, especially the running anim (too much twirling around for my personal taste). I had one for Oblivion that I thought was perfect, it was more of a shudder with each step.

I read that quite a few people had the breasts flattening effect (though maybe most of them had it in the beginning?), but I also found it only seems to happen if you don't delete the .hkx file (so HDT is also affected by bbp and tbbp anims). I found they don't flatten out at all if I delete the .hkx. That's why the one person fixed that issue by making the breast bones more rigid.

I'm using the HDT for Manga file, perhaps that's not the best one?

Edit: It seems I gimped myself by not being very familiar with LL yet and instead of finding the HDT downloads section first (as I just now did) I began by reading all of the "Old HDT Thread" and quite a lot of the other earlier threads thinking I would make myself more familiar with whatever quirks HDT had... Guess I did that and in the process perhaps I learned a thing or two, but I also spent waaaay more time than was needed to get the mod to work properly.

Thanks again for the replies blabba, I'll probably be all good now. xD

AdBot

AdBot
  • Advert

volfin

volfin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

I see mention of a "memory Patch", is this the same patch as this mod?

http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/50305/

i.e. the "Sheson" fix?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the answer here:

http://www.loverslab...e-4#entry705383

It's different from the "Sheson" fix.

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

Title: Monsto - Name: Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

Edited the OP for some clarifications, added info about Load Order . . . that's the cause of 90% of problems.

Seriously, guys, anyone that has problems with these instructions please do one or both of the following:

1. Follow the instructions exactly without any changes.
  2. Post to this thread that you had a problem and what exactly it was.

If the instructions are broken somehow, I need to know so I can fix them.

skylab

skylab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

for ADEC body 

1. Download and install TBBP main file v 1 01 by Dragonfly Alternate link ---->TBBP main file v 1 01 by Dragonfly
2. Optional Step Install the TBBP stand still idle animation which can be downloaded from the optional files section on this page... This will replace the twirling idle that comes with Dragonfly's default animations.
3. Install ADEC TBBP main body file (nude or nevernude) and select to overwrite all files from Dragonfly's.
4. Download FNIS Behavior Files V3.5 or later Always Necessary Then run GenerateFNISfor Users... Check the box for "SKELETON arm fix"...This fixes the arm casting animation.

I just need to do only step 3 or step 1-3 for install the body

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

for ADEC body 

1. Download and install TBBP main file v 1 01 by Dragonfly Alternate link ---->TBBP main file v 1 01 by Dragonfly
2. Optional Step Install the TBBP stand still idle animation which can be downloaded from the optional files section on this page... This will replace the twirling idle that comes with Dragonfly's default animations.
3. Install ADEC TBBP main body file (nude or nevernude) and select to overwrite all files from Dragonfly's.
4. Download FNIS Behavior Files V3.5 or later Always Necessary Then run GenerateFNISfor Users... Check the box for "SKELETON arm fix"...This fixes the arm casting animation.

I just need to do only step 3 or step 1-3 for install the body

The reason this works is because ADEC includes a recent XPMS with it's install. Not all bodies do. That's why I put it in the generic instructions to be installed after the body. . . so that it can overwrite old or incompatible skeletons.

OneOfTwo

OneOfTwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

I have a very stupid question I'm sure after all the reading I've done, in using the 2nd post in this thread I cannot figure out how to make bodyslide to work with all the armors?  If every mod is in its own folder body slide isn't seeing the Armors I've installed?  Do I have manually install stuff like Armors, menus and body slide?  :-( 

Thank you.

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

I have a very stupid question I'm sure after all the reading I've done, in using the 2nd post in this thread I cannot figure out how to make bodyslide to work with all the armors?  If every mod is in its own folder body slide isn't seeing the Armors I've installed?  Do I have manually install stuff like Armors, menus and body slide?  :-( 

Thank you.

You have to manually tailor the outfits to the bodyslide character using outfit studio.

Yes... it's tedious.

Gentlerus

Gentlerus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts

could someone make a step by step video?! I'm horrible at following instructions like this ;-;

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

could someone make a step by step video?! I'm horrible at following instructions like this ;-;

These instructions are specifically and exactly what needs to be done.

I use the exactly correct names for things when necessary and make no assumptions about a users knowledge.

To quote what I've said before, these instructions have been painstakingly developed over many years of my own frustration with shitty instructions and shitty attitudes towards questions about the shitty instructions. 

Seriously . . . if you can't follow these instructions, you should probably stop modding skyrim.

Jags2ooo

Jags2ooo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

These instructions are specifically and exactly what needs to be done.

I use the exactly correct names for things when necessary and make no assumptions about a users knowledge.

To quote what I've said before, these instructions have been painstakingly developed over many years of my own frustration with shitty instructions and shitty attitudes towards questions about the shitty instructions. 

Seriously . . . if you can't follow these instructions, you should probably stop modding skyrim.

LoL

TwistyReptile

TwistyReptile

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Uh, it doesn't seem to want to work with Mod Manager. Halp.

reaperhack

reaperhack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9 posts

i used unpb(load order is attached) as body(bbp excluded) and it didn't bounce. then i put bbp, it bounced but didn't collide with the arms. so i assumed hdt didn't work. it also happened to cbbe. nothing bounces.

next i tried hdt bodyslide and overwrite female body_0 and female body_1 from the body(cbbe/unpb, excluding bbp) with this one. it did bounces but nothing collide.

where did it go wrong?

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.png   27.45KB   23 downloads

RaulCuevas

RaulCuevas

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

So, hate to be a bother, but I can't find the answer anywhere:

Is it safe to uninstall hdt physics? (Not the havok object, only the files that go into the Skse folder). Is there any risk of save corruption or leftovers?

Monsto Brukes

Monsto Brukes

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,062 posts

No danger to any of that.

LordZulten

LordZulten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I am using XPMSE 2.0 Alpha, CBBE body, and have HDT Physics Extension enabled, Ran FNIS for the skeleton, and I am getting a CTD when removing clothing. 

I tried PSB_2.0 and still got a crash. 

I ran bodyslide and used the "Rebuild Batch" button to create the outfits.

Is there something I'm missing?

yxpoh

yxpoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Old Problems

Spoiler

But I still can't get the idle animations to work with the physics/collisions. Any ideas? I am testing it while naked and not with clothes.

I got the loremanager with collisions.

Attached Files

slipd

slipd

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

I am having an issue with the step "Install skeleton with BBP or TBBP compatibility." I clicked on the link, but the download seems to be manual only. I have NMM installed, but I guess that add-on can only be install manually. I tried looking through the notes for install instructions and couldn't find any. Can anyone tell me where the files in XP32 Maximum Skeleton are supposed to go?

Hulalapop

Hulalapop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

well thanks to you...I love this mod :D

tj3n123

tj3n123

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

hi guys, i got the trouble that breats look like torpedoes, but ONLY when the character use sexy idle animation with it, can someone help? im using UNBP redux BBP + XPMSE and follow the guide correctly (if i reinstall XPMSE it will work fine until i use showracemenu or do something with follower)

penguincguy

penguincguy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3 posts

How do I combine two hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml files? I want to use this mod along with HDT Equiptment. Each of the mods come with one of these files and when i use one it overwrites the other. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: HDT, Tutorial, Setup