It was answered, right above your post.  Of course it's possible, but again regardless of how many slots it finds, the slots are shared between ST and RM.  Any slots you use for RM reduces the number of slots available for ST for the PC.  For NPCs, RM doesn't come into play.  The real only issue with adjusting for the number of slots is the ability to display a variable number of slots in the MCM, or more specifically the max amount of slots it could display in a page and still be usable/user friendly.

Haha, whoops. I left the tab open for a long while before I posted; never saw your response. Sorry about that.

I get what you are saying, but in regards to my own experience (sorry, other people) I increased, for instance, max slots on the body from the default 6 to... Idunno without looking, let's say I doubled it, 12. Now I have six slots open and available if I open RaceMenu. In SlaveTats I still only have six, and they are (obviously) full... with slave tats. Being as one can increase from six to twelve globally (for RM, respectively) is there a workaround to have twelve (or more in general) slots available in SlaveTats, or would that require cut and paste and cut and paste in the script? Because I don't fuck with scripts. If you told me you were going to shoot my mother unless I edited a script, I would begin the mourning process ahead of schedule.

This basically comes down to how MCM works. SlaveTats uses MCM's state-based API to code the menu system. The state-based API is superior in almost every way, but it does not support having a dynamic number of UI elements on a menu page, which means that the menu can't adapt to having more tattoo slots than expected. Even if I used the otherwise inferior stateless API, MCM only supports a limited number of user interface elements per page, which would start causing trouble at the upper end of the numbers of slots that people might think are reasonable.

Hi thanks for mod

this has prob been asked before but i was wondering if the tattoos could be recognized by NPCs slave marks  are just  eye candy as it is now, when it could be so much more

Iggy

It's entirely possible, because tats can cast spells and send mod events, but it's not something I'm planning on adding to the base module.

If it's any help, Got some code that does just that in the next installment of QAYL. Should be an (very raw) alpha for that out by the weekend.

I have a feeling that has something to do with: 

Just bear in mind that you need a save point before you load it. If you think your girl has issues now ...

:P

Thanks to you guys, I'm making my own tattoos right now.

But a quick question. Is there any way to fix underlying layer, so it doesn't get affected by Move Tool, or easier way to move only Text Layer? I do not know why, but it's a pain in the ass to select & move text layer... 8/10 of the time the layer underneath gets selected and moved.

Thanks to you guys, I'm making my own tattoos right now.

But a quick question. Is there any way to fix underlying layer, so it doesn't get affected by Move Tool, or easier way to move only Text Layer? I do not know why, but it's a pain in the ass to select & move text layer... 8/10 of the time the layer underneath gets selected and moved.

If you're talking about the GIMP, when you select the move tool, there's an option in the tool panel to "move the active layer." That's what you want.

Writing vertically - I take it writing horizontal and rotating it isn't what you want?

I usually use inkscape for text related stuff, export as bitmap and then paste the results into gimp.

For the slavetats commentary - all I did was catch the modevent when a tat gets equipped or unequipped and then add the actor to a faction based on that tatoo. Then I have about a hundred different infos all conditioned on the player's membership and rank for those factions.

Hi murfk,

Your users experiencing an issue, I managed to reproduce on no-matter-which-JC-version (at least on 3.1 and 3.2)

make new char -> save -> apply ST tattoo -> make RM preset -> load save -> load preset -> open ST MCM -> Have fun (infinite recursion and etc)

More info here and below

Bluntly, I consider that a somewhat crazy thing to do, so this problem isn't as high a priority as it might be otherwise. I'm looking into it, though.

Hi murfk,

Your users experiencing an issue, I managed to reproduce on no-matter-which-JC-version (at least on 3.1 and 3.2)

make new char -> save -> apply ST tattoo -> make RM preset -> load save -> load preset -> open ST MCM -> Have fun (infinite recursion and etc)

More info here and below

Bluntly, I consider that a somewhat crazy thing to do, so this problem isn't as high a priority as it might be otherwise. I'm looking into it, though.

As you wish. This part is the most regular part - "load save -> load preset -> open ST MCM"

Basically saying, to catch it need start new game and load RM-preset containing tats, you made in prev. playthrough

Had a gamebreaking problem with this mod.  I had installed this mod a while ago and then ended up uninstalling it to try out some other things.  Stupidly I did not remove the tats I had on at the time.  This causes some mesh overlay problems, but I was able to make the meshes transparent in the RACEMENU.  I figured the problem was solved.  Then I reinstalled slavetats... the game is now constantly alternating between trying to add and remove tattoos from my character.  My computer is a beast, but even it cannot easily shrug off the saves that have grown unbelievably massive (150 meg) and they keep getting larger.  For now I am removing the mod completely again, because I cannot see any way to remove the old tattoos.  I am posting a small segment of a papyrus log here.  Keep in mind that these logs could get as large are 200 meg in just a couple minutes, all just repeating this over and over:

[...]

Already tried the tattoo removal mod, didn't work.

Any help would be great.

I suggest uninstalling SlaveTats, making a new save, using SaveTool to clean that save, using RaceMenu to remove the tattoo overlays, deleting the JContainers data for that save from the JContainers data folder, and then, if you wish, reinstalling SlaveTats and adding the tattoos.

Meanwhile, I'll look into avoiding this in the future.

Had a gamebreaking problem with this mod.  I had installed this mod a while ago and then ended up uninstalling it to try out some other things.  Stupidly I did not remove the tats I had on at the time.  This causes some mesh overlay problems, but I was able to make the meshes transparent in the RACEMENU.  I figured the problem was solved.  Then I reinstalled slavetats... the game is now constantly alternating between trying to add and remove tattoos from my character.  My computer is a beast, but even it cannot easily shrug off the saves that have grown unbelievably massive (150 meg) and they keep getting larger.  For now I am removing the mod completely again, because I cannot see any way to remove the old tattoos.  I am posting a small segment of a papyrus log here.  Keep in mind that these logs could get as large are 200 meg in just a couple minutes, all just repeating this over and over:

[...]

Any help would be great.

I suggest uninstalling SlaveTats, making a new save, using SaveTool to clean that save, using RaceMenu to remove the tattoo overlays, deleting the JContainers data for that save from the JContainers data folder, and then, if you wish, reinstalling SlaveTats and adding the tattoos.

Or wait for the 1.1 release, which is coming pretty soon.

[...]

Any help would be great.

Or wait for the 1.1 release, which is coming pretty soon.

w00t!