Whip marks would be great :angel: , love the stocking set for this - removes all the clipping issues :blush:

Creating tats for this is something I keep meaning to get into.

The hardest part for me was writing the .json. If you don't know how to go here: https://www.jsoneditoronline.org/

I took someone elses .json file and just replaced his file names with mine, worked like a charm.

I don't know if I can post it here or not but I'm going to work on a set intended for loli characters, I'd rather keep it private unless a site admin says its ok

It's probably ok but it's a good idea to keep it for yourself at least until you ask someone about it. I don't know the policy regarding that kinda stuff.

Is there a way to apply normal/specular maps?

Not to my knowledge, these tattoos are literally a single layer applied as an overlay for the player/npc body. If you were to attempt that it would have to be merged into a single layer at the end. But it wouldn't have the same visual effects as applying those normal/specular maps to say, armor or whatever.

I've been trying to make some tats and I'm just not getting it. 

I downloaded a skin mesh from UNP.

I opened it in Gimp and created a new layer.

Created a test tattoo with a transparent background in a dds format.

Made a json file using Notepad, then I followed bigglebojiggle's link to generate a json file.

Loaded the tats into nmm in a zipped folder, textures/character/actor/slavetats.

Nothing appears.

Here is the json file:

[
  {
    "name": "toy (belly)",
    "section": "crud",
    "texture": "toy.dds",
    "area": "Body"
  }
]

Am I missing something?  Obviously I am otherwise it should have worked.

I've been trying to make some tats and I'm just not getting it. 

I downloaded a skin mesh from UNP.

I opened it in Gimp and created a new layer.

Created a test tattoo with a transparent background in a dds format.

Made a json file using Notepad, then I followed bigglebojiggle's link to generate a json file.

Loaded the tats into nmm in a zipped folder, textures/character/actor/slavetats.

Nothing appears.

Here is the json file:

[

{

"name": "toy (belly)",

"section": "crud",

"texture": "toy.dds",

"area": "Body"

}

]

Am I missing something?  Obviously I am otherwise it should have worked.

Yeah... You aren't referencing the folder where the texture is stored I believe. That's why you aren't seeing anything. It doesn't know what to show basically.

[

{"name": "Don't open", "section":"Christmas", "texture":"Christmas\\Don't open.dds", "area":"Body"}

]

Try the part in red. Use the name of your folder which has the textures.

Thanks, Doomsman.  I got the file to show in the slavetats menu but the tattoo doen't appear on the body when I click on the name.  I wasn't able to save as a dds file but I was able to export as dds.  I'm going to review the graphic file again.  One step closer.

If it shows up as an option in the menu but still doesn't display, then it's probably an issue in how you implemented it as a .dds file.

Make sure it actually overlays properly onto the body because it may not show if it isn't aligned well.

Another situation is if it isn't sized properly the overlay can show up in the wrong spot on the body (or everywhere on the body). I learned that bit from experience and some experimenting with gimp.

Thanks, Doomsman.  I got the file to show in the slavetats menu but the tattoo doen't appear on the body when I click on the name.  I wasn't able to save as a dds file but I was able to export as dds.  I'm going to review the graphic file again.  One step closer.

Double check for simple spelling errors, I didnt have a tribal tatoo show up cause I accidentally selled it triabl, failing that do what I did, take someobdy elses .json, go here:

https://www.jsoneditoronline.org/

and then overwrite their stuff with yours

That's what I was thinking, Doomsman.  The problem is, while I can see the file name in the slavetats MCM it won't apply it anywhere on the body.  I click on the file "toy" and the MCM reads, "No Tattoo".

I just downloaded Paint.Net which saves dds files.  I opened and saved the files with that program as dds, same result.  I'll think on it overnite and look at it again tomorrow.

Thanks, bigglebojiggle.  I have no problem seeing the files listed, they just aren't being applied.  I have made two sample tattoos and neither works at the moment.  I had caught your posting earlier and have been using the link you provided.  Very helpful.

do u need 2 downlaod thos all seprate or is thair a all in 1 pack im missing

There are two portions to this mod:

1. The slavetats mod and its requirements.

2. All the tattoo packs.

So yes, you need to download the Slavetats mod itself and then download all the tattoo packs separately afterwards,

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble installing the mod. Firstly it does not appear in the skyui mod config menu ingame and on the nexusmod manager I can only seem to install one at once. Sorry, it's my first time installing something from this website x)

Hello, I'm having a bit of trouble installing the mod. Firstly it does not appear in the skyui mod config menu ingame and on the nexusmod manager I can only seem to install one at once. Sorry, it's my first time installing something from this website x)

Make sure you have the newest versions of Jcontainers (I have J Containers 49743-3-1-1) and Netimmerse Override (I have v3), I don't think it will show up otherwise and it may prompt you at the start that something is missing.

Due to my own issues with Nexus Mod Manager I would say that you should try to use Mod Organizer instead.

2. All the tattoo packs.

So yes, you need to download the Slavetats mod itself and then download all the tattoo packs separately afterwards,

thx for teh info il take a look at it then  btw will it wil lany of thios tatos on furst post under spoiler exsternal also work if u downlaod am or do u need 2 do hsomfing spasial?

Can someone help me out with my SlaveTat mod? I was trying the make one with whip marks and bruises etc. but it wont show up at all in the Slave Tats menu. First off, would the fact that I was trying to not use the specific color type stop it from even showing up? I would have thought the colors just may look weird, anyway, heres my .json files text:

[
{"name": "Badly Beat (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Badly Beat", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Cut Lip", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Cut Lip.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Hit Above Eye (Right Eye)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Hit Above Eye.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Punched (Cheek)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Punched.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Severely Whipped (Full Body)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Severley Whipped.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Slapped (Face)", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Slapped.dds", "area":"Head", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Whipped Ass", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Ass.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Whipped Back", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Back.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"},
{"name": "Whipped Chest", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Chest.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}
{"name": "Whipped Stomach", "section":"Abused", "texture":"Abused\\Whipped Stomach.dds", "area":"Body", "credit":"Bigglebojiggle"}
]

D'oh!! I was missing a comma at the second to last line, would that really mess up the whole thing?

2. All the tattoo packs.

thx for teh info il take a look at it then  btw will it wil lany of thios tatos on furst post under spoiler exsternal also work if u downlaod am or do u need 2 do hsomfing spasial?

You don't need all the tat packs, just the ones that interest you.

The external tat packs work exactly the same as the ones hosted on the download page.

D'oh!! I was missing a comma at the second to last line, would that really mess up the whole thing?

It really would. Computers are picky.

I added it back earlier and it was working, I also accidentally wrote "head" instead of "face" for the area, aside from the over all look (which just needs some erasing and cleanup) it seems to be working. There was a guy on here asking for whip marks, I'm gonna touch it up a bit and if I get it how I like it, I'll upload it for everybody

So I've run into another stumbling block.  I switched to Paint.Net because it natively saves dds files which is good.  According to an earlier post by DocClox I need to save the file as an A8R8G8B8 file.  I've done that.  The tat pack shows up in the MCM and depending on how I save it I either get a No Tattoo option or the name of the file but it doesn't appear on character.

The only thing I'm doing different this time is I'm using a multi-color and soft edged texture.  Do I need to do something different as far as saving to a different file type because of this?

Never mind on all of the above.  I stupidly named the texture files wrong.  Ugh.  All is good once again.