[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hi all, thanks for your help before. I had another question, can someone tell me in simple steps how to get the head and hand parts to show up in body slide or  outfit studio? A video would be great as well.

I figured out a great program that can import/export those .nif files into different formats in x64 windows, in 10, 8, and 7.

( no it's not nifskope and yes it's free. :)

I simply have no way to get a full human model to show up in body slide or outfit studio. I wanted to know so I can make a beautiful girl-filled land with boobs, boobs everywhere. Of of all shapes and sizes. Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time. :D

I am looking for a tutorial on how to convert HDT cloth mods with outfit studio. I know NifSkope is involved but just can't figure it out on my own.

Hope this helps yo. :D

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/29280-how-do-you-add-hdt-to-a-converted-outfit-in-outfit-studio/

Thanks for answering, but I mean like this HDT dress. After I converted it I get CTD when I equip, when I look at it in NifSkope the skirt part balled up on the ground in front of the body. 

Thanks for answering, but I mean like this HDT dress. After I converted it I get CTD when I equip, when I look at it in NifSkope the skirt part balled up on the ground in front of the body. 

Sorry dude, i do not know much of this program. I'm new here too and was hopeing someone can awsner me. I guess that is a tough question. I found an response to something like it here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/page-14

But i have no idea what they are saying, i've been clicking buttons for hours. I wish i had a video of wtf they are saying.

As for you man, maybe you can export it into blender or something yo, here's a program that you can use to export it as an .obj file. From there you can upload it into almost any 3d editing program and back again whenever, even more so with all those converters. ( it's .nif to .obj)  It's been out for years. Here ya go. Hope it helps. biggrin.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/3y1qap/noesis_3d_model_viewer_and_extraction_tool/

Have a question, i have a Mod that only includes Nif_1 meshes, is there a way to make the Nif_0 from them in Outfit Studio/Bodyslide??.

Load it as an outfit then save it as a project, showing the path you want the _0/_1 nifs saved. The load it in bodyslide and build it

The problem with these new full hdt dresses is they do not like being converted.  They have so many different bone weights that have to be assigned correctly or the game crashes if they aren't. And if they do load the outfit flies all over the place or is distorted or missing pieces.  I did the Mai outfit that took me 3 days to get right (mostly anyway) and it was fairly simple with only a few extra bone weights. The dress above is very complex and I don't have near the experience to get it right. I am working on this one now  It will load but the skirts are either a foot away from the body or totally twisted around the player. I am plugging away and it and will eventually figure it out but so far it looks daunting. 

Thanks sorceress, That may have helped the other guy. He asked that. My question was this :

Hi all, thanks for your help before. I had another question, can someone tell me in simple steps how to get the head and hand parts to show up in body slide or  outfit studio? A video would be great as well.

I figured out a great program that can import/export those .nif files into different formats in x64 windows, in 10, 8, and 7.

( no it's not nifskope and yes it's free. smile.png

I simply have no way to get a full human model to show up in body slide or outfit studio. I wanted to know so I can make a beautiful girl-filled land with boobs, boobs everywhere. Of of all shapes and sizes. Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time. biggrin.png

So, I understand about painting and transferring weights, but when I copy breast weights from a reference to, for instance, a bikini top, the weighting for each cup is fine, but the direct middle point of the strap is immobile, creating a V or ^ when the breasts bounce. Is this due to my positioning this strap too low when copying weights, or, perhaps is there some way to paint it, because, with the brush, I can attempt to paint the middle, but it is cold blue at best in the editor.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

So, I understand about painting and transferring weights, but when I copy breast weights from a reference to, for instance, a bikini top, the weighting for each cup is fine, but the direct middle point of the strap is immobile, creating a V or ^ when the breasts bounce. Is this due to my positioning this strap too low when copying weights, or, perhaps is there some way to paint it, because, with the brush, I can attempt to paint the middle, but it is cold blue at best in the editor.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

having the same issue with some skirts that split in the middle as I walk. Trying to get the center to move with the body. Probably gonna require writing a hdt .xml which I have no clue how to do but want to learn if I can get the help.  That's the hard part.

Hi.

I am trying to convert ProType's fantastic Rocco dress to CBBE HDT bodyslide, minus all the extra bits. (I just want the dress, I have lots of bits to wear with it) I found a 7-base version (labelled CBBE ... so ... nm) and got going.

I opened the dress I wanted in nifskope and removed all the bits I didn't want. Then opened the esp in tes5edit and removed the stuff I didn't want there. Made sure the body slots matched .. all good.

Followed guide 1 here, replaced the body, made it fit, all going well, got all the way down to weighting for HDT and this is where I have run into a problem. Here is a pic

dress_zpsz2gzmufa.png

as you can see there are chunks of the hem missing. I am guessing that I haven't got all the verticies?

I haven't been at it for all that long, and mb I will figure it out, but mb, someone will see this and go ahhhhh, I know exactly what has happened there, you need to ....

and save me a few hours? please?

Question

What is the proper process to convert CBBE bodyslide to UUNP bodyslide?

I used to do it all the time with Outfit Studio, but I haven't done it in a while and I'm not doing something right because it's not turning out the correct way

thanks

Hey,

Can anyone answer my question of why I get a fatal exception error with ever load up of a preview in the newest bodyslide for oldrim? Another question I have in the same realm is, Why am I not able to load an xml body file in the outfit studio (it says it can't load because of a reference error, specifically a cannot load slider set error)? I have the latest bodyslide and MO for Oldrim. 

Thanks

I have a doubt, and i'll be grateful if you guys could help me with it:

I want to convert the following dress to my Body Preset (I'm using UUNP - UNPB):

PS: The site is in Russian.

But then i try to use the Batch-Build option in BodySlide and click to Build, it gives me this error message:

yCVZfsM.png

Anyone knows why is this happening, because till now i having no clue to what is causing the error.

OBS: I'm using Mod Organizer.

Thanks in advance!!!!!!  :D

• 3 weeks later...

Ive followed this guide exactly but when I attempt to open the newly edited nif in nifskope I get the error "infinite recursive link construct detected". I have read and re read the guide. Followed every step to the T, and this error happens no matter what armor I try. Any advice? I just want to remove some clipping for a personal bodyslide preset.

Also whenever I try to delete the body the armor comes with I get a fatal exception error and the program closes. wth is happening?

Guys, maybe someone here can help me. I am trying to create a new slider for Fallout 4. I exported default cbbe body like .obj, changed it in Blender and I can't correctly import it back in outfit studio. To make my modifications in blender I used "remove doubles function" to remove unconnected faces and deleted some faces which I therefore re-created. The default .obj body mesh and my new body mesh have the same amount of vertices, edges, faces and triangles. Old mesh and new mesh have the same UV map.
So, I can import my new .obj like a new slider to Outfit studio without any error, but when I move slider it cause model explosion:

post-61580-0-84909200-1504293625_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I can't understand how to fix this or what is the reason of this explosion. Maybe that mean I broke default vertex order, but how can I fix it then? Please tell me if someone know how to do this.

Please can someone help? I have some outfits knocked up in my SE game in Bodyslide and 90% of them are fine.
Some have a bit of clipping, so I thought I would use Outfit Studio to remove the clipping.

I use MO2, therefore my main Bodyslide Output is in a created mod called "Bodyslide Output", and overwrites the other mods.
Any new Bodyslide run, the NIFs and stuff get sent to that Created Mod.  That's all fine.

Please can someone guide me through the Outfit Studio steps I need to take?
I am really, really struggling to get the hang of it. I don't want to convert armour. I just want to tidy up some clipping.

Here's what I do:
1. New project. Load the base body (CBBE TBBP) in use.
2. Load the NIFs of the clothing I want to work on.  Question: do I use the Bodyslide output meshes? Or do I use the original from the Mod?
3. Remove a body if it comes with the clothes (like UNP etc).
4. Select sliders..and.....ummm move them around so clips disappear
5. Errr....ummm. I tried following the manual on this site and just get completely stuck. Head bangs on desk.
6. Save the stuff - nothing happens in game.
   Export NIF, lose the body.

I tried doing sliders, following the steps in the manual.  Save the project - and tried putting the results where they could go, anywhere!!!
I tried just using brush tools to hide the patches and exporting the NIF - managed to lose the body so she was invisible.

I just can't get on with it. All I want to do is stop a nipple popping out, holes in the arms, boots with bits missing, and then save the files
and go back to my game to find them there. It's a concept thing: I need an 'aha' moment.

If someone please could take pity on me and give me baby steps to complete this, I'd be most grateful.

I asked on the Bodyslide page on Nexus but I can't get a reply. It seems such an easy thing to answer, too.

In hope and thanks.

Sorry the above is small - I can't paste from clipboard on these forums.  :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Azazellz has been trying to help my dumb cro-magnon ass out in this LL thread and I think at this point I must be driving them crazy. If anyone else could take a look and help me figure out what I'm doing so wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

I feel like there must be something obvious that Azazellz knows or is taking for granted that I know and I'm just missing it.

Thanks.

So i'm having trouble making a zap slider for an already converted outfit, following the Guide 8: Adding options to your BodySlide outfits (e.g. Zaps)

when i enable the zap this error occurs

Semttulo.png

I'm trying to remove the bottom hearth part :q

this outfit has a compatibility issue with BodySlide.  I made a brand new UUNP slider for it and added the zap, but CTD occurs everytime I try to apply the zap.

you don't always have to zap, you can mask part of a mesh then right-click the shape and choose delete vertices to delete all unmasked vertices, unfortunately this will also lead to CTD for this outfit

what I would do is, mask the breast pasties so they don't move > scale the lower heart down very small, move it inside the body (like where the spine would be) > proximity weight it in that position, and it's effectively hidden

I'm having issues with two of the guides.

In guide 5 I can't even start because there is no "set texture" when I right-click the mesh.

In guide 8 I'm working with a bra and panty set, and I masked the bra so that I could zap the panties. I created the zap slider exactly as instructed, but it does nothing. I saved project and loaded the outfit in bodyslide and the zap i made wasn't even there.

Edit: I tried guide 8 again while having the panties selected and it worked. IMO the guide should say this.