[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Sorry for being blunt, but this is going to be some speed answering. I was only going to answer one question. But then I started feeling guilty about all the unanswered questions I would be ignoring and ending up typing a million things. Sorry to the dude with the MO question, but I don't use it. (But the "data" folder should be the one above CalienteTools.)

I edited a CBBE outfit(Huntress shirt), but it refuses to use Femalebody_0.nif. The female body low and high weight work while nude and with other armor, but Huntress Shirt only uses the base CBBE curvy.

I've tried using Batch Build, which takes my high weight model and blends it with the base CBBE curvy model.

I've tried deleting the base body in the Huntress Shirt.nif and replacing it with Femalebody_0's model, but this just crashes the game upon equip.

I don't know what else to do.

If your BodySlide project of the outfit already correctly builds low and high weight, then you need to boot up the Creation Kit and re-select the _1.nif for the armor addon. This enables weight for the .esp plugin.

To clarify, both in the project and in game, the Huntress Armor uses the base CBBE Curvy body for the low weight, and my custom high weight for the high weight. I cannot get it to use my custom low weight. 

I'm not sure what you mean by re-select _1.nif. I have the esp loaded into Creative Kit, but I have no idea where I would select something like that. 

He means in the creation kit. You need to open the ArmorAddons entry for the piece (The typical naming convention for the CK would be something like HuntressArmorAA.), go to the female section (on the bottom) and select the _1 version of the nif in the designated folder. Even if it looks correct, you should reselect it.

I have Bodyslide and outfit studio but no amount of tutorials make me comfortable with doing anything with it. is there a mod that will give my NPC a pregnant belly where i don't have to mess with either?

Depending on how the "pregnancy" is implemented in the mod, it may be possible that all you need to do is add a Belly bone to the outfit and weight it appropriately. But if it needs a morph for instructions, there's no way around making one.

I'm trying to convert a UNP dress for use with Bodyslide on CBBE sliders, and I swear that the original NIF is asymmetric because I cannot get it to fit nicely. One side of the boobs mesh ends up with a weird seam in the middle, but the other fits fine. I can't get them to fit nicely no matter what - though, it's worse if I don't let Bodyslide mirror changes on the X axis.

Could I use Nifskope or something to mirror the 'good' side of the mesh and fit it back together?

EDIT: I'm also getting a warning that at least one vertex has no weighting assigned to it. What should I do with that?

You might try other brushes like the "Smooth" or maybe move it around manually. To answer your question, most 3d editors (3DS Max, Blender, etc.) do have a Symmetry modifier that can probably help. I would not recommend trying to fix it in Nifskope.

Also: It should mask everything except the unweighted vertices when you get that message. You should switch to the bones tab and paint in some kind of weight.

Reinstalled skyrim recently, and figured I'd ask if anyone knew a problem that had been bugging me last time I messed with it. Many bodyslide outfits don't have the belly slider, or have extra pieces of armor that I want removed, both of which aren't hard to add/mess with. The problem is that anytime I save the project, it doesn't override, but just adds a new name at the top of the bodyslide list. How would I make it so the program doesn't make anything new, just uses the new changes I made to the same file?

If you don't want it to save as a new project, make sure you named everything exactly the same as it was previously. This is especially true for the "Slider Set Name" and the "Slider Set Filename." Also note, you can type in folder paths on the latter, so make sure it's in the same location as well. Alternatively, you can go to your SliderSets folder and delete the duplicates.

In theory, using "Save" as opposed to "Save As" should probably do this automatically. But, honestly, I always use "Save As," for some reason. So, I can't really tell you.

I need this Body Preset. Does someone have it or does someone know who to extract it from the mod into a preset?

Unfortunately, if the preset is not provided in a downloadable format, there is no way to "extract" from built meshes.

Can't figure out how to properly send a custom slider created on Outfit Studio into Bodyslide.

Basicaly I created a slider to move the hips, waist and a bit of the rib cage vertically (upwards). It works fine on Outfit Studio, can even conform outfits and save it in a project. And the project generated on Outfit Studio can also be loaded on Bodyslide with all the default sliders plus the new one. However this new project with the new slider won't load most of the previows presets created prior to it.

I figured I could try saving the new slider on the original UUNP project file, but that causes the UUNP bodies to load no sliders at all, and if I try reediting the original UUNP project with the new slider, it gives me errors instead. (naturaly I had a backup file for that).

Edit: So... I have to manualy conform the new Slider to all of Outfit Studio projects so that it works on them?

I'm experimenting with conversions and uploaded my first attempt here. I have a few questions about minor issues I encountered that I'm just going to copypaste to this thread for visibility.

First, what exactly causes bloating of the ShapeData .osd files, and is there any way to keep their size under control? I swear they got bigger every time I tweaked the armor, the finished package is probably about 2.5x the size it needs to be thanks to those outrageously oversized .osd files.

Secondly, upon equipping the Savage Armor boots, for some reason toenails discolor ever so slightly. What might be the cause of that? Should I have exported the boots mesh from BodySlide without the reference feet?

I'm trying to convert a UNP dress for use with Bodyslide on CBBE sliders, and I swear that the original NIF is asymmetric because I cannot get it to fit nicely. One side of the boobs mesh ends up with a weird seam in the middle, but the other fits fine. I can't get them to fit nicely no matter what - though, it's worse if I don't let Bodyslide mirror changes on the X axis.

Could I use Nifskope or something to mirror the 'good' side of the mesh and fit it back together?

EDIT: I'm also getting a warning that at least one vertex has no weighting assigned to it. What should I do with that?

I had an insane amount of trouble figuring those weighting issues out.

Whenever you get that warning, always hit 'no', then go to tool>invert mask. You should see that the area(s) without weighting assigned are unmasked. Select the affected outfit mesh, go to bones, choose a bone that the affected area should reasonably morph in accordance with (generally the same bone that the nearest masked areas on that same mesh are affected by), and then use the weight brush to paint weighting onto the unmasked area. Often, you don't need to be too precise about selecting the perfect bone or painting the perfectly proportionate weight.

Tips:

1. Make sure that the only mesh you have selected is the one missing weighting before you begin weight painting. If there are two or more affected meshes, only select and correct one at a time. If you begin weight painting and accidentally paint a mesh that you weren't actually targeting, you're certain to cause yourself an immense amount of headache (I learned this the hard way).

2. If the masked/unmasked area(s) doesn't immediately stand out to you, try hiding different parts of the armor - it could be a bra concealed by a shirt, or panties under a skirt, or something else not immediately visible in an outfit with layers. Sometimes, the unweighted area might be so small as to be virtually invisible - as tiny as a single point. In this case, unfortunately I'm not sure there's a way to force BodySlide to precisely indicate where the problem spot is. You'll just have to look around at every part of the armor with extreme scrutiny, hiding and unhiding different meshes as need be.

Hello guys! I'm converting Zzjay's wardrobe to UUNP.

I managed to do everything, except for the trousers. In the .nif they have no bodies... but need to add a body to make sliders work. If I export without the body, they don't work. If I export with the Zapped body... they become invisible. What am I doing wrong? :o

( I'm using The Cbbe HDT Conversions to make it UUNP HDT )

Oddly, I seem unable to save, or update a save, of any bodyslide files that are in xml format. It only seems to save them as .osp. This doesn't seem to cause any problems, though, if I remove the xml (they are both the same size).

Intentional. .osp is the new format.

Alright, maybe I completelly missed it, but I didn't find this in the tutorial. I'm sure It's very basic and somebody can help me out:

Lets say I download these lace panties(PSLacePanty_forUNPB.7z from the downloads section) :

http://reachthepinksky.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html

And I download the unpb HTD conversion:

https://mega.nz/#!49...Ky0zd3xmVeadY8c

I add both mods to my MO.

So what do I exactly do next? The conversion doesn't show up in groups, I can't build a batch

Is it possible to use Outfit Studio to remove body bounce on a UUNP HDT armor?

Diablio / WindowPuppy is pretty awesome at all the UUNP conversions on http://wtfuun.tumblr.com/ but almost all of them are UUNP HDT with bounce, even on stiff metal armors.

Metal armors shouldn't have breast bounce so I'd like to remove the. Can that be done in Outfit Studio? Can it be done without removing bones (would it affect sliders?) and just through weight painting?

Hello Folks,

i am going to try asking for help here, it is not a Outfit Studio Request, but a bodyslide problem. Maybe...

I have done a new installation of skyrim (23-Bit Version, not the new one). Before i did, i made a backup of my Bodyslide Preset file.

After everything was installed again, incl. Bodyslide newest version i copied the file (my preset) back to its destination folder and build up my body for everything in the game.

But something is weird. While every female npc looks like intended, even in Bodyslide Armors and Clothes, my char does not. I have no deformations, no jittering, crushed breasts, butt, or whatever problems usually occurs. No...the breasts of my char are simply to big. Much bigger, as the should be. My weight slider is on 40 of 100, and even NPCs with are not as big as the player character. So i guess the preset is fine.

Any ideas, what could cause that? Skeleton Problem or HDT Problem?

I have 2 Mods installed, which can alter the size of the breasts:

--> Estrus Chaurus (but i have Breast Size increasing deactivated)

--> Cursed Loot (which can increase breast size depending on the arousal of the player character - if arousal resets to 0, breast return back to the default size)

Atm both features are deactivated by default, but the problem occurs from the beginning, even without these features.

Might by the preset defect?

Hello Folks,

i am going to try asking for help here, it is not a Outfit Studio Request, but a bodyslide problem. Maybe...

I have done a new installation of skyrim (23-Bit Version, not the new one). Before i did, i made a backup of my Bodyslide Preset file.

After everything was installed again, incl. Bodyslide newest version i copied the file (my preset) back to its destination folder and build up my body for everything in the game.

But something is weird. While every female npc looks like intended, even in Bodyslide Armors and Clothes, my char does not. I have no deformations, no jittering, crushed breasts, butt, or whatever problems usually occurs. No...the breasts of my char are simply to big. Much bigger, as the should be. My weight slider is on 40 of 100, and even NPCs with are not as big as the player character. So i guess the preset is fine.

Any ideas, what could cause that? Skeleton Problem or HDT Problem?

I have 2 Mods installed, which can alter the size of the breasts:

--> Estrus Chaurus (but i have Breast Size increasing deactivated)

--> Cursed Loot (which can increase breast size depending on the arousal of the player character - if arousal resets to 0, breast return back to the default size)

Atm both features are deactivated by default, but the problem occurs from the beginning, even without these features.

Might by the preset defect?

Are you comparing nude NPCs to nude PC?

No, i mean not exactly. The bodyslide preset i am using replaces the female body file. This means, every female npc and also the player character uses this preset created with Bodyslide. I am not talking about faces (head mesh) or hands or feet or textures, etc.

The preset seems to work as intended. Every npc looks fine. Only the player character does not, and here, the only part which looks kinda weird are the breasts. They are bigger as they should be. Even bigger then the preset defined the size with weight slider at 100. Just like something (for example a mod) alters the size of the breasts and only affects the breasts of the player character. For example Estrus Chaurus or Cursed Loot, etc.

Are there explanations anywhere of what the various functions do?

The tutorial simply says "do this, do that" but doesn't explain what they do (ditto on many of the video tutorials I've seen), so I don't really learn how OS works. I still don't get what "Set Baseshape" and "Conform" actually do.

I'd like to use OS just to make some corrections from UNP to UNP Pushup (to get rid of the nipple in the armor), but I can't even figure out how to do this as I don't get OS's behavior outside of the tools. If I loadup the armor and then load up UUNP as reference and set the slider for the reference body to UNP High, it will completely match the body mesh of the armor. I was thinking from there, I could "lock" the armor and reference together since the shapes matched, but I'm not sure how to do so. Conform makes the body reference go back to the default shape. What am I supposed to do?

If there was an explanation somewhere of what the functions do, that would be really helpful as I might be able to better figure out how to get OS to do what I want.

I'm similarly confused on how you would use OS to reflect edits to the _1 mesh by converting it to the _0 version through the sliders, since I can't lock the reference and armor mesh.

Currently I'm trying to simply convert Daz Swimsuit Pack to Sevenbase using Outfit Studio, but once I'm done with the clipping fixes and want to export the .nif the program pops out an error "Fatal exception has occurred, the program will terminate." and crashes. Doesn't matter which outfit do I choose or what bodytype do I load in. Seems to be faulty in general. Is there any way around rather than fix it manually with Blender/3dsmax?

So i was able to fix my problem told a previous posts above. It was quite simple. :)

The jslot save file for Racemenu seems to be created through myself while the effect of increasing the size of the breast through the mod Cursed Loot was active. (i think i´ve made a small changes at the character and saved it overwriting the RaceMenu Save File including the "actual size" of the breasts.

So whenever this preset is loaded, i got the "increased" breast size until Cursed Loot did another change depending on the values configurated.

That means, i just had to wait until the mod kicks in and a change happened. That results in changing the size back to normal as intended through the bodyslide preset.

So thanks for your ideas. :)

Currently I'm trying to simply convert Daz Swimsuit Pack to Sevenbase using Outfit Studio, but once I'm done with the clipping fixes and want to export the .nif the program pops out an error "Fatal exception has occurred, the program will terminate." and crashes. Doesn't matter which outfit do I choose or what bodytype do I load in. Seems to be faulty in general. Is there any way around rather than fix it manually with Blender/3dsmax?

dont know why you're crashing.. but you can use my UUNP sliders to build that pack for 7B

Alright, maybe I completelly missed it, but I didn't find this in the tutorial. I'm sure It's very basic and somebody can help me out:

Lets say I download these lace panties(PSLacePanty_forUNPB.7z from the downloads section) :

http://reachthepinksky.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-66.html

And I download the unpb HTD conversion:

https://mega.nz/#!49...Ky0zd3xmVeadY8c

I add both mods to my MO.

So what do I exactly do next? The conversion doesn't show up in groups, I can't build a batch

Hi, same problem, can no-one answer this question? I've downloaded armor sets, they work fine in the game and I can open the .nif files in outfitstudio, but I can't find anywhere a tutorial that tells me how to select them in bodyslide using the outfitfilter/groups manager menu. What am I missing?! I can't find a tutorial that covers the very basic and obvious stuff, they all seem to take this bit for granted as if it just does it by itself!

Thanks

Would it be possible to have a link to some of the more useful posts in this thread put onto the first post, for ease of access? There's been a ton of guides and info here, but scattered over just about 100 pages, it's incredibly hard to hunt down a lot of it.

On that topic... two small questions.

One, how does one tell outfit studio that part of an outfit is metal and unbending/bouncing?

And two, if trying to open an outfit to convert, or an old old bodyslide conversion, immediately crashes outfit studio, is there any way around that? 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there somewhere or some way to download an older version of bodyslide, one that still works with 32bit operating systems....

Hi

I never thought about it, but it comes with two executable files. One for 64 and the other for 32.