[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I'm trying to convert an outfit (boots, specifically) from two simple meshes (low and high weight) to work with Bodyslide.

I just ended up with two new meshes that's tailored perfectly for my personal body preset. However, I want it to work with all slider variations (Legs, CalfSmoth, SlimThighs, etc) of a specific body (CBBE HDT namely).

How do I create a CT77-style outfit generator? What I mean is there would be a single mesh file in ShapeData along with some .bsd files, you use Bodyslide2, alter the many sliders, and generate the high and low.

I know how to properly format the SliderSets.xml file, so that's not an issue.

What I don't know is how to create the single .nif file and the .bsd files in ShapeData. Should that .nif file be the same as the high weight version of the original outfit? How and with what do I create .bsd files?

I read the entire tutorial in the OP but I haven't found anything that talks about this.

Please help, thank :)

You shape it to the 100 weight. On the "Save as" select the high/low weight export (it should be selected by default) and it will create both when you click build.

Regarding the CT77-work-with-all-sliders thing, what you're describing is a standard bodyslide conversion. You should follow the tutorial for more information, but you load your reference, load your outfit, and apply your sliders to the outfit. At which point, when you save your project it will create your .BSD (aka Slider Information) automatically. You'll still have to go through the relevant sliders and remove clipping.

I'm trying to convert an outfit (boots, specifically) from two simple meshes (low and high weight) to work with Bodyslide.

I just ended up with two new meshes that's tailored perfectly for my personal body preset. However, I want it to work with all slider variations (Legs, CalfSmoth, SlimThighs, etc) of a specific body (CBBE HDT namely).

How do I create a CT77-style outfit generator? What I mean is there would be a single mesh file in ShapeData along with some .bsd files, you use Bodyslide2, alter the many sliders, and generate the high and low.

I know how to properly format the SliderSets.xml file, so that's not an issue.

What I don't know is how to create the single .nif file and the .bsd files in ShapeData. Should that .nif file be the same as the high weight version of the original outfit? How and with what do I create .bsd files?

I read the entire tutorial in the OP but I haven't found anything that talks about this.

Please help, thank :)

You shape it to the 100 weight. On the "Save as" select the high/low weight export (it should be selected by default) and it will create both when you click build.

Regarding the CT77-work-with-all-sliders thing, what you're describing is a standard bodyslide conversion. You should follow the tutorial for more information, but you load your reference, load your outfit, and apply your sliders to the outfit. At which point, when you save your project it will create your .BSD (aka Slider Information) automatically. You'll still have to go through the relevant sliders and remove clipping.

Ahh okay. All I've been doing is exporting .nifs. I haven't saved a project in my life. Thank you.

Hello i have a little problem, i try to load a outfit in OS, the body(incluided in the nif) and the Body reference loads perfectly, but the clothing load too small, can someone help me?

Disable "File -> Apply Overall Skin Transforms" before loading the outfit.

These bikini meshes are from Nikitaa's mod and Blender gave them very weird transforms (scales of 0.01 and 100 etc.).

Hello,

The second method to fix clipping I read in the FAQ is to zap the body parts underneath. However, since my conversions are boots (thigh/knee high), they are saved without a reference body, so I can't actually zap what's not there, can I? It would really help me if I could somehow zap out the leg underneath the boots.

Also, when I tried to copy weights, the clipping got way worse.

Would someone mind taking a look at this and telling me what I screwed up?

I fit the jacket on an HDT body, bones copied, exported with the body. When I equip, CTD.

When I imported, the jacket mesh would always come in about 5-10% smaller, whether or not I have apply overall skin transform ticked.

Curious also, do I have to select a specific mesh when I do 'copy selected weights' or does it always go from 'Ref - > outfit' regardless of what's selected?

Edit: NM. Figured something out anyway.

Body_1.nif

I need help, i have no idea how to fix

So Im using a CBBE body + cbbe armor and want to exchange one of them with an unp armor.

In Outfitstudio the armor fits good but I have problems with animation (idle+running). the body jumps out of the armor (picture 1+2)

And when I want to save the projekt in outfitstudio I get an error: (picture 3)

I already tryed "copy bone wight" but it doesnt help. I'm not sure what whight brush means. I'm not sure f I'm doing it right eather :/

In a tutorial I found this: "2. Create a zap slider and mask the belly area, invert the mask and click "Slider -> New Zap". This will 'hide' the belly underneath the armor so you will not see clipping issues."

But I dont understand what to do exectly .....

Any solutions ?

post-60079-0-08497900-1462122383_thumb.jpg

post-60079-0-91311000-1462122417_thumb.jpg

post-60079-0-87953500-1462122542_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Trying to make a bodyslide conversion of unpb Aradia naughty lingerie by gutris1/aradia  but I CTD if I equip the armor.  Thought I might have screwed up the bodyslide conversion so I just converted it to cbbe but I still CTD. Googled and found that it might be a skeleton problem but I checked that as well. Tried following the advice on this thread https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/525815-remeshed-armor-crashing-skyrim-whenever-i-try-and-equip/ but it didn't help/might have done it incorrectly. Also found a post that said it could be a problem with weight painting but I'm not sure how to check that or fix it.

Any help is appreciated and I've included the nif file (converted to cbbe) if anyone wants to take a look.

Body1_1.nif

So Im using a CBBE body + cbbe armor and want to exchange one of them with an unp armor.

In Outfitstudio the armor fits good but I have problems with animation (idle+running). the body jumps out of the armor (picture 1+2)

I already tryed "copy bone wight" but it doesnt help. I'm not sure what whight brush means. I'm not sure f I'm doing it right eather :/

In a tutorial I found this: "2. Create a zap slider and mask the belly area, invert the mask and click "Slider -> New Zap". This will 'hide' the belly underneath the armor so you will not see clipping issues."

Any solutions ?

It's the bone weights that's causing the problem. You can either try to correct them manually via outfit studio or I'd personally recommend running it through mesh rigger.

A zap slider could potentially solve the problem as well. To create one, you use the masking brush and mask all parts of the BaseShape that you don't want to disappear. (Make sure you have your reference selected when you mask. It will darken as it's being selected.) Depending on your needs, it may be easier to mask the parts you do want to disappear and Tool > invert mask.

When you're done masking, you'll want to Slider > New Zap Slider. Turn it on and off, and the parts that are going to disappear should move forward a little when you activate the slider. If it looks good, active the slider and do Slider > Properties. Set the Low and High values both to 100 and check 'Hidden.'

Also, it looks like your in-game weight slider isn't working.

Hi all,

Trying to make a bodyslide conversion of unpb Aradia naughty lingerie by gutris1/aradia  but I CTD if I equip the armor.  Thought I might have screwed up the bodyslide conversion so I just converted it to cbbe but I still CTD. Googled and found that it might be a skeleton problem but I checked that as well. Tried following the advice on this thread https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/525815-remeshed-armor-crashing-skyrim-whenever-i-try-and-equip/ but it didn't help/might have done it incorrectly. Also found a post that said it could be a problem with weight painting but I'm not sure how to check that or fix it.

Any help is appreciated and I've included the nif file (converted to cbbe) if anyone wants to take a look.

Hi tauxins. You have an extra set of buckles well above your body/outfit. I'd guess that's what threw you off. Outfit studio doesn't know how to weight objects that are so far away from your reference. I'm only guessing, as your Nif was a mess and wouldn't import as it was. Try this one.

Body1_1.nif

Any solutions ?

It's the bone weights that's causing the problem. You can either try to correct them manually via outfit studio or I'd personally recommend running it through mesh rigger.

A zap slider could potentially solve the problem as well. To create one, you use the masking brush and mask all parts of the BaseShape that you don't want to disappear. (Make sure you have your reference selected when you mask. It will darken as it's being selected.) Depending on your needs, it may be easier to mask the parts you do want to disappear and Tool > invert mask.

When you're done masking, you'll want to Slider > New Zap Slider. Turn it on and off, and the parts that are going to disappear should move forward a little when you activate the slider. If it looks good, active the slider and do Slider > Properties. Set the Low and High values both to 100 and check 'Hidden.'

Hi all,

Hi tauxins. You have an extra set of buckles well above your body/outfit. I'd guess that's what threw you off. Outfit studio doesn't know how to weight objects that are so far away from your reference. I'm only guessing, as your Nif was a mess and wouldn't import as it was. Try this one.

Thanks Levionte. I can really see how bad my nif was when I compare it to the one that you have attached.  I have another Nif that also causes CTD and looking at the Nif that you cleaned up, it looks like you rearranged the branches in a certain order so I'm guessing that reorganizing the nodes and stuff for the other Nif in a similar fashion to yours should stop the CTDs?

Question for the experts.

Let us assume a tie was inserted in between the chest. Now when you use extreme sliders, such as manga or even cleavage, the tie gets crushed in between the boobs. But what I want is the tie to come forward and upwards as the boobs go bigger. How do I do this?

I guess this question is also valid for closed chest outfits where huge boob sliders cause the cloth from one chest to get "glitched" into the other where I would expect the whole thing to grow uniformly.

Any solutions ?

Hi all,

Thanks Levionte. I can really see how bad my nif was when I compare it to the one that you have attached.  I have another Nif that also causes CTD and looking at the Nif that you cleaned up, it looks like you rearranged the branches in a certain order so I'm guessing that reorganizing the nodes and stuff for the other Nif in a similar fashion to yours should stop the CTDs?

You had some really goofy hand bones that didn't know they were bones. All I did was delete the duplicate buckles and redo the bone weighting. If the objects ended up in a different order (probably backwards), that was an unintentional side effect.

Shouldn't make much of a difference unless you're using texture replacers in the ESP; as they need to be in the correct order to operate properly. (That includes skin texture replacers). In which case, you can reorder them easy enough in Nifskope, or just redo the texture replacer in the CK.

Let us assume a tie was inserted in between the chest. Now when you use extreme sliders, such as manga or even cleavage, the tie gets crushed in between the boobs. But what I want is the tie to come forward and upwards as the boobs go bigger. How do I do this?

I guess this question is also valid for closed chest outfits where huge boob sliders cause the cloth from one chest to get "glitched" into the other where I would expect the whole thing to grow uniformly.

Either uncheck those sliders before you apply them to the tie, or activate them and erase the slider data. Then, with the slider turned on, make your changes manually.

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to outfit studio and I only want to change the meshes of some simple clothes so it doesn't clip with the body I use.

The thing is as a body I actually use an item, its called CBBE Body Slim and its from the mod Summer Wear. I can wear most things over it, such as knee socks and pants, so it is the body I use. Although when I try to wear items such as Osare Kneesocks and Osare Panties there is a lot of clipping and it looks bad.

So I load the cbbe_body_slim1.nif from Summer Wear as a reference, and the body is right I'm pretty sure as it looks the same. I then import for example Panty1.nif over it,

and it looks like this: http://imgur.com/xUl33HN. The thing is thats not what it looks like in-game. It's like the preview isn't matching whats in game, even though i'm wearing CBBE Body Slim and my weight is 100.

I tried what I thought was right and moved the object nif so it fit around the body, like so: http://imgur.com/c292kls

Then I exported the object as a nif and overwrote Panty1.nif, I also tried restoring a back up and tried exporting object + reference. Both yield the same failed results which is this:

http://imgur.com/3lPKR9x

So even though in Bodyslide it looks like it should be fine, in game it isn't matching. Theoretically I could get it right after 10 or so tries just with trial and error, but obviously restarting and messing with outfit studio to fix one armor is very annoying.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a feature which can help me? Is this happening because I am using an item as my body reference? I really like using the body item on my character and don't want to change.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to outfit studio and I only want to change the meshes of some simple clothes so it doesn't clip with the body I use.

The thing is as a body I actually use an item, its called CBBE Body Slim and its from the mod Summer Wear. I can wear most things over it, such as knee socks and pants, so it is the body I use. Although when I try to wear items such as Osare Kneesocks and Osare Panties there is a lot of clipping and it looks bad.

So I load the cbbe_body_slim1.nif from Summer Wear as a reference, and the body is right I'm pretty sure as it looks the same. I then import for example Panty1.nif over it,

and it looks like this: http://imgur.com/xUl33HN. The thing is thats not what it looks like in-game. It's like the preview isn't matching whats in game, even though i'm wearing CBBE Body Slim and my weight is 100.

I tried what I thought was right and moved the object nif so it fit around the body, like so: http://imgur.com/c292kls

Then I exported the object as a nif and overwrote Panty1.nif, I also tried restoring a back up and tried exporting object + reference. Both yield the same failed results which is this:

http://imgur.com/3lPKR9x

So even though in Bodyslide it looks like it should be fine, in game it isn't matching. Theoretically I could get it right after 10 or so tries just with trial and error, but obviously restarting and messing with outfit studio to fix one armor is very annoying.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a feature which can help me? Is this happening because I am using an item as my body reference? I really like using the body item on my character and don't want to change.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Unknown3,

I'm taking a shot in the dark, but I would bet the reference that you're loading from the body/item/thing NIF is in the incorrect place.

When you load the reference, select it and do Shape > Move and click CBBE > Vanilla (old). It will set your Y and Z coordinates and click OK. Then fit your panty mesh to that (you can move it the same way).

The reason it looks okay in BS is because the object matched the reference body. But the game doesn't load the reference body on pieces that aren't the main armor piece. So it didn't load the incorrectly placed body, just the incorrectly place outfit piece.

I've got a similar question so I'm quoting.

Trying to make a bodyslide conversion from an outfit with no sliders, some outfits may have multiple parts, and some of them may be "solid" items (holsters, canteens, knives etc), how do you tell outfit studio to just "move" the whole part, under the action of the surrounding sliders, with no item stretching or morphing?

Trying to make a bodyslide conversion from an outfit with no sliders, some outfits may have multiple parts, and some of them may be "solid" items (holsters, canteens, knives etc), how do you tell outfit studio to just "move" the whole part, under the action of the surrounding sliders, with no item stretching or morphing?

Similar answer. When you first start a project, you can "Conform All" as in conform all of your objects to be subject to all the morphing. Or you can "Conform Selected" as in it will conform only the selected object to the sliders. Select your pants, and then "Conform Selected" and it will only bodyslide the pants. Before you conform, you can also uncheck any sliders and it won't create an entry for them, meaning they won't move at all when the slider is activated.

You can then create a slider manually by turning it on and changing, conforming, or moving the object however you want it to. I'd probably recommend doing Shape > Move to align things to where they should be without distorting the object.

If you're asking if there's a way to have your holsters move without any distortions automatically when you conform to sliders, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. 3DS Max, or any 3d modelling program for that matter, doesn't see holsters, canteens, and knives. It just sees vertices (little dots that combine to create the object) that need to be moved around. It really doesn't take long to move it manually, though.

Another way, is to mask the pieces you don't want to move around. This would be more useful if the holster was part of your pants and not a separate object. You could mask the holster, then conform to sliders and it would move your pants around like normal, but the holster wouldn't move. Then you could invert the mask and Shape > Move things to where they need to be.

Similar answer. When you first start a project, you can "Conform All" as in conform all of your objects to be subject to all the morphing. Or you can "Conform Selected" as in it will conform only the selected object to the sliders. Select your pants, and then "Conform Selected" and it will only bodyslide the pants. Before you conform, you can also uncheck any sliders and it won't create an entry for them, meaning they won't move at all when the slider is activated.

You can then create a slider manually by turning it on and changing, conforming, or moving the object however you want it to. I'd probably recommend doing Shape > Move to align things to where they should be without distorting the object.

If you're asking if there's a way to have your holsters move without any distortions automatically when you conform to sliders, I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. 3DS Max, or any 3d modelling program for that matter, doesn't see holsters, canteens, and knives. It just sees vertices (little dots that combine to create the object) that need to be moved around. It really doesn't take long to move it manually, though.

Another way, is to mask the pieces you don't want to move around. This would be more useful if the holster was part of your pants and not a separate object. You could mask the holster, then conform to sliders and it would move your pants around like normal, but the holster wouldn't move. Then you could invert the mask and Shape > Move things to where they need to be.

Thanks for your kind answer, while I'm quite theoretically aware of what 3d meshes, textures and vertices are, I lack the experience to work with proper 3d modelling softwares, but since outfit studio is quite powerful, my first guess was my ignorance and not a lack of feature in the program.

Anyway, if I may use your kindness a bit more, when I get the infamous "at least one vertex is not weighted" message how can I fix things up? How can I find out what are the unweighted (automatically masked) parts? How can I even find out what part of the outfit is the one giving that message (given they are separated)? My current workaround is to delete 1 piece per try until I don't get the warning...

Thanks for your kind answer, while I'm quite theoretically aware of what 3d meshes, textures and vertices are, I lack the experience to work with proper 3d modelling softwares, but since outfit studio is quite powerful, my first guess was my ignorance and not a lack of feature in the program.

Anyway, if I may use your kindness a bit more, when I get the infamous "at least one vertex is not weighted" message how can I fix things up? How can I find out what are the unweighted (automatically masked) parts? How can I even find out what part of the outfit is the one giving that message (given they are separated)? My current workaround is to delete 1 piece per try until I don't get the warning...

The mask shows up as a black color on the shapes. You might be able to see it better if you turn off textures with the T key.

There's also the "Shape -> Mask Weighted" and "Tool -> Invert Mask" menu items.

The mask shows up as a black color on the shapes. You might be able to see it better if you turn off textures with the T key.

There's also the "Shape -> Mask Weighted" and "Tool -> Invert Mask" menu items.

Thanks, I've managed to find the masked parts, now how I make the rebel parts to comply with the surrounding weights?

Hi, I tried to convert the Triss outfit to UUNP but I have a little problem with the boots.

My english is not very nice and I don't understand how add the extra body slider to my boots ( like this ) because I use UUNP special feet as reference, so actually my boots don't follow my legs.

I must create a new slider ? or how can I import these body sliders ?

Someone can help me to understand how make this please ?

Thank you very much. :)

NB: Another thing, on the screenshot the boots are no reference, how can I remove the reference ?

Not a request, just sounding out possibilities... how difficult would it be to convert clothes from, say, UNP/CBBE to SAM?

One of my beautiful boys needs lingerie, you see, and I'd rather ask the opinions of the experienced before concussing myself headdesking over something infeasible. ;)

Hi, I tried to convert the Triss outfit to UUNP but I have a little problem with the boots.

My english is not very nice and I don't understand how add the extra body slider to my boots ( like this ) because I use UUNP special feet as reference, so actually my boots don't follow my legs.

I must create a new slider ? or how can I import these body sliders ?

Someone can help me to understand how make this please ?

Thank you very much. :)

NB: Another thing, on the screenshot the boots are no reference, how can I remove the reference ?

You load your boots with the body mesh first, and you conform to the relevant sliders. Then you load a new reference. When you select the feet, on the same window check "Merge new sliders with existing sliders" at the bottom. Then conform to the foot sliders.

On the "Save As" window, you uncheck the "Copy reference shape into output" to have it not include the reference when you build the outfit.

Not a request, just sounding out possibilities... how difficult would it be to convert clothes from, say, UNP/CBBE to SAM?

One of my beautiful boys needs lingerie, you see, and I'd rather ask the opinions of the experienced before concussing myself headdesking over something infeasible. ;)

I mean, it can be done. It won't be easy to get it to look good, given how drastically different the body shapes are.

People convert male outfits to (usually skimpy) female versions all the time. But they typically use a 3DS Max or Blender type of program. The point of Outfit Studio was to be user friendly enough that almost anybody could use it. But that means it's not as powerful as the real thing, and some of the advanced features really come in handy on a project like that.

You could certainly try it, though. If your lingerie doesn't have sleeves or legs, that would make it a whole lot easier.