[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Some conversions I've downloaded (like Frost Queen Attire in here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/29072-hdt-bodyslide-armor-conversions-by-trykz/) have a different sliders than the most conversions, so how do I use this type of conversions?

Bump!

Probably they are made with the (no longer supported) "HDT Body" by blabba, then you have to install that body - or possibly it might work to make some edits to your BS2 config files.

Unlike most older CB++ or CT77 conversions, those are not compatible with BS2. All the extra sliders don't even exist in BS2, and some of the existing ones work very different (like the "Belly" slider).

Maybe it's the wrong thread but I'd like another feature, can you please display somewhere, even tiny the filename being edited at the time in OS? Such as "cloak_blue_1.nif" in the header or something? There's many times I'm editing multiple versions of essentially the same things, with naming conventions that are easily forgettable, having that displayed would save me hours of "oops" issues :)

Maybe it's the wrong thread but I'd like another feature, can you please display somewhere, even tiny the filename being edited at the time in OS? Such as "cloak_blue_1.nif" in the header or something? There's many times I'm editing multiple versions of essentially the same things, with naming conventions that are easily forgettable, having that displayed would save me hours of "oops" issues :)

That would kind of be weird, though, as you can merge multiple NIFs or import shapes with OS, so it wouldn't really be a specific file anymore.

Probably they are made with the (no longer supported) "HDT Body" by blabba, then you have to install that body - or possibly it might work to make some edits to your BS2 config files.

Unlike most older CB++ or CT77 conversions, those are not compatible with BS2. All the extra sliders don't even exist in BS2, and some of the existing ones work very different (like the "Belly" slider).

I see, so it mean the outfit need to be converted again by using BS2 right?

Maybe one more feature??? Pretty please? How about a couple buttons, one editable the other not, or perhaps an on/off feature for the brush sizes. Here's my tale, I find I change the size of the brush between 2 sizes a HUGE amount of times, one an edited smaller brush and then back to the default size. I know it's a minor whine but opening the menu and clicking and sliding becomes super tedious when you do it a thousand times :) One button we could set the attributes for click on or off would be cool.

Not sure how hard that is, or if it's even feasible. If it's a super PITA then please ignore me :)

Maybe one more feature??? Pretty please? How about a couple buttons, one editable the other not, or perhaps an on/off feature for the brush sizes. Here's my tale, I find I change the size of the brush between 2 sizes a HUGE amount of times, one an edited smaller brush and then back to the default size. I know it's a minor whine but opening the menu and clicking and sliding becomes super tedious when you do it a thousand times :) One button we could set the attributes for click on or off would be cool.

Not sure how hard that is, or if it's even feasible. If it's a super PITA then please ignore me :)

Hold the S-Key and scroll the mouse wheel to change the brush size more quickly.

What about these empty spaces that have shown up? How do I fix those in the outfit?

attachicon.gifBodySlide 2015-06-17 18-23-40-33.png

attachicon.gifBodySlide 2015-06-17 18-23-49-96.png

High weight looks so terrible. How am I supposed to fix this?

Anyone help me?

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, the meshes aren't even close, perhaps you're missing a step, or not clicking conform all or set base shape in between each step. As far as the gaps go, reduce the size of the move brush to very small and drag the corners to close them up.

What about these empty spaces that have shown up? How do I fix those in the outfit?

attachicon.gifBodySlide 2015-06-17 18-23-40-33.png

attachicon.gifBodySlide 2015-06-17 18-23-49-96.png

High weight looks so terrible. How am I supposed to fix this?

Anyone help me?

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, the meshes aren't even close, perhaps you're missing a step, or not clicking conform all or set base shape in between each step. As far as the gaps go, reduce the size of the move brush to very small and drag the corners to close them up.

I will try doing that. Will release it soon, please review. :)

But it's my first release, the conversion will probably be really terrible.

I like the body meshes which I have installed, but NPCs look a little silly unless I lower their weight (with the setnpcweight console command).

I'd like to, if it's possible, alter my installed body meshes so that the default appearance of NPCs more closely resembles what they look like now when set to a low weight.

Which tutorial might offer instructions on how to do this with bodyslide?

I like the body meshes which I have installed, but NPCs look a little silly unless I lower their weight (with the setnpcweight console command).

I'd like to, if it's possible, alter my installed body meshes so that the default appearance of NPCs more closely resembles what they look like now when set to a low weight.

Which tutorial might offer instructions on how to do this with bodyslide?

Just adjust the sliders under the 'High Weight' column to your liking. And be sure to save your preset when you're done so you can apply it to all your outfits.

Is it normal that breasts are deforming a bit when you use BreastDoubleMelon and BreastCleavage effect?

Pic below.

R4gcDqL.png

Its mostly visible when you set up both sliders at 100%.

Yes, the cleavage slider is mostly for clothing. The clothes push that part of the breasts up-/inside.

The word itself already implies that it makes no sense on nude. :)

Is it normal that breasts are deforming a bit when you use BreastDoubleMelon and BreastCleavage effect?

Pic below.

R4gcDqL.png

Its mostly visible when you set up both sliders at 100%.

Yes, the cleavage slider is mostly for clothing. The clothes push that part of the breasts up-/inside.

The word itself already implies that it makes no sense on nude. :)

Ah. That makes sense now. Thanks.

I have been looking for a way to make breasts to be closer to each other, just a bit.

I guess I will have to mess a bit with a NippleDistance / BreastWidth.

Looking for some help please !

I used this guide to try to convert a an outfit that was BS ready GUIDE 3: Convert/Edit any outfit mesh (any body type):

When I try to use the outfit in game I CTD ??

I was using the nif's generated from BS for the UUNP TopModel body and the outfits original body was CBBE (Midnight Breed)

I am mistaken in thinking this will work for UNP is Outfit Studio a CBBE tool only ??

Anyone know what makes the Emfy Cleric robes underwear crash outfit studio when opening?

They use NiTriStrips. But that's mostly fixed now in v2.6.

I used this guide to try to convert a an outfit that was BS ready GUIDE 3: Convert/Edit any outfit mesh (any body type):

I was using the nif's generated from BS for the UUNP TopModel body and the outfits original body was CBBE (Midnight Breed)

I am mistaken in thinking this will work for UNP is Outfit Studio a CBBE tool only ??

OS can be used with any body or outfit. Maybe you created a BBP/TBBP/HDT conversion but don't have a compatible skeleton installed?

Anyone know what makes the Emfy Cleric robes underwear crash outfit studio when opening?

OS can be used with any body or outfit. Maybe you created a BBP/TBBP/HDT conversion but don't have a compatible skeleton installed?

Yes, updated and it works nicely now :)

OK I understand why you would ask that and the answer is I am using the XPMSE skeleton. I have been using HDT and TBBP for over a year with no issues. When I selected the the bone weights I only selected the ones listed which were R/L arms and R/L butt then followed the instruction for copying. When complete I had a nif with transfered weights from the UUNP and a body changed from CBBE to UUNP. I just feel quite silly for not getting this apparently easy tool when I have been working with some fairly complicated mods in the past.

OK I understand why you would ask that and the answer is I am using the XPMSE skeleton. I have been using HDT and TBBP for over a year with no issues. When I selected the the bone weights I only selected the ones listed which were R/L arms and R/L butt then followed the instruction for copying. When complete I had a nif with transfered weights from the UUNP and a body changed from CBBE to UUNP. I just feel quite silly for not getting this apparently easy tool when I have been working with some fairly complicated mods in the past.

You can always send me the resulting NIF files, or try the new version of OS.