[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

The "Unweighted Vertices" warning masks the parts that are missing the weights. Sometimes it's hard to see, though. If you invert the mask, you can use the weight brush on what's now unmasked to add the missing weights to for a near bone.

Any tipps how to find the unweighted vertices? Seeing a difference between masked and unmasked on a textured mesh is not really easy. It is like 5% brightness difference when i toggle it on/off, but even then i can't say which areas might be masked and which not.

And if the outfit has more then 1 mesh, i don't even know where to look.

Then assuming i would find the vertice(s), how do i figure out which bone weightings have to go there?

The "Unweighted Vertices" warning masks the parts that are missing the weights. Sometimes it's hard to see, though. If you invert the mask, you can use the weight brush on what's now unmasked to add the missing weights to for a near bone.

Any tipps how to find the unweighted vertices? Seeing a difference between masked and unmasked on a textured mesh is not really easy. It is like 5% brightness difference when i toggle it on/off, but even then i can't say which areas might be masked and which not.

Then assuming i would find the vertice(s), how do i figure out which bone weightings have to go there?

You can toggle the textures with the T key, unless that's what you meant.

If you find a black spot, you can use the "select tool" or whatever you want to call it beneath the inflate brush and click the mesh with it.

OS will then select the shape you just clicked.

For finding out which bone to paint weights for, simply go through the bones list and check which bone affects the surrounding area of the unweighted parts.

There's really no definite answer to this, you just have to look and try as it's 100% different for each body and armor. Or well, you can try if Mesh Rigger does it better.

disabling the textures makes it much easier for weight painting all the way around.

Just ran the Lustrianna Daedric through Mesh Rigger, but same warning about unweighted vertices in OS. The mesh however does open fine in NifSkope.

Now i used the texture toggle to find the unweighted parts myself, but in some areas like the shoulder spikes i can't say which bones should actually be painted there - Clavicle, UpperArm and UpperArmTwist1 are painted all over it:

XWlJ9L2.gif

Maybe i need to change settings in Mesh Rigger, like Search Distance?

I would just skip this armor and use any other daedric replacer, but these spikes are probably the same on all daedric armors.

Just ran the Lustrianna Daedric through Mesh Rigger, but same warning about unweighted vertices in OS. The mesh however does open fine in NifSkope.

Now i used the texture toggle to find the unweighted parts myself, but in some areas like the shoulder spikes i can't say which bones should actually be painted there - Clavicle, UpperArm and UpperArmTwist1 are painted all over it:

XWlJ9L2.gif

Maybe i need to change settings in Mesh Rigger, like Search Distance?

I would just skip this armor and use any other daedric replacer, but these spikes are probably the same on all daedric armors.

I would paint weights for all 3 of those bones there. Green for the clavicle, blue for upper arm and green for upper arm twist. You have a maximum of 4 weights per vertex, these are 3. Don't forget to invert the mask.

Waah i was sure it was fine, but in game the clipping came xD

Oh well, i'm just happy that it went pretty well with this one despite it being 200 times smaller than the reference body and so on when i started this project xD

But too much clipping during poses on the arms and legs. Guess i'll try to make it less "skin tight"? Next time^^

315fl1g.jpg

I would paint weights for all 3 of those bones there. Green for the clavicle, blue for upper arm and green for upper arm twist. You have a maximum of 4 weights per vertex, these are 3. Don't forget to invert the mask.

Thanks, worked like a charm.

OjMGqGw.png

x3azSKZ.png

VIDXkld.png

Which brings us more questions:

1. The skirt is doing funky stuff:

dTAYfsW.png

Looks like the chain on the leg also needs better weights

Wc9ONMo.png

VF8LoEK.png

QUDGo89.png

xxTyNhm.png

Last pic is in walking animation

I compared the original mesh vs. the one edited by Mesh Rigger, and the skirt is just messed up - any suggestions how to fix the skirt bones properly?

2. If not too complicated, how to make only the breasts bounce but have the armor remain rigid?

Ralfetas' Sovngarde Steel CBBE TBBP conversion does have this working, again no idea if it's enough to just remove the breast weight paint from the armor.

3. What's the best way to do gloves without ruining them - load the UUNP HDT torso as reference and conform sliders without copying weights?

edit: gloves are working ATM without changing weighting

- TIA :)

BTW about work flow - since KillerKeo's mod is missing a few outfits, i'll start with getting replacements first (like LustDesign Daedric and TG Duelist). Might as well release them as standalone before batch converting the KK outfits.

Oh and if anyone knows a good retexture for Lustrianna's Daedric, let me know.

Edited by guk

Not sure if this is the proper thread for seeking help for Bodyslide so if not please point me to the right place.

I am trying to increase the bust size of UUNP HDT Dream Girl, similar to what UNPB is to UNP.  The problem is that although my adjustments look fine in Bodyslide, they never look right in game.  The breasts are always too far apart from each other, or from the center of the body to look nice.  After dozens of attempts with difference slider configurations it daunts on me that this probably due to HDT PE physics and UUNP's weight painting pulling them sideways when I increase the original's volume.   

I just want to confirm this so I can stop wasting my time fidgeting with the sliders and just stick with standard DG.  

EDIT: Before anyone ask why not just use another base shape with larger bust size at 100, Dream Girl is the only body with natural forearms where UNP/CBBE all have very thick forearms regardless of weight.

2. If not too complicated, how to make only the breasts bounce but have the armor remain rigid?

Ralfetas' Sovngarde Steel CBBE TBBP conversion does have this working, again no idea if it's enough to just remove the breast weight paint from the armor.

When copying the weights from the reference to the outfit, don't copy the breast bones to the outfit just copy them to the body.

When copying the weights from the reference to the outfit, don't copy the breast bones to the outfit just copy them to the body.

That's different for BodySlide conversions. Copy the weights, then select the armor shapes and clean the weights from it with the weight brush, but keep them in the reference body.

1. The skirt is doing funky stuff:

dTAYfsW.png

Looks like the chain on the leg also needs better weights

Wc9ONMo.png

VF8LoEK.png

QUDGo89.png

xxTyNhm.png

Last pic is in walking animation

I compared the original mesh vs. the one edited by Mesh Rigger, and the skirt is just messed up - any suggestions how to fix the skirt bones properly?

2. If not too complicated, how to make only the breasts bounce but have the armor remain rigid?

Ralfetas' Sovngarde Steel CBBE TBBP conversion does have this working, again no idea if it's enough to just remove the breast weight paint from the armor.

3. What's the best way to do gloves without ruining them - load the UUNP HDT torso as reference and conform sliders without copying weights?

edit: gloves are working ATM without changing weighting

1.) There's thigh weights from the left thigh on the right side and the right thigh on the left side. Make sure those two bones never affect the same vertices at the same time, EXCEPT for the row down the very center of the skirt.

2.) See first part of my post.

3.) If it's short gloves that only cover the hand, load the UUNP Hands as a reference, remove the original hand shape of the gloves and conform the sliders, optionally copy the weights. Fix clipping and save it as a project (with or without the reference, depending on if the gloves show the hands).

If it's long gauntlets of some sort, you will need both the sliders of the body AND the sliders of the hands on it. Same for the weighting.

In other words you will have to switch references a few times. I'd suggest loading the body first, conforming sliders and copying weights, then loading the hands and copy weights (if you conform again here, the other slider data will be gone, so you might have to brush a bit manually).

Not sure if this is the proper thread for seeking help for Bodyslide so if not please point me to the right place.

I am trying to increase the bust size of UUNP HDT Dream Girl, similar to what UNPB is to UNP.  The problem is that although my adjustments look fine in Bodyslide, they never look right in game.  The breasts are always too far apart from each other, or from the center of the body to look nice.  After dozens of attempts with difference slider configurations it daunts on me that this probably due to HDT PE physics and UUNP's weight painting pulling them sideways when I increase the original's volume.   

I just want to confirm this so I can stop wasting my time fidgeting with the sliders and just stick with standard DG.  

EDIT: Before anyone ask why not just use another base shape with larger bust size at 100, Dream Girl is the only body with natural forearms where UNP/CBBE all have very thick forearms regardless of weight.

Get another HDT XML or adjust it yourself. If the body doesn't look the way in-game it does in BodySlide, then it's a problem of skeleton, animations or HDT Physics.

Also, you can have the Dream Girl full-body slider activated and still use the e.g. "Breasts" slider at the same time, which keeps your preferred forearms look.

Get another HDT XML or adjust it yourself. If the body doesn't look the way in-game it does in BodySlide, then it's a problem of skeleton, animations or HDT Physics.

Also, you can have the Dream Girl full-body slider activated and still use the e.g. "Breasts" slider at the same time, which keeps your preferred forearms look.

Thanks, I had the feeling it's something to do with HDT PE.  DG at High Weight has the breasts further apart and some would say more naturally positioned.  There is no slider to move the base of the breasts closer to each other so the bigger breasts I created using the sliders fall to the sides even more vs. the rigid form on the Bodyslide view window when HDT PE kicks in.   

I think I'll keep the DG's default bust size because it will take unthinkable amount of time for me to learn HDT PE AND the sliders in BodySlide to make DG with bigger bust look as good as default.

@cell & dTd

Thanks i guess that *should* cover everything to make an optimal conversion.

I also figured how to switch lighting and textures off ;)

This is how i'll be working with two OS clients open to get closer to the original weights:

FAaMMAh.jpg

Left = UUNP project

Right = Original Lustrianna

PS: and the gauntlets are working fine without manipulating the original weights, i first conformed them to the UUNP Hands sliders (which only worked in OS but not in BS2), then conformed to the UUNP body.

Only issue is that the gauntlets are longer than the forearms, but that's just how the original is designed.

(ignore the spikes on the chestpiece, that will be fixed after the skirt ;) )

W5PA0wg.png

W6JNSgW.png

capHwjv.png

ceer9J4.png

yqkU4id.png

Well if the skirt works, i just need to clean up the false weights on the chestpiece and the leg chain. The rest seemed to work alright.

2 questions for further work:

1. How do i delete parts of the baseshape for outfits like this:

msg-134589-0-06419300-1429302670.jpg

I'd like to cut off the whole leg section inside the pants if possible.

The original also only has a fake torso mesh, probably easier to prevent clipping with the pants on slidermorphs and weighting.

2. How do i replace parts, like the panty in the Lustrianna outfit?

I'd prefer to have a zap slider for the skirt, but the original panty goes halfway through the body. It's also not particularily pretty.

The answer is probably "use Blender", but just in case this might be doable with nifskope / OS ;)

Well here we go.

The chestpiece kept getting strange spikes on animations, so i deleted all weighting and then copied the weight layout from the original manually (that means with the OS brush).

Maybe i should have done the same with the skirt, but this seems to work just as good as the original.

Preview:

Vxrqq9E.png

UUNP - 7B(O)ppai

Please anyone be so kind and test this with UUNP HDT:

(file removed - release version is here)

This might be my first BS2 conversion, but i need proper feedback so go ahead and point out any mistakes you find. 

Requirement:

Notes:

• no classic BS2 sliders have been edited (in case i need to conform again)
  • all 7B and UNP shapes should work anyways
  • the .xml files don't have the UUNP group attached yet, so just use the UUNP sliders manually (will be added later)
  • boots might need weighting at the upper rear end
  • bounce from the chest "armor" has been removed intendedly-> HDT bounce may have minimal clipping depending on bodyshape and HDT preset (in console "sgtm 0.1" to test)
  • original Skirt and Panties also clip pretty much 1:1 the same depending on walk animation and poses
  • the outfits are called "UVR" in BS2, working title for "UUNP Vanilla Replacer"

PS: Anyone know anything about Lustrianna? Last active 2012 on Nexus, and obviously messagebox full.

Would prefer to get permissions as well.

@guk: To remove the legs of the body, mask them, invert the mask and use "Slider -> New Zap Slider". Then hit "Slider -> Properties" with the new slider in edit mode and set it to hidden and 100 for both weights.

To replace the panty, delete its shape/zap it like above and load the new one using the Keep Shapes option in Load Outfit. Then delete the shapes you don't need, conform and copy.

About permissions, check the mod pages for hints or the permissions button at the top of them.

i tried the armor, it works, but things to mention: the top of the torso arches distance themselves from the boobs a bit, it's like it's taunting "i could have held more boob here";

the torso arches are rigid, i suppose they have no wights and then in RM using skeleton breast slider the armor doesn't scale with the value and leads to clipping, the butt does scale and it has wights.

here you have the torso from the side showing how far the arches are from the bust and then RM inflated boobs that clip

post-1118-0-54573500-1429534844_thumb.jpg

post-1118-0-49209100-1429534862_thumb.jpg

i tried the armor, it works, but things to mention: the top of the torso arches distance themselves from the boobs a bit, it's like it's taunting "i could have held more boob here";

the torso arches are rigid, i suppose they have no wights and then in RM using skeleton breast slider the armor doesn't scale with the value and leads to clipping, the butt does scale and it has wights.

here you have the torso from the side showing how far the arches are from the bust and then RM inflated boobs that clip

Thanks for testing, yeah the "chest armor" not fitting the breasts is 1:1 the same on the original. I suppose it should sit an inch or two further upwards, then it would actually cover the breast bottom and nipples.

edit: here is a pic that shows the flaws of the original UNP-Heavy version:

post-134589-0-17857600-1429294039.jpg

RM skeleton scaling however has nothing to do with this mod, unless you used the Bodymorph sliders in RM.

And i haven't done any of the classic BS2 sliders yet ;) the UUNP sliders however should work for all common 7B / UNP shapes. (sliders are the last thing to edit before release)

@guk: To remove the legs of the body, mask them, invert the mask and use "Slider -> New Zap Slider". Then hit "Slider -> Properties" with the new slider in edit mode and set it to hidden and 100 for both weights.

To replace the panty, delete its shape/zap it like above and load the new one using the Keep Shapes option in Load Outfit. Then delete the shapes you don't need, conform and copy.

About permissions, check the mod pages for hints or the permissions button at the top of them.

Alright sounds like a plan.

About the permissions, the page says "i will return soon! if you use anything from my mods you will be banned!"

And that was in 2012.

So the author might as well be dead if you ask me. Apparently this won't go to Nexus then, but it will stay here on LL until the author rises from the dead and either complains or gives permission.

edit: fixed a "typo"

Thanks for testing, yeah the "chest armor" not fitting the breasts is 1:1 the same on the original. I suppose it should sit an inch or two further upwards, then it would actually cover the breast bottom and nipples.

edit: here is a pic that shows the flaws of the original UNP-Heavy version:

post-134589-0-17857600-1429294039.jpg

RM skeleton scaling however has nothing to do with this mod, unless you used the Bodymorph sliders in RM.

And i haven't done any of the classic BS2 sliders yet ;) the UUNP sliders however should work for all common 7B / UNP shapes. (sliders are the last thing to edit before release)

But the CBBE blessed version works perfectly and has no gap, so making that one to bodyslide compatible or use it to convert to UNP takes less than a minute since it was originally for bodyslide i think ^^

So the effect is a nice one here

17166334866_7949fa343e_h.jpg