[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Probably a stupid question, but I've not been able to get an answer trying to work out how to phrase it right in google.

What I'm wondering is why some clothes show up on the body in the preview on the build page and some don't. I'm launching BS2 from MO and to pick examples the Terra CBBE standalone all show up with the body preset I'm using, but the Devious Asset bodyslide conversions just float in mid air so I can't actually see if it's aligning right without going in game. Or to pick an odder example the Juri outfit that is used in the Dibella mod. The Main outfit shows up with a body, but selecting the belt it doesn't.

Anyone who can point out the obvious that I'm missing would be really appreciated :)

The thing is, some outfit parts don't have to/should not include their own body in them. If you, say, included a body in the boots, the gloves and the torso part of an outfit and equip them all in-game, you would have 3 bodies loaded on top of each other.

That's why only the torso part of outfits come with a body in them, or some don't at all (like piercings). Thus you won't see a body in the preview for those who don't.

Select a different outfit or a nude body to create your preset, save it and use it everywhere. If you use different sliders on a set that doesn't have the body, than on the one that does, you will get clipping.

The thing is, some outfit parts don't have to/should not include their own body in them. If you, say, included a body in the boots, the gloves and the torso part of an outfit and equip them all in-game, you would have 3 bodies loaded on top of each other.

That's why only the torso part of outfits come with a body in them, or some don't at all (like piercings). Thus you won't see a body in the preview for those who don't.

Select a different outfit or a nude body to create your preset, save it and use it everywhere. If you use different sliders on a set that doesn't have the body, than on the one that does, you will get clipping.

That makes sense and pretty much what I was doing anyway. Thank you. 

Ok, I'm trying to modify existing Bodyslide sets to add new Zap sliders. I want to keep the existing Zap sliders, and just add new ones

So I start a new project, load the references from the original, but when I am done and save, my new Zap Slider is there, but the original ones are gone. What am I doing wrong?

Ok, I'm trying to modify existing Bodyslide sets to add new Zap sliders. I want to keep the existing Zap sliders, and just add new ones

So I start a new project, load the references from the original, but when I am done and save, my new Zap Slider is there, but the original ones are gone. What am I doing wrong?

Use "Load Project" instead of "New Project", remove the duplicate body, add the zap slider, then "Save Project" or "Save Project As".

In the next version of Outfit Studio (coming out (at some point (in time))) you won't have to delete the duplicate body anymore.

Use "Load Project" instead of "New Project", remove the duplicate body, add the zap slider, then "Save Project" or "Save Project As".

In the next version of Outfit Studio (coming out (at some point (in time))) you won't have to delete the duplicate body anymore.

That helped, a bit. Still trying to work my way around this program

Is there any other way to select vertices to mask than just the brush?

That helped, a bit. Still trying to work my way around this program

Is there any other way to select vertices to mask than just the brush?

Other than "Brush -> Invert/Clear Mask", nope.

Can anyone take a look at optioq's new "Mila Overalls": link

The weight slider is enabled in the .esp, the preview looks okay, but there are gaps at neck/wrists/ankles when wearing it below 100 weight.

BS2 seems to build a 0 weight body with 100 weight seams.

Any suggestions how to fix this would be appreciated. No idea how to contact the author, i barely understand the google translate of his mod description.

Absolutely need this working for screenshots ;)

Can anyone take a look at optioq's new "Mila Overalls": link

The weight slider is enabled in the .esp, the preview looks okay, but there are gaps at neck/wrists/ankles when wearing it below 100 weight.

BS2 seems to build a 0 weight body with 100 weight seams.

Any suggestions how to fix this would be appreciated. No idea how to contact the author, i barely understand the google translate of his mod description.

Absolutely need this working for screenshots ;)

There is usually bugs in his 1st release of mods....he will usually fix it in time.

Ah, and about the recolors not working. You have to open the NIF in NifSkope and make sure all NiTriShapes are in the same order the original mod has them. The plugin uses the shape order/id/name to determine what texture sets to replace, I think.

Cool, that worked - thanks ;) Not sure if they only need to be in the same order (f.e. 1-2) or the exact spot (1-8), i simply edited the ShapeData- .NIF and arranged them like in the original:

1 NiTriShape - UNPbody (or "BaseShape" in the ShapeData file)

8 NiTriShape - Top

...aaaand all the recolors are working in game after building them with BS2.

A bit confusing at first because nifskope keeps all the NiNodes in the list BETWEEN the NiTriShapes above, until you restart / refresh nifskope.

So at least your advice to me wasn't wasted, also wanted to drop the info in case others have that problem. I think for example No-Remorses Draugr Skirts would need the same fix.

Hi, I have accidentally deleted some bodyslide presets but still have outfits made with the preset, is there a way I can extract the preset from the outfit and save it as a .xml file so its usable as a preset again in bodyslide?

Any help appreciated, thanks... 

I figured out why some previous conversion attempts failed so hard. Not sure if it is a bug or user fail, but you can reproduce these steps:

• start converting an outfit with "conform all" etc.
  • fix clipping on the base shape
  • ----> load custom slider preset to check clipping <---- (not suggested by the guides at this point, but w/e)
  • load "zero sliders" again
  • fix clipping for all sliders
  • load slider preset again
  • ----> now everything is messed up <---- - instead of improving clipping, everything you adjusted (step 5.) made the clipping worse than in the first check (step 3.)
The cause seems to be, that if you don't use "set base shape" before loading a slider preset, the warning/dialogue that should prevent these problems never shows up.

Talking about "you have unsaved changes to the base shape. if you select 'no', the changes will be lost".

Maybe you should put the same check in, before allowing to load a slider preset?

Just as a suggestion for future updates.

I figured out why some previous conversion attempts failed so hard. Not sure if it is a bug or user fail, but you can reproduce these steps:

• ----> load custom slider preset to check clipping <---- (not suggested by the guides at this point, but w/e)
  • ----> now everything is messed up <---- - instead of improving clipping, everything you adjusted (step 5.) made the clipping worse than in the first check (step 3.)
The cause seems to be, that if you don't use "set base shape" before loading a slider preset, the warning/dialogue that should prevent these problems never shows up.

Talking about "you have unsaved changes to the base shape. if you select 'no', the changes will be lost".

Maybe you should put the same check in, before allowing to load a slider preset?

di this works with the newest one ? i used 2.3 btw

I've found that anytime you load a preset or slider or reference you must click set base shape first otherwise your edits are lost.

Well, I'm only talking about Outfit Studio, haven't tried it in bodyslide. But no, the edits made to the clothing meshes are only preserved if you set base shape before loading a preset or reference once you've edited them.

I've found that anytime you load a preset or slider or reference you must click set base shape first otherwise your edits are lost.

Yep and if you click on any of the slider morphs after editing the base shape, the failsafe dialogue pops up to let you choose:

yes = save changes to baseshape and enable the slider

no = discard changes and enable slider

cancel = don't enable the slider

But not when loading any presets. The effect however is not that changes are lost, but the slider edits afterwards will have the exact opposite effect.

Let's say you have just a bit of clipping on your preset, then adjust all sliders 1 by 1, load the preset again, and suddenly everything clips so bad as if you had DECREASED the volume instead of INCREASING it.

Well it's a bit hard to describe, i can also make a picture series if needed ;)

how to edit the armor mesh if it was this big ? :v don't become such a douchebag plss someone noob at conversion ask an u ignore it

Making an armor work with those sliders settings is pretty much... impossible. At least in Outfit Studio, and even in 3D modelling tools it's hard because you can only see the 100% shape and not the 300% one of a slider.

All you can do is try to fix the clipping of each individual slider by clicking the edit button of it and using the brushes.

Sorry but this really doesn't work. :P

Yep and if you click on any of the slider morphs after editing the base shape, the failsafe dialogue pops up to let you choose:

But not when loading any presets. The effect however is not that changes are lost, but the slider edits afterwards will have the exact opposite effect.

Let's say you have just a bit of clipping on your preset, then adjust all sliders 1 by 1, load the preset again, and suddenly everything clips so bad as if you had DECREASED the volume instead of INCREASING it.

I'll look at the code.

how to edit the armor mesh if it was this big ? :v don't become such a douchebag plss someone noob at conversion ask an u ignore it

Making an armor work with those sliders settings is pretty much... impossible. At least in Outfit Studio, and even in 3D modelling tools it's hard because you can only see the 100% shape and not the 300% one of a slider.

All you can do is try to fix the clipping of each individual slider by clicking the edit button of it and using the brushes.

Sorry but this really doesn't work. :P

I'll look at the code.

i'll try again tomorrow thx before :3 

Let me ask some stupid questions. If I install a custom race, and will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" by, for example, CBBE body Slim, and then will create a "femalebody_0.nif" and "femalebody_1.nif" for vanilla-races, but with using, for example, CBBE body Curve...

Question 1: Will it thus make a separate body type for my character and other NPC?
Question 2: How will look armor on the NPC and on my character?

Simply, if body types will be different only when they are naked, but in the armor will look without differences, then I see no reason to use custom races.