[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

When i load a reference with "merge sliders" ticked, i have some kind of bug:

Applying slidermorphs only affects the outfit parts, but not the base shape. Works fine with the procedure i posted above though.

And in the bones tab i have TBH no idea what i'm looking at ;)

Merging sliders works just fine for me as well, just tried. :P

Did you delete the duplicate body after loading the project?

With your method, you're destroying the slider quality that had been manually fixed when making the conversions (that counts for Caliente's Vanilla Outfits and Remodeled Armor and other recent ones, not all that much for the rest of older CB++ though).

In the bones tab you can see the weights of the individual bones on the selected shape. You can always send me your NIF after conversion.

AFAIK this uses the "CB plus plus - Various" project file from Nexus called CB++BikiniTrouble.xml.

I fixed all outfits called "TBBP" to work with BS2's CBBE TBBP, and show up correctly in the BS2 and OS previews. It probably needs some adjustments, as it clips a bit on the bikini panty when crouching and the bra isn't perfect either; but it generally works as intended and i think the original has the same problems.

The only outfit updated with CBBE HDT is the "Bikini Trouble TBBP" outfit at the bottom of the project list.

As mentioned, you should see in game how breasts and bikinitop move with completely different weightings under effect of HDT PE bounce.

Bikini Trouble BS2 TBBP - test.7z

You still need the original installed: Bikini Trouble

______

Download is only for educational and test purposes. Re-uploading is not permitted and completely pointless, just grab the original file :)

AFAIK this uses the "CB plus plus - Various" project file from Nexus called CB++BikiniTrouble.xml.

I fixed all outfits called "TBBP" to work with BS2's CBBE TBBP, and show up correctly in the BS2 and OS previews. It probably needs some adjustments, as it clips a bit on the bikini panty when crouching and the bra isn't perfect either; but it generally works as intended and i think the original has the same problems.

The only outfit updated with CBBE HDT is the "Bikini Trouble TBBP" outfit at the bottom of the project list.

As mentioned, you should see in game how breasts and bikinitop move with completely different weightings under effect of HDT PE bounce.

attachicon.gifBikini Trouble BS2 TBBP - test.7z

You still need the original installed: Bikini Trouble

______

Download is only for educational and test purposes. Re-uploading is not permitted and completely pointless, just grab the original file :)

Yeah, when I look at the bones of the "Bra" and the "BaseShape" in NifSkope, I can see that the "Bra" still has the TBBP bone "Breast01" Left/Right while the "BaseShape" body, probably CBBE HDT, doesn't.

This is weird because when I copy weights, the old bones are removed. What happens if you switch to the "Bones" tab to the right, right-click and delete the four "Breast01" and "Breast" L/R bones, reload the CBBE HDT reference and copy weights again?

This sounds like it would fix the problem, thanks for checking this out.

It might take another 1-2 days before i can test and report back, probably i should re-install BS2 v2.2d and see if that fixes the problems i'm having in OS.

This sounds like it would fix the problem, thanks for checking this out.

Yep deleting the bones worked... had a little problem first after deleting the bones in OS and re-building the outfit, the body turned into a weird mess ingame.

After that went back into OS, did the same procedure once more, now everything looks good without the TBBP bones and working HDT:

post-134589-0-35240600-1426051827_thumb.png

Now i need to figure out how to fix the clipping at the bikini bottom, which doesn't show up in the OS/BS preview ;)

Stuck on something.  In this pic you can see the basic sexlab straponcbbe_1 does not fit CBBE well, so I wanted to fix it: post-342208-0-67941100-1426444118_thumb.jpg

I load the .nif in with the CBBE body reference and, as you can see, the strapon isn't aligned: post-342208-0-13783500-1426444217_thumb.jpg

And, the strapon doesn't come with a body, either: post-342208-0-58430200-1426444258_thumb.jpg

So I re-position the shape until it's on the body, and it fits w/ no other changes needed: post-342208-0-89838200-1426444321_thumb.jpg

I then export the shape over the original, but when I go ingame the strapon is now in the air above and behind my character: post-342208-0-77547600-1426444397_thumb.jpg

So, since that's not working I decided to do all of tutorial 1 for it, from a fresh start. Steps: loaded it, aligned it, made conversion reference, conformed all, set base shape, load CBBE reference back in, conform all again, export, check ingame and now it's not only in the wrong place but it is all distorted now too: post-342208-0-57467200-1426447217_thumb.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Well now i feel a bit like an idiot. I already tried to learn using OS two times, always gave up because this guide doesn't explain the actual basic conversion process at all. No offense but if you start by this, you always end up at part 1 / step 6 or something when you spray around on the base mesh, making it worse with every click.

Perhaps this is only aimed at advanced users? Because all the other parts of the guide are invaluable.

Anyways, so i went over to the BS2 page on Nexus, followed the Anything(UNP)->CBBE and CBBE->BS2 tutorials, then made this within a few minutes:

YVYnxQB.png

D3vkMh6.png

Funny enough that i didn't have to touch a single slider for the BS2 conversion (yet) as it even works out of the box with my experimental CBBE-YT version which has a couple of really extreme slider combinations ;)

But i guess the real work is just about to start, since the clipping and deformations of the pants in most poses is unacceptable.

Any pointers how to improve compatibility with animations?

Or are these delicate Osare meshes just impossible to fix without professional 3D tools?

- Thanks in advance

________

EDIT: any tips how to replace hands and feet meshes? so many questions :)

P.S.: oh and another semi-related question, any idea why all the tops of the set are red in game, while the pants recolors work just fine? The mod has only 1 mesh for each part of the outfit, so it uses texture sets - confusing

Well now i feel a bit like an idiot. I already tried to learn using OS two times, always gave up because this guide doesn't explain the actual basic conversion process at all. No offense but if you start by this, you always end up at part 1 / step 6 or something when you spray around on the base mesh, making it worse with every click.

Perhaps this is only aimed at advanced users? Because all the other parts of the guide are invaluable.

Anyways, so i went over to the BS2 page on Nexus, followed the Anything(UNP)->CBBE and CBBE->BS2 tutorials, then made this within a few minutes:

YVYnxQB.png

D3vkMh6.png

Funny enough that i didn't have to touch a single slider for the BS2 conversion (yet) as it even works out of the box with my experimental CBBE-YT version which has a couple of really extreme slider combinations ;)

But i guess the real work is just about to start, since the clipping and deformations of the pants in most poses is unacceptable.

Any pointers how to improve compatibility with animations?

Or are these delicate Osare meshes just impossible to fix without professional 3D tools?

- Thanks in advance

________

EDIT: any tips how to replace hands and feet meshes? so many questions :)

P.S.: oh and another semi-related question, any idea why all the tops of the set are red in game, while the pants recolors work just fine?

Outfit Studio's bone weight copy isn't the best. You can use Mesh Rigger (which is a Python half-UI/half-command-line tool) to load the template mesh you want to copy weights from, and the target mesh you want to copy to.

It does a slightly better job than Outfit Studio, but it's not perfect either: http://kgtools.org/

(get the standalone archive and overwrite with update archive).

Even with Mesh Rigger, you will probably have to go back in Outfit Studio and manually adjust the weights with the weight brush (like removing weights from the Thigh L bone from the RIGHT thigh, and removing weights from the Thigh R bone on the LEFT thigh, which occasionally happens for some outfits).

For the feet and hands, if you're doing a BodySlide conversion and/or you need to copy weights from hands/feet, use "Load Reference" (should probably check "Merge sliders" check box) and select the hands/feet NIF. You can delete the old hands/feet shape.

When you're done (clipping etc.), save it as a separate slider set (you can save it into the same XML, but with a different slider set name).

All in all it simply takes some practice and playing around with stuff, like 80% of life. :)

Especially with the weighting part. 100% automated but still 100% quality conversions can unfortunately not exist just yet with the way meshes in games currently work.

I can also always recommend the LoversLab IRC channel: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/LL

Lots of people on there, including me quite often. Not as much as on Nexus, but 500% more useful ones. ;)

Thanks so much, gonna try that and report back with new issues ;)

Ah, and about the recolors not working. You have to open the NIF in NifSkope and make sure all NiTriShapes are in the same order the original mod has them. The plugin uses the shape order/id/name to determine what texture sets to replace, I think.

Hi, can anyone help me better understand how to use outfit studio? I am using blabba's HDT Body and trying to get the CT77( ChronoTrigger77outfits) to work with that body but first I cannot get it to work( even with the patches, maybe i am doing something wrong?) so i have resorted to trying to learn how to use outfit studio. When in outfit studio, after loading my already made reference, my slider preset does not show in the dropdown menu, can anyone tell me why? Or if you can tell me how to covert the C77T(ChronoTrigger77 outfits) to the bodytype using batching build, that would be great too :)

Alright i tested some stuff last night.

Editing the weighting had some positive effect, testing mesh rigger would be next. So far i did what you said about removing all weight paint from L thigh on the other body half (and vice versa), which greatly improved the weird stretching and clipping on pant(ies) during animations.

Unfortunately i later messed something up on the Osare Hotpants conversion and saved it on the same project file, so i'll have to start from scratch again.

But i ran into further trouble:

First i started converting "Osare GothicLolita". Boots and panties were working good in game, except some clipping in the front part of the panties and the boots didn't like too complex gymnastic poses ;) The panty clipping is a bit of a mystery, just like my HDT upgrade for "Bikini Trouble", it looks perfect in BS2/OS but the front piece always clips on the sides of the pubis mons in-game - even when just standing still.

But apparently anything with complex intersecting meshes is impossible to get right in OS? Like the 2 interwoven chest pieces on that outfit.

Since you can only work on 1 mesh at a time, getting both to line up properly gets worse the longer you work on it.

Next problem were the boots from "Osare DressArmor". They showed a bit clipping on my CBBE-YT preset in OS, so i started adjusting all sliders that the preset uses, one by one. But after that, the clipping with CBBE-YT became so bad that i had to start over. Same result in the 2nd attempt.

Ok, how do I get my custom preset to show up in the dropdown list for things other than what I originally modified?

ie: I modified the CBBE Body TBBP, and saved a new preset under a new name. When I have that body selected, my custom preset is available in the dropdown list.

But if I switch to another body (such as CBBE HDT) or armor/clothing, my preset is no longer available.

What am I doing wrong?

Alright i tested some stuff last night.

Editing the weighting had some positive effect, testing mesh rigger would be next. So far i did what you said about removing all weight paint from L thigh on the other body half (and vice versa), which greatly improved the weird stretching and clipping on pant(ies) during animations.

Unfortunately i later messed something up on the Osare Hotpants conversion and saved it on the same project file, so i'll have to start from scratch again.

But i ran into further trouble:

First i started converting "Osare GothicLolita". Boots and panties were working good in game, except some clipping in the front part of the panties and the boots didn't like too complex gymnastic poses ;) The panty clipping is a bit of a mystery, just like my HDT upgrade for "Bikini Trouble", it looks perfect in BS2/OS but the front piece always clips on the sides of the pubis mons in-game - even when just standing still.

But apparently anything with complex intersecting meshes is impossible to get right in OS? Like the 2 interwoven chest pieces on that outfit.

Since you can only work on 1 mesh at a time, getting both to line up properly gets worse the longer you work on it.

Next problem were the boots from "Osare DressArmor". They showed a bit clipping on my CBBE-YT preset in OS, so i started adjusting all sliders that the preset uses, one by one. But after that, the clipping with CBBE-YT became so bad that i had to start over. Same result in the 2nd attempt.

Whatever doesn't clip in Outfit Studio with the base shape or sliders applied (at 100% of course), clips because of the weighting.

Ok, how do I get my custom preset to show up in the dropdown list for things other than what I originally modified?

ie: I modified the CBBE Body TBBP, and saved a new preset under a new name. When I have that body selected, my custom preset is available in the dropdown list.

But if I switch to another body (such as CBBE HDT) or armor/clothing, my preset is no longer available.

What am I doing wrong?

You have to select a group to assign the preset to when saving it. To make it appear everywhere, choose "CBAdvanced".

I am following the guide, but I'm unclear on how to adjust the shape of an outfit to fit a new body.  The "conform" option doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Am I just supposed to use the "move vertices" tool to adjust the outfit myself?  it seems almost impossible if there is a big difference in fit...

I am following the guide, but I'm unclear on how to adjust the shape of an outfit to fit a new body.  The "conform" option doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Am I just supposed to use the "move vertices" tool to adjust the outfit myself?  it seems almost impossible if there is a big difference in fit...

You won't always see changes in a step, but important things are going on.  You want to avoid using move vertices if you can.  Instead, the main things you'll be using are the two to the left of that, the increase/decrease mesh volume.  Make sure you have the right clothing shape highlighted on the right as you do.  And don't be afraid when with some sliders the changes needed look large.

cnwinger and Nephenee13

I'm not an expert, but since no one else is replying I'll offer what I know.  I use Mod Organizer and for my presets to show at all, I have to make sure they are in the CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderPresets folder (so for my setup that would be Skyrim\ModOrganizer\mods\Calientes Beautiful Bodies Edition -CBBE-\CalienteTools\BodySlide\SliderPresets.  I suppose you could also use your Overwrite folder to place them.)

To get them to show up under a particular body type, I think I read somewhere that you have to add that body-category to the xml.  Googling a bit should produce the help for that.

You won't always see changes in a step, but important things are going on.  You want to avoid using move vertices if you can.  Instead, the main things you'll be using are the two to the left of that, the increase/decrease mesh volume.  Make sure you have the right clothing shape highlighted on the right as you do.  And don't be afraid when with some sliders the changes needed look large.

that kind of makes sense, but i find that the increase/decrease mesh volume don't work for some things - for instance, underwear that fits well expect the small waist band has a huge gap on the side of the hips. 

PYPEK9D.png

all I really need want to do is shrink it so it hits the body...the increase volume isn't quite right here, and moving vertices results in a jagged mess.  not sure what the preferred method to fix this is?

Thanks, that helps.

One more question.  I have a custom .nif for a follower that I created.  I didn't save it as a slider set.  How do I load that as the reference in Outfit Studio?

Select it in the Load Reference.  :ph34r:

Ok, I must be missing something.  The Load reference when starting a new project only gives me 2 body options: select a default form the dropdown list, or load an XML slider set.  How do I load the .nif file for a body?  This is separate from the next page which is to load the .nif file for the actual outfit.

Thanks, that helps.

One more question. I have a custom .nif for a follower that I created. I didn't save it as a slider set. How do I load that as the reference in Outfit Studio?

Select it in the Load Reference. :ph34r:

Ok, I must be missing something. The Load reference when starting a new project only gives me 2 body options: select a default form the dropdown list, or load an XML slider set. How do I load the .nif file for a body? This is separate from the next page which is to load the .nif file for the actual outfit.

Where it says "choose an XML file", you can also select a NIF file instead. You won't have any sliders loaded like that, though.

Probably a stupid question, but I've not been able to get an answer trying to work out how to phrase it right in google.

What I'm wondering is why some clothes show up on the body in the preview on the build page and some don't. I'm launching BS2 from MO and to pick examples the Terra CBBE standalone all show up with the body preset I'm using, but the Devious Asset bodyslide conversions just float in mid air so I can't actually see if it's aligning right without going in game. Or to pick an odder example the Juri outfit that is used in the Dibella mod. The Main outfit shows up with a body, but selecting the belt it doesn't.

Anyone who can point out the obvious that I'm missing would be really appreciated :)