[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

Hello all!

I'm fairly new to Bodyslide, but I think I've gotten the hang of it so far--or at least, I can slap on HDT physics onto Caliente's Vanilla armor conversions, which is partially the problem. I use CBBESlim, and Caliente's mod is really the only mod I've found with meshes for Slim. I've been using the pull/push tools in BodySlide to modify outfits from mods like Cambion's Vanilla Armour and Clothing conversions, but it's a time consuming process and the armor often doesn't deform smoothly (and "Scale Object" doesn't work all that well for a two-piece outfit like the Bandit bikini). Is there any easier way to "slim down" outfits? Like maybe attaching sliders to the outfits that change body parts like what BodySlide already does for naked bodies? Or am I out of luck?

EDIT: Derp. Apparently, that's what Batch Building is for. Nevermind!

i'm trying to update a conversion i did sometime ago, it's got one cloth with multiple color variants but this has only 1 .nif file and the textures are (i think) set up in creation kit, so files generated from bodyslide does not inherit the settings and i end up having multiple different armor with the same color variant in game.

anyone's got experience dealing with outfit of this nature?

i'm trying to update a conversion i did sometime ago, it's got one cloth with multiple color variants but this has only 1 .nif file and the textures are (i think) set up in creation kit, so files generated from bodyslide does not inherit the settings and i end up having multiple different armor with the same color variant in game.

anyone's got experience dealing with outfit of this nature?

The texture replacers should still work, assuming you didn't change the name of the mesh or anything like that. The most likely reason why it doesn't is that bodyslide changed the order of the objects in the NIF, so it's trying to replace the texture of the wrong thing. This happens when you remove the base shape inherent in the NIF and use the bodyslide reference which is placed at the bottom.

I'd have to download the meshes and look at them to tell you exactly, but in general, you can open the original NIF for the outfit and take note of the order in which the objects are listed. Then, open the NIF in your ShapeData folder for your conversion and change the order to match before Building again. The easiest way is to open the NiNode at the top, scroll down to children and change the order that way. Then do Spells > Sanitize > Reorder Blocks to make sure your changes take effect.

An alternative would be to open the ESP and redo the texture replacing with your new meshes and then include the modified ESP in your conversion. You can usually find it under the specific item profile in the ArmorAddon section.

i normally avoid replacing other people's stuff when i can so went with the former option, and that fixed it. didn't know deleting base meshes could cause such a headache. thanks!

interesting note though, when i do Sanitize > Reorder Blocks it reorders the children. i had to reorder and save changes without doing that sanitizing thing to keep the changes. odd.

Is there a way to copy/find they weights of a premade body? Specifically, the body used in the Stoneheart Armors found on the nexus (and an obscure korean website). The Author provided links to download and use their body but he has not posted the preset that he used. Is there a way to see the slider values that were used in this body so that I can make a preset to use across all of my other armors or do I need to do my best to guess and try to make them match?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Is there a way to copy/find they weights of a premade body? Specifically, the body used in the Stoneheart Armors found on the nexus (and an obscure korean website). The Author provided links to download and use their body but he has not posted the preset that he used. Is there a way to see the slider values that were used in this body so that I can make a preset to use across all of my other armors or do I need to do my best to guess and try to make them match?

Thanks!

There's no way to reverse engineer presets/body shapes other than attempting to re-create them, no. :)

Thanks!

There's no way to reverse engineer presets/body shapes other than attempting to re-create them, no. :)

Ahh dang, oh well thanks anyways!

Hello, i wonder if you can help me. I only recently started using Bodyslide and i although i read page 1, i am completely confused.

1) I can make an UUNP custom body that appears then in the game for my character. But:

a) Can i save a preset of the body and then import it again in the future? I somehow did save a preset in xml i think, but i couldn't seem to make it import...So each time i have to make the same body from scratch (i took a screenshot with the sliders and manually re-adjust them).

B)  Can i make NPCs use the min and max values (weights) with the custom body i made?

2) I am trying to make this UUNP conversion work.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2540-sexy-vanilla-female-armor-uunp-bodyslide-hdt/

From the packaging, i suppose i have to copy everything into the Bodyslide directory inside Mod Manager. But it's not working inside the game. What am i supposed to do?

Thank you and happy new year.

Hello, i wonder if you can help me. I only recently started using Bodyslide and i although i read page 1, i am completely confused.

1) I can make an UUNP custom body that appears then in the game for my character. But:

a) Can i save a preset of the body and then import it again in the future? I somehow did save a preset in xml i think, but i couldn't seem to make it import...So each time i have to make the same body from scratch (i took a screenshot with the sliders and manually re-adjust them).

B)  Can i make NPCs use the min and max values (weights) with the custom body i made?

2) I am trying to make this UUNP conversion work.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2540-sexy-vanilla-female-armor-uunp-bodyslide-hdt/

From the packaging, i suppose i have to copy everything into the Bodyslide directory inside Mod Manager. But it's not working inside the game. What am i supposed to do?

Thank you and happy new year.

Hello and happy new year.

1.a  I'm not sure 'Import' is the correct term, but the point of a preset is that your settings will be applied to whatever outfit you select without needing to set it every time. You should try saving it again and make sure you check all the boxes when it asks which outfit set you want the preset applied to. I forget which one you need to check for outfits that aren't assigned a category (I'm sure it's on the bodyslide page somewhere), but there's no harm in checking everything.

1. B)  NPC's, by default, will use the same body as the PC which is the custom body you are building. There are mods out there that change this and purposefully add some (much needed) variety, but those are there to use at your discretion.

2. I'm really not qualified to give instructions on using Bodyslide with Mod Organizer as I've never used it, myself. From what I've heard as feedback from people installing outfits I've converted to bodyslide, I believe it's important that you set a correct "Data" folder during installation. The mod you linked starts a level below "Data" and that may be causing a problem. You could try extracting the archive, put the CalienteTools folder inside a folder called "Data" and run it back through 7z/winrar and try installing it that way.

I hope this is not a stupid question, but, what I am looking to do, is convert all my UNP(ish) variant armors, to straight UNP so they fit properly on my character. I am not looking to change or alter my character, just the armors. Is BS2\outfit studio the right tool?  I have not tried anything like this before, but would be so helpful if I knew how to fix armors, as opposed to asking total strangers to do it for nothing..sigh.

Yes, Outfit Studio is the tool to convert one armor of said body shape to another armor of different body shape. That being said, if you were to install uunp along with bodyslide and DL outfits which are uunp compatible, then you could easily do it in a couple minutes rather than going over each body piece and armor ensemble  separately.

Hello and happy new year.

1.a  I'm not sure 'Import' is the correct term, but the point of a preset is that your settings will be applied to whatever outfit you select without needing to set it every time. You should try saving it again and make sure you check all the boxes when it asks which outfit set you want the preset applied to. I forget which one you need to check for outfits that aren't assigned a category (I'm sure it's on the bodyslide page somewhere), but there's no harm in checking everything.

1. B)  NPC's, by default, will use the same body as the PC which is the custom body you are building. There are mods out there that change this and purposefully add some (much needed) variety, but those are there to use at your discretion.

2. I'm really not qualified to give instructions on using Bodyslide with Mod Organizer as I've never used it, myself. From what I've heard as feedback from people installing outfits I've converted to bodyslide, I believe it's important that you set a correct "Data" folder during installation. The mod you linked starts a level below "Data" and that may be causing a problem. You could try extracting the archive, put the CalienteTools folder inside a folder called "Data" and run it back through 7z/winrar and try installing it that way.

Thank you for the information and tips. I will try various combinations, i hope i will find it. At least now i know that the NPCs will use the same body...

I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this...

Basically, I'm asking how to "easily" change hands, especially fingers when creating a conversion for bodyslide. F.e. I have glove meshes, that have different sizes for the fingers than the UUNP hands. So what I wanted to do was loading UUNP hands as a reference and adjusting the mesh to the fingers, which I couldn't get to work correctly, and Outfit studio repeatedly kept crashing when using masks and modifying the mesh :( Any tips on this?

I'm not sure if I should post this here, but I didn't want to create a new thread for this...

Basically, I'm asking how to "easily" change hands, especially fingers when creating a conversion for bodyslide. F.e. I have glove meshes, that have different sizes for the fingers than the UUNP hands. So what I wanted to do was loading UUNP hands as a reference and adjusting the mesh to the fingers, which I couldn't get to work correctly, and Outfit studio repeatedly kept crashing when using masks and modifying the mesh

:( Any tips on this?

I'm not sure why it would crash, other than it maybe OS is having a skeleton issue with the hand bones. But, for all the obvious benefits of using Outfit Studio, it was never really made to support hands so I'm not sure it's really the ideal tool for what you're trying to do. But if you insist on using it, I would skip the "bodyslide" aspect and just load the two models together.

I've found you may get less crashing when you combine the two meshes together in Nifskope and loading the sole NIF to work on it, and then delete the hand afterwards if you don't need it. And when I say skip the bodyslide part, I mean I would adjust both the _0 and _1 gloves and include them in your package as opposed to letting bodyslide build them. They shouldn't be affected by sliders anyway.

Hey guys,i downloaded this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5564/? to replace vanilla clothes for better ones, i downloaded the hdt extension and the bodyslide for theses clothes but I have MO and when i try to install the Bodyslide of this mod, it says no game data on top level. Usually i just have to set the data directory in the data files but this time it doesn't work, I don't have the "Looks good" and even if  I install it, i launch bodyslide, I can edit the body but in game it doesn't work, it change nothing. Can someone help me. I think I did something wrong in the installation.

And sorry for bad english this is not my first language.

Basically, I'm asking how to "easily" change hands, especially fingers when creating a conversion for bodyslide. F.e. I have glove meshes, that have different sizes for the fingers than the UUNP hands. So what I wanted to do was loading UUNP hands as a reference and adjusting the mesh to the fingers, which I couldn't get to work correctly, and Outfit studio repeatedly kept crashing when using masks and modifying the mesh

sad.png Any tips on this?

I'm not sure why it would crash, other than it maybe OS is having a skeleton issue with the hand bones. But, for all the obvious benefits of using Outfit Studio, it was never really made to support hands so I'm not sure it's really the ideal tool for what you're trying to do. But if you insist on using it, I would skip the "bodyslide" aspect and just load the two models together.

I've found you may get less crashing when you combine the two meshes together in Nifskope and loading the sole NIF to work on it, and then delete the hand afterwards if you don't need it. And when I say skip the bodyslide part, I mean I would adjust both the _0 and _1 gloves and include them in your package as opposed to letting bodyslide build them. They shouldn't be affected by sliders anyway.

It usually crashes when I try to convert from XY to CBBE, and then try to edit the slider. Nothing in the log though, so I'm not sure what's happening there...

The problem is, that a lot of outfits have sleeves, or thigh armor on the foot part, so that it has to have morph support. And if I take a look at other packaged bodyslide outfits, they all seem to include a bodyslide version of the gloves/boots. 

sad.png Any tips on this?

It usually crashes when I try to convert from XY to CBBE, and then try to edit the slider. Nothing in the log though, so I'm not sure what's happening there...

The problem is, that a lot of outfits have sleeves, or thigh armor on the foot part, so that it has to have morph support. And if I take a look at other packaged bodyslide outfits, they all seem to include a bodyslide version of the gloves/boots.

Oh, I should have clarified. It depends on what type of gloves you're looking at. If they're just gloves (only covering the hand) then I wouldn't necessarily have bodyslide build it, especially if the wrist is exposed as you may very well end up with a seam. But if they go up the arm (and more specifically, if it goes up past the wrist) then yeah, do a bodyslide conversion; you just won't use many sliders and that's fine.

You can try using a different reference, like use (Bodytype) to CBBE as your reference, conform and apply the slider, then set base shape and load your actual reference (UUNP or otherwise), and then start working.

If you still get crashing, after that and my previous suggestion, you could always try running it through mesh rigger by gerra6 (using the hand and probably body as your reference depending on the gloves) and see if it can correct whatever issue the glove has.

And if none of that works, you can always send me/upload the gloves so I can actually see it and hopefully I can stop answering in generalities.

I created a BodySlide conversion for UUNP, and when I equip the outfit ingame, Skyrim immediately crashes. I appended the BodySlide files in question. 

The original archive already has a CBBE BodySlide conversion, but I used to the included meshes to create my own UUNP conversion. 

Any help appreciated :/

Yep... that thing's broke. :P I can't even open it in 3DS Max. I suspect your problem is that OS choked on the HDT weights on the skirt/sleeves.

Actually, you should update to the latest version of bodyslide and try it over again. Apparently it now supports bones that aren't in the reference skeleton now, which is exactly what you're looking for. And let me know if it works, that's a pretty big deal.

I created a BodySlide conversion for UUNP, and when I equip the outfit ingame, Skyrim immediately crashes. I appended the BodySlide files in question. 

The original archive already has a CBBE BodySlide conversion, but I used to the included meshes to create my own UUNP conversion. 

Any help appreciated :/

Yep... that thing's broke. :P I can't even open it in 3DS Max. I suspect your problem is that OS choked on the HDT weights on the skirt/sleeves.

Actually, you should update to the latest version of bodyslide and try it over again. Apparently it now supports bones that aren't in the reference skeleton now, which is exactly what you're looking for. And let me know if it works, that's a pretty big deal.

Thing is, I was using 3.1a to make the conversion AND building the nifs... 

First, thank you for the great guides. I do have a question, I read through them as best I could and got Guide 1 to work perfectly for me. Now I want to apply the same steps for other armors/clothing pieces. Basically I am attempting to convert Arousing Armors to CBBE for my own use. I cannot find information in the guides that explains how to use the Conversion Reference I made for the first outfit on others. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to note the slider positions I used and duplicate them each time for each outfit I want to convert?

Hi. I was trying to convert some boots in OS, and ingame I got this bug:

attachicon.gif2016-01-11_00001.jpg

The boots were mis-aligned in OS, so I had to move the shape, but that should in no case break the meshes, right? :/ I also double-checked the weights, and all seemed ok.

Load the project's NIF file (from the ShapeData folder) as an outfit and the femalefeet_1.nif as a reference. Copy their bone weights and see if it fixes anything (copy from body to boots first, and afterwards from feet to boots).

Load the project's NIF file (from the ShapeData folder) as an outfit and the femalefeet_1.nif as a reference. Copy their bone weights and see if it fixes anything (copy from body to boots first, and afterwards from feet to boots).

I tried that, even tried deleting all existing bones first, but still the error occurred. I really don't know what's different with those boots compared to others which worked fine...

Btw, if I do copy from both sources though, I have unweighted vertices as shown in the screenshot below. I fixed that, by giving the Thighs a minimal weight - I hope that's how you do it...

post-49167-0-63510600-1452542749_thumb.jpg