child males - armorpack- replacement & body-replacement

Guest Grestorn

I'm trying to adapt your armor to be used with Skykids. In general that works fine (I just adapted the directory pathes for the meshes and replaced the textures referred in the meshes using nifscope). 

However, I also would like to adapt the meshes themselves to match the actual body used in Skykids. And that proved to be not so easy, especially since the Skykids bodies have a slightly different scale. Probably all of this can be resolved, but NifScope is very much a mystery to me in many places.

First, please let me know if you don't want me to adapt your work, then I'll stop immediately. 

Secondly, if you're fine with what I'm trying, can you give me any pointers (tutorials etc.) where one can learn how to deal with these problems?

I'm trying to adapt your armor to be used with Skykids. In general that works fine (I just adapted the directory pathes for the meshes and replaced the textures referred in the meshes using nifscope). 

However, I also would like to adapt the meshes themselves to match the actual body used in Skykids. And that proved to be not so easy, especially since the Skykids bodies have a slightly different scale. Probably all of this can be resolved, but NifScope is very much a mystery to me in many places.

First, please let me know if you don't want me to adapt your work, then I'll stop immediately. 

Secondly, if you're fine with what I'm trying, can you give me any pointers (tutorials etc.) where one can learn how to deal with these problems?

Not problema  ^^, I actually had no problem using them with SkyKids, but I could not make replacement body will work properly, the body was darker outside under a shadow, it was as if his face was illuminated by a flashlight

And the main reason not to do a version for SkyKids is because all that is needed is to place them in the appropriate folder skykids-armorswap with the name for that version ... maybe do require wider or narrower to around the hip

replacement for the boy's body now modesty version (with boxers made ​​by lostdaywalker) to respect the rules

I personally think the rules are kinda exagerated or better missleading. I'd rather see naked kids in non adult sections -for immersive reasons, for example- than a child in boxers here in 'Adult and Sex Mods'...

replacement for the boy's body now modesty version (with boxers made ​​by lostdaywalker) to respect the rules

I personally think the rules are kinda exagerated or better missleading. I'd rather see naked kids in non adult sections -for immersive reasons, for example- than a child in boxers here in 'Adult and Sex Mods'...

I agree, besides, they don't even look remotely realistic anyway. I see zero harm in all of this.

Hey JuSkyriman,

The Witch Plate looks great.  Thanks so much.  Just a couple of issues, if you get a chance.  Ok, first pic is just to show how cool my guys look in their new armor :)  It also shows a small problem tho.  See their thighs?  The underarmor bit there is sorta ragged.  Any way to clean that up?  Second pic is about a question.  I still have the old Cots body.  With the dark, sad nipples.  Kjartan here is from Kyod's Ashen Follower mod.  How can I switch bodies to get the much better nipple look he has goin?

ScreenShot17.pngScreenShot18.png

Ok, 3rd pic is the second issue and that's the bit around the neck.  See the gap? Any way to just get rid of that black border?  It doesn't seem to be attached to anything and wouldn't be missed.  Final pic is me just showin off my toon again with his cool tats :)

ScreenShot19.pngScreenShot20.png

Hey JuSkyriman,

The Witch Plate looks great.  Thanks so much.  Just a couple of issues, if you get a chance.  Ok, first pic is just to show how cool my guys look in their new armor :)  It also shows a small problem tho.  See their thighs?  The underarmor bit there is sorta ragged.  Any way to clean that up?  Second pic is about a question.  I still have the old Cots body.  With the dark, sad nipples.  Kjartan here is from Kyod's Ashen Follower mod.  How can I switch bodies to get the much better nipple look he has goin?

ScreenShot17.pngScreenShot18.png

Ok, 3rd pic is the second issue and that's the bit around the neck.  See the gap? Any way to just get rid of that black border?  It doesn't seem to be attached to anything and wouldn't be missed.  Final pic is me just showin off my toon again with his cool tats :)

ScreenShot19.pngScreenShot20.png

Problem Armor: sorry, after i fix

Problem Body: use x117 malebody remplacement -modesty, if you have problems with your eyes, go to Riften or use showracemenu and then change the shape or color

ehh... where you got the tattoo?

I tried the body replacement before and like you said, the eyes screwed all up.  I used showracemenu, but I couldn't change them.  They were just empty sockets.

As for the tats, you can download various addons for RaceMenu.  I'm using THEHAGS private tattoos, and Coenaculi Tattoo Parlor.

I tried the body replacement before and like you said, the eyes screwed all up.  I used showracemenu, but I couldn't change them.  They were just empty sockets.

As for the tats, you can download various addons for RaceMenu.  I'm using THEHAGS private tattoos, and Coenaculi Tattoo Parlor.

you can try playing with the textures of the mod without replacing the meshes, and only use the named textures malebody

I tried to update and all my old saves won't load. I'm 100% sure the problem was caused from updating the files, although I don't know if I did something wrong somewhere.

I do not think these files are the cause of your problem, because you only replace the original files

You can check back to download RCOTS-armorpack, if the problem were that'd fix it so you comment

If you give more details maybe we could help you solve your problem

I tried to update and all my old saves won't load. I'm 100% sure the problem was caused from updating the files, although I don't know if I did something wrong somewhere.

I do not think these files are the cause of your problem, because you only replace the original files

You can check back to download RCOTS-armorpack, if the problem were that'd fix it so you comment

The exact orden that caused the issue was:

Updating the RCOTS mod

Updating this mod

I went back to old files (luckily I always back up folders before modifying them) and it worked again, then I did the updating again and got the same problem. Finally, I reverted again to the old files, then updated RCOTS and then updated only the textures folder from these files and only then it worked.

I really wanted to get rid of naked children so this update was important to me.

First of all, sorry but I've been so busy not answering before

The exact orden that caused the issue was:

Updating the RCOTS mod
Updating this mod

I went back to old files (luckily I always back up folders before modifying them) and it worked again, then I did the updating again and got the same problem. Finally, I reverted again to the old files, then updated RCOTS and then updated only the textures folder from these files and only then it worked.

I really wanted to get rid of naked children so this update was important to me.

According to what you mention rather the problem was with the new version of RCOTS and replacements, I could check if the new version works properly but at first glance I do not see any reason why not

Another possibility is that the new version of RCOTS not work properly with your previous saves, so any replacements would have no relation to the problem

Anyone else will have gone through this problem with the new version of RCOTS?

So, JuSkyriman, I was sorta wondering how difficult it would be for you to do what you've done here with Skykids armor.

I have seen that work well with skykids, just have to put the replacement in the folder with the appropriate name

Maybe later include an appropriate replacement for skykids but I require time to see that they work properly

I have seen that work well with skykids, just have to put the replacement in the folder with the appropriate name

Maybe later include an appropriate replacement for skykids but I require time to see that they work properly

I thought Rcots was required to use your armor.  That's what MO is telling me anyway.  That won't be an issue if I change the folder name?  Where should it go?

I thought Rcots was required to use your armor.  That's what MO is telling me anyway.  That won't be an issue if I change the folder name?  Where should it go?

Some skykids package name does not match those of RCOTS, so I put as required RCOTS

You must ensure that the name of the folders, textures and meshes also correspond to that used in Skykids

But because they are different mods is possible that some armor not work properly if you try on your own you must be careful to validate one by one the armor

if you can wait until Sunday I think I could have some armor ready and tested operating in Skykids

Yesterday check the copatibilidad of armor and this is what I found

1 - Armor work correctly with SK
2 - To make it work you have to put the replacement in the folder that corresponds to the skykids - armorswap folder. example:
        What's in the wallet replacement meshes\RCOTS - Armorpack\armor\iron must be placed in the folder

meshes\skykids - armorswap\child\armor\iron\male of the game
3 - Then you have to run the program that includes SKArmorPatcher.jar SK mod to effect replacement

I will not make a version for SK because I have to run to work SKArmorPatcher.jar replacement and if something goes wrong could not give support to solve

If you are interested in a version for SK better ask him to SK made ​​the mod , they can better support it . I really know very little so I can only do replacements , sorry

Another option would be to ask Grestorn who said he was interested in making a version for SK

For me there is no problem if someone wants to adapt these replacements SK

Ah, well thanks a lot, Grestorn.  Not sure I want to go back to the Rcots body mesh tho.  That's the one with the dark little undefined nipples, right?  That's one of the reasons I'm playing mostly SK these days, to get away from that.