Mesh Rigger (Skyrim, Fallout, Oblivion) Beta.89.f (10-26-2014)

It does then conversion and after fixing bslightingshaderproperty and loading the nif causes the creation kit to crash when trying to view the nif.

OK, I'm testing an update now.

The skin partition data wasn't getting copied over from the template.  That's now fixed.

Unfortunately, a bug that has been resolved for the ordinary bone copy has re-appeared when the delete existing rigging option is enabled.  I'm investigating now, but it's a puzzle.

Tested Version 11 again, the creating process  is mutch longer so I think Version 13 does not create a mesh.

Both versions turn off  all Windows at the end, so I can not see or post any messages.

Edit: only tested Oblivion meshes.

Would you be willing to send me the files you are working on and your settings file.

I'm definitely seeing mesh creation here.

OK, Beta 13.A has been released

This update fixes the two identified issues in the Beta 13 release.

Beta 0.13 to 0.13.A:

1. Crash when processing Oblivion meshes has been resolved

2. Crash when 'Delete Existing Rigging' is enabled has been resolved

A new Bug has been identified.

1. 'Delete Existing Rigging' causes the position of the meshes to be reset to the node bind location.  Cause is undetermined at this time.  Note: This only applies if 'Delete Existing Rigging' is enabled.

I've ran into two problems with rigging for Skyrim. The helmet that I'm trying to rig seems to be missing a few bones in the BSDismemberSkinInstance. The other issue I'm having is trying to rig a hood I get the following as an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\mesh_rigger.py", line 187, in <module>
    Main()
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\mesh_rigger.py", line 183, in Main
    process_morph(base_file, bone_list, morph_dict)
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\mesh_rigger.py", line 119, in process_morph
    save_file(target_nif, test_file, targets_found, current_settings, morph_dict
 = morph_dict)
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\kg\file_util.py", line 91, in save_file
    target_mesh.save(file_name, current_settings, morph_dict = morph_dict)
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\kg\file_util.py", line 854, in save
    self.rebuildSkinInstance()
  File "C:\Users\ejj\Bones\kg\file_util.py", line 483, in rebuildSkinInstance
    this_part.part_flag.pf_editor_visible = kg.data_sets.partition_dict[self.gam
e][this_part.body_part]['pf_editor_visible']
KeyError: 131

I'm sending you the files so you can take a look.

does this require PyFFI to be installed?

which properties should the template-nif have for best results? (oblivion)

first i'll try to convert some meshes into my favourite HGEC body.

edit: ok, started the tool and made a upperbody and a lowerbody template, but also wanted to make a fullbody template, when i stumbled upon something strange:

upperbody is a NiTriStrips

lowerbody is a NiTriShape

they have different material properties and it just looks odd, because of different levels of glossiness.

even deleting the material properties of one of them and replacing them with the other one's doesnt make any change.

maybe is should use a different body then...

That's an excellent suggestion. At the moment, I'm working on building out the HDT support within the tool.

The development beta is getting close, but the tool is not yet compatible with HDT.

Essentially, the tool needs to copy the full parent-child relationships in an arbitrary skeleton, but also preserve the proper displacement and orientation of its meshes. This is made surprisingly complicated in Skyrim because, for some odd reason, the vast majority of Skyrim meshes store object displacement as an inverse transform in all of the bones that are children of the mesh object.

So, Hopefully soon.

A lack of knowledge is good, actually.

The idea is that if everything is working properly the tool should just *work*.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to explain what you need to know.

A lack of knowledge is good, actually.

The idea is that if everything is working properly the tool should just *work*.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to explain what you need to know.

This tool is phenomenal.

I just had to share my experience. I don't know anything about rigging a mesh.

I can barely use Blender, but within an hour I had a fully rigged BBP mesh working in game.

I always liked the SCBE body, but the author hasn't gotten around to adding BBP or TBBP.

It took several trials.  My problem was the template I was using for TBBP was making little horns protrude from the bottom of the breasts.

I assumed this was because the template had much larger breasts than the target or it was the secondary bones.

I chose a more suitable donor (Dream Girl BBP) but it only has the single left and right breast bones.

This worked perfectly for the breasts. I then copied the butt bones from the first template and viola!

Do you see any flaws in my procedure, or how should I have gone about this?

Thanks for the tools.

I think that sounds about right.

In  v.13 of Mesh Rigger a good template mesh should have two very important characteristics.

It should have approximately the same body style as the mesh that you are rigging.  They don't need to be exact, but in general, the tool works best if the breasts occupy roughly the same space.

The other characteristic is a bit tougher to detect.  The template and target nif should use the same method to position the mesh relative to the world.  For most games, this isn't an issue.  For Skyrim, well, Skyrim does it the hard way.  You don't really need to worry about exactly what this means, I'm testing an update to Mesh Rigger that should automatically deal with the 'bad bones' issue. But for now, if you use mesh rigger and end up with a mesh that is improperly displaced in the world, try using a different template..

Still don't know how to use the actual Version so these meshes are made with Version 13c.

I copied/pasted the new weighted penis in the original Body mesh (so no Body seams)

post-3205-0-20373900-1390361881_thumb.jpg NormalAnimFuta.nif and NormalAnimPenis.nif

textures/ NiMaterialProperty set to material, so the mesh use my horse dick/Satyr futa  textures. Does not look good with some races. ( must create Body textures with horse dick part/section.

ANI HORSE PENIS.7z only the meshes. create your own race textures.

In game

post-3205-0-07465300-1390362360_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-03413800-1390362389_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-90072100-1390362415_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-31325300-1390362442_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-58152700-1390362460_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-03508600-1390362483_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-38317400-1390362501_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-45973900-1390362527_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-87314400-1390362547_thumb.jpg post-3205-0-29356700-1390362571_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

There are a few bug fixes here and there. I need to compile them into a changelog. For now, the main update is the ability to paint meshes using 'Rigid' weighpainting. It's a bit complex on the back-end, but the basic idea is that rigidly painted meshes will move in response to animations, but won't deform the way that they do for normal weightpainting.