[WIP] Alternative Riding Styles [Developement/Idea thread]

fingerscrossed

Fantastic work. Great concept and 2.4 seems to have no serious glitches. Just a few alignment issues as far as I saw, which can be attributed to a number of non-related variables. It would be nice to have some sort of sliders or way of adjusting position to support compatibility for multiple bodies and sizes. If I wasn't positive that it's probably dirty as can be and still work, I would say it's fairly deep into Beta. I mean, most mount mods I've installed in the past caused flying horses at one point or another. Mounts are a pretty unstable portion of creationkit from what I've seen.

Just for specifics to be as helpful as possible, The frost elemental dude had me riding inside of him rather than in front of him right off the bat.

The horse caused me to slide forward in relation to him if I went over any ledges.

The same was true for the wolf as I was riding on his face towards the end.

As far as I could see, the giant was the most stable, but I didn't go over any dramatic ledges with him so previously mentioned glitches probably apply.

I use a custom Sevenbase bombshell pregnant body through body slide with the latest groovtma xpmse

Hope you don't get overworked and good job so far. Wish I could be more help.

I've been seeing people asking for any updates/etc.  I just realized that the latest version I had posted was from before the site transfer and therefore I need to reupload things.  However, I have been working on making some changes to backend/SkyUI things.

I'll try and post the updated version sometime next week.

I've been seeing people asking for any updates/etc.  I just realized that the latest version I had posted was from before the site transfer and therefore I need to reupload things.  However, I have been working on making some changes to backend/SkyUI things.

Nice. No need to rush. Take your time with it.

Exciting.

I found a bug. No exact source, but I dismounted from the horse, uninstalled the mod, ran FNIS and if I load any save from after installing this mod, I cant move the cursor on the y-axis in 1st Person and if I switch to 3rd Person the camera goes to some random place, as far away from the character as the distance from whiterun to winterhold.

EDIT:

Fixed it. If anyone else has this bug, use the command "tc" on the player until it says "Actor is now controls-driven" or something like that.

Update: The problem is still there, I have to type player.tc twice every time I load up a save, it gets really annoying really quickly. Uninstalling and save cleaning doesn't help.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I found a bug. No exact source, but I dismounted from the horse, uninstalled the mod, ran FNIS and if I load any save from after installing this mod, I cant move the cursor on the y-axis in 1st Person and if I switch to 3rd Person the camera goes to some random place, as far away from the character as the distance from whiterun to winterhold.

EDIT:

Fixed it. If anyone else has this bug, use the command "tc" on the player until it says "Actor is now controls-driven" or something like that.

Update: The problem is still there, I have to type player.tc twice every time I load up a save, it gets really annoying really quickly. Uninstalling and save cleaning doesn't help.

Anyone know how to fix this?

I have absolutely no idea.  I've never had a problem with this, and I don't think anyone else has reported similar problems.  Sorry.

Would it be possible to add trolls to the repertoire of mounts?

Trolls are definitely possible.  If I recall correctly, trolls and Werewolves use either the same or very similar skeletons and therefore could probably use the same or similar animations without too much adjustment.

Eta on when a download will be available? 

I was hoping to get it done two days ago, since I'm currently in the process of traveling.  Will try to get it posted once I'm back home.

I was terrified you weren't coming back. I don't really remember why, but I'm glad to see development hasn't stopped entirely.

I just tend to disappear.  And then I come back and make insincere promises about finishing things, so it's like I've disappeared.

Small suggest gentleman,you know our heroine was usually fabricated in body shape so it's hard to fit the horse properly,perhaps a function that adjust the female body position slightly aligning together will be popular?

I've been working on how manage that.  I think I've got an idea how to do this, using NetImmerse Override, but I will have to figure all of that out first.  But yes, that is currently something I am planning on doing.

I'm using the most recent version, but the animations aren't working. All mounting of creatures is the same as if it were a generic horse. I've ran FNIS, and have the FNIS Spells, FNIS Creatures, and FNIS addon running. Is FNIS not picking up the most recent animations? Or am I possibly doing something wrong.

Small suggest gentleman,you know our heroine was usually fabricated in body shape so it's hard to fit the horse properly,perhaps a function that adjust the female body position slightly aligning together will be popular?

I've been working on how manage that.  I think I've got an idea how to do this, using NetImmerse Override, but I will have to figure all of that out first.  But yes, that is currently something I am planning on doing.

Animative news,I like it.

The method adjusting body position in SL with hotkey probably provide something useful,anyhow,excellent MOD and wait for your success~

I'm using the most recent version, but the animations aren't working. All mounting of creatures is the same as if it were a generic horse. I've ran FNIS, and have the FNIS Spells, FNIS Creatures, and FNIS addon running. Is FNIS not picking up the most recent animations? Or am I possibly doing something wrong.

The same as yours.

The same as yours.

I appear to have screwed something up somewhere (since it is working for me and not for others, and it was working in previous releases).  I'll try and take a look at it later today to figure it out and reupload.

Hello ! Very nice mod ! Thanks a lot !

Just a question about the Frost Astronach... When i mount it, it doesn't look like in your screenshots... My character appears to be "in" the Astronach ? Other animations work fine ! Love the giant one !

Is it normal or did i make a mistake somewhere ?

Hello ! Very nice mod ! Thanks a lot !

Just a question about the Frost Astronach... When i mount it, it doesn't look like in your screenshots... My character appears to be "in" the Astronach ? Other animations work fine ! Love the giant one !

Is it normal or did i make a mistake somewhere ?

can you post a pic of what it looks like? That makes it a lot easier to determine what's wrong.

Archived