No links to feet in XPMS, how to set IK?

Guest kimbale

Guest kimbale

Hello,

I'm trying to do some animations. I've fought through getting everything set up properly in 3dsmax 2011, stuff imports and exports smoothly now.

So i want to animate - just to find out that i can't IK link the feet to the hips on the XPMS. There are no links, so IK won't work and i'd have adjust the feet seperately...

Here's a screenshot showing the problem:

post-177332-0-38732600-1388343706_thumb.png

So, do i just set up a link between the knees and the feet and set a IK chain through that? Or do i have to do something more fancy?

I've never done anything involving skeleton editing, so i thought the havoc tools would have problems with new links i'd set up...

Thanks in advance for any help!

kimbale

Guest kimbale

i think you need to link the feet to upper leg part, to have the leg use IK correctly not hips if you do the hips then leg will force the other leg a bit up when you use the ik on the other leg.

Well, i've tried that - and still no IK chains over non-existant links, even from the calf bones.

I have a striped down XPMS skeleton, i removed most of the bones i did not need for rigging and linked all the ones that were not nested.

yaekwde2f7ex7d67g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff4m8h8g2zwdgwn/Skeleton.max

^ i saved it as 2011 for you. i have not set up any IK solvers or anything like that as i just use it to fit and weight armour/whatever.

If it works but you need the bones i removed let me know and ill try linking the bones for you.

Guest kimbale

I have a striped down XPMS skeleton, i removed most of the bones i did not need for rigging and linked all the ones that were not nested.

yaekwde2f7ex7d67g.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ff4m8h8g2zwdgwn/Skeleton.max

^ i saved it as 2011 for you. i have not set up any IK solvers or anything like that as i just use it to fit and weight armour/whatever.

If it works but you need the bones i removed let me know and ill try linking the bones for you.

Thanks for sharing! I'll try it out next time. I'd need the TBBP bones (breast and butt bones) though, i want to make some sex anims too.

It has the all the breast and butt bones as well as the schlong and pussy bones.

The ones i removed are the hair, cloak, wings and the ones set up for a mod that adds dismemberment.

I also removed weapon nodes.

There are a few bones in there that might cause you some issues like some spines have CME at the beginning of there name and sit in between the proper spines. I think they where added for ECE to of set bone scaling or something, don't know if they will be a problem if your animating..

There are also some other bones that i left as they never got in my way when rigging.

Guest kimbale

Unfortunately the havoc tools need all the bones to not fuck up the animation... I've tried with Vioxsis' skeleton but it won't export.

I'll check out those custom skeletons for blender next.

It has the all the breast and butt bones as well as the schlong and pussy bones.

The ones i removed are the hair, cloak, wings and the ones set up for a mod that adds dismemberment.

I also removed weapon nodes.

There are a few bones in there that might cause you some issues like some spines have CME at the beginning of there name and sit in between the proper spines. I think they where added for ECE to of set bone scaling or something, don't know if they will be a problem if your animating..

There are also some other bones that i left as they never got in my way when rigging.

As long as the ECE ones are not used in the animation they are no problem^^ Ok, they are not mapped at all so you will not see them in game but be careful if you do the animations or else the animation itself may go wrong.

Archived