Create a forum for Fallout 3

lukaslunt

Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?

NV doesn't have its own section in the forums either. Enough with this idea that FO3's treated like a stepchild already.

Seriously. All this hooptydo about "why doesn't FO3 have it's own section?" when NV/FO3 being combined means that NV doesn't have it's own either.

There isn't an Anti-Fallout 3 bias here, there just aren't many people actively developing for Fallout 3 here. I've seen some FO3 mods posted here and they are always welcome. Just because it doesn't have its own section doesn't mean Fallout 3 related files are unwelcome. Honestly I'm sure many people would welcome more Fallout 3 stuff around here.

Then again your attitude concerning "leachers" as you call people is abhorrent. Most Modders create their Mods for as many people as possible to enjoy. If you kicked out all the "leachers" then what would be the point of even modding? Yes I know some people mod solely for themselves but I'm referring to the majority who really want everyone to enjoy their hard work.

LL nor the fallout modding community at LL have any particular bias against FO3, and neither our number of FO3 mods nor the site structure are any proof of that.

The bodies, clothes etc mods are perfectly compatible with both games, give or take an esp, perfect candidates for a shared section imo. And nobody can help that Sexout is actively developed while Sexus is not. I assume that is why people keep suggesting NV gets preferential treatment despite the forums being shared - well, what do you expect? A robust, maintained framework is likely to have more mods made for it than one that's not. But you can have sexout for FO3 if you go TTW. Problem solved, imo. For any future modding of FO3 that's heavily reliant on scripting - frameworks, functionalities, and quests - that's going to become the standard due to NVSE being more advanced than FOSE. I loved FO3, and if I can get a move on finishing some projects, I'll gladly return to playing it, within TTW, so that I can run sexout and a bunch of other stuff that's gonna use the new nvse features with it.

Which brings me to my second point: mods don't make themselves. Nobody is required to make any particular mod. We can't force people to mod, and you can only work on so many at the same time. We can only remind people that if they don't like what's on offer here, they're perfectly welcome to add mods of their own. We've got a good rep for helping people do that too. By all means, anyone else but those already busy: start working on updating FOSE, make an FO3-only framework mod, make content mods that use it, then we'll talk about this section thing, which is a non-issue that people read far too much into. The truth does not speak for itself, because it can't call itself truth. What side, FO3 v FNV, the community stands on is not clearly known, and in my opinion there shouldn't even be sides. I'm also not sure what the poll's votes even prove - do we take into account all the people who don't care about this separate section idea anyway, and don't vote because of that? Add a few thousand to "No" then.

Fallout modding at LL is not dead. Quite a few new faces around since I started, making the mods they wanted to see made. Which is the only way things get done, not by making a fuss over site layout or claiming to be shortchanged on the mods that aren't made by the people making the mods that are.

What Doc said, I have no problem adapting my mods to TTW if the information I need is supplied by users of it, but to rewrite my mods to suit FO3 using FOSE & Sexus instead of NVSE & Sexout can't be done because there's no frame work, and also because I really just don't have the time or interest to do so. Many other modders here are in the same boat. And any clothing etc mods are easily ported either way by anyone with little GECK experience.

Devils Advocate.. not necessarally my own opinion but I can see:

That Skyrim has its own froum with all the techsupport sections etc

Oblivion as well

Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 share a forum.

I believe that is all that was proposed by the OP. To have a separate forum. A separate Forum would help stimulate development or additions of mods.

Opposite side.

FO3 can be accessed with the newer engine of FNV.

NVSE has a more advanced scripts. running than FOSE. More can be done

Sexout is part of NV and is actively developed by Pride Slayer, as well as updates to NVSE, Extender, and FOMM. It is the more advanced and capable framework than Sexus is.

Spacewise and computability wise. Many FO3 textures and such can be transferred to FNV with just a little effort.

The above is likely the reason for the combination of the two games. If FO3 is to get its own section it would need to have members here, ( or come here) that develop for that section. I have every confidence if this happened and some major framework similar to Sexout was developed for FO3. Ashal wouldn't mind creating a separate section for it.

Archived