Create a forum for Fallout 3

lukaslunt

Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?

Sexout did not have separate section till many mods where released. Before there was only new vegas/fallout 3 adult and non adult section.

When sexout picked up and more and more mods got released then the decision to have it have separate section occurred. So maybe if allot of fallout 3 mods gets released like what happened to sexout then new section will be created till then this is only you will get.

I agree with D_ManXX2.

Build it and they will come. .. lol.

Start modding the crap out of FO3 and soon Ashal will have to create a subsection for it. Until then I wouldn't hold my breath..

Now if NVSE could be modded to work with FO3 then we'd be in heaven as everything would easily port over :)

And we wouldn't be stuck with the broken NV GECK.

Hmm having never used the GECK in FO3 mode, I can't say what the differences are, but having used GECKPU, I find it usable but still annoying at times. Do the extra 20 or so functions added to GECK for NV really break it that much? Or do you meant there's an altenative editor to GECK available that requires NVSE?

The FO3 Geck doesn't support a handfull of NV functions but the mechanics are almost 100% the same.  My major beef with the NV Geck is doing cell creation.  The render widow is borked in a lot of NV interiors cells (at least for me it is) and toggling Havok on and off never did work.  The ONLY problem I ever had with the FO3 Geck was scripts with new globals not 3.compiling, but FO3 Edit can fix that.  The reason I never made mods for NV like I did for FO3 IS the Geck.  And I can't get LOD or hirght mapping to work for NV and it always did for FO3.

I agree with D_ManXX2.

Build it and they will come. .. lol.

Start modding the crap out of FO3 and soon Ashal will have to create a subsection for it. Until then I wouldn't hold my breath..

Now if NVSE could be modded to work with FO3 then we'd be in heaven as everything would easily port over :)

Yea it would be so nice if someone was able to create a version of the NVSE that worked with the FO3 engine...

Guest carywinton

Sexout got a separate section because it is the reason this community exists. It is the "pet project" of "LL". It's popularity had very little to do with it. :cool:

Incorrect, LL exists due to Lovers with PK. :P

Lovers was the first adult mod on here when the site was created :)

Ah yes Lovers with PK, almost forgot about that one, gee that ancient game has it's own thread seems odd Fallout 3 does not. There are still many mods that have been released very recently for Fallout 3, they just did not choose to release them here. Quo Vagis is one such mod that comes to mind.

Guest carywinton

The FO3 Geck doesn't support a handfull of NV functions but the mechanics are almost 100% the same.  My major beef with the NV Geck is doing cell creation.  The render widow is borked in a lot of NV interiors cells (at least for me it is) and toggling Havok on and off never did work.  The ONLY problem I ever had with the FO3 Geck was scripts with new globals not 3.compiling, but FO3 Edit can fix that.  The reason I never made mods for NV like I did for FO3 IS the Geck.  And I can't get LOD or hirght mapping to work for NV and it always did for FO3.

So what would be the direction to go to get FO3 and it's version of GECK to support these all so wonderful functions that apparently has this community in awe over NVSE? Seems to me, if it can be coded for NV, it could also be for FO3 since the engine is almost exactly the same. Really if anyone thinks Obsidian did anything to improve it over Fallout 3 Gamebryo, I would have to seriously disagree, Obsidian's history has been quite to the contrary, but I am open for suggestions and feedback and I will seriously start to look deeper into NVSE and see what makes it so magical, that it cannot be done in FO3. I totally agree with the cell issue on FNV, that is a pain in the ass, I worked on one area of assets for a new cell for nearly four hours one night and had it freaking crash as soon as I went to render it, so yeah I am with you on that and it was a completely new cell, not an exiting one. Pride has been working pretty diligently on NVSE and some new NX functions, perhaps I will get with him and see if he can give me some direction on this, good idea Kendo, I can always count on you to inspire motivation.

Sexout got a separate section because it is the reason this community exists. It is the "pet project" of "LL". It's popularity had very little to do with it. :cool:

Incorrect, LL exists due to Lovers with PK. :P

Lovers was the first adult mod on here when the site was created :)

Ah yes Lovers with PK, almost forgot about that one, gee that ancient game has it's own thread seems odd Fallout 3 does not. There are still many mods that have been released very recently for Fallout 3, they just did not choose to release them here. Quo Vagis is one such mod that comes to mind.

Actually it was due to lovers with pk why this side even came to be.

Fallout came much later. When everything settled down.

You are probably correct and NVSE can be use with FO3. NVSE if memory serves me correctly is open source and can be accessed and modified as needed. If you are interested perhaps someone here would be able to give the info to access it. I am sure that many here would welcome any progress in making it possible to port mods with scripts and perhaps even sexout itself to FO3.

No what he means votes are not enough you need to make new stuff for fallout 3 to justify a new forum section. HDT has a new forum section because it became very popular in a very small amount of time. it needs to be something everyone benefits.

so far there is no reason to have fallout 3 since you have TTW witch is still basically new Vegas.

So start cranking up mods and you will get a separate section. Till then it is only a wish list.

Guest endgameaddiction

If JoshNZ would of came to LL and had support with AP, it would not only expanded the mod, it could of given Fallout 3 its own section. Considering it was a one man band thing, I give him props. Animations is one of the hardest if not the hardest thing to do, which is why on any game that involves mods, animation is the most uncommon.

Back on XI I used to hang out with modders and one of them I knew did animations. And XI uses .dat format instead. And most of those .dat files that involved animations had more than one animation in them, which made it much harder to animate. I think .dat files are one of the worst for that reason. And correct me if I'm wrong, I think the mesh and textures were combined too as everything was in .dat format for that game.

• 2 months later...

When is this Going to take Effect?

This Should have Honesty happened when Fallout NV came out.

Its sad to see so many people loose motivation for a project targeted at one of the two games.

I would like to believe that this is also why there is a lot less activity than the other game forums due to this, when i joined this site i checked it out and saw how jumbled up it was and avoided it till about this year. 

I hope too see Progress Soon on this movement.

When is this Going to take Effect?

This Should have Honesty happened when Fallout NV came out.

Its sad to see so many people loose motivation for a project targeted at one of the two games.

I would like to believe that this is also why there is a lot less activity than the other game forums due to this, when i joined this site i checked it out and saw how jumbled up it was and avoided it till about this year. 

I hope too see Progress Soon on this movement.

This site started as a Oblivion only site I believe.

It started with more NV mods than FO3 mods, TTW is the main reason FO3 mods are coming back I think.

I also think it be better to see a FO3 Forum to see projects that are in the works, problems, ideas etc.

without WIP's people might be lost on how to make mods for fallout.

I find a lot more of my problems answered from WIP's more than using Google to find one (and usually there out of date ones that offer no help due to old programs or missing pictures).

If a Fallout 3 forum happens, i have a few mod projects i would love to post on it.

but till then i will post Fallout 3/NV things only.

• 3 weeks later...

I would hardly call the non-modding members of LL "leachers" not everyone is cut out to be a modder, you can't have a community purely composed of modders, many of us modders started out as "leachers".

There's no need for LL to be taken as a serious Nexus competitor as I suspect we are quite happy to stay in the niche Sex Mods market the others will never touch I suspect. If we got as big as Nexus it starts to become about money.

TTW seems to be the way FO3 stuff is headed, with most Sex stuff needing NVSE and the NV engine. 

Well feel free to upload your own mods here, but if you don't you are probably in your own words only a "leacher" :P

Some of the people you term 'leachers" are quite good for helping with suggestions for mods, tutorials and bugfinding.

FO3 here has it's own download section, you can't make people go back to playing older games, might as well complain about the lack of support for Wasteland, FO1 & 2 mods :)

Archived