Create a forum for Fallout 3

lukaslunt

Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in creating a forum for Fallout 3 in order to better see the creation Sexus (Watch my application well before voting.)?

Guest endgameaddiction

@TheLordofMist

Not entirely. Fallout 3 has very well made mods. However, some really good mods have been taken down by the author themselves or because of Nexus.

I agree and wish that FOSE was remade just as good as NVSE, but I'm not an expert in this area so I don't know if it has to do with the game's mechanics or just poor physics. I don't think Fallout 3 will die. It might die to me for the sole purpose if the next Fallout sequel becomes mediocre. Even then I can't say it'll die, I will take a long break form it. I will have to force myself to get into TES. And it's not that I don't think Oblivion or Skyrim looks cool or anything I took a step away from medieval games for a reason. Having played Fallout 3 for a bit with TTW recently; Basically on FNV's game engine, I notably saw the gain in graphics. Kinda felt like my first time playing FO3 again. I have to say that was probably the only thing as of right now that I miss from TTW. But because I've had several complications with it, I've put it to the side until I see a more stable version out. But due to the size of the whole file, it's going to be quite a while before seeing a version out of Beta. I can patiently wait. Maybe.

@TheLordofMist

Not entirely. Fallout 3 has very well made mods. However, some really good mods have been taken down by the author themselves or because of Nexus.

I agree and wish that FOSE was remade just as good as NVSE, but I'm not an expert in this area so I don't know if it has to do with the game's mechanics or just poor physics. I don't think Fallout 3 will die. It might die to me for the sole purpose if the next Fallout sequel becomes mediocre. Then I will have to force myself to get into TES. And it's not that I don't like Oblivion or Skyrim, I took a step away from medieval games for a reason. Having played Fallout 3 for a bit with TTW. Basically on FNV's game engine, I notably saw the gain in graphics. Kinda felt like my first time playing FO3 again. I have to say that was probably the only thing as of right now that I miss from TTW. But because I've had several complications with it, I've put it to the side until I see a more stable version out. But due to the size of the whole file, it's going to be quite a while before seeing a version out of Beta. I can patiently wait. Maybe.

It's mostly lack of interrest, time, and the need to get "inside" the engine and find where every functionality is. There should not be anything in NVSE that cannot be done in FOSE, as long as the base functionality is built in the engine.

Today there are still  people requesting functionalities for OBSE, for either FOSE or NVSE, the support hread has been dead for years. No requests, no reall life time, nothing.

How does TTW currently make use of both fallout3 and new vegas at the same time ?? if fallout 3 can use nvse through TTW then Fallot 3 have the possibility to make same mods as new Vegas.

Does TTW still use Fose for fallout 3 ??

TTW basically uses FO3 & its DLCS as mods to an FNV game, so yeah it's NVSE. Which is why I keep advising people to use TTW instead of requesting FO3 ports of sexout and other crazy stuff like that which would need massive fose updates ;)

so if it uses nvse should that not negate any use of Fose at all ?? if you can force fallout 3 to use nvse since nvse is advanced form of Fose. Then  this will make sure more advanced mods are able to be created for fallout 3.

I only wish there will be TTW for Oblivion working under skyrim engine. I can't stand the old graphics of oblivion.

Guest endgameaddiction

My only true issue with TTW at the moment is trying to get Fallout 3 mods to work for it. I have no idea if merging the masters and plugins with FNV.esm will work. And I've only managed to get one fallout 3 plugin to merge. The rest keep staying stuck on the load for over 30mins.... I don't recall FNV GECK benig that that lame...

I don't see how people can say FO3 is dying with the active projects going on. Quo Vagis, MZC, etc. It's true the constant flow of small mods has slowed to a crawl, but oblivion gets it's own forum despite almost every new release being either a rip, a re release, or another anime maid outfit. 

Even if FO3 doesn't get it's own forum, there at least has to be a requirement for every thread's title to state if it's concerning 3 or NV.

My only true issue with TTW at the moment is trying to get Fallout 3 mods to work for it. I have no idea if merging the masters and plugins with FNV.esm will work. And I've only managed to get one fallout 3 plugin to merge. The rest keep staying stuck on the load for over 30mins.... I don't recall FNV GECK benig that that lame...

You don't merge anything.

"All" you have to is load the plugin in FNVEdit and run the conversion script. Once it is done, reload in GECK and recompile everything.

Guest endgameaddiction

You don't merge anything.

"All" you have to is load the plugin in FNVEdit and run the conversion script. Once it is done, reload in GECK and recompile everything.

Alright, I'll give that a try.

Catergory functions too.

Sorry, but I don't understand also.

Much of what makes FO3 and FNV different are these:

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Category:Functions

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/Scripting_for_Beginners

The GECK for both games have plenty of issues that make complex scripting a pain in the arse, FO3 especially. In TTW, it is the best direction to go to enjoy both games since upgrading FO3 assets is a lot easier to achieve than downgrading FNV ones. Between the two there are enough differences in both the game engines and the GECKs to give anyone a serious headache, like "Why does the same function from one game differ from the other when it's supposed to have the same effect?". I gave up wracking my defective brain trying to sort a few issues once before, so no, I can't REALLY define all the errors between them that can crop up, but they're plentiful enough, and I salute the TTW team and their modding allies for what they've done so far.

And yes. I truly like FO3 better than FNV as well, since the post-apocalyptic atmosphere seems to....fit better. The only really likeable aspects of FNV that come close to this are the two DLC's, Old World Blues (favorite!) and Lonesome Road (just the setting and scenery, mostly).

Had to mod the shit out of the desert for more things to kill (and be killed by... :D ) to get more out of NV....

The problem I repeat this is not TTW works with all version of Fallout NV. Can then either install all otherwise it is useless. I will not buy a game in English to be able to play then have possibilitée dévelloper Fallout 3 remains the safest solution and yet most people agree with me that the opposite post here I have a question and if the directors do not want tamps but hey it's ugly happened to a game that can be very interesting to develop for modders if they get the possibility they are followed by players.

when i found this poll, i was surprised, because i asked for this about a year ago and only got the same replies.

FNV has some content included and a modified FO3 engine, but many complain that it is far from what fallout was (regarding lore and storytelling etc.).

many mods for FNV cant simply be used for FO3 without heavy manual changes done by the player and even many clothes/armor mods use textures from FNV which not every FO3 player has.

also many other mods rely on NVSE and cant be used with FOSE.

so as those two games and their respective mods are definitely not the same and interchangeable, why can't there be a subsection in the forums for FO3?

also i dont see anyone tagging their threads/downloads according to if they are FNV or FO3.

so as those two games and their respective mods are definitely not the same and interchangeable, why can't there be a subsection in the forums for FO3?

also i dont see anyone tagging their threads/downloads according to if they are FNV or FO3.

You are right. IMHO F:3 and F:NV are different games almost like TESIII-Oblivion and TESIV-Skyrim. Well ... Almost.

So as there is realy nearly noone tagging his topic [FNV] or [F3] and as there are different download-folders for F:3 and F:NV, why not a Subforum for F:3? So ... Ok, now I've voted for this.

I don't see how people can say FO3 is dying with the active projects going on. Quo Vagis, MZC, etc. It's true the constant flow of small mods has slowed to a crawl, but oblivion gets it's own forum despite almost every new release being either a rip, a re release, or another anime maid outfit. 

Even if FO3 doesn't get it's own forum, there at least has to be a requirement for every thread's title to state if it's concerning 3 or NV.

i absolutely agree. most important would have been to ensure that everybody would use the [FO3] and [FONV] tags, but only a few peopel did that.

also there are those great mods, but it would need some modders to make them compatible with eachother or add functionality.

taking "Animated Prostitution" and any Type3/6/6M body-, armor- and clothesreplacer as a base, then FHIronsights and all the other mods you like, but most important there needs to be a mod to add the consentual sex act and rape for this to be complete. there was a mod to add sex quests, but it had a blackscreen and advanced the time and made it crash. if that were fixed to initiate AP-sex instead, what else would you want?

Fallout 3 for the good thing would be to have

Type Sexout plugin (that nameless Sexus)

Resource folder as SCR.

Brutalraper a kind plugin

Smallertalk a kind plugin

Sexoutsex a kind plugin.

They apas lot of things to do but if the site administrators not want a separate part that will be hard to get in shape.

Fallout 3 for the good thing would be to have
Type Sexout plugin (that nameless Sexus)
Resource folder as SCR.
Brutalraper a kind plugin
Smallertalk a kind plugin
Sexoutsex a kind plugin.

They apas lot of things to do but if the site administrators not want a separate part that will be hard to get in shape.

SCR is the easy one, would probably port straight over with mods to the scripts and anyone who wants to do that is welcome to do so.

The others, well grab your GECK and start coding :)

Archived