Seam Mender Beta 0.89.f (10-26-2014)

If you fit the head to the target body you'll need to adapt just one mesh (no need for the automated tool, in fact). Unless I'm completely misunderstanding your question!

That's how I read it too. Use the head as the target.

Thanks for helping both ^^ . What do you need that I shouldn't use the automated tool? I'm not really able to fit the head any other way by myself. Maybe I just understood it wrong how this tool should work then :\ . Sorry kinda newbie to this

Thanks for helping both ^^ . What do you need that I shouldn't use the automated tool? I'm not really able to fit the head any other way by myself. Maybe I just understood it wrong how this tool should work then :\ . Sorry kinda newbie to this

The real usefulness of Seam Mender comes into play when you have to process an entire wardrobe to adapt it to a particular body type, reducing (and possibly eliminating) the ordinary gaps that appear at the neck, ankles, wrists and waist. Your case is much simpler, you just have to edit the head mesh so that the neck seam matches exactly type3's neck seam. This is normally done in Blender or any other 3D modeling program which supports the .nif file format. If you never used such a program before, you'd best use Seam Mender of corse. Besides, these tools were created specifically to allow people to manipulate .nif files without resorting to Blender or similar programs.

P.S.

@ Supierce: wouldn't it be easier to use the (type3) body as target and fit the head mesh to it? Assuming that all the wardrobe is type3-compatible, that is. That's how I got it, but it's been a while since I last used Seam Mender, and I might be a little confused with terms now.

P.S.

@ Supierce: wouldn't it be easier to use the (type3) body as target and fit the head mesh to it? Assuming that all the wardrobe is type3-compatible, that is. That's how I got it, but it's been a while since I last used Seam Mender, and I might be a little confused with terms now.

Well... you normally need to make sure the head will match other existing clothes/armor. But you're right - when creating a new body, it's best to do the head just once. :)

The real usefulness of Seam Mender comes into play when you have to process an entire wardrobe to adapt it to a particular body type, reducing (and possibly eliminating) the ordinary gaps that appear at the neck, ankles, wrists and waist. Your case is much simpler, you just have to edit the head mesh so that the neck seam matches exactly type3's neck seam. This is normally done in Blender or any other 3D modeling program which supports the .nif file format. If you never used such a program before, you'd best use Seam Mender of corse. Besides, these tools were created specifically to allow people to manipulate .nif files without resorting to Blender or similar programs.

P.S.

Unfortunately like I told you I have no experience with 3d tools. So I do need to use the head as template with this program if I understood it right?

I'm not sure what to suggest anymore, due to my limited knowledge of your intentions. I would rather use the body as template, and fit the head mesh to it (and to the existing wardrobe) but try both methods, one of them will certainly give you the result you seek.

Thanks for answering! I do already tryed to use the body as template but when using the head as target I always get some errors regarding incorrect gender, that's why I asked if I should use the head as template, which in my opinion seems weird since as i understood I would get most of the armor that use a type 3 body, incompatible with head again

• 10 months later...

Using the v91b version from SetBody's Nexus page and running these files (http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/253-tgnd-body-replacer/) through it caused an error when handling following cuirasses: daedric, orcish, imperialpalace, imperialwatch, legiondragon:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\seam_mender.py", line 674, in <module>
    Main()
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\seam_mender.py", line 638, in Main
    morph_nif = None)
  File "PythonPortable\App\Scripts\kgtools\seam_mender.py", line 204, in process_nif
    target_nif = file_util.load_nif(test_file, template = template_nif, settings = c_s, morph_nif = morph_nif, init_nif = True)
  File "...\Seam Mender\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\file_util.py", line 666, in __init__
    self.process_nif(settings, init_mesh, morph_nif)
  File "...\Seam Mender\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\file_util.py", line 711, in process_nif
    self.initMeshes(init_mesh)
  File "...\Seam Mender\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\file_util.py", line 1158, in initMeshes
    this_mesh = kg.mesh_util.mesh(self, geom, full_init = init_mesh, skel_root = r, idx = idx)
  File "...\Seam Mender\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\mesh_util.py", line 453, in __init__
    self.initNormals()
  File "...\Seam Mender\PythonPortable\App\lib\site-packages\kg\mesh_util.py", line 673, in initNormals
    self.recalculateNormals(set = True, nmv = False)
TypeError: recalculateNormals() got an unexpected keyword argument 'set'

What might be the issue with these files? I'm using SetBody's TGND template and sample settings from the attached jpg, btw.

• 2 years later...

hey, anyone know how to see the error that terminates the program like above and know what those errors mean? this program generally works for me, but some combination of meshes and settings will simply not process and i have no idea what the commonality between them are.