BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

BodySlide and Outfit Studio 3.8

* General: Complete rewrite of the renderer to make use of modern techniques. 
* BodySlide: Removed multi-threaded batch build for the 32-bit executable. Only 64-bit now. 
* Outfit Studio: Vastly improved the quality of the bone weight copy (see below). 
* Outfit Studio: Added a weight copy options dialog and improved the default values. 
* Outfit Studio: Added new knobs for scaling to the transform tool, both uniform and not. 
* Outfit Studio: The S key doesn't scale shapes while the transform tool is active anymore. 
* Outfit Studio: Improved segment painting performance. 
* Outfit Studio: Manually deleting a slider now removes its data as well. 
* Outfit Studio: Fixed BSSkin::Instance target reference not being set properly (FO4). 
* Outfit Studio: Default consistency type when importing OBJ/FBX is mutable now (FO3NV/SK). 
* Outfit Studio: Fixed multiple issues with BSFadeNode roots in NIF files.

Please try out the new bone weight copy, if that's relevant to you! smile.gif
People that have tested it have reported it to be a huge improvement.

(snippy)

Please try out the new bone weight copy, if that's relevant to you! smile.gif

People that have tested it have reported it to be a huge improvement.

Happy to add - Yes it is :D

Converted Gotha Rensa Stockings (More like full leggings) CBBE BSL to UUNP Special Preset then BSL it to UNPK-+tri morph (for custom via racemenu).

OS V3.7.5, the tush and thigh areas had several issues.

BUT with Version 3.8 used 3.5 range and 3 vertexes and it's almost perfect fit, even when shifting weight back and forth on hips in idle !

Just 4 tiny spots under bum cheeks that needed a smooth(inflate).

Thank you :heart:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your continued work on this Cell. I haven't had the chance to mess with the new bone weight copy, but it is something I definitely will do. Before I always used Gerra6's tools to copy them after I did a conversion, this will hopefully eliminate that need!

Ran into a nif that gets a fatal error when I try to open in OS.

Sweet Pea Outfit found here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61400-malfdawgs-bodyslide-conversions/?do=findComment&comment=1545849

Trying to import coat, but main outfit also did not work.

Issue is with Both Original CBBE and the UUNP conversion nifs.

Interestingly, the bodyslide works so long as I don't preview, and then I can wear and see in game with no issue. 

But the BSL outfit needs some work to get looking good in game, which is why I am trying to get into OS to redo.

I can also open it in latest Nifskope 2.0 v5 and work/save with it.

Yet, when I open in OS, it shows the pauldron only then OS crashes with fatal exception error.

There was another outfit on that page, Aradia Naughty Lingerie that imported into OS and BSL just fine.

It in turn would crash my Skyrim game instantly.

Stripped the nif down to mesh and uvs and Scene root NioNode only (also removed body and cleaned up all the header strings) and then used OS to reassign bones & weights fresh.

It then worked fine in game (also added missing enviro-texture maps back in).

So i used this same stripping down process on the sweet pea outfit, thinking I could remove the issue that way.

Still crashes OS.

Have worked on so many nifs in OS from various sources.  All worked great, until this file.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Specs:

Win7 64, OS/BSL 3.8 (use 64bit exe)

Ran into a nif that gets a fatal error when I try to open in OS.

Sweet Pea Outfit found here:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61400-malfdawgs-bodyslide-conversions/?do=findComment&comment=1545849

Trying to import coat, but main outfit also did not work.

Issue is with Both Original CBBE and the UUNP conversion nifs.

Interestingly, the bodyslide works so long as I don't preview, and then I can wear and see in game with no issue. 

But the BSL outfit needs some work to get looking good in game, which is why I am trying to get into OS to redo.

I can also open it in latest Nifskope 2.0 v5 and work/save with it.

Yet, when I open in OS, it shows the pauldron only then OS crashes with fatal exception error.

There was another outfit on that page, Aradia Naughty Lingerie that imported into OS and BSL just fine.

It in turn would crash my Skyrim game instantly.

Stripped the nif down to mesh and uvs and Scene root NioNode only (also removed body and cleaned up all the header strings) and then used OS to reassign bones & weights fresh.

It then worked fine in game (also added missing enviro-texture maps back in).

So i used this same stripping down process on the sweet pea outfit, thinking I could remove the issue that way.

Still crashes OS.

Have worked on so many nifs in OS from various sources.  All worked great, until this file.

Any ideas what could cause this?

Specs:

Win7 64, OS/BSL 3.8 (use 64bit exe)

I just imported all NIFs of the outfit into OS without crashing. Maybe it's because I changed something in the code or it was pure luck, whatever.

In any case, the coat_0.nif has a NiTriShape without a name.

You HAVE to give it a name, both for OS and for the game engine to work properly.

And the suit_0.nif has two NiTriShapes that have the same name, you have to rename one of them (Bikini).

Is it normal that everytime I load my game the armor I'm wearing (some nisetaka's uunp conversions) looks like...goo? it only happens with BS armors (with generated .tri shapes). Is this a common issue? ofc, re-equiping everything fixes the problem, but still a bother.

I just imported all NIFs of the outfit into OS without crashing. Maybe it's because I changed something in the code or it was pure luck, whatever.

Thank you for checking.  Appreciate it :)

I re-downloaded all 3 files just now - the original and the 2 conversions.  Same issue with each one.

I setup another copy of bodyslide 3.8 in another directory.  Tried again.  Same issue.

FYI: am very meticulous when I clean up files with names and assignments etc.

RE coat_0.nif

The original does have missing name. 

However, both conversions have proper naming already for all NiTriShape, and it was the UUNP conversion that I stripped down, based on it showing fine in game when BSL.

I'll try again with a future version.

Thanks again!

Is it normal that everytime I load my game the armor I'm wearing (some nisetaka's uunp conversions) looks like...goo? it only happens with BS armors (with generated .tri shapes). Is this a common issue? ofc, re-equiping everything fixes the problem, but still a bother.

Something with RaceMenu and morphs, nothing to do with BodySlide.

I can't do anything from my side, but you could check if the "NiTriShapeData" of those NIF files have the mutable type "CT_STATIC" or "CT_MUTABLE", and set it to mutable in NifSkope for all shapes.

Been loving BodySlide going on a year now, and Outfit Studio for a few months.  All UUNP.

I've converted much of Art of Magicka (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1040/?) for my own purposes (it's not perfect, but it's good enough for my rather fickle taste in shapliness), but am running into a problem with the wrapped top.  The default mesh has two sections, one for the collar piece, and one for the wrap itself; when I run the conversion through BodySlide, I end up with the colors being applied to both the wrap and the collar, but I don't know my way around nifskope enough to determine what it is that BodySlide/OutfitStudio may be missing in the translation.

The wrapped top itself is from the R18Pn innerwear set (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15529/?) but I haven't tried a conversion of that yet to see if it originates there, or if it was an alteration made by AOM.

On a second note, is there a good tutorial for converting boots/gloves?

(The screenshot is a new conversion that I tried at home, changing all the CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE, as per the above post... thought it might help ^_^)

post-1072273-0-81771700-1477698237_thumb.png

In OS 3.8 when I load an outfit (outfit_1.nif) and then do Save Project As...

Leave Output File Name the default which is outfit_1.

Select Low/High Weight Output and Save.

Then Build the outfit in BS the files it generates are outfit_1_1.nif and outfit_1_0.nif

Of course I can just remove the _1 from the Output File Name when saving, but previous OS versions already did it correctly by default.

In OS 3.8 when I load an outfit (outfit_1.nif) and then do Save Project As...

Leave Output File Name the default which is outfit_1.

Select Low/High Weight Output and Save.

Then Build the outfit in BS the files it generates are outfit_1_1.nif and outfit_1_0.nif

Of course I can just remove the _1 from the Output File Name when saving, but previous OS versions already did it correctly by default.

Hmm well that's not really wrong, I had just removed a workaround before.

I added a check to remove the _0 or _1 when the target game is SK or SSE now.

Been loving BodySlide going on a year now, and Outfit Studio for a few months.  All UUNP.

I've converted much of Art of Magicka (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1040/?) for my own purposes (it's not perfect, but it's good enough for my rather fickle taste in shapliness), but am running into a problem with the wrapped top.  The default mesh has two sections, one for the collar piece, and one for the wrap itself; when I run the conversion through BodySlide, I end up with the colors being applied to both the wrap and the collar, but I don't know my way around nifskope enough to determine what it is that BodySlide/OutfitStudio may be missing in the translation.

The wrapped top itself is from the R18Pn innerwear set (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/15529/?) but I haven't tried a conversion of that yet to see if it originates there, or if it was an alteration made by AOM.

(The screenshot is a new conversion that I tried at home, changing all the CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE, as per the above post... thought it might help ^_^)

Nice, would you be willing to allow others access to the uunp conversion you made? As I quite like the aom and would love to get uunp conversion for it, and while there are a couple of cbbe conversions, there appears to be no uunp conversions, well public anyway that I can find.

Nice, would you be willing to allow others access to the uunp conversion you made? As I quite like the aom and would love to get uunp conversion for it, and while there are a couple of cbbe conversions, there appears to be no uunp conversions, well public anyway that I can find.

I wouldn't mind. Probably couldn't give much support for it (limited time) but since many of the original meshes come from UNP-something, it's been pretty straightforward... except for this one color issue I still haven't figured out.

you need to make sure the shapes in your new nif are in the same order as the original OR you need to update the armor records in CK

in other words.. when you're saving the project, move the UUNP body to the same position the original body was in

I wouldn't mind. Probably couldn't give much support for it (limited time) but since many of the original meshes come from UNP-something, it's been pretty straightforward... except for this one color issue I still haven't figured out.

That's fine, if its good enough for you to use then its pretty much good enough for me, and as I said its the only public acknowledged uunp conversion for aom, that I can see or find anyway.

Also chances are once you post the bodyslide files, somebody else may well have the time and know how to fix it up, that is if you do not mind them doing so of course.

That's fine, if its good enough for you to use then its pretty much good enough for me, and as I said its the only public acknowledged uunp conversion for aom, that I can see or find anyway.

Also chances are once you post the bodyslide files, somebody else may well have the time and know how to fix it up, that is if you do not mind them doing so of course.

Here they are. I haven't gone to a lot of work to fix it up for distribution, but I do use this directory as a mod in MO, so it should work for others to use as-is.  Credits due to Zonzai, Kalell, and UKC. Passing through his/her/their rules: this is not to be broken into parts, nor uploaded to the Steam Workshop. It is released with no warranty, etc etc etc.

Huzzah to my first public release of anything.

gfaom.zip

Here they are. I haven't gone to a lot of work to fix it up for distribution, but I do use this directory as a mod in MO, so it should work for others to use as-is.  Credits due to Zonzai, Kalell, and UKC. Passing through his/her/their rules: this is not to be broken into parts, nor uploaded to the Steam Workshop. It is released with no warranty, etc etc etc.

Huzzah to my first public release of anything.

attachicon.gifgfaom.zip

Thank you very much, I will give it a go.

You might however, want to place it as a seperate post on the forums, just to keep it from getting lost, and of course adding stuff to this thread that should not really be here.

Archived