BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

you might change your thread title to "bodyslide 2" 

I almost ignored the thread entirely because I don't use "bodyslide".

Just sayin. 

Good idea, thank you. :)

Hmmm, "Bodyslide.exe is not a valid WIN32-application error"...

Does this not run on an XP platform?

probably not. It might be 64bit.

The problem is, neither Caliente, ChronoTrigger77, Jeir or I have had an Win XP machine to test on, so we don't know. I'll report this to Caliente.

And no, it should be a 32 bit build.

Well, I tried it out through MO. It works under WIN 7-64 bit.

I'm mostly using UNP bodies now, and what struck me first is that the texture that's used doesn't suit the CBBE Advanced mesh that we have to play with. So, I could either install CBBE compatible skins, or... go play Skyrim. And, since I've still got a lot of (mod) sorting to do, that's what I'll be doing.

But, just wanted to say that it seems to be good to go on Windows-based systems (+MO).

Well, I tried it out through MO. It works under WIN 7-64 bit.

I'm mostly using UNP bodies now, and what struck me first is that the texture that's used doesn't suit the CBBE Advanced mesh that we have to play with. So, I could either install CBBE compatible skins, or... go play Skyrim. And, since I've still got a lot of (mod) sorting to do, that's what I'll be doing.

But, just wanted to say that it seems to be good to go on Windows-based systems (+MO).

You can disable textures by hitting the T key, other than that they shouldn't matter as you will have to load the UNP_1 or UNP_0 weight reference sliderset to replace the "UNP-shaped CBBE body" for the final *.nif export (yes, that's indeed the CBBE body that is morphed to look like UNP).

EDIT: Dat tech-talk.

So it would be possible to load the 7base body into the bodyslide and thus convert clothing for it and such? I've been watching the video over and over again.. hmm.. I feel unbright but I am willing to give it a try!

-C

There will be tutorials in the next days. Oh and yup. I suggest playing around with it.

So the tool wants to be installed to a working skyrim data dir. But since Mod Organizer keeps all files outside of skyrim/data/ and creates a runtime virtual dir, installing there unfortunately makes it not work as expected.

To make this tool work with Mod Organizer, the user needs to do the following:

1. start mod organizer
  2. drop down the "games and tools" list (just to the left of the run button)
  3. at the top, click edit
  4. fill out the fields for Bodyslide 2
    -  the button next to Binary is for locating the... uh... binary
    -  start in = blank
    -  no arguments. (NONE. AND THAT'S FINAL.)
  5. Click Add then OK.

Bodyslide 2 is now in your "games and tools" list. Choose it and click run. Your bodies and skinds will now be available for these apps.

Hope this helps someone.

[edit] you might also click "shortcut" under [ > Run ] and toolbar it.

Hmmmm - anyone having trouble getting it to save your presets? Loading them after re-opening the program brings up random values - not the saved ones!

Also - I cannot for the life of me work out how to copy BBP weights to a non weighted armor. Loading a weight-painted reference just plants another body on top of my armor - completely ruining my work :(

However the tool is amazing and incredibly powerful, no doubt about it - just not very straight-forward to use!  I'm sure i'll get the hang of it eventually!

Guest jenny2011

Sort of new to BodySlide, could someone explain to me the big deal behind this? Does it allow me to convert non-BBP armors to BBP or something like that?

I asked this on Nexus, but got no response, so here it goes again:

About the tutorial videos, they will be uploaded only on Caliente's YT channel? Since she said you and Jeir will be helping her, this question popped into my head. ^_^;

And, of course, thank you so much for this outstanding tool!!

Edit:

Nvm, she answered me. :D

So can I convert any outfit to the custom body I created using bodyslide++ ??

First you have to convert it to fit the CBBE base shape (which is close to, but not 100% CBBE curvy) using the Outfit Studio part of BS 2.0.

THEN you can use the BodySlide part to apply your preset. CB++ is now BS 2.0 with all of its sliders.

Archived