BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

I updated just now from an older version of bodyslide to the newest (I don't remember which one  the old was) and suddenly the newest version doesn't show any outfits or bodysliders. I know mod organizer has some role to play in this but the last version worked perfectly. Does someone konw any fixes for this or have I majorly screwd up?

Edit: oh nvm i got it working

Edit: ok, now another problem. When I build a outfit it says it's unable to build to that location and then opens the file explorer. Any idea how to fix it?

I updated just now from an older version of bodyslide to the newest (I don't remember which one  the old was) and suddenly the newest version doesn't show any outfits or bodysliders. I know mod organizer has some role to play in this but the last version worked perfectly. Does someone konw any fixes for this or have I majorly screwd up?

Edit: oh nvm i got it working

Edit: ok, now another problem. When I build a outfit it says it's unable to build to that location and then opens the file explorer. Any idea how to fix it?

Run Skyrim through the official launcher (without MO and SKSE) once so the registry entry is created, and BodySlide can read where your Skyrim is located.

Hi Cell, Thanks for all the hard work your putting into Bodyslide. Was using Bodyslide this afternoon and had a thought, could the inflate/deflate tool be modified to push/pull Faces and edges and not just vertices?. Some of the meshes came out spiky.

I don't know if that would make things any better. You can try playing around with the focus and size values of the brushes. Sometimes, the move brush is useful as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Some updates/fixed things that will be in the next BodySlide and Outfit Studio version, whenever that releases:

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/72

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/69

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/74

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/73

Instead of two preview windows, there will be one with a weight slider.

Choosing a different outfit while the preview is open now loads the new mesh, instead of closing the preview.

Some updates/fixed things that will be in the next BodySlide and Outfit Studio version, whenever that releases:

Choosing a different outfit while the preview is open now loads the new mesh, instead of closing the preview.

that pic  :s

that pic :s

You mean my avatar? :3

hi anyone have this files of the Slidersets: CBBE body.xml CBBE HDT.xml CBBE TBBP.xml for old bodyslide versión? i need that's i clean my skyrim and don't save my files, I would be grateful, sorry for my english.

Not sure what they have that the latest BodySlide doesn't.  :huh:

BodySlide itself comes with the BBP/TBBP/HDT bodies.

Sorry if it has been asked again but I have a hard time understanding the following:
I read that CBBE Bodyslide Presets (for armor f.e.) are compatible with UUNP. Same thing applies to body presets - so I can use a CBBE bodyslide body preset and create UUNP meshes with it.

So the differences about CBBE and UUNP at this point are: the polycount of the mesh, and the available textures (not taking available hdt stuff into account)...

That's correct, right?

Is there a reason to create UUNP bodyslide presets for armor then? What's the point if I can use the CBBE presets...

Sorry if it has been asked again but I have a hard time understanding the following:

I read that CBBE Bodyslide Presets (for armor f.e.) are compatible with UUNP. Same thing applies to body presets - so I can use a CBBE bodyslide body preset and create UUNP meshes with it.

So the differences about CBBE and UUNP at this point are: the polycount of the mesh, and the available textures (not taking available hdt stuff into account)...

That's correct, right?

Is there a reason to create UUNP bodyslide presets for armor then? What's the point if I can use the CBBE presets...

UUNP has more sliders (full-body sliders for all of the UNP/7B body types). So presets that make use of those can only be used with UUNP.

That's correct, right?

UUNP has more sliders (full-body sliders for all of the UNP/7B body types). So presets that make use of those can only be used with UUNP.

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions...

There's still something I don't really understand. If I use a CBBE body preset to create meshes for a CBBE armor preset, can the meshes be used using UUNP? 

For example, I'm using guk's CBBE-YT preset, created the UUNP meshes. Then I got an armor like this (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69980/?). When selecting the Body Preset and batch building the armor, I get messed up textures ingame (very likely because the armor uses a CBBE body mesh?) I checked the built armor with nifskope though and in nifskope everything looks ok...

edit: I can only use a cbbe bodyslide based preset when building the CBBE armor preset... Since the CBBE presets are compatible with UUNP, shouldn't I be able to create those too?

That's correct, right?

I hope this is the right place to ask these questions...

There's still something I don't really understand. If I use a CBBE body preset to create meshes for a CBBE armor preset, can the meshes be used using UUNP? 

For example, I'm using guk's CBBE-YT preset, created the UUNP meshes. Then I got an armor like this (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69980/?). When selecting the Body Preset and batch building the armor, I get messed up textures ingame (very likely because the armor uses a CBBE body mesh?) I checked the built armor with nifskope though and in nifskope everything looks ok...

edit: I can only use a cbbe bodyslide based preset when building the CBBE armor preset... Since the CBBE presets are compatible with UUNP, shouldn't I be able to create those too?

You can use CBBE presets on UUNP, but that doesn't change the actual mesh into a different one, it only changes its shape. If you build UUNP with a CBBE preset, it will still be UUNP, but with the shape (and only the shape) of the CBBE preset. To be fully compatible with things, armor has to be converted to either CBBE or UUNP, even if it already is one or the other.

* RaceMenu Morphs: Updated for the new version of RaceMenu (required). Morphs now have keys.

* BodySlide: Merged preview windows and added a weight slider.

* BodySlide: Now updates preview window when switching sets, instead of closing it.

* BodySlide: Slightly reduced memory and video memory usage.

* Outfit Studio: Added a new properties dialog for shapes, currently for shader/texture editing (WIP).

* Shader type, specular color/strength/power, emissive color/multiplier and texture paths.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed loading projects with externally referenced shape data.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed "Save Project As" sometimes removing textures and/or masks.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed zapping sometimes causing TRI morphs to not link to a shape properly.

* Outfit Studio: Fixed OBJ shape import applying wrong transform matrix.

Short question that might even be considered a feature request... depending if it's technically possible^^

Short background info:

So I read that CBBE bodyslide preset (f.e. for an outfit) is a "bridge" that allows people to actually use the CBBE bodyslide version, but easily convert the outfit to UUNP.

On another thread I read a post by you outlining the process of converting an outfit from CBBE to UUNP. Short summary of the steps of the process:
* load outfit
* delete body shape of the armor

* load reference body
* conform sliders

* copy bone weights

If the process ALWAYS contains these steps (assuming that you don't have to mesh-edit the outfit) can't this process be put into a batch process, just like when building the outfit/bodies or whatever. 

The pro in doing a batch process is the obvious time saving implied. A con might be, that you don't actually know if there is clipping with a specific outfit, if you never actually "see" it. A possible solution that comes to mind is to save a "screenshot" (the "engine" (or whatever is used) rendering the outfit surely allows to save an image of the current view) for each outfit loaded into the outfit studio. After the batch process you could then quickly skip threw the images (from each side) and see obvious clippings and fix them manually...

Just a thought.

* BodySlide: Now shortly renders an empty preview when switching sets.
* Outfit Studio: Fixed TRI morphs import for unpacked TRI files (such as SAM).

Short question that might even be considered a feature request... depending if it's technically possible^^

Short background info:

So I read that CBBE bodyslide preset (f.e. for an outfit) is a "bridge" that allows people to actually use the CBBE bodyslide version, but easily convert the outfit to UUNP.

On another thread I read a post by you outlining the process of converting an outfit from CBBE to UUNP. Short summary of the steps of the process:
* load outfit
* delete body shape of the armor

* load reference body
* conform sliders

* copy bone weights

If the process ALWAYS contains these steps (assuming that you don't have to mesh-edit the outfit) can't this process be put into a batch process, just like when building the outfit/bodies or whatever. 

The pro in doing a batch process is the obvious time saving implied. A con might be, that you don't actually know if there is clipping with a specific outfit, if you never actually "see" it. A possible solution that comes to mind is to save a "screenshot" (the "engine" (or whatever is used) rendering the outfit surely allows to save an image of the current view) for each outfit loaded into the outfit studio. After the batch process you could then quickly skip threw the images (from each side) and see obvious clippings and fix them manually...

Just a thought.

Stuff like this sounds like a good idea at first, but it really doesn't work that easily. Automating the conversion process even more would result in a huge mess, both from the program and from users. It's simply not something I want to support to that extent.

PS... have you ever considered the amazing Puffy and Defined sliders for inclusion in bodyslide?

True. In terms of the "making it a standard" for for example a nipple arousal mod there's a problem, though. UUNP doesn't have enough vertices for the areola and nipple to properly do all the nipple sliders for them. I actually tried once and it looked really bad compared to CBBE (yes, CBBE actually has more vertices than 7B topology (which UUNP uses) for the areola and nipple). :/

Now I suppose common sense is "if UUNP can't do it, at least do it for CBBE". I kind of want to keep the body part sliders the same for both of them, though. I'll have to try again, but I think there's just not enough vertices there for UUNP.

So did anything ever come of this? Or are puffy nips on UUNP just a lost cause?

PS... have you ever considered the amazing Puffy and Defined sliders for inclusion in bodyslide?

True. In terms of the "making it a standard" for for example a nipple arousal mod there's a problem, though. UUNP doesn't have enough vertices for the areola and nipple to properly do all the nipple sliders for them. I actually tried once and it looked really bad compared to CBBE (yes, CBBE actually has more vertices than 7B topology (which UUNP uses) for the areola and nipple). :/

Now I suppose common sense is "if UUNP can't do it, at least do it for CBBE". I kind of want to keep the body part sliders the same for both of them, though. I'll have to try again, but I think there's just not enough vertices there for UUNP.

So did anything ever come of this? Or are puffy nips on UUNP just a lost cause?

I'm very certain it won't work properly on any UNP-based meshes. They just don't have enough vertices for the areola and nipple, compared to even CBBE.

Unless you want a square-shaped areola. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pardon if the following has already been asked/answered as I couldn't find any answers/solutions searching here or on the web.

I installed via MO and, becausae I use the Demonized UNP BASE body, I checked both the UUNP options. After installing, I manually ran the executable and built the UUNP body w/ standard UNP - UUNP slider settings. When using racemenu in-game, however, I find that the act of touching any slider will introduce gaps into my character's wrists.

I'm at a loss here, have read the instructions, FAQ, troubleshooting material... the mod has helped me create the body I was hoping for (thank you!) but these wrist gaps are terrible!

imgurDOTcom/Baek4Vc

EDIT: note that I ran BodySlide as admin and that I verified the UUNP Dream Girl body, hands, and feet files were present in \Games\Steam Library 2\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets.

Please advise (and thank you for a wonderful mod),

@ cell

There is a bug in version 2.8a+b with the RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp, maybe with the CBBE too. If you change the sliders with showracemenu or EFF/Tattoos, the slider values get only saved for one character. If you try to edit a second person, the sliders get reset. The morphs are saved, but the slider values get lost.

fata13xception

"Shoulder Width" causes the gaps.

Or that's because you already morphed the body to UNP. Ingame the racemenu doesn't recognise the change and treats the UNP body like the "Zeroed Sliders" body. You can use the "Zeroed Sliders" body instead of the UNP, or try ingame not to move the sliders too much.

Pardon if the following has already been asked/answered as I couldn't find any answers/solutions searching here or on the web.

I installed via MO and, becausae I use the Demonized UNP BASE body, I checked both the UUNP options. After installing, I manually ran the executable and built the UUNP body w/ standard UNP - UUNP slider settings. When using racemenu in-game, however, I find that the act of touching any slider will introduce gaps into my character's wrists.

I'm at a loss here, have read the instructions, FAQ, troubleshooting material... the mod has helped me create the body I was hoping for (thank you!) but these wrist gaps are terrible!

imgurDOTcom/Baek4Vc

Please advise (and thank you for a wonderful mod),

Update to the latest version of RaceMenu. Make sure nothing overrides the nioverride.dll libary that comes with RaceMenu.

You need the latest SKSE as well. You also need to build the "Unified UNP Hands" and "Unified UNP Feet" sets in BodySlide with morphs.

@ cell

There is a bug in version 2.8a+b with the RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp, maybe with the CBBE too. If you change the sliders with showracemenu or EFF/Tattoos, the slider values get only saved for one character. If you try to edit a second person, the sliders get reset. The morphs are saved, but the slider values get lost.

There shouldn't be a problem with that. Do you have the latest RaceMenu, BodySlide and SKSE at once, and made sure nothing overrides the nioverride.dll library coming with RaceMenu?

@cell

Thank you for the fast response (can't respond w/ quote as I do not yet rights to post links).

I am indeed running RM 344 and SKSE 173; and MO does not alert me of anything overwriting RM's files.

Yes, I did build the body, hands, and feet while running as admin, and verified the files were created in the desired directory.

Let me try Uninu's proposed solutions

@ cell

There shouldn't be a problem with that. Do you have the latest RaceMenu, BodySlide and SKSE at once, and made sure nothing overrides the nioverride.dll library coming with RaceMenu?

I'm using the Mod Organizer. Before the update I had RaceMenu 3.3.0 + Bodyslide 2.7h + SKSE 1.73 installed. Nothing overrides the nioverride.dll, only Racemenu uses the nioverride.dll. And there is no second nioverride.dll inside the Mod Organizer overwrite folder.

I tested:

RaceMenu 3.3.0 + Bodyslide 2.8a

- the UUNP Morps menu inside the Racemenu is always empty

RaceMenu 3.4.4 + Bodyslide 2.8a/b

- Sliders do not get loaded/saved on multiple targets

- the UUNP Morps menu inside the Racemenu is sometimes empty

RaceMenu 3.4.4 + Bodyslide 2.7h

+ Sliders do get loaded/saved right on multiple targets

- the UUNP Morps menu inside the Racemenu is sometimes empty

• 1 month later...

Archived