BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

Can I get a copy of that Northgirl conversion?? :P

Many doors are unlocked now, but so many people have questions of which ones to open. I think this thread will hit 30 pages before the weekend is out.

Outfit Studio allows you to set custom textures for your bodytypes/outfits, but Skyrim limitations still apply. So default races use default textures and custom races use custom. I converted some sevenbase to cbbe and put it BACK on a sevenbase character and of course her textures were still sevenbase. You can create every armor you get your hands on for a CBBE bodytype or UNP variant and use them all in game at once. They can all use your primary texture, but custom races that use a different one will look odd when they put on your conversions.

A workaround to the SliderPreset bug is to just use the Bodyslide++ for your custom body for now. I loaded a body made with custom presets from Bodyslide++ into Outfit Studio and added the Advanced Sliders to it. Works fine.

For now, the real power of this program is conversions between body types and armors/outfits that aren't currently available for Bodyslide++. Not too bad for a beta!!

Does that mean we can make clothes compatible with pregnancy node scaling?

This is something I would like to know as well. If this Outfit Studio allows me to actually add pregnancy node scaling to any armors I want, that´d be fantastic. Although getting to actually know how to use the tool for that is not going that well for me so far. Then again, it´s only JUST released and everyone is trying to find out what it´s all capable of.

Yes. Go to the bones tab, right-click to add a new bone. Have fun finding the belly bones... ;)

Then, select the new bones to paint weighting to the selected shape for that. By holding ALT+Click, you can remove the weighting.

Does that mean we can make clothes compatible with pregnancy node scaling?

This is something I would like to know as well. If this Outfit Studio allows me to actually add pregnancy node scaling to any armors I want, that´d be fantastic. Although getting to actually know how to use the tool for that is not going that well for me so far. Then again, it´s only JUST released and everyone is trying to find out what it´s all capable of.

Yes. Go to the bones tab, right-click to add a new bone. Have fun finding the belly bones... ;)

Then, select the new bones to paint weighting to the selected shape for that. By holding ALT+Click, you can remove the weighting.

Wow this is really good news :D it sounds kind of complicated so I'll wait someone to do this but very nice that it's possible. I hate skimpy clothes they look ridiculous so now I can use vanilla clothing with pregnancy. Thanks :)

And my question is: what is the right procedure of installation/uninstallation, if using bodyslide++ at the moment and wanting to change to this version? I have good preset I'm using now with bodyslide++, and tens of armour converted to it... I'm just wondering if those bodyslide compatible armour packages become obsolete?

No, you'll still need those armor conversion addons for BodySlide 2.0, hence the renamed CB++ mod page. The thing that's included and renamed in BS 2.0 now is what previously was the main archive of CB++. :)

Guest jenny2011

I can't figure this out for the life of me.

I guess I'll wait until someone fully converts all of KillerKeo's partially-converted TBBP armors to TBBP and then uploads it for the less tech savvy :)

One of the most powerful things achieved here is the texture problem is finally solved with Outfit Studio. Modders can now convert between CBBE and UNP bodies while still using their favorite textures!! No more suffering with crazy looking skins just because you put on a different armor!!!

Try this out: Open Outfit Studio and start a New Project, calling it what you want. Select one of the conversion sliders, for example, CBBE to Sevenbase. Next, choose one of your favorite CBBE armors you would like to see as Sevenbase, but no one wants to do it yet! THAT is the .nif you want to load from. Just use the large size one, which ends in _1 usually.

When the file loads, you should see the reference body and your armor/body together, kinda messy, ignore for now.

Conform All, either CTRL+SHIFT+C or pull down the Sliders Menu at the top.

Save Project As, either CTRL+SHIFT+S or pull down the Files Menu. A window pops up with the name you want to show up in Bodyslide, so something useful there...leave the rest unless you know what you are doing and are really picky. Pay attention to the FOLDER where it will be saved for later. Under OPTIONS, UNCHECK the Automatically copy reference shape into outfit. (Most outfits already have bodies in them)

Close Bodyslide, which shuts down Outfit Studio too.

Open Bodyslide, select the outfit/body name you Saved Project As.....it should show up in the pulldown list. Moving the one slider should change your outfit from CBBE to Sevenbase. How cool is that! You chould even create some semi-sevenbase/cbbe hybrid if you want! Anyhow...cool moment over.

Create the body/outfit. It goes in the folder you saw in the Save Project As window

Open Outfit Studio. Same as before, New Project, only this time choose CBBE Advanced for you reference sliders! Select the.nif from the outfit/body you just created in bodyslide!

You will see the CBBE Advanced body and your new Sevenbase conversion on top of each other, but again, ignore for now.

Conform All.

Save Project As....yo can use the same name as before to keep down the clutter, and be sure to uncheck that boxat the bottom....We don't want the reference body coming with us back to bodyslide because we already have one in the outfit!

Close Bodyslide.

Open Bodyslide. Select your outfit and you should now see a sevenbase version of your favorite outfit with all Bodyslide Sliders available and working!!!

Notice that you are still using CBBE textures on a UNP body!!. It works both ways so imagine the possibilities!! One texture set and bazillions of armor varieties.

I skipped all the fancy stuff like morph brushes and checking each and every slider for clipping, because I wanted to lay out process....details will always follow any new endeavor.

You're a genius man, I just converted the skirtless version of Diano Armor to my custom body shape. Worked like a charm. Thanks! I had a question though - how am I supposed to make it TBBP? I couldn't follow the video or the previous posts.

- snip -

You're a genius man, I just converted the skirtless version of Diano Armor to my custom body shape. Worked like a charm. Thanks! I had a question though - how am I supposed to make it TBBP? I couldn't follow the video or the previous posts.

When you're done, load up a TBBP-weighted mesh through "load reference" and your converted outfit through the "load outfit" part. Then, right-click each shape, including the body of the outfit, and do "copy bone weights". Then use File -> Export .Nif

One of the most powerful things achieved here is the texture problem is finally solved with Outfit Studio. Modders can now convert between CBBE and UNP bodies while still using their favorite textures!! No more suffering with crazy looking skins just because you put on a different armor!!!

Try this out: Open Outfit Studio and start a New Project, calling it what you want. Select one of the conversion sliders, for example, CBBE to Sevenbase. Next, choose one of your favorite CBBE armors you would like to see as Sevenbase, but no one wants to do it yet! THAT is the .nif you want to load from. Just use the large size one, which ends in _1 usually.

When the file loads, you should see the reference body and your armor/body together, kinda messy, ignore for now.

Conform All, either CTRL+SHIFT+C or pull down the Sliders Menu at the top.

Save Project As, either CTRL+SHIFT+S or pull down the Files Menu. A window pops up with the name you want to show up in Bodyslide, so something useful there...leave the rest unless you know what you are doing and are really picky. Pay attention to the FOLDER where it will be saved for later. Under OPTIONS, UNCHECK the Automatically copy reference shape into outfit. (Most outfits already have bodies in them)

Close Bodyslide, which shuts down Outfit Studio too.

Open Bodyslide, select the outfit/body name you Saved Project As.....it should show up in the pulldown list. Moving the one slider should change your outfit from CBBE to Sevenbase. How cool is that! You chould even create some semi-sevenbase/cbbe hybrid if you want! Anyhow...cool moment over.

Create the body/outfit. It goes in the folder you saw in the Save Project As window

Open Outfit Studio. Same as before, New Project, only this time choose CBBE Advanced for you reference sliders! Select the.nif from the outfit/body you just created in bodyslide!

You will see the CBBE Advanced body and your new Sevenbase conversion on top of each other, but again, ignore for now.

Conform All.

Save Project As....yo can use the same name as before to keep down the clutter, and be sure to uncheck that boxat the bottom....We don't want the reference body coming with us back to bodyslide because we already have one in the outfit!

Close Bodyslide.

Open Bodyslide. Select your outfit and you should now see a sevenbase version of your favorite outfit with all Bodyslide Sliders available and working!!!

Notice that you are still using CBBE textures on a UNP body!!. It works both ways so imagine the possibilities!! One texture set and bazillions of armor varieties.

I skipped all the fancy stuff like morph brushes and checking each and every slider for clipping, because I wanted to lay out process....details will always follow any new endeavor.

I _think_ there are some ways to do that a little faster! I'd have to really analyze your process to say for sure, but nice work! I did want to point out that you don't have to close down bodyslide so much. In the spyglass menu on the group and outfit filters are ways to refresh the group list and outfit list from your hard drive. You can also hit F5 when the outfit list has focus.

---

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the new bodyslide... Looks like the folks here are going to be on top of finding out what the program can really do :)

I'll be fixing bugs as fast as I can, especially the slider set save bug that prevents small size sliders from recording their slider values. Apologies for such a simple bug getting through, though I bet there will be more

Also, my sincere apologies to people who are having trouble getting the program to work on windows Xp. Without access to an XP system, it's going to be very difficult to fix, and sadly might take a while:( I do want to fix it, so I'll be trying to figure out what's happening

- snip -

When you're done, load up a TBBP-weighted mesh through "load reference" and your converted outfit through the "load outfit" part. Then, right-click each shape, including the body of the outfit, and do "copy bone weights". Then use File -> Export .Nif

When you say a "TBBP-weighted mesh", you mean an armor nif file which is TBBP enabled right?

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the new bodyslide... Looks like the folks here are going to be on top of finding out what the program can really do :)

A massive thanks to you and all the others who worked on this.  Conversions are now relatively effortless!  It's a huge game-changer.

My only issue is adding t/bbp weights after i've made a conversion - the weights add perfectly, but the armor has a non-weighted body super-imposed upon it in game - it looks hilarious.  I'm know i'm going wrong somewhere, probably missing something obvious - just can't nail it down.

But i'm sure a tutorial will eventually pop up to set me straight.

In the meantime - awesome job!

Also - I cannot for the life of me work out how to copy BBP weights to a non weighted armor. Loading a weight-painted reference just plants another body on top of my armor - completely ruining my work :(

To copy weights you just right-click on the desired outfit shape (there's a list on the right, above all the sliders) and select copy bone weights. And you're basically done unless you want to manually edit it. But before doing this you must follow some step:

1) Start a new project and select as a reference one of the convert [bodytype]to cbbe options;

2) Delete the body shape that might already be included in the mesh you're trying to convert;

3) Open the slider menu and click on conform all;

4) Put the "tocbbe" slider at 100%;

5) Click on the outfit shape, open the slider menu and select set base shape.

6) only now you can actually proceed to setting bone weight, skin partitions, editing the mesh, etc.

You can even change the reference shape, just remember to do "conform all" again.

Basically, unless you're starting from a cbbe mesh already, you need to set a cbbe base shape first.

Actually if anybody is interested, you can use the slider sets from unp bodyslide to convert straight from unp to unp bodyslide 0.4.

Thank you, Jarka, for attempting to explain the process for me. I appreciate it.

However I cannot relate the above to the process as I see it. Please feel free to point out where I am going wrong:

1) I am attempting to convert and weight paint one of Killer-Keos armors

2) I create a new project in OS and conform sliders, editing any broken seams with the tool.

3) Once I'm happy with the armor, I hit "set base shape"

4) Now I want to copy BBP weights, which this armor does not have - so I hit "load reference" and "use existing..." so I can choose an armor that HAS these weights.

5) I load a weighted armor, and all that happens is a new body loads into the armor I was working on. The desired weights are now available - but there is a body now merged with my armor, and it is aligned completely wrong - slightly below the armor. I cannot remove it and I have no idea how to proceed!

Thanks to anyone who reads and any help is truly appreciated!

Editing and weight painting should be done last. First use the sliders to convert to the desired body, then after setting the base shape you can load a new reference slider set and conform again. Are you converting from cbbe to cbbe bodyslide? Or to an entirely different body type? I'm sure you are just missing a small step.

So the tool wants to be installed to a working skyrim data dir. But since Mod Organizer keeps all files outside of skyrim/data/ and creates a runtime virtual dir, installing there unfortunately makes it not work as expected.

To make this tool work with Mod Organizer, the user needs to do the following:

1. start mod organizer
  2. drop down the "games and tools" list (just to the left of the run button)
  3. at the top, click edit
  4. fill out the fields for Bodyslide 2

-  the button next to Binary is for locating the... uh... binary

-  start in = blank

-  no arguments. (NONE. AND THAT'S FINAL.)

5. Click Add then OK.

Bodyslide 2 is now in your "games and tools" list. Choose it and click run. Your bodies and skinds will now be available for these apps.

Hope this helps someone.

For the record, doing what you said to do provided me with an error that says "failed to spawn 'BodySlide.exe': failed to start process (errorcode 193)"

On the other hand, installing it into \Data\ like Caliente said to, and then navigating there in the "Data" tab in Mod Organizer, right clicking the .exe and then selecting "add as executable" worked -- which is to say it gave me the "not a valid Win32 application" error, which is par for the course on XP SP3.  On the other hand I believe I found a fix for the registry that could negate these issues.  Especially if Cell says it's a x32 bit binary, it should run on XP SP3, it's apparently a fairly common error for people and I'm looking into what needs to be done to the registry to fix it.

- snip -

When you say a "TBBP-weighted mesh", you mean an armor nif file which is TBBP enabled right?

Yes, you can use the body shape inside of an armor like that as the reference shape. But usually you should use the femalebody_1.nif of any TBBP body itself, without an armor.

After a first look, the first thing I'm seeing is that my Secondary IDE Channel was set for PIO Only instead of DMA if Available, which is a possible cause for the "not a valid Win32 error."  Other things I'm looking into is running "sfc /scannow" to check the integrity of my protected files and if that comes back solid I need to do "regsvr32 / i SHELL32.DLL" to see if it's unregistered.  I want to do all three of these things first before I reboot my computer and try opening Bodyslide again, and if that fixes the "not a valid win32 application" error I'll let you guys know.

Quick question, was the binary made using Visual Studio C++ 2012?  If so, that's the whoooole issue right there.  There's a separate update that all Windows XP users need to download in order to be able to run binaries made with VSC++.

Scratch that, what I said is the opposite of what needs to happen -- the creators of BodySlide 2.0 need to update to VC++ 2014 Update 4 In order to be able to make it compatible with Windows XP SP3, if they have not already.  As is explained here...

The C++ runtime and libraries that accompany Visual Studio 2012 contain dependencies on several Windows API functions that exist only on Windows Vista and higher versions of the OS.  This means that native applications built with Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012, which are depandant on these C++ libraries will fail to load and execute on Windows XP.

If you wish to target Windows XP for your application then you must use Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010.

The Visual COBOL documentation states the following under OS Requirements.

Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2012 is not supported on versions of Windows earlier than Windows 7.

This will be changed to reflect Vista as the minimum OS as Microsoft added support for Vista after the initial launch of Visual Studio 2012.

Ain't that a pain in the ass.  ._.

Added:  Update 4 for VC++ as linked above apparently does the same thing, but if it doesn't, your secondary method is to use the Visual COBOL from 2010 as stated in the quote.  I can't verify either of these things for certain because I run Windows XP.

- snip -

Yes, you can use the body shape inside of an armor like that as the reference shape. But usually you should use the femalebody_1.nif of any TBBP body itself, without an armor.

Oh right, but "load reference" doesn't have option the option to load nif files, just xmls. I'm so sorry, I'm total noob.

There's one more thing, whenever I convert something to CBBE using abovewolf's method, I get this haha I know i'm doing something wrong, can't figure out what

d6P5unX.jpg

ZMLvbug.jpg

-snip-

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj851139(v=vs.110).aspx

I sent this link to Caliente.

Oh right, but "load reference" doesn't have option the option to load nif files, just xmls. I'm so sorry, I'm total noob.

There's one more thing, whenever I convert something to CBBE using abovewolf's method, I get this haha I know i'm doing something wrong, can't figure out what

It looks like the Outfit has wrong scaling, an offset or buggy weights. It's kinda hard to help with this without actually seeing exactly what you did in OS, though.

You can actually use "Load Reference" on .nif files. The description text is wrong. :)

well, i have a problem using node weights.

I load a armor (using a _1.nif), i load a reference by .xml with proper body type and weights (and nodes) and i load the nodes weight from the reference.

I can clearly see in the "node" tab the list of the new nodes that i want (specifically belly) and if i click on them i can see on the armor the colors of the weight (red-yellow-green)

i've made sure that, using the pregnancy slider the body morph correctly but when i finalize the outfit using "save project as" (and making sure all the folders are correctly set), create the new-made outfit with bodyslide with a new proportion, the armor is replace in-game, but the belly node don't scale.

Maybe i did something wrong, can somebody help me?

well, i have a problem using node weights.

I load a armor (using a _1.nif), i load a reference by .xml with proper body type and weights (and nodes) and i load the nodes weight from the reference.

I can clearly see in the "node" tab the list of the new nodes that i want (specifically belly) and if i click on them i can see on the armor the colors of the weight (red-yellow-green)

i've made sure that, using the pregnancy slider the body morph correctly but when i finalize the outfit using "save project as" (and making sure all the folders are correctly set), create the new-made outfit with bodyslide with a new proportion, the armor is replace in-game, but the belly node don't scale.

Maybe i did something wrong, can somebody help me?

Did you select the added belly bones and paint them with weights (the RGB colors)? Without you painting that on for the two belly nodes, nothing will happen in-game.

Archived