BodySlide and Outfit Studio - out now!

ousnius

So can I convert any outfit to the custom body I created using bodyslide++ ??

First you have to convert it to fit the CBBE base shape (which is close to, but not 100% CBBE curvy) using the Outfit Studio part of BS 2.0.

THEN you can use the BodySlide part to apply your preset. CB++ is now BS 2.0 with all of its sliders.

Okay, what if the outfit's already CBBE?

I hope some people release some preconfigured TBBP armor packs for those of us who don't know how?

Learn how.  That's the point of v2.0, not to depend on some random person's whim for body proportions and armor conversions.  Now you can do them yourself without having to use some big-ass programs anymore.

Guest jenny2011

I hope some people release some preconfigured TBBP armor packs for those of us who don't know how?

Learn how.  That's the point of v2.0, not to depend on some random person's whim for body proportions and armor conversions.  Now you can do them yourself without having to use some big-ass programs anymore.

I tried, I'm a total noob at this, I ended up merging two armors together instead of copying bone weight or whatever...

This was the only video I found, but give instructions for converting to CBBE, not detailed enough for me to figure out how to convert an armor that's already CBBE to TBBP... (like a KillerKeo BBP converted armor to a KillerKeo non-BBP converted armor or clothing...)

Also - I cannot for the life of me work out how to copy BBP weights to a non weighted armor. Loading a weight-painted reference just plants another body on top of my armor - completely ruining my work :(

To copy weights you just right-click on the desired outfit shape (there's a list on the right, above all the sliders) and select copy bone weights. And you're basically done unless you want to manually edit it. But before doing this you must follow some step:

1) Start a new project and select as a reference one of the convert [bodytype]to cbbe options;

2) Delete the body shape that might already be included in the mesh you're trying to convert;

3) Open the slider menu and click on conform all;

4) Put the "tocbbe" slider at 100%;

5) Click on the outfit shape, open the slider menu and select set base shape.

6) only now you can actually proceed to setting bone weight, skin partitions, editing the mesh, etc.

You can even change the reference shape, just remember to do "conform all" again.

Basically, unless you're starting from a cbbe mesh already, you need to set a cbbe base shape first.

Actually if anybody is interested, you can use the slider sets from unp bodyslide to convert straight from unp to unp bodyslide 0.4.

One of the most powerful things achieved here is the texture problem is finally solved with Outfit Studio. Modders can now convert between CBBE and UNP bodies while still using their favorite textures!! No more suffering with crazy looking skins just because you put on a different armor!!!

Try this out: Open Outfit Studio and start a New Project, calling it what you want. Select one of the conversion sliders, for example, CBBE to Sevenbase. Next, choose one of your favorite CBBE armors you would like to see as Sevenbase, but no one wants to do it yet! THAT is the .nif you want to load from. Just use the large size one, which ends in _1 usually.

When the file loads, you should see the reference body and your armor/body together, kinda messy, ignore for now.

Conform All, either CTRL+SHIFT+C or pull down the Sliders Menu at the top.

Save Project As, either CTRL+SHIFT+S or pull down the Files Menu. A window pops up with the name you want to show up in Bodyslide, so something useful there...leave the rest unless you know what you are doing and are really picky. Pay attention to the FOLDER where it will be saved for later. Under OPTIONS, UNCHECK the Automatically copy reference shape into outfit. (Most outfits already have bodies in them)

Close Bodyslide, which shuts down Outfit Studio too.

Open Bodyslide, select the outfit/body name you Saved Project As.....it should show up in the pulldown list. Moving the one slider should change your outfit from CBBE to Sevenbase. How cool is that! You chould even create some semi-sevenbase/cbbe hybrid if you want! Anyhow...cool moment over.

Create the body/outfit. It goes in the folder you saw in the Save Project As window

Open Outfit Studio. Same as before, New Project, only this time choose CBBE Advanced for you reference sliders! Select the.nif from the outfit/body you just created in bodyslide!

You will see the CBBE Advanced body and your new Sevenbase conversion on top of each other, but again, ignore for now.

Conform All.

Save Project As....yo can use the same name as before to keep down the clutter, and be sure to uncheck that boxat the bottom....We don't want the reference body coming with us back to bodyslide because we already have one in the outfit!

Close Bodyslide.

Open Bodyslide. Select your outfit and you should now see a sevenbase version of your favorite outfit with all Bodyslide Sliders available and working!!!

Notice that you are still using CBBE textures on a UNP body!!. It works both ways so imagine the possibilities!! One texture set and bazillions of armor varieties.

I skipped all the fancy stuff like morph brushes and checking each and every slider for clipping, because I wanted to lay out process....details will always follow any new endeavor.

-snip-

Ah, good, i wasn't sure about the textures cuz someone said it will use the CBBE UV map only on nexus, and there was no way in hell was i gonna change my modified Real Girl textures and modifed normal maps to CBBE.

What about poly count, i had messed about a bit was wondering does the body keep the same poly count like 7B has 6850 does it get reduced or comes out the same?.

Also - I cannot for the life of me work out how to copy BBP weights to a non weighted armor. Loading a weight-painted reference just plants another body on top of my armor - completely ruining my work :(

To copy weights you just right-click on the desired outfit shape (there's a list on the right, above all the sliders) and select copy bone weights. And you're basically done unless you want to manually edit it. But before doing this you must follow some step:

1) Start a new project and select as a reference one of the convert [bodytype]to cbbe options;

2) Delete the body shape that might already be included in the mesh you're trying to convert;

3) Open the slider menu and click on conform all;

4) Put the "tocbbe" slider at 100%;

5) Click on the outfit shape, open the slider menu and select set base shape.

6) only now you can actually proceed to setting bone weight, skin partitions, editing the mesh, etc.

You can even change the reference shape, just remember to do "conform all" again.

Basically, unless you're starting from a cbbe mesh already, you need to set a cbbe base shape first.

Actually if anybody is interested, you can use the slider sets from unp bodyslide to convert straight from unp to unp bodyslide 0.4.

Thank you, Jarka, for attempting to explain the process for me. I appreciate it.

However I cannot relate the above to the process as I see it. Please feel free to point out where I am going wrong:

1) I am attempting to convert and weight paint one of Killer-Keos armors

2) I create a new project in OS and conform sliders, editing any broken seams with the tool.

3) Once I'm happy with the armor, I hit "set base shape"

4) Now I want to copy BBP weights, which this armor does not have - so I hit "load reference" and "use existing..." so I can choose an armor that HAS these weights.

5) I load a weighted armor, and all that happens is a new body loads into the armor I was working on. The desired weights are now available - but there is a body now merged with my armor, and it is aligned completely wrong - slightly below the armor. I cannot remove it and I have no idea how to proceed!

Thanks to anyone who reads and any help is truly appreciated!

And my question is: what is the right procedure of installation/uninstallation, if using bodyslide++ at the moment and wanting to change to this version? I have good preset I'm using now with bodyslide++, and tens of armour converted to it... I'm just wondering if those bodyslide compatible armour packages become obsolete?

Just to be on the safe side!, i am supposed to use the new bodyslide 2.0 to make a custom body like the old version, right?That is, choose what i want from the selectable window 'Outfit/Body', in my case i choose 'CallienteBodyAdvanced TBBP', and then from window 'Preset' an actual body in order to work on by adjusting sliders so as to make my custom one, then save my new preset under 'CBAdvanced Bodies'.In my case, though my custom preset is saved and retrievable after i restart bodyslide 2.0,many sliders don't save the setted values,they are changed back to the ones the original preset had before i worked on.Am i doing something wrong?Has anybody this similar problem?How am i supposed to convert an armor to my custom body if i am not able to have my saved custom preset the way i have it before restarting bodyslide?Sorry for asking here and not on Nexus but right now it's offline-probably due to the whole skyrim modding community downloading the new bodyslide :) !

Just to be on the safe side!, i am supposed to use the new bodyslide 2.0 to make a custom body like the old version, right?That is, choose what i want from the selectable window 'Outfit/Body', in my case i choose 'CallienteBodyAdvanced TBBP', and then from window 'Preset' an actual body in order to work on by adjusting sliders so as to make my custom one, then save my new preset under 'CBAdvanced Bodies'.In my case, though my custom preset is saved and retrievable after i restart bodyslide 2.0,many sliders don't save the setted values,they are changed back to the ones the original preset had before i worked on.Am i doing something wrong?Has anybody this similar problem?How am i supposed to convert an armor to my custom body if i am not able to have my saved custom preset the way i have it before restarting bodyslide?Sorry for asking here and not on Nexus but right now it's offline-probably due to the whole skyrim modding community downloading the new bodyslide :) !

This is a known issue and has been confirmed on the nexus page. I was having this too - kinda hard to use the tool until this has ben ironed out :(

Still awesome tho!

Does that mean we can make clothes compatible with pregnancy node scaling?

This is something I would like to know as well. If this Outfit Studio allows me to actually add pregnancy node scaling to any armors I want, that´d be fantastic. Although getting to actually know how to use the tool for that is not going that well for me so far. Then again, it´s only JUST released and everyone is trying to find out what it´s all capable of.

Well after toying with this thing, all I can say is WOW. You guys were not kidding about the game changer comment made about this program. After fiddling enough with this program, I was actually able to pull off my long desired conversion of the Northgirl UNP armor to CBBE(it helped that I found the early leaked version, made for good practice). It wasn't prefect but with a bit more time put in, I know I can make this conversion awesome. Heck I was even able to make a pervy armor mash-up too(I'll show it of later too tired). ;)

In the meantime, I've attached some images as proof that a simpleton like me can learn 2 convert.

Thank you guys. :) Now if ya excuse me I'm gonna crash now. Goodniiii-*thud*

post-39353-0-00925400-1387630371_thumb.jpgpost-39353-0-70906400-1387630397_thumb.jpg

Archived