Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

Just a suggestion : If you already have shop running, why not to add Enchanment / Alchemy section were items can be improved so they effect arousal?

Lust Drafts, and the like? Interesting idea. I'm not sure how to create new alchemical recipes, though adding potions for sale with effects like that would be easy.

It would be interesting to try, I will take a look at some things today. I think it might be interesting to have an enchantable plug set that can accept some of the standard enchantments or have some similar to the magical effects. I think it would also be interesting to be able to add an effect to some of the piercings in other mods to increase arousal as well.

The problem with enabling user-enchantable items from this mod is a (Solvable, but not trivial) technical one. It's possible for a specific enchanted belt/collar/etc to be lost in normal game play, for a variety of reasons (The mechanics that could cause duplication bugs from the very early versions could cause this behavior). The user never notices, because the base belt is simply reequipped upon them seamlessly.

Worked fine for me although i did have to pick the lock to get in (first arrived at about 9ish, waited 12 hours then tried saving and reloading etc and door was still locked so just picked it)

Being able to buy the furniture for our player made houses would be really cool.

I don't know why the door doesn't get unlocked as I set the Master and Assistants to unlock the door, I am probably missing something small somewhere.

Did you add the key to the door to the inventory of the people in the first place? I think that's needed, even for NPCs. I remember I had a vampire attack in Falkreath and the lumber selling dude died. I picked up the key from his body and used an as-is resurrection spell on him, so his inventory wasn't reset. I then noticed, throughout the game, I would often find him standing outside the door to his house at night/in the morning, unable to get in because it was locked. If I opened it, or his brother did, he could get in, but not any other time. Gave me a laugh every time.

Yeah, all three of them have keys which is why it frustrates me so much. When I was setting up the dialogue for the Master and Assistants depending on if the player was locked into something I used the same checks at the start and the Assistants wouldn't work but the Master did. Considering I copied them from the Master to the Assistants it was driving me crazy. I ended up changing them both to something else (both the same) and it works. the CK is just crazy sometimes.

Heh. I started working with the CK on my own a bit a little while back. For what I remember, it's useful, but it takes a lot of getting used to. Also, I use Tera armors, but it's not either the UNP or the CBBE conversion. I found a standalone CBBE set a while back, and it has more stuff, so I'm using that, however, I don't think your patch would work for it. It's at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29411/?, just in case. I don't really know too much about the scripting/merging part of Skyrim modding, so I'm hesitant to try to do something myself.

Worked fine for me although i did have to pick the lock to get in (first arrived at about 9ish, waited 12 hours then tried saving and reloading etc and door was still locked so just picked it)

Being able to buy the furniture for our player made houses would be really cool.

I don't know why the door doesn't get unlocked as I set the Master and Assistants to unlock the door, I am probably missing something small somewhere.

Did you add the key to the door to the inventory of the people in the first place? I think that's needed, even for NPCs. I remember I had a vampire attack in Falkreath and the lumber selling dude died. I picked up the key from his body and used an as-is resurrection spell on him, so his inventory wasn't reset. I then noticed, throughout the game, I would often find him standing outside the door to his house at night/in the morning, unable to get in because it was locked. If I opened it, or his brother did, he could get in, but not any other time. Gave me a laugh every time.

Yeah, all three of them have keys which is why it frustrates me so much. When I was setting up the dialogue for the Master and Assistants depending on if the player was locked into something I used the same checks at the start and the Assistants wouldn't work but the Master did. Considering I copied them from the Master to the Assistants it was driving me crazy. I ended up changing them both to something else (both the same) and it works. the CK is just crazy sometimes.

Heh. I started working with the CK on my own a bit a little while back. For what I remember, it's useful, but it takes a lot of getting used to. Also, I use Tera armors, but it's not either the UNP or the CBBE conversion. I found a standalone CBBE set a while back, and it has more stuff, so I'm using that, however, I don't think your patch would work for it. It's at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29411/?, just in case. I don't really know too much about the scripting/merging part of Skyrim modding, so I'm hesitant to try to do something myself.

Making the merge patches isn't too difficult but requires the use of Wyre Bash and Tes5Edit as well as the Creation Kit. I will put together some instructions soon but I will see about making a patch for that version of the Tera armors.

Making the merge patches isn't too difficult but requires the use of Wyre Bash and Tes5Edit as well as the Creation Kit. I will put together some instructions soon but I will see about making a patch for that version of the Tera armors.

Awesome! Both will be useful. One helps me get cool armors, and the other helps me learn more about Skyrim modding, which I like doing! Thanks.

hey there, im getting spam when entering cells with slaves in, "you can not wear multiple belts" I click through 4 or 5 of these msgs then it dumps 3-4 of each devious item in my inventory.

This should help,

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-now-with-quests-12092013/page-45?do=findComment&comment=596085

actually im not using for the masses :s have never used it either so cant be in an old save or something.

hey there, im getting spam when entering cells with slaves in, "you can not wear multiple belts" I click through 4 or 5 of these msgs then it dumps 3-4 of each devious item in my inventory.

This should help,

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21484-devious-devices-integration-now-with-quests-12092013/page-45?do=findComment&comment=596085

actually im not using for the masses :s have never used it either so cant be in an old save or something.

The patch should still fix the issue as it replaces the script in the Integration mod that is causing the messages and duplication.

This should help,

The patch should still fix the issue as it replaces the script in the Integration mod that is causing the messages and duplication.

ahh ok. seen name of patch and wrongly assumed id need for the masses for it. :)

I'm really liking this mod so far, is there any chance that at some point pc could also end up on display xD?

Hopefully. There are a number of things I want to do with this and that is definitely one of them.

Glad to hear that, I wish I could help you with scripting but I am a failure with CK D:! I wish you the best of luck :)!

I'm really liking this mod so far, is there any chance that at some point pc could also end up on display xD?

Hopefully. There are a number of things I want to do with this and that is definitely one of them.

Glad to hear that, I wish I could help you with scripting but I am a failure with CK D:! I wish you the best of luck :)!

I can't really do scripts either so it makes things difficult but I am trying to learn. I am working on learning how to create an actual quest instead of just dialogue.

Awesome! Both will be useful. One helps me get cool armors, and the other helps me learn more about Skyrim modding, which I like doing! Thanks.

I have made a merge patch for the Standalone CBBE Tera armors. While I made it I made instruction on how to create the merge patch as well, it is in the download section.

> Veladarius

I am struggling a bit with some of the teminology, I'm afraid.  Probably comes from being old.  This Early Onset Alzh..thingy is a pig.  Anyway, what I should like to know, in an explanation with words of one syllable, if possible, is:

Can I add the mods listed on the front page, which as I understand it, are items that can be sold in the shop, using the standard NMM installation?  - or is 'bashing patches' something that is 'essential' for this to mod to work properly?.  I understand bashing thugs, bandits, and the like,  :dodgy: but I think the other sort may be beyond me ...

I have read the instructions a number of times, and I honestly just can't work out exactly what they mean.  As they start ... 'Mods that add items such as outfits, jewelry, weapons and just about anything else can be added to NPC outfits and sellable merchandise using Wyre Bash or TES5Edit and I will be releasing these as merge patches for individual mods'...it does leave the impression that this is somehow an integral part of the show

I'd love to try this mod, but I'm too afraid that I might mess up my game if I just added all of the costume requirements via NMM, and that that then didn't match with the main mod files

I'd be grateful for any help.... :shy:

> Veladarius

I am struggling a bit with some of the teminology, I'm afraid.  Probably comes from being old.  This Early Onset Alzh..thingy is a pig.  Anyway, what I should like to know, in an explanation with words of one syllable, if possible, is:

Can I add the mods listed on the front page, which as I understand it, are items that can be sold in the shop, using the standard NMM installation?  - or is 'bashing patches' something that is 'essential' for this to mod to work properly?.  I understand bashing thugs, bandits, and the like,  :dodgy: but I think the other sort may be beyond me ...

I have read the instructions a number of times, and I honestly just can't work out exactly what they mean.  As they start ... 'Mods that add items such as outfits, jewelry, weapons and just about anything else can be added to NPC outfits and sellable merchandise using Wyre Bash or TES5Edit and I will be releasing these as merge patches for individual mods'...it does leave the impression that this is somehow an integral part of the show

I'd love to try this mod, but I'm too afraid that I might mess up my game if I just added all of the costume requirements via NMM, and that that then didn't match with the main mod files

I am getting up there in age so I know what you mean, trying to write scripts leaves me dazed and confused most of the time.

A Bashed Patch is something that Wyre Bash can build and if you have a number of mods that add items to the world is essential to get them all to appear. If you add a number of mods that add items, such as adding custom armor to bandits, which ever one is the lowest in your load order will overwrite the others and the rest won't appear. The Bashed Patch collects all the edits to the leveled lists from th different mods and puts them all together so they all show up. This function is what most people use from it starting out (there are a number of utilities and such in it but you don't need to worry about them) and was the reason I started using it.

Step by step instructions to use Wyre Bash:

You can download it here: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1840/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D1840%26preview%3D&pUp=1 you just need the installer (top file). It gets installed to the Skyrim directory.

Documentation for it is here: http://oblivionworks.sourceforge.net/readme/Wrye%20Bash%20General%20Readme.html and the info on the Bashed Patch is about halfway down.

When you first run it it will create a bashed patch, go ahead and let it create it. If you don't see the merge files in the patch yet that is ok (see pic for example). post-101267-0-99148900-1387037153_thumb.jpg

If you don't see the files in the bashed patch: move the bashed patch to the bottom of your load order as it only picks up things that are higher up in the order. Once it is moved, right click on the bashed patch and select Rebuild Patch and it will do it again. The merge patches should show up in it now. You should do this whenever you add mods that add items to the world.

Once the bashed patch is made you can uncheck the merge patches and make them inactive as they are now merged into the bash patch (any mod that appears in the merge patches section of the bashed patch can be deactivated (Wyre Bash will pick them up even if they are inactive so long as they are above it in the order).

If you have any problems feel free to message me, I am happy to help.

If anyone has any clothing, jewelry or other items they would like to see added to the shop let me know and I will make a patch. Just give me a link as to where it can be downloaded from. If you have suggestions as to what you want NPC's to wear I will take those as well.

> Veladarius

Just so you know, I tried installing the patches normally via NMM. I fully expected something to break, I just wanted to see what would happen. If I recall correctly, it just caused my game to crash unless I loaded an older save, and then it just changed nothing, so I learned how to use Wyre Bash. Not much to be said about that, Veladarius' explanation was pretty good about summarizing the basics of patching.

Also, it's good to see I'm not the only one that makes that much fun of myself about my mental disabilities. I don't have early onset, just a TBI, but still. Having that type of attitude definitely, in my experience, helps.

I have made a merge patch for the Standalone CBBE Tera armors. While I made it I made instruction on how to create the merge patch as well, it is in the download section.

The guide was very good, thanks! Although, TBH, it's a lot less complicated than I thought it would be, but for the most part, that seems to be the case for Skyrim modding, at least for me. Especially for things like FNIS and SKSE. I was always worried I was going to break everything, hard, but once you read a bit about it, it all makes sense. About to add in the Tera standalone patch. Thanks for the quick uploads!

Most of the documentation I see tends to either be fragmented so you can't see how the entire thing is put together or assumes you know what things are. One of the things I did at my last job was documenting processes and procedures (most of which I built in the first place) so I know how to write procedures for someone that knows nothing about it.

Wrye Bash was one of those things that confused me quite a bit when I first started using it but I have learned more about it as I have needed. Usually when I am trying to learn something I tend to struggle for a while until it clicks for me then I wonder why I was having so much difficulty.

> Veladarius

> linknut888

Thank you both, explanations and thoughts

V.  You're right about the fragmentation and prior knowledge assumption issues.  I think that your description is the only one that I can recall where the why, in terms of the underpinning technical reasons and resolution objectives, has been so clearly laid out, explaining the concepts underlying what one is trying to. 

TBH, I had previously 'bashed' a patch in my Oblivion set up, but basically it was solely by following a sort of 'Simon says' list, and I 'did this' and I 'did that' and mercifully what came out at the end worked.  Why, I had no idea, and I shoved the whole thing into the deeper recesses of my skull, until my single neuron bounced about enough today to hit it again when reading this.  Not that, as you have seen, that did any good initially... :shy:

Anyway, I'll give it a try when I have sufficient time to sit down and work my way through all the link info, and the 'doing' stages properly, both to ensure that I not only get it right, but enhance my education a bit as well.  I'll probably write it all down on a piece of paper too, so as I can then get back to normal by losing that....  :P

Thanks again

I've never used Wrye bash before in my life.

I get to "Step 2," and every time I'm about to open the mods in the creation kit, I just get an error message saying "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted." Did I just make some newbie mistake with step 1 somewhere or?

Also, what are the merged patches in the download section? I can't work out their purpose.

I've never used Wrye bash before in my life.

I get to "Step 2," and every time I'm about to open the mods in the creation kit, I just get an error message saying "Multiple master files selected for load. Load operation aborted." Did I just make some newbie mistake with step 1 somewhere or?

Also, what are the merged patches in the download section? I can't work out their purpose.

In your Skyrim Folder open the SkyrimEditor.ini and add "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1" under General.