Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

19 hours ago, Veladarius said:

If something else has taken control of Elisif (either an action started by her own AI or another mod) then the scene will pause until she is done with whatever action she is doing (this is part of the game's mechanics).

The quest is set at for a time of day where she should be in her room, usually asleep so her leaving is a bit abnormal unless it is still relatively early (before 10 pm) and her destination should be her throne.

There is two other scenes to check if they are playing and if so needs stopped. Check the scenes  xx05d672  and   xx05cb87  as these scenes also have force greets that lead to that dialogue so if they are active when you set the new stage Elisif may be stuck in the force greet (they are a pain to work with but there are not any real alternatives). Check these before setting the stage to 175.

Edit:

If Elisif walks away again use  TFC  to see where she goes.

Also, make sure you have any mods that can take control of npc's at various times disabled (most have the ability to do so in their MCM menu) as scripted events will take precedence over scenes (nothing I can do about that).

I set the stage to 175 without doing anything and it just worked out lol, thanks for all the help :)

3 hours ago, Hoffajr said:

I set the stage to 175 without doing anything and it just worked out lol, thanks for all the help :)

Her AI was probably doing something, it happens from time to time if an npc has a period where they are not directly controlled. Glad it started working for you though.

Im having a bit of problems with the NPCs in the shop. When I go and talk to them no dialogue texts shows up except my options. Its simply a blank expression on them for a few seconds and then I get to pick dialogue options. Events still trigger like items being handed over etc. Also when I check the mod management it says "Did not find Slot A-02 Mod in Load Order" followed by A-09 and A-10 with the same message so Im suspecting I might be missing something but I downloaded part 1,2,3 and 5 of version 4.15 and everything else seems to work fine besides the girl hanging outside failing to load and is just a big exclamation point. 

Edit: I found the problem with the NPCs not talking, I hadn't installed the Duz Ro D-oh mod (cause I thought it was just a meme but then I actually looked into it. Sorry) 

But the girl outside is still the same and the mods A-02, A-09 and A-10 arent there still

2 hours ago, cloud63 said:

Im having a bit of problems with the NPCs in the shop. When I go and talk to them no dialogue texts shows up except my options. Its simply a blank expression on them for a few seconds and then I get to pick dialogue options. Events still trigger like items being handed over etc. Also when I check the mod management it says "Did not find Slot A-02 Mod in Load Order" followed by A-09 and A-10 with the same message so Im suspecting I might be missing something but I downloaded part 1,2,3 and 5 of version 4.15 and everything else seems to work fine besides the girl hanging outside failing to load and is just a big exclamation point. 

Edit: I found the problem with the NPCs not talking, I hadn't installed the Duz Ro D-oh mod (cause I thought it was just a meme but then I actually looked into it. Sorry) 

But the girl outside is still the same and the mods A-02, A-09 and A-10 arent there still

The girl outside has the same devices as everyone else and her clothes are the standard mining clothing I believe and is a standard race. Her outfit should be identical to the girl in the mine. If the girl in the mine is the same then there is an issue with the mesh for the female mining outfit (standard w/ Skyrim or part of a clothing overhaul).

As for the missing mods that is a notification left over from the custom clothing import option from the MCM menu, A-02 I believe is the Leia Slave outfit (indicating that it did not find the esp) and the others are unused at this time and can be ignored (missed removing the notifications from their import scripts).

Notice for DD v4.x users:

Since this has not yet been converted to v4.x DD some devices will not work properly due to script changes, particularly the CD custom armbinder and the CD custom items that use the standard keys (non-quest devices). There is a patch for DD v4 that updates 3 key scripts that remove devices so that armbinders and related devices are removed. This is safe for use by people using v3 as well as it checks the version of DD being used and adjusts accordingly (I currently use these scripts in my build with v3). Once the mod is converted to DD v4 it is very likely it will not be backwards compatible with v3 of DD due the extent of the scripting changes on the devices themselves. Again, there is no estimate as to when the mod will be updated to use DDv4 but ZAP will still be required.

Just checking, but this does mean that the mod is stable for DD4 users right?

Also, is this save safe? I'm trying to put together a load list while I'm on vacation, and would rather not start a new game every time I add something (only when I change the order do I start a new game).

Also, an install question. Only the ESP file is marked 4.15, with the others being 4.09. I'm guessing that only the ESPs and scripts changed and that we are to use the 4.09 files for the rest. Also what resolution are the "original" textures and which file containts the DD4 patch (I'm guessing the part 5 file).

Was just reading cloud63's issue about nobody talking. I have Fuz Ro D-oh installed, but I am still having issues when I try to talk to master.

When I go into the store and talk to master, it gives me the subtitles saying the first two lines about having any questions, but I cannot buy anything off of her.

I don't know where the issue may be if it's not from Fuz Ro D-oh because I've reinstalled it multiple times and tried to reinstall part 1 of the mod once. Are there any ideas about what the source of the issue may be? Or if this is an already solved issue?

21 hours ago, TomTheCline said:

Just checking, but this does mean that the mod is stable for DD4 users right?

Also, is this save safe? I'm trying to put together a load list while I'm on vacation, and would rather not start a new game every time I add something (only when I change the order do I start a new game).

Also, an install question. Only the ESP file is marked 4.15, with the others being 4.09. I'm guessing that only the ESPs and scripts changed and that we are to use the 4.09 files for the rest. Also what resolution are the "original" textures and which file containts the DD4 patch (I'm guessing the part 5 file).

There are a few custom items that don't work but otherwise it works properly. There may be times that custom CD quest items may not be removed (happens with v3 of DD as well) but there is an MCM option to remove those devices.

The original texture sizes vary, generally it depended on the item and detail needed for the texture file (some texture files have texture parts for multiple pieces / items).

The file for the v4 removal patch is a separate file towards the bottom and is called  'CD device removal DDv4 update v2.7z' Just install that after the rest of the files.

Part 5 contains several other zip files so it will need extracted then just use the optional files you want.

The v4.09 files go along with the v4.15 esp/scripts as there were no changes to those files since that version. V4.05 files are for German only users as it is the last version to support the German language. 

5 hours ago, laserelite said:

Was just reading cloud63's issue about nobody talking. I have Fuz Ro D-oh installed, but I am still having issues when I try to talk to master.

When I go into the store and talk to master, it gives me the subtitles saying the first two lines about having any questions, but I cannot buy anything off of her.

I don't know where the issue may be if it's not from Fuz Ro D-oh because I've reinstalled it multiple times and tried to reinstall part 1 of the mod once. Are there any ideas about what the source of the issue may be? Or if this is an already solved issue?

The initial dialogue runs a script that sets up a number of things (such as setting your statistic choices) but also sets the dialogue so it can run. Some things to check:

- The MCM menu works (if not check that the MCM menu's for DD, ZAP and SexLab are functioning)

- in the console use   sqv  CDxFramework   and check the stage, it should be 10 once you speak with Master. If not you can manually set it using the setstage command

- If none of this works, disable the mod, make a clean save then enable it again as there have been some cases of it not executing scripts and this will fix the issue in most all cases.

If none of this works let the game run for a few minutes then attempt to speak to Master again then quit the game and upload the papyrus log

log location and how to enable it:

Add the following lines to the Skyrim ini file under the [Papyrus] section:

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

The logs will be in the   my games/skyrim/logs/script  folder and you are looking for the  Papyrus.0 file  - just upload the file directly here and I will look at it

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

There are a few custom items that don't work but otherwise it works properly. There may be times that custom CD quest items may not be removed (happens with v3 of DD as well) but there is an MCM option to remove those devices.

The original texture sizes vary, generally it depended on the item and detail needed for the texture file (some texture files have texture parts for multiple pieces / items).

The file for the v4 removal patch is a separate file towards the bottom and is called  'CD device removal DDv4 update v2.7z' Just install that after the rest of the files.

Part 5 contains several other zip files so it will need extracted then just use the optional files you want.

The v4.09 files go along with the v4.15 esp/scripts as there were no changes to those files since that version. V4.05 files are for German only users as it is the last version to support the German language. 

Thanks!

I know I'm probably incredibly late to this. I haven't been on LL since the whole DD4 fiasco when it was first released since I was busy too with RL to really mod or anything. but I was wondering

is CD back in development?

hope this doesn't sound rude or anything, I love CD it as been in my load order since I first started modding skyrim and it will never leave, thank you for the amazing mod Veladarius

On 3/23/2019 at 7:59 AM, Veladarius said:

The initial dialogue runs a script that sets up a number of things (such as setting your statistic choices) but also sets the dialogue so it can run. Some things to check:

- The MCM menu works (if not check that the MCM menu's for DD, ZAP and SexLab are functioning)

- in the console use   sqv  CDxFramework   and check the stage, it should be 10 once you speak with Master. If not you can manually set it using the setstage command

- If none of this works, disable the mod, make a clean save then enable it again as there have been some cases of it not executing scripts and this will fix the issue in most all cases.

If none of this works let the game run for a few minutes then attempt to speak to Master again then quit the game and upload the papyrus log

log location and how to enable it:

Hide contents

Add the following lines to the Skyrim ini file under the [Papyrus] section:

bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

The logs will be in the   my games/skyrim/logs/script  folder and you are looking for the  Papyrus.0 file  - just upload the file directly here and I will look at it

Just an update on how it's going.

I believe I figured out why Captured Dreams and Devious Devices weren't working. I think installing it through NMM doesn't fully install all the assets, so I just installed it manually.

Right now though I am running into an issue with infinite load screens whenever I try to go outside. All assets in Captured Dreams and Devious Devices work within indoor environments, e.g. The Bannered Mare. I got there by teleporting with Alternative Start, but any attempt to go outside of the in results in my disk usage for Skyrim to go to 0% in task manager.

I have attached the Papyrus log which I am having trouble interpreting.

I think the issue either lies with how I manually installed Captured Dreams or Devious Devices, or me manually installing XAZ Prison Overhaul or XAZ Prison Overhaul Patch. Before the original overhaul resulted in crashes.

I hope someone could help me interpret the Papyrus log to see specifically why I am getting infinite load screens when trying to travel outside.

Thanks.

Edit: Even more details if it helps. I've ran FNIS, LOOT, and Bodyslide multiple times to make sure that they work and nothing from there reports suggest that the problem is there.

Papyrus.0.log

15 hours ago, sargent256 said:

I know I'm probably incredibly late to this. I haven't been on LL since the whole DD4 fiasco when it was first released since I was busy too with RL to really mod or anything. but I was wondering

is CD back in development?

hope this doesn't sound rude or anything, I love CD it as been in my load order since I first started modding skyrim and it will never leave, thank you for the amazing mod Veladarius

Well, I'm trying to continue but my mental issues have worsened (last 2 meds left further lasting side effects) and makes it difficult to concentrate. I have added a patch script to the download section that will remove the armbinders and other similar items fro DD v4 in most all cases (updates the 3 major removal scripts). Just now getting back to playing Skyrim after about 2 months away from it.

2 hours ago, laserelite said:

Just an update on how it's going.

I believe I figured out why Captured Dreams and Devious Devices weren't working. I think installing it through NMM doesn't fully install all the assets, so I just installed it manually.

Right now though I am running into an issue with infinite load screens whenever I try to go outside. All assets in Captured Dreams and Devious Devices work within indoor environments, e.g. The Bannered Mare. I got there by teleporting with Alternative Start, but any attempt to go outside of the in results in my disk usage for Skyrim to go to 0% in task manager.

I have attached the Papyrus log which I am having trouble interpreting.

I think the issue either lies with how I manually installed Captured Dreams or Devious Devices, or me manually installing XAZ Prison Overhaul or XAZ Prison Overhaul Patch. Before the original overhaul resulted in crashes.

I hope someone could help me interpret the Papyrus log to see specifically why I am getting infinite load screens when trying to travel outside.

Thanks.

Edit: Even more details if it helps. I've ran FNIS, LOOT, and Bodyslide multiple times to make sure that they work and nothing from there reports suggest that the problem is there.

Papyrus.0.log 699.18 kB · 1 download

The last things in the log are from DD (much of the end of the log is from DD but nothing out of the ordinary but there was a lot of activity leading up to it so it may not have finished):

[03/25/2019 - 03:46:27AM] [Zad]: OnEquipped(asdf: )
[03/25/2019 - 03:46:27AM] [Zad]: Sending device event DeviceEquippedBelt(asdf:1)
[03/25/2019 - 03:46:27AM] [Zad]: SyncInventory(): Equipping Belt.
[03/25/2019 - 03:46:27AM] [Zad]: original exposure rate was 2.000000. Setting to 3.000000.
[03/25/2019 - 03:46:27AM] [Zad]: CorsetMagic(): No corset equipped, done.

Since there is no freezing/thawing of the VM messages (system stopping/starting) my first suggestion is an ini edit to give scripts more time to run (particularly during load screens). From the log these are your current settings in question:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=1.2
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

Pretty much standard.

These are the settings I use currently:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.8
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0

This gives scripts more time to run but you will likely see a bit longer loading times but don't have any issues with infinite loading screens (even running a ugrids of 9). You can try increasing to half way to these values from yours first and see if that makes a difference (last line in particular as that is for the scripts to run after loading an area), I have had a few times where the loading screen stalls but alt-tabbing out and back in and clicking on the game screen has gotten it running again 99% of the time (I have the same issue with FO4 and that trick works as well).

Let me know how things go with this.

Heya :)

I just installed this mod, and I'm ran for nearly tow hours around the saw mill location. I don't find the shop.

Beside that, when I look at the MCM, I don't see thecaptured Dreams Menu. But my installation on NMM was ok.

Can someone help me please ? 

4 hours ago, Syssiah said:

I just installed this mod, and I'm ran for nearly tow hours around the saw mill location. I don't find the shop.

Beside that, when I look at the MCM, I don't see thecaptured Dreams Menu. But my installation on NMM was ok.

Have you checked if the esp is activated? NMM sometimes forgets to do this.

4 hours ago, Syssiah said:

I have heard of people not getting the MCM menu but never the shop being missing.

1 - make sure the esp is active (I know this is very basic but it happens)

use   help  CDx   in the console, if nothing comes up (especially quests) then the esp is definitely NOT active

2 - make sure that there are no other mods that overwrite that location (even then most that do have assets from both mods there)

Move the esp towards the bottom of your load order and make sure it was activated properly by your mod installer.

1-I never used the console. Can you tell me exactly what to type ? 

2- Same question, what esp file am I looking for ? And how to be sure it has not been overwriten ?

"Move the esp towards the bottom of your load order and make sure it was activated properly by your mod installer."

-> I don't understand how to do that and where ?

Sorry, but I'm very new to SKYRIM AND MODS. 

6 hours ago, Syssiah said:

1-I never used the console. Can you tell me exactly what to type ? 

2- Same question, what esp file am I looking for ? And how to be sure it has not been overwriten ?

"Move the esp towards the bottom of your load order and make sure it was activated properly by your mod installer."

-> I don't understand how to do that and where ?

Sorry, but I'm very new to SKYRIM AND MODS. 

In NMM, you will notice there are two tabs near the top of the window. One says "Mods", which is where you install mods and usually this one is open. The other one says "Plugins". Open this one. You will see a list of files with little boxes with checkmarks next to it. See if the box next to "Captured Dreams.esp" is checked, if not click on it to activate the mod. NMM sometimes forgets to do it automatically. To move the mod down the load order, click on it and use the arrow icons on the left side of the screen. Check the screenshot below, it's with Fallout 4 (I don't have Skyrim installed right now) but works the same as with Skyrim.

NMMscreenshot.png

Hey, I've been having some issues with item removal. When I ask Master about removing things it always comes up as saying that nothing is equipped on me.

More pressingly, I just did a delivery quest and she won't remove the CD belt and collar. She says she will but then nothing happens. I still get payment but the devices stay on.

Any advice/ways around this? 

3 hours ago, lazertomato said:

Hey, I've been having some issues with item removal. When I ask Master about removing things it always comes up as saying that nothing is equipped on me.

More pressingly, I just did a delivery quest and she won't remove the CD belt and collar. She says she will but then nothing happens. I still get payment but the devices stay on.

Any advice/ways around this? 

Quest devices that don't get removed can be removed via the MCM menu, the option is on the right side of the 'Player' page. Quest items will show up as 'Unremovable' items when it lists what is found in the notifications area (upper left corner of the screen) shortly before being given the itemized list of removable items and the cost (if any are removable).

Hi there. I was having issues with the Free Sample items not being removed at the end of the quest. After becoming frustrated, I removed the Captured Dreams mod and saw that the devices were no longer equipped or in my inventory. Three dungeons and six quests later, I realized that I still have debuffs from wearing a chastity bra, but I had no such thing equipped and nothing like it in my inventory. After asking for advice in other DD threads, I came to the conclusion that it's the chastity bra from the Captured Dreams quest. After identifying its Item ID and trying player.removeitem, the last two lines of text that appeared were:
GetQuestRunning >> 0.00
GetStage >> 150.00

I'm at a loss as to what to do to rid myself of the debuffs (other than just going back to a save before ever doing the quest). 

I saw that Papyrus logs are requested for problems like this, but when I looked up how to access those logs, I found that I didn't have them enabled. I've enabled them now - will the current log still be of any help? and have run the game, but there's still nothing in the Logs folder except an empty Scripts folder, so I'm not sure if I've done it right.

Forgot to mention: I was using this mod with Skyrim SE, not regular Skyrim.

3 hours ago, SafyreStorme said:

Hi there. I was having issues with the Free Sample items not being removed at the end of the quest. After becoming frustrated, I removed the Captured Dreams mod and saw that the devices were no longer equipped or in my inventory. Three dungeons and six quests later, I realized that I still have debuffs from wearing a chastity bra, but I had no such thing equipped and nothing like it in my inventory. After asking for advice in other DD threads, I came to the conclusion that it's the chastity bra from the Captured Dreams quest. After identifying its Item ID and trying player.removeitem, the last two lines of text that appeared were:
GetQuestRunning >> 0.00
GetStage >> 150.00

I'm at a loss as to what to do to rid myself of the debuffs (other than just going back to a save before ever doing the quest). 

I saw that Papyrus logs are requested for problems like this, but when I looked up how to access those logs, I found that I didn't have them enabled. I've enabled them now - will the current log still be of any help? and have run the game, but there's still nothing in the Logs folder except an empty Scripts folder, so I'm not sure if I've done it right.

Forgot to mention: I was using this mod with Skyrim SE, not regular Skyrim.

Unfortunately this issue is with DDv4 as it uses a list to track what you are wearing and pulls info from there to determine debuff's and events. I believe there is a way around this though by using the DD function to remove ALL items (I believe it removes quest items as well) and it should clear the list as well. Beyond that you would have to ask the DD Dev Team how to remove the debuff since it is an issue with their engine.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Unfortunately this issue is with DDv4 as it uses a list to track what you are wearing and pulls info from there to determine debuff's and events. I believe there is a way around this though by using the DD function to remove ALL items (I believe it removes quest items as well) and it should clear the list as well. Beyond that you would have to ask the DD Dev Team how to remove the debuff since it is an issue with their engine.

Got it. I appreciate the information. 

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Quest devices that don't get removed can be removed via the MCM menu, the option is on the right side of the 'Player' page. Quest items will show up as 'Unremovable' items when it lists what is found in the notifications area (upper left corner of the screen) shortly before being given the itemized list of removable items and the cost (if any are removable).

Still no luck. I click the option, it says, working a little box pops up, I hit ok, and nothing happens. No notification in the top left, and the devices still on.

Could it be a mod conflict?

Edit: Might be worth noting that the Deviously Cursed Loot safeword button doesn't work for me either. So, thinking about it, it's probably bigger than just your mod. But any advice you could spare would be greatly appreciated.

plz halp