Panic's animation workshop (Animations for Modders) updated 16.01.2015

So, with your new horse bj anim, it appears that the cock is supposed to be inside the mouth for stages 2+3, but my character doesn't open her mouth until the orgasm stage, and so while it looks like the hands+upper mouth are in the right position, the penis is right through the lower jaw because the mouth isn't open.

Thats a setting in the animation registry for SL Framework. However it doesnt matter if its set to open or closed, the Horse is so big it will clip just the same.

I'm sure it will clip less when the mouth is open. I'll try resetting the expression registry, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love to see something like this for the giants, sure its a modified version of the standing one but like the idea that her arms are pinned at her sides and being thrust onto the creature.

304023.jpg

I definitely second this as well. Excellent suggestion!

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of the human to human animations could be used for the creatures! Would make creating the animations half the work!

Chuckle.  Not quite :D

The animations are specific to the skeletons for each race / species.   Unless the creature shares the exact same skeleton as their human counterpart, the end result would look like something out of a Steven King novel were you to try and apply it to anything other than the skeleton for which it was designed. 

The animations are a LOT of work.  They take a lot of time as each one has to be custom built for each actor in the scene.  As the interactions also require alignment tweaking due to size mismatches of the actors in question, ( Eg: I can't reuse human on werewolf animations for human on atronach ) even reusing parts of an animation is really tough to do. 

Time.  If you're going to get into animating, make sure you have lots and lots of free time on your hands. :D

A lot of the human to human animations could be used for the creatures! Would make creating the animations half the work!

Chuckle.  Not quite :D

The animations are specific to the skeletons for each race / species.   Unless the creature shares the exact same skeleton as their human counterpart, the end result would look like something out of a Steven King novel were you to try and apply it to anything other than the skeleton for which it was designed. 

The animations are a LOT of work.  They take a lot of time as each one has to be custom built for each actor in the scene.  As the interactions also require alignment tweaking due to size mismatches of the actors in question, ( Eg: I can't reuse human on werewolf animations for human on atronach ) even reusing parts of an animation is really tough to do. 

Time.  If you're going to get into animating, make sure you have lots and lots of free time on your hands. :D

Well I know how to animate and have everything set up (been fooling around with the Hargraven) but I have no idea how to get two skeletons into max and cannot find any info on the subject anywhere! Also a lot of the creatures skeletons will not import into max for me eg: Skeever, Mudcrab, Cow, Deer, Ice Wraith, Goat, Slaughterfish and Wisp. I,m using max 9 and have tried all 3 niftools from the Nexus!

I'm not sure if the existing .Nif tool plugins play nice with Max 9 or not.  I use Max 2010 for importing and exporting funtions since this is the version required for Havok Tools Exporter to work properly. 

You'll need to use Max's ability to rename in order to get more than one skeleton into a scene at the same time. 

Assuming you will be starting the animation from scratch, import the first actor skeleton into Max.  Import any mesh files associated with this actor so they bind correctly to the skeleton. ( Important that this is done before the next step )

Now select the entire skeleton.

Then go to Tools -> Rename Objects.  Uncheck Base Name and check Suffix.  Type in a suffix here. 

If I have a scene with two actors, say male and female, then I will add an appropriate suffix to the skeleton to indicate this.

Eg:  Suffix Field = -male or -female depending on which skeleton I imported.   Hit the rename button. 

When done correctly, every bone in the skeleton will have the " -male " or " -female " suffix applied. 

It will look something along these lines:

NPC L Finger 10 [LF10]-male

NPC L Finger 11 [LF11]-male

NPC L Finger 12 [LF12]-male

etc. etc.

At this point, I highly suggest putting your skeleton on one layer, the mesh it is driving on another and name them so you know which layer is what.

One done, you can now safely import the second skeleton as the first is now named differently ( because of the suffix ) and none of the bone names will conflict.  I typically will run through the suffix process with each actor in the scene, and put them into their own layers as well just to keep the scene organization straight.

A VERY important thing to keep in mind is to remember to remove the suffix prior to creating the animation file.  If you don't, the animation file will contain bone names ( because of the suffix ) that will not match up with the bone names within the game.  So, anytime you're creating animation files, make sure you remove the suffix you placed on the bones prior to doing so.*  ( This is also why you put suffixes on all actors. If you don't, when you remove the suffix at this point, there is a chance your bone names will conflict, borking everything up ) 

*Select the entire skeleton for the Actor in question ( this is why I put them into their own layers ) and go to Tools -> Rename Objects.  Uncheck the base name and check the " Remove Last " box.  Indicate how many characters to remove ( so if you used -male that's 5, -female is 7 ) and hit the rename button.  This should bring the bones back to their original naming convention and you're free to create the animation file.  Make sure to put the suffix back on once you're done so you can do the other character.

So to recap:

Import actor skeleton

Import actor meshes

Select entire skeleton

Add suffix to all bones via rename objects

Organize into layers per actor per type ( one for mesh one for bones )

Repeat for all actors in scene

Build your rigs

Animate the scene

Remove suffix for Actor A

Create animation files for Actor A

Readd suffix for Actor A

Remove suffix for Actor B

Create animation files for Actor B

Readd suffix for Actor B

I'm not sure if the existing .Nif tool plugins play nice with Max 9 or not.  I use Max 2010 for importing and exporting funtions since this is the version required for Havok Tools Exporter to work properly. 

You'll need to use Max's ability to rename in order to get more than one skeleton into a scene at the same time. 

Assuming you will be starting the animation from scratch, import the first actor skeleton into Max.  Import any mesh files associated with this actor so they bind correctly to the skeleton. ( Important that this is done before the next step )

Now select the entire skeleton.

Then go to Tools -> Rename Objects.  Uncheck Base Name and check Suffix.  Type in a suffix here. 

If I have a scene with two actors, say male and female, then I will add an appropriate suffix to the skeleton to indicate this.

Eg:  Suffix Field = -male or -female depending on which skeleton I imported.   Hit the rename button. 

When done correctly, every bone in the skeleton will have the " -male " or " -female " suffix applied. 

It will look something along these lines:

NPC L Finger 10 [LF10]-male

NPC L Finger 11 [LF11]-male

NPC L Finger 12 [LF12]-male

etc. etc.

At this point, I highly suggest putting your skeleton on one layer, the mesh it is driving on another and name them so you know which layer is what.

One done, you can now safely import the second skeleton as the first is now named differently ( because of the suffix ) and none of the bone names will conflict.  I typically will run through the suffix process with each actor in the scene, and put them into their own layers as well just to keep the scene organization straight.

A VERY important thing to keep in mind is to remember to remove the suffix prior to creating the animation file.  If you don't, the animation file will contain bone names ( because of the suffix ) that will not match up with the bone names within the game.  So, anytime you're creating animation files, make sure you remove the suffix you placed on the bones prior to doing so.*  ( This is also why you put suffixes on all actors. If you don't, when you remove the suffix at this point, there is a chance your bone names will conflict, borking everything up ) 

*Select the entire skeleton for the Actor in question ( this is why I put them into their own layers ) and go to Tools -> Rename Objects.  Uncheck the base name and check the " Remove Last " box.  Indicate how many characters to remove ( so if you used -male that's 5, -female is 7 ) and hit the rename button.  This should bring the bones back to their original naming convention and you're free to create the animation file.  Make sure to put the suffix back on once you're done so you can do the other character.

So to recap:

Import actor skeleton

Import actor meshes

Select entire skeleton

Add suffix to all bones via rename objects

Organize into layers per actor per type ( one for mesh one for bones )

Repeat for all actors in scene

Build your rigs

Animate the scene

Remove suffix for Actor A

Create animation files for Actor A

Readd suffix for Actor A

Remove suffix for Actor B

Create animation files for Actor B

Readd suffix for Actor B

Thank you very much for that info, now I should be able to at least begin some animation work. As for the import skeleton problem I mentioned with those creatures, tried with Max 2011 with same result. Unfortunately I don't have max 2010!

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see more troll animations. Specifically a blowjob (forced or consensual, of course having both would be best) and being held to the troll's chest while it slams away. So if you ever work on troll animations (if you're even still alive :P) I think these two types animations would be great additions.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...