Maternity Clothes - Rework Project

This project is at Halstroms request.  It is is a project to make Maternity Clothes easier to maintain, grow and develop while giving the users a better choice of the files and resources that they need. I am only uploading the files that I have done so far. I am not the administrator of the changes. Ultimately Halstrom is the gatekeeper of this project. It will take quite some time to finish and reincorporate the changes into SCR.

NOTE: Not to be used by individuals needing Maternity files. WILL NOT WORK. This is project to reorganized the material in a easier and more selective form that individuals can then download what the need instead of the whole zip file.

from Halstrom http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15699-maternityclothesfull-pack-old-version-re-upload/page-5 post 82

Yeah, at some stage I really would like to resort/rename it all so it's by body properly and set out into 5 or more packs like vanilla stuff, BnB stuff, Damaged stuff, DLC stuff, lore unfriendly stuff, etc so people can choose just the ones they want but they use a common sensical folder structure.

What would be good is if someone could split them into the download packs as they are, then we could modify them one pack at a time over to the new structure as I have to change the SCR references to suit. Anyone with windows file drag & drop ability could do the other end, I just don't have time to do so.

It would be a matter of listing all the outfits then deciding which ones are essentials like vanilla stuff like leather armor etc, stuff that's used by plugin NPC's in Legion & Breeder like the Fortune outfit, non lore stuff like Mantis suits & Ghost suit, other extra stuff that is lore friendly like Lady armor, basically grouped by what people are likely to install, and naming the packs appropriately. That would be the first step and require no changes to SCR, where the files and filenames doesn't change, just the pack they are downloaded in, it just gives people the choice not to download meshes & textures they aren't going to see in their game. Maybe make the packs into BSA's or more FOMM friendly for when we update them. This would mean when we add outfits or fix them people could just add the updated pack.

The we can look at each pack one at a time and better arrange the folder structures so we don't have BnB outfits aren't in PregnantCali, PregnantCali could be replaced by a file called just Pregnant and basically have a folder for each outfit that contains all the body variations and damaged variations etc.

The current work has moved to post 30

Sorry if I have this wrong, but from the archives you posted it seems you've gone past this stage:

from Halstrom http://www.loverslab.com/topic/15699-maternityclothesfull-pack-old-version-re-upload/page-5 post 82

What would be good is if someone could split them into the download packs as they are, then we could modify them one pack at a time over to the new structure as I have to change the SCR references to suit. Anyone with windows file drag & drop ability could do the other end, I just don't have time to do so.

It would be a matter of listing all the outfits then deciding which ones are essentials like vanilla stuff like leather armor etc, stuff that's used by plugin NPC's in Legion & Breeder like the Fortune outfit, non lore stuff like Mantis suits & Ghost suit, other extra stuff that is lore friendly like Lady armor, basically grouped by what people are likely to install, and naming the packs appropriately. That would be the first step and require no changes to SCR, where the files and filenames doesn't change, just the pack they are downloaded in,

and straight on to the reworking of file structure, which would require SCR changes too?

Sorry if I have this wrong, but from the archives you posted it seems you've gone past this stage:

and straight on to the reworking of file structure, which would require SCR changes too?

Umm yeah , I can't fault the enthusiasm but you sort of skipped stage 1 of the project completely, which would produce something people could use now as it would be using the existing folder locations for everything, just splitting the meshes into pickable packs  :)

I was thinking the new thread would become the normal Maternity pack thread, then we would just release updates as I update SCR for each pack.

Also in stage 2 we won't need Cali on the front of all those folders, as I was planning to just dump all the outfit versions in the same outfit folder, one of the ideas of is to reduce the number of folders, currently some outfits are 7 or 8 levels deep in the system, it's a pain to do anything on them.

Where we do have 2 versions of an outfit we should rename the non-T3Cali nifs with a suffix like T3M or BnB. and probably rename all the ones that don't describe the outfit like Preg1st. Renaming them is no big deal as I would be readdressing all the folders anyway in SCR.

Umm yeah , I can't fault the enthusiasm but you sort of skipped stage 1 of the project completely,

I work backwards in a project from the finished product to the beginning and then design the path to the goal. Minimizes effort and repetition. Of course you guys can follow whatever path you desire of course.

I needed to understand the desires and final product before I could actually even begin to start the "Stage 1". I still need to understand and arrange or have the textures arranged to be able to do Stage 1. What I was working on in PM before I created this thread. I can't finish or do Stage 1 because I don't understand how the Textures fit with the rest of the process.

This is what you were talking about for Stage 1. Except the Textures aren't arranged and some fine tuning might be needed.

So Little faith in the little green Alien.. :(

was thinking the new thread would become the normal Maternity pack thread, then we would just release updates as I update SCR for each pack.

If you want to kill this thread and create a new on for you to OP and watch over that would be fine. I thought the final product would be transferred to the existing thread. If there is going to be a new thread then you should create it. and thus be head of it.

@ritualclarity

Ah, all becomes crystal clear - simply didn't think of you doing a top-down type approach! :blush:

I went the straight-forward route, tackling stage 1 only. So, we could meet in the middle, eh?

I still have my work on stage 1 on disk here... though all I'd done was put what I could determine to be vanilla outfits into their own directory, with same internal structure, of course. And... just meshes. I figured I'd understand textures better later, and there's fewer of them, too.

Regarding what might go into the other packs. Well, I'd have to know what goes with what, which was where I bogged down between my mention in the other thread of working on this bit by bit, and your announcing you were already on the case. To help me understand that, I started looking in FNVEdit at SCR's Armor section... Started putting stuff in a spreadsheet so as to be able to collate which outfits have which of P0-P7...

You see where that's going, right? It's quite complicated now and I haven't finished adding in all the stuff - got OCD-ish and added all the armor stuff, heh! I figured it'll give me a better understanding of it all, if nothing else.

I also figured that once the data entry is done (you get to listen to a lot of music doing that lol), I can systematise it and start dividing into separate pages of a sheet by category.

The other part of the reasoning was seeing that, e.g., Sunny's Outfit only has P1 and P3 meshes, but in SCR's ESM it goes P0-P6.

I won't need too much longer to reach the point of putting together the packs for stage 1 - I'll happily go through dealing with the textures too, for that. (It's been a difficult week so far, though, so it'll be a few days off still.)

Once that's done, I will be in a better position to help with helping the two efforts meet in the middle, if that sounds good to you? :)

Hope that makes you a happier alien!

@ritualclarity

Ah, all becomes crystal clear - simply didn't think of you doing a top-down type approach! :blush:

I went the straight-forward route, tackling stage 1 only. So, we could meet in the middle, eh?

I still have my work on stage 1 on disk here... though all I'd done was put what I could determine to be vanilla outfits into their own directory, with same internal structure, of course. And... just meshes. I figured I'd understand textures better later, and there's fewer of them, too.

Regarding what might go into the other packs. Well, I'd have to know what goes with what, which was where I bogged down between my mention in the other thread of working on this bit by bit, and your announcing you were already on the case. To help me understand that, I started looking in FNVEdit at SCR's Armor section... Started putting stuff in a spreadsheet so as to be able to collate which outfits have which of P0-P7...

You see where that's going, right? It's quite complicated now and I haven't finished adding in all the stuff - got OCD-ish and added all the armor stuff, heh! I figured it'll give me a better understanding of it all, if nothing else.

I also figured that once the data entry is done (you get to listen to a lot of music doing that lol), I can systematise it and start dividing into separate pages of a sheet by category.

The other part of the reasoning was seeing that, e.g., Sunny's Outfit only has P1 and P3 meshes, but in SCR's ESM it goes P0-P6.

I won't need too much longer to reach the point of putting together the packs for stage 1 - I'll happily go through dealing with the textures too, for that. (It's been a difficult week so far, though, so it'll be a few days off still.)

Once that's done, I will be in a better position to help with helping the two efforts meet in the middle, if that sounds good to you? :)

Hope that makes you a happier alien!

All I did for stage 1 work was copy the maternity folder and delete anything that wasn't part of the NudeUnderwear scope. zip and upload I thought that was what Halstrom wanted first... Perhaps I was wrong. The textures still needed work but the meshes should be ok.

The next would do the same based off the folders that I skipped the stage 1 to go to the end....lol. It has most of the meshes in the order that Halstrom was stating or at least as far as I understand.

Yeah, that's exactly my understanding of the sort of pack-split Halstrom wants for stage 1. I'd probably have put underwear with lingerie and had bodies separate, but that's down to how things look overall once the rest of the split-packs are roughed out, and what Halstrom thinks about it :)

So, I need to understand, how far back from the end had you come towards the stage 1 split-packs? (In other words, have I caused you to think about them too soon?)

Also, are the textures a showstopper for that, or could they maybe just fall into place later?

Can you safely ignore the stage 1 stuff for now, proceed with the end result stuff and let me produce some stage 1 packs in the next few days? (The textures would be included, even if it means me tracing which meshes use which textures in FNVEdit / GECK.)

I am honestly getting confused with the entire process. The packs that I loaded up on the OP was as far as I was able to get. (end process) The textures and how they work in the process is a showstopper for me as well.

Post 5 was an example of the folder structure kept intact. I just went in knowing what was needed for that pack and eliminated the rest and 7z the entire folder for upload. However even with that upload the textures take way to much space and I am sure that all of them aren't needed but which ones? I am not sure that is what is desired but it was an attempt.

You are farther along than I as you have FNVedit and I don't have it installed or Fallout New Vegas installed and configured right now and most likely won't for awhile.

Perhaps look at the OP and those in the Meshes folder and you should see some of what I thought the finish would be. The files might have the prefix of the current folder structure. BnB, Cali etc. with the actual name of the folder afterwards. This needed to be done of course because the files might have overwritten each other if they were put together but I wasn't sure. I had limited time going into Thanksgiving weekend.

EDIT:

Perhaps for the finished product if there are any that have the same name for the files. Those files can be renamed intead of the actual folders. This way the various choices for bodies could be kept in a folder for the modder to select. Or would that be to much of a problem with making mistakes. ..

Having a quick looking through the textures, I'm wondering whether they are all used or maternity related, they may already come from where ever the default non-pregnant outfit gets them, someone needs to go through the GECk and see which I've used for what in the textures section.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the GECK so I won't be able to do much in the way of GECK work. Most of this seems to be GECK work. I tried. ,,, sad Alien.

This alien is also trying to get Skyrim up and running as well as learning more. Hopefully in the future I would be able to do more .. maybe. 

• 1 month later...

I don't think it is "going" anywhere. It is beyond my current abilities. I don't know about others. I think it is also on the back burner for Halstrom right now since he is working on his SCR adding and creating NX stuff.

I started to try to do some of the stuff and just started to get confused and messed up.

OK, my two pennies' worth...

I got distracted, first by Xmas, then by A Quest for Heaven (all three of it :cool: ).

I have a spreadsheet (in .ods format) with all the clothing in SCR - well, it was current for the time, at least as up to date as the Breeder Matriarch cloaks going into it. (I know Hal took a few things out since, but that's easy to sort). It's not completely categorised but it's well on the way. I can upload that any time but have held off as I figure it might be better to PM it to Halstrom or whoever else can use it.

I was working on splitting stuff into packs, at least for meshes. I have one for the pregnant bodies, one for vanilla, some others (bit tired right now to go and check). The rest, I was splitting into 'pre-packs', as it were, for individual clothing, which can then be combined once I (and hopefully others) decide what goes with what. (Categorising things, especially as with the non-lore stuff I'm completely unfamiliar with most of it, isn't always my strong suit.)

I'd started to trace textures (and whether the ones included in the current download are actually used) before AQfH seriously distracted me. Since finishing that (playing much else in FO3 is sorta anti-climactic afterwards, believe me!), just been having an initial look at the ins & outs of going for TTW, but the plan was actually to get this done finally.

So, will PM the spreadsheet if you want it, and pick up on the rest in the morning once I see what replies I get! :)

OK, the file's originally in .ods format, as used by OpenOffice / LibreOffice. For some reason all I'm getting with that is that I'm not permitted to upload that kind of file :s

So, what I am uploading is in Excel format but 'quick and dirty' (as in, I haven't opened it after saving it in LibreOffice, nor do I have Excel to check if it's not borked).

SCR and Maternity Clothes.xlsx

So, FormID's in the sheet, the xx for the first two digits are wherever SCR is in your load order, ofc.

Sorry it has a lot of sub-sheets.

Feed back :)

That is awesome stuff, I think I've only added a couple of Symbiotes/Graboids and a Red/Black Nun Mantis suit, I can probably delete some that don't have pregnant variations or meshes, some were put in because someone was going to make them but it never happened.

@nyaallich

I would.. or I did... except I just can't becasue I really don't understand what is going on (mechanics) I understand the conceptual and finished goal. So intead I will through some likes to ChianasGeek for the help he is giving this project. It isn't much but is a nice gesture anyway.  :angel: 

I thought it was something along the lines of just repacking the textures and meshes however it went deeper than that...

into the rabit hole,

I am not ready to go... :D

@ChianasGeek

As for the sub sheets. I think that was the best way to go. Helps even this alien understand what was what even where the contributions came from. Added a lot of info. So how did you do it is my question. Did you just open up the GECK and copy the various records, names and such into an file? If so how did you tell the difference between the preg versions? Curious Aliens want to know... (Always interested in mental .. stumbleation :P )

Well the initial 1st stage was to just break the download into packs of vanilla, nude, lore friendly etc, so people could just install the meshes they wanted rather than everything, but they would install in the same folders etc as the original large download, the next stage was to organise the file names and folders better but that required changes in SCR in parallel and we would do just one pack at a time.

Also If I remember correctly they would be in 100mb packs that can be downloaded here without much fuss. Then they can add the required and/or wanted textures as needed. The references or records would just be in SCR. Later if needed it could even be moved to other mods such as Pregnancy or such since it was more modular. I just couldn't do much without GECK and understanding it... :(

@nyaallich

I would.. or I did... except I just can't becasue I really don't understand what is going on (mechanics) I understand the conceptual and finished goal. So intead I will through some likes to ChianasGeek for the help he is giving this project. It isn't much but is a nice gesture anyway.  :angel:

I thought it was something along the lines of just repacking the textures and meshes however it went deeper than that...

into the rabit hole,

I am not ready to go... :D

@ChianasGeek

As for the sub sheets. I think that was the best way to go. Helps even this alien understand what was what even where the contributions came from. Added a lot of info. So how did you do it is my question. Did you just open up the GECK and copy the various records, names and such into an file? If so how did you tell the difference between the preg versions? Curious Aliens want to know... (Always interested in mental .. stumbleation :P )

Thanks for the likes, they're appreciated :D

How I did the sheets? Pure grind. I'm just a lowly Nebari (Resistance) tech... Went through the entire list of Armor from SCR in FNVEdit, adding entries into the sheet for EditorID, FullName and FormID. Once done, they got grouped. Pure grind, heh. Humans might call that OCD ;)

@All

OK, no further updates already yet 'cos it was a bit of bad day - LL crapped out on a few dl's and then went dead completely, plus I was tired and distracted. Still, FNV here is up to date so I am equpped to resume!