RaceMenu or ECE ?

dje34

2,300 members have voted

1. 1. Which Character Creation Mod do you prefer ?

• RaceMenu
    • ECE
    • Other (please, tell us)

Still love ECE, without this...

I can't make the facial expression so unique.

That is one impressive looking character :D Anything addons used to make her, or just plain old ECE? I'm switching back from RaceMenu because like someone said earlier in this thread its easier for a total non-artist like me to make a decent looking character. Right now I'm trying to find someones preset that I can tweak to make it my own, as I'm horrible at creating characters lol.

ECE is better for making your own really custom style character. I think CharGen is more of an extension to the vanilla with a more user friendly interface...if that's what you're into. I choose ECE personally

I don't know where you got that idea tbh. RM's implementation of CharGen amounts to a whole lot more than a mere extension of vanilla sliders. When was the last time you used it I wonder, January 2013?

That is one impressive looking character :D Anything addons used to make her, or just plain old ECE? I'm switching back from RaceMenu because like someone said earlier in this thread its easier for a total non-artist like me to make a decent looking character. Right now I'm trying to find someones preset that I can tweak to make it my own, as I'm horrible at creating characters lol.

Don't have any addons, just sample last ver of ECE, that's all.

I see ECE is quite hard for some people, RM is more easy, quick and convenient can make a good face.

Don't have any addons, just sample last ver of ECE, that's all.

I see ECE is quite hard for some people, RM is more easy, quick and convenient can make a good face.

I have found this to be the opposite for myself

I was able to create something I like in ECE easily, but when I tried racemenu i found myself quite overwhelmed by it. I ended up going back to ECE

I'm certain there will come a time when I will need to switch to racemenu and spend a good week working at it, but for now I just want to play

I use RaceMenu personally, never tried ECE since I like using Ethereal Elven Overhaul and I don't believe they're compatible. Both are capable of producing great looking characters in my opinion so you can't go wrong either way.

This is my character Abigail in RaceMenu:

y8NXRX4.jpg

RaceMenu, since ECE has been long outdated maybe in 2013 its last update.

but RaceMenu keeps updated, and it is a lot easier to make a good-looking char using RaceMenu.

but still yes, maybe if u gonna use a very long time editing character's face, ECE could make it better i mean with more variation according to our own liking, coz ECE has a more variation to make rather than RaceMenu.

but as for me, using RaceMenu only, i've satisfied with how my char look.

tried using both together, it's not working well like intended for me, so it's better use only 1 of them. and that, i prefer RaceMenu.

here's my character using RaceMenu (profile picture). too lazy to edit her again, maybe i'll update later when i'm in the mood for it. took a long time when i edit face.....

ECE is pretty much a dead mod. the creator stopped skyrim modding long time ago and the guy who uploaded the stuff on nexus lacks in terms of knowledge to fix the bugs.

using racemenu is a safe an still maintained way.

ECE is pretty much a dead mod. the creator stopped skyrim modding long time ago and the guy who uploaded the stuff on nexus lacks in terms of knowledge to fix the bugs.

using racemenu is a safe an still maintained way.

I agree but there are still some useful functions ECE has and RM doesn't.

ECE's interface blends into the natural menu better. It responds faster, its not all jittery. And the characters look better with the mod out of the box.

This face took me maybe 6 minutes to make. I cannot replicate it with Racemenu, I have seen decent screens of toons made with RM, and I dont know how they did it. But apparently you can somehow, Tivoko's shows that. Maybe with a head mesh or tri that is separate from RM.

post-173265-0-26139600-1413910671_thumb.jpg

You have to get real close before the face looks chopped and edged

post-173265-0-21905600-1413910684_thumb.jpg

I use RaceMenu personally, never tried ECE since I like using Ethereal Elven Overhaul and I don't believe they're compatible. Both are capable of producing great looking characters in my opinion so you can't go wrong either way.

This is my character Abigail in RaceMenu:

y8NXRX4.jpg

What did you use to make the face rounder without the sharp chopped edges? Vanilla Racemenu doesnt do that.

Race Menu is superior in almost every way. The overlay stuff is especially appealing, although I've had the sliders turn buggy on me a couple of times. ECE has the vertex editor though. It really depends on my mood or the character I want to play. I remember I wanted one with a huge amount of freckles, and I could accomplish that in Race Menu, but not in ECE. My current character has a super-detailed face though, which I had to use ECE's vertex editor to accomplish. Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Race Menu has an Undo button. If Race Menu ever gets the vertex editor though, I will switch to it, and never look back.

I use both. I only use RM on some profiles because certain mods in those games require it or just aren't compatible with ECE (like Demonica, for example). I'd use ECE on all of them if I could, though. If I was more into tattoos I'd probably go with RM, since the overlay feature is pretty sweet.

Race Menu is superior in almost every way. The overlay stuff is especially appealing, although I've had the sliders turn buggy on me a couple of times. ECE has the vertex editor though. It really depends on my mood or the character I want to play. I remember I wanted one with a huge amount of freckles, and I could accomplish that in Race Menu, but not in ECE. My current character has a super-detailed face though, which I had to use ECE's vertex editor to accomplish. Also, I could be wrong, but I don't think Race Menu has an Undo button. If Race Menu ever gets the vertex editor though, I will switch to it, and never look back.

Since RM has yet to have its own vertex editor, for now I use any of RAN46's facemeshes.

• 5 weeks later...

59088-Why-dont-we-have-both-gif-qokB.gif

Well, a lot of players/modders think the same but because of conflicts and bugs and that they are not made to work together I don't think it is a good idea to use both at the same time if you want to keep your game stable and clean.

Archived