RaceMenu or ECE ?

dje34

2,300 members have voted

1. 1. Which Character Creation Mod do you prefer ?

• RaceMenu
    • ECE
    • Other (please, tell us)

none of them, i refuse to use any of them and or any enb, when i played i saw 98% of the time her back, so watch the point of all those crappy programs

just vanilla only some texture files

attachicon.gifface.jpg

Well, it's your choice ! But I have to admit your are an exception !

@ Lovers Lab members : When I started this poll, I didn't think it would create so many reactions ! Thanks for answering and giving your opinion but...

Never forget that your choice is YOURS, so stay respectful as other people make other choices. Thanks ! And keep voting and telling us why you've made this choice !

Racemenu. ECE just messes everything up and then I can only select one nose, one eye type etc.

I had that problem. One of the main reason I stopped using ECE. I love me some EEO but it isn't compatible with ECE. Funny thing is you can use the ECE morphs with Chargen Ext and it works with EEO. I've used ECE without EEO and it just makes your character look human... which completely defeats the purpose of picking an non-human race >.<. Plus Dunmer are my favorite race and without EEO a lot of them look like goblins in game. I still don't believe anyone who worked on Skyrim played Morrowind....

Edit : Proof that not every character made in ECE looks like a Naruto Reject... http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/images/346273/?

Okay, so just in order to give more substance to this poll, here is my new character for screenshots, made with ECE and a few mods for customization like hair, eyebrows, body replacer (CBBE v3.2) and surely some others I don't remember :

Nymphea

post-252277-0-63337200-1383759305_thumb.jpg

post-252277-0-42366600-1383759394_thumb.jpg

Okay, so just in order to give more substance to this poll, here is my new character for screenshots, made with ECE and a few mods for customization like hair, eyebrows, body replacer (CBBE v3.2) and surely some others I don't remember :

Nymphea

Wood Elf... Naked in the forest... Sent my mind here.

Why is the question RaceMenu or ECE? RaceMenu only does a part of what ECE does, namely just UI changes, easier color picking and some texture overlaying. Changing "RaceMenu vs ECE" to "RaceMenu + CharGen Extension vs ECE" would be a much better poll.

I myself prefer RaceMenu + CharGen Extension, because everything ECE does Expired will make RaceMenu/CharGen Ext. do at least as good, but much cleaner. Installing RaceMenu + CharGen Extension (ECE or Nuska morphs) overwrites completely nothing and doesn't tamper with existing characters. ECE changes lots of game files and renders several mods unusable (custom races aren't so easily integrated for instance, just to name one). Also with CharGen Extension you switch up morph sets on the fly in case you decide you want to get different shapes from the sliders.

Personally I use The Ningheim + CharGen Extension ECE Morphs. Seamless integration, easy installation(/uninstallation), doesn't change existing characters and no overwriting of any files or whatsoever.

RaceMenu is going to have Vertex Editing too, so I won't count vertex editing as an advantage ECE has over RaceMenu.

WOW thanks for the tip Seren that's good info... :cool:  I kept wondering why when I would go to change some of the features of my Ningheim & I couldn't because I was using standard ECE like I couldn't change the nose or it would default to a different  nose that was horrible, & the eyes don't get me started on the eyes...oie   I will look into CharGen Extention thanks again.

Why is the question RaceMenu or ECE? RaceMenu only does a part of what ECE does, namely just UI changes, easier color picking and some texture overlaying. Changing "RaceMenu vs ECE" to "RaceMenu + CharGen Extension vs ECE" would be a much better poll.

I myself prefer RaceMenu + CharGen Extension, because everything ECE does Expired will make RaceMenu/CharGen Ext. do at least as good, but much cleaner. Installing RaceMenu + CharGen Extension (ECE or Nuska morphs) overwrites completely nothing and doesn't tamper with existing characters. ECE changes lots of game files and renders several mods unusable (custom races aren't so easily integrated for instance, just to name one). Also with CharGen Extension you switch up morph sets on the fly in case you decide you want to get different shapes from the sliders.

Personally I use The Ningheim + CharGen Extension ECE Morphs. Seamless integration, easy installation(/uninstallation), doesn't change existing characters and no overwriting of any files or whatsoever.

RaceMenu is going to have Vertex Editing too, so I won't count vertex editing as an advantage ECE has over RaceMenu.

Right ! But I'm not as good as you guys at modding, and I don't get it when you talk about RaceMenu + CharGen Extension. Maybe I could give it a try, would you mind sharing the links ?

Btw, can you change facial expressions for screenshots with RaceMenu + CharGen Extension ?

EDIT - Oh, before I forget ! Racemenu is allowing many more values for my CBBE custom body, much more than ECE, for example the weight of my character.

That's just the thing though, RaceMenu/CharGen Ext just bugs out for me.

Like I said in my previous post, for example I create my character and then if I decide to load the character slot, it resets a lot of the morphing. Or, when trying to add a custom race it was finicky, ECE works straight out the box. If I go mer then I switch back, otherwise ECE for me.

Like I said in my previous post, for example I create my character and then if I decide to load the character slot, it resets a lot of the morphing. Or, when trying to add a custom race it was finicky, ECE works straight out the box. If I go mer then I switch back, otherwise ECE for me.

That's really odd you know. Why don't you try The Ningheim with CharGen ECE? I mean, it's not that I mean to advertise; CharGen ECE simply worked straight off the bat with The Ningheim.

Also, I'm curious why you're using character slots. Sounds overly complicated. I only use regular saves and I really don't need anything else.

If you or anyone else for that matter is interested in trying The Ningheim + CharGen ECE/Nuska and you feel like you don't know how to install it, do this:

• Go to the CharGen Extension mod page.
  • Grab the CharGen Core and CharGen Morphs ECE from under the "Main Files".
  • Now go to "Optional Files" and get The Ningheim ECE Morphs.
  • Go in-game to find out that your existing characters look the same (if you had any).
  • Use the new sliders (they're below the vanilla ones in each menu) to either get your existing character's look down the way you've always wanted to or make a totally new character with the awesome new sliders.

The same goes the "standard" CharGen Morphs, which are Nuska's and will probably give you more vanilla-esque shapes.

That's really odd you know. Why don't you try The Ningheim with CharGen ECE? I mean, it's not that I mean to advertise; CharGen ECE simply worked straight off the bat with The Ningheim.

Also, I'm curious why you're using character slots. Sounds overly complicated. I only use regular saves and I really don't need anything else.

If you or anyone else for that matter is interested in trying The Ningheim + CharGen ECE/Nuska and you feel like you don't know how to install it, do this:

• Go to the CharGen Extension mod page.
  • Grab the CharGen Core and CharGen Morphs ECE from under the "Main Files".
  • Now go to "Optional Files" and get The Ningheim ECE Morphs.
  • Go in-game to find out that your existing characters look the same (if you had any).
  • Use the new sliders (they're below the vanilla ones in each menu) to either get your existing character's look down the way you've always wanted to or make a totally new character with the awesome new sliders.

The same goes the "standard" CharGen Morphs, which are Nuska's and will probably give you more vanilla-esque shapes.

Advertising is cool, I really enjoy the Ningheim race. And actually, that's the exact race I was using when I encountered the reset problems. At has absolutely nothing to do with Ningheim btw, because it was installed long before CharGen 2.0.0 anyway. I was using both Nuska and ECE morphs.

A.) If I loaded a preset, many of the morphs reset themselves

B.) If I loaded a save, died, etc. something on the head would pull face textures from the vanilla path - actors/characters/female instead of actors/characters/Ningheim - certain files(.dds, s.dds, sometimes even the msn.dds) and the only way to reset that was to open showracemenu and change complexion then change back(although it was pointless because if I died or loaded a save it would do it again). 

Reinstalling Ningheim, RaceMenu, and CharGen, fixed problem B., but A. continued to persist. And it all started at CharGen 2.0.0+

I went back to Ashen race, because that's the one that fits my character Jann. I followed the instructions to include Ashen into the CharGen and it still wouldn't work. That coupled with problem A. I just went back to ECE, as I wasn't taking advantage of the perks RaceMenu has over ECE(stacked paints, and I'm not playing an elf atm). 

I mean, when it comes down to it, other than the Vertex possibilities, less plugins/esps, and now that MFG works for 1.9, what reason would I even have to use ECE when RaceMenu/CharGen has the potential to have what ECE has + even more morphs to play around with.

My character Jann's face is still slightly off of the best version I've made, which is my forum avatar, because it used a combination of Nuska and ECE morphs, which I obviously can't do with just ECE. But if RaceMenu/CharGen isn't going to work correctly on my setup, or potential updates breaking faces I have a hard time going back. Which is a drag because I really liked RaceMenu/CharGen before 2.0.0 but some of the features from 2.0.0+ compelled me to update. Makes me think of Firefox or Apple products, hahah.

i used both few weeks back and they worked great together. right now i use Racemenu, Chargen, and that new mod that gives more options for skeleton (foot, spine ect).

with ECE i never was sure which Race Compatibility mod i was supposed to use. Pheonix's or the other. i use Lunari race. which RaceComp did you use?

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-.

-snip-

Lol, then CharGen Ext. is like Apple to me (easy usage), while it's more like M$ to you (lots o' trouble if it goes wrong).

You know, I never use the preset save/load function, but couldn't it be that it's only designed to save/load vanilla sliders? Maybe you could try reporting your problem to Expired. He's usually a pretty crafty guy when it comes down to programming, so maybe he can fix it. :)

I much prefer Racemenu's interface, that alone won me over form ECE. It's achilles heel is definitely it's chargen support though, I've already had to scrap a character (my avatar) after updating it totally ruined her face, and because of it's weird tendancy to only offer extra sliders for morphs when it wants to. But I can forgive it these shenanigans because I love it's overlays.

I've also found RM doesn't suffer as much lag as ECE did. 

I switched to ECE when all the additional sliders were added. I never was really satisfied with the various face parts available before that. I have tried Race Menu a few times since but the menus seemed rather disorganized. If I cared about the warpaints and stuff I probably would have stayed with it. As for everyone not liking it because of the extra race there is an option in the installer to not add it.

Current character:

post-101267-0-98368500-1384453966_thumb.jpg

I switched on over to ECE after the new update. That update sold me on it and I like how I can make my character's cheeks fuller. As for which is better.. I'm not too sure, I think it depends on what you like. Race Menu seems a bit less laggier and 'cleaner' than ECE is, but ECE tends to give more slider options that work (for me, anyways). 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived