RaceMenu or ECE ?

dje34

2,300 members have voted

1. 1. Which Character Creation Mod do you prefer ?

• RaceMenu
    • ECE
    • Other (please, tell us)

Not sure I follow what you're saying. The screenshots you posted are from ECE. Are you saying the character in the screenshot is MOE?

it's MOE enough for me.

i didn't like big eyes or tiny chin like MOE anime.

and ECE is better? No this two mod is have it own good point.

But i'm use ECE because it suit my charater style that all.

this is my friend screenshot he use RM.

175910q0lpvsoopjsvjuve.jpg

it's beauty for me too.

like i said "This two mod is have it own good point."

so you like RM then use RM.

i like ECE i use ECE.

MOE = ECE

Real girls beauty = RM

I'll have you know that there are some people that could create moe-as-fuck characters with RM.

One of them is me.

mind if i ask you to show us a screenshot. i really want to see it.

Not sure I follow what you're saying. The screenshots you posted are from ECE. Are you saying the character in the screenshot is MOE?

it's MOE enough for me.

i didn't like big eyes or tiny chin like MOE anime.

and ECE is better? No this two mod is have it own good point.

But i'm use ECE because it suit my charater style that all.

this is my friend screenshot he use RM.

175910q0lpvsoopjsvjuve.jpg

it's beauty for me too.

like i said "This two mod is have it own good point."

so you like RM then use RM.

i like ECE i use ECE.

I'd actually like to see more screenshots of good characters made using RM. On the nexus page, I think I went through 9 pages of user screenshots and didn't see a single one I liked.

I'd be happy to switch to RM if I can see more good examples so I know I won't be wasting my time when I try to remake characters in RM.

ECE, simply because of the vertex editor. I also don't want to remake all of my characters with RM just yet. Other than that, I have absolutely no reason to continue using ECE as I feel that RM does everything else better. The author no longer updates ECE while RM gets really cool features added every once in a while.

When RM's face sculpter is complete I'll highly consider switching over. 

I've used Enhanced Character Edit for a long time.  And the only characters that I create are realistic ones.  And yes, ECE can do more than just anime-type characters.  Here's a few pics of some of mine for example:

lNyTWKH.jpg

Ig9QYLd.jpg

PwTM9Q9.jpg

3rd SS. I remember seeing that pic a while ago. One of the best screenies Ive seen.

ECE because RaceMenu just stays broken for me. The moment I use RaceMenu, all the faces are completely different. Either the author prefers his women to look that way, or I set something up wrong and RaceMenu uses the wrong values for sliders, remapping all the faces. They all look like a british housewife with RaceMenu. Wide eyes, short chin, large mouths, I don't know why that happens. Because I'd love RaceMenu for the tattoos and other features. Perhaps someone can help me?

RM is better in every way, but ECE is definitely more noob friendly. You launch it, choose one preset, tweak several sliders a bit and you already have a good looking character without much effort. RM is tricky, lot of sliders, overwhelming to use, and presets are not as "polished" to begin with, which requires more knowledge and dedication to achieve a satisfying result. Same for the vertex editor, only messed around with RM's a bit, more features and more powerful but you have to get used to it. ECE's one is more intuitive, you begin to click on the face and you understand how to handle it right away. My last char is 100% RM because I needed freckles and tattoo overlays. Since I created her back in september, I've spent like 3 hours on her and it's still far from the result I want, I'm banging my head on the wall with it.

ECE : heavy, need patches before being stable and usable (precache...), limited in possibilities and closed but easy enough to use and gets the job done. RM, bunch of features, stable and light, extensible, you have power over everything, but you gotta RTFM and accept the learning curve before you can do exactly what you want with it.

As usual, just my 2 cents, etc.

ECE because RaceMenu just stays broken for me. The moment I use RaceMenu, all the faces are completely different. Either the author prefers his women to look that way, or I set something up wrong and RaceMenu uses the wrong values for sliders, remapping all the faces. They all look like a british housewife with RaceMenu. Wide eyes, short chin, large mouths, I don't know why that happens. Because I'd love RaceMenu for the tattoos and other features. Perhaps someone can help me?

lol they aren't different because of RM, they are different because ECE made them different from original in the first place. lol

Solution: Don't think that ECE is Vanilla Skyrim looks.

lol they aren't different because of RM, they are different because ECE made them different from original in the first place. lol

When I installed ECE the faces were 1 on 1, I literally screenshotted the before and after to overlay them in Photoshop to see if they'd match which they did. Only the presets were different, which I don't use anyway. And that's the part I don't get. When I put RaceMenu over a clean install of Skyrim, it did change the faces and the slider numbers no longer matched.

I do not remember if I downloaded a custom ECE file to keep looks vanilla or not, as I did edit the ECE slider file to add my own sliders also. But it kept the Vanilla look and that doesn't explain why RaceMenu kept jumbling it up from the start, even on a clean install.

When I installed ECE the faces were 1 on 1, I literally screenshotted the before and after to overlay them in Photoshop to see if they'd match which they did. Only the presets were different, which I don't use anyway. And that's the part I don't get. When I put RaceMenu over a clean install of Skyrim, it did change the faces and the slider numbers no longer matched.

I do not remember if I downloaded a custom ECE file to keep looks vanilla or not, as I did edit the ECE slider file to add my own sliders also. But it kept the Vanilla look and that doesn't explain why RaceMenu kept jumbling it up from the start, even on a clean install.

The unmodified face is the same yes, but modifications are not exactly between the two, because ECE replaces them while, RM keeps the original and adds them to the originals as choices. That is why a face loaded in RM and ECE when you do it over skyrim default methodes will look different, that is why Expired is doing the face import that all that modifing that people did or ECE by itself has done is taken over from in ECE to RM switches.

The unmodified face is the same yes, but modifications are not exactly between the two, because ECE replaces them while, RM keeps the original and adds them to the originals as choices. That is why a face loaded in RM and ECE when you do it over skyrim default methodes will look different, that is why Expired is doing the face import that all that modifing that people did or ECE by itself has done is taken over from in ECE to RM switches.

But doesn't that mean that if I install RaceMenu on a clean Skyrim install, the faces should look unchanged? While on my install, they all were altered when I installed RaceMenu. Also on an install without ECE and a save without ECE.

I'll start digging through my data folder to see if there were any redundant DLL's but there weren't last time afaik.

edit: seems a little bugger was hiding in a SKSE subfolder rather than the main folder. Trying a reinstall. Fingers crossed. Hope this was why.

edit 2: same issue, shouldn't explain also why a clean install does it too.

MOE = ECE

Real girls beauty = RM

I'll have you know that there are some people that could create moe-as-fuck characters with RM.

One of them is me.

mind if i ask you to show us a screenshot. i really want to see it.

Sure man. here you go.

wwv0bd0.jpg

YiIK6lx.jpg

mMk0aTU.jpg

7dy7T8E.jpg

They're all 100% RM-made.

Oh it's look good.

Heck I'll do a clean install on my laptop in the weekend, patch it proper and see if it still happens, at the off chance that last time I cleanly installed I may have done something wrong. Fingers crossed.

Managed to make the faces work normal. New problem: I created a slider for Spine1 and Spine2 through a plugin pex. They work fine initially, but when I save and load, the slider modifications are gone and back to default. How come? They're not stored somehow with the other sliders?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the necro but it seems appropriate to ask this here instead of new topic
I'm currently using ece, but i miss the overlay option from RM. I know i can't have both, but for some reason i can create kinda beautiful character only with ece installed, i guess because ece install some features on character face.
The question is, can i have the rounded, clean, characters face from ece while using racemenu?
Correct me if i'm blabbling silly things, perhaps i still don't understand those mods correctly!

If you're talking about the vertex editor that ECE has, Expired is working on the sculpt tool, it's almost completed. There's a thread where he is dropping alphas(beta-alpha) faster than hotcakes. The new sculpt editor works more like traditional mesh editors where you work with the mesh rather than just pinpoint vertices. There is a learning curve but it's going to be awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually like both but for some reason my characters come out looking better with ECE I personally await the day when they combine the two and make one to rule them all :P

:D

That's already done, more or less.

I am a huge fan of ECE...it's simple, sleek, isn't laggy and it makes creating attractive characters very, very quick and painless. But with the newest version of RM and Blabba's Citrus Head you can make a fantastic character. When you see two sets of sliders with the same names the second set tends to behave like ECE's sliders.

I've been playing with RM lately and decided to just run with that at this point.

can i have the rounded, clean, characters face from ece while using racemenu?

Use the 'head shape' slider to change the head mesh to ran's smooth head mesh.

Even more better if you use the 'sculpt' feature.

...I am a huge fan of ECE...it's simple, sleek, isn't laggy and it makes creating attractive characters very, very quick and painless. But with the newest version of RM and Blabba's Citrus Head you can make a fantastic character. When you see two sets of sliders with the same names the second set tends to behave like ECE's sliders.

I've been playing with RM lately and decided to just run with that at this point.

How do you access the ECE morphs? I saw a "Head Shape" slider, but if that's the headmorph selection, I can't tell what number is associated to what headmorph.

It also looks like slider options are missing. I was looking for Mouth Shape 23, but the RM Mouth Shape slider maxed out at 17. I noticed the same problem on both Nose Type and Mouth Shape. RM has a less morph options. ECE has 28 Mouth Shapes while I saw 17 in RM.

Am I missing something? I thought RM was supposed to have all the ECE morphs.

Archived