SexLab Expressions - Submit MFG Presets

Next major release of SexLab will feature MFG facial animations that are applied to characters during sex, and can be applied to characters outside and inside of sex by modders. This is made possible in 1.9.32 via the SKSE plugin Mfg Console.

I however, am terrible at using MFG and coming up with presets to convey certain emotions. So I welcome and much appreciate anybody willing to give it a shot and submit some of their own that I can include with SexLab.

Explanation of the Expression System:
The plan is to have a set to "emotions" that can be applied to a character, male or female, which will contain a list of MFG commands through various phases of intensity. Each emotion should have AT LEAST 2 phases and can contain AT MOST 5 phases each phase increases the "intensity of the emotion. So for example if there was a "happy" emotion, phase 1 would apply an expression on the character that is rather mild and only slightly convey's them as happy, phase 5 of the same emotion would convey them as incredibly happy.

In addition to the phases, there is also separate male and female presets, so a male who has "happy" applied to them, will use a different set of MFG presets than a female who has "happy" applied to them.

While there will be a whole library of these expressions for modders to use with SexLab, the user will be able to select "default" expressions that will be applied to actors in the following roles:

• Consensual Male
  • Consensual Female
  • Aggressive Male
  • Aggressive Female
  • Victim Male
  • Victim Female

These roles will use the selected default expressions for each during sex, unless override by another mod.

Expression/Emotions Needed:
You can submit any expression you think will fit well with SexLab, but here is a list of ones to try for if you can't think of any: 

• Happy
  • Sad
  • Embarassed
  • Angry
  • Shy
  • Nervous
  • Focused
  • Lusty/Horny
  • Pained
  • Disgusted
  • Scared
  • Confused
  • Embarrassed

Submitting an Expression for SexLab to use:
When submitting an expression, please include the following information. A screenshot of each phase is also much appreciated, but not required.

Emotion Conveyed:

Female Phase 1: 

• List of MFG Commands for phase 1

Female Phase 2: 

• List of MFG Commands for phase 2

Female Phase 3: 

Female Phase 4: 

Female Phase 5: 

Male Phase 1: 

Male Phase 2: 

• List of MFG Commands for phase 2

Male Phase 3: 

Male Phase 4: 

Male Phase 5: 

As stated above, it needs to have at least 2 phases, and a maximum of 5 phases. Male and female do not have to have the same number of phases either; one can have 3 phases while the other has 5 for example.

Example Submission:
Emotion Conveyed: Pleasure

Female Phase 1:

• Expression 2 30
  • Phoneme 5 30
  • Phoneme 6 10

Female Phase 2:

• Expression 10 50
  • Modifier 4 30
  • Modifier 5 30
  • Modifier 6 20
  • Modifier 7 20
  • Phoneme 0 20
  • Phoneme 3 30

Female Phase 3:

• Expression 10 70
  • Modifier 2 50
  • Modifier 3 50
  • Modifier 4 30
  • Modifier 5 30
  • Modifier 6 70
  • Modifier 7 40
  • Phoneme 12 30
  • Phoneme 13 10

Female Phase 4:

• Expression 10 100
  • Modifier 0 10
  • Modifier 1 10
  • Modifier 2 25
  • Modifier 3 25
  • Modifier 6 100
  • Modifier 7 100
  • Modifier 12 30
  • Modifier 13 30
  • Phoneme 4 35
  • Phoneme 10 20
  • Phoneme 12 30

Female Phase 5:

• Expression 12 60
  • Modifier 0 15
  • Modifier 1 15
  • Modifier 2 25
  • Modifier 3 25
  • Modifier 4 60
  • Modifier 5 60
  • Modifier 11 100
  • Modifier 12 70
  • Modifier 13 30
  • Phoneme 0 40
  • Phoneme 5 20
  • Phoneme 12 80
  • Phoneme 15 20

Male Phase 1:

• Expression 2 30
  • Phoneme 5 30
  • Phoneme 6 10

Male Phase 2:

• Expression 10 50
  • Modifier 4 30
  • Modifier 5 30
  • Modifier 6 20
  • Modifier 7 20
  • Phoneme 0 20
  • Phoneme 3 30

Male Phase 3:

• Expression 10 70
  • Modifier 2 50
  • Modifier 3 50
  • Modifier 4 30
  • Modifier 5 30
  • Modifier 6 70
  • Modifier 7 40
  • Phoneme 12 30
  • Phoneme 13 10

Male Phase 4:

• Expression 10 100
  • Modifier 0 10
  • Modifier 1 10
  • Modifier 2 25
  • Modifier 3 25
  • Modifier 6 100
  • Modifier 7 100
  • Modifier 12 30
  • Modifier 13 30
  • Phoneme 4 35
  • Phoneme 10 20
  • Phoneme 12 30

Male Phase 5:

• Expression 12 60
  • Modifier 0 15
  • Modifier 1 15
  • Modifier 2 25
  • Modifier 3 25
  • Modifier 4 60
  • Modifier 5 60
  • Modifier 11 100
  • Modifier 12 70
  • Modifier 13 30
  • Phoneme 0 40
  • Phoneme 5 20
  • Phoneme 12 80
  • Phoneme 15 20
Guest carywinton

This is excellent! Facial expressions while making whoopy! Now this will definitely be worth getting to work and see. Great post here Ashal, I look forward to getting this going.

Guest kimbale

This is excellent! Facial expressions while making whoopy! Now this will definitely be worth getting to work and see. Great post here Ashal, I look forward to getting this going.

Not only that, expression sets for EVERYTHING, easily callable. This will kick ass like hell!

Not only that, expression sets for EVERYTHING, easily callable. This will kick ass like hell!

Total Agreement

After testing your's shinji, as well as the one Kimbale gave me awhile ago; I think it would be best to avoid having the character open their mouth very much. The amount you're opening it in PAIN phase 1 should be fine, but the other two open to much. Otherwise looks good and suitably "painful," a male version would be helpful as well.

An opened mouth absolutely wrecks havoc on lip sync, which is a problem when they are combined with sexlab's lip synced moans. When a character tries to lip sync and their mouth is open like that, their mouth just kinda vibrates in an awkward way. Try applying PAIN 3 to an NPC and then talking to them, you should see what I mean.

Guest kimbale

Ok, I'll redo them. I'll keep under, let's say, under the phoneme 50 theshold?

Yes, like the eye blink, anything over 50 (depending on headmeshes) looks wierd.

Great that people are finally picking this up, i thought i was alone in wanting better expressions. :D

YOu can use the ECE expressions to get emotions too but I don't know if it'll be as compatible as using mfg(unless they're similar somehow, I've no idea). Anyways, ahegao pls (plz excuse the cursor)

hmt3.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.com

ECE emotion sliders use the base expressions (mfg expression x). If you made that pic, please share the settings, it looks sufficiently ahegao. :D

EDIT: ROFL! I just checked my "pleasure" presets on a male char... I'm still shaking from laughing... Just don't put those faces on a male ffs! :D:lol:

And go easy on the 100s guys, that invites horrible clipping... I use them only when the face is supposed to be fucked up, like stage 5 female pleasure.

Guest kimbale

Maybe add a little more squint to them to make them look more crampy. Without squint I'm getting the same vibe as ashal.

I've made some stuff for males, i'll take some screens tommorrow.

Thank for the guide Remymartin!

It's ok for the scared expression, then.

But I want try some more shot at the pain one.

If I can't open the mouth too much... maybe I can try to show more teeth clenching, hoping to portray a more suffering vibe.

Regarding the lip synch, I'm using ECE and I've notice that often my PC skips it during the animations. Like 4 in 5 there is no lip synch. So, bizarrely, sometimes is working, most time not. Even more, bizarrely, for the NPcs the lip synch works flawlessly. 

It's clearly a problem caused by ECE. I've noticed it RaceMenu does the same.
Someone has noticed the same problem? Any advice how to fix this? 

Thank for the guide Remymartin!

It's ok for the scared expression, then.

But I want try some more shot at the pain one.

If I can't open the mouth too much... maybe I can try to show more teeth clenching, hoping to portray a more suffering vibe.

Regarding the lip synch, I'm using ECE and I've notice that often my PC skips it during the animations. Like 4 in 5 there is no lip synch. So, bizarrely, sometimes is working, most time not. Even more, bizarrely, for the NPcs the lip synch works flawlessly. 

It's clearly a problem caused by ECE. I've noticed it RaceMenu does the same.

Someone has noticed the same problem? Any advice how to fix this? 

Just a headsup, if you use TFC then lip synching doesnt work, not sure if you are doing that though. I have both ECE and Racemenu and I dont seem to have any issues, at least I havent noticed any in that area.

Yeah, with Tfc it doesn't work at all. But in my case, with ECE, is the lip synch is working just sometimes. So what am I doing wrong?

Maybe It works for you because you're using ECE and Racemenu at the same time?!

Yeah that could be, dont remember ever trying it with just 1 of the mods installed.

I may just set the lip syncing stuff to clear the MFG on the actor before playing, and then reapply it afterwards. That way pepople can mess with the open mouth phoneme's more without interfering much. I don't know how much of an impact constantly clearing and reapplying the expression will have on stability and performance though, will need to test it some first.

That would allow a wider expression variety indeed. 

Anyway today I played a bit with ECE, EEO, RACEMENU char gen to fix the lip synch. Now it seems to work better. Like 80% of the time.

Looking at all those blank faces I suddenly realize how much expressions (even simple ones, for start) would enhance the whole experience.

Hmm. Even though the 'open wider' mouth looks bad on its own, I think it should be included because of fellatio animations. Because, when playing around with just the basic ECE version, it looked a lot more realistic for side pictures and such.

I wonder how tricky it would be to _time_ the opening of the mouth with swallowing/thrusting?