Kitiara: Anyone have the most recent version?

huge thanks for the file!

Tip: This second post, was uneeded, as you made the post before this, you should have simply edited the first one, to add this

scuse me, what tipe of body it is kitiara? cbbe? unp? just to make shure it fits my modding :/

Not picking on you specifically you are just the last in a long line of posts, and you at least got the original file.

Many made posts asking for the file, already uploaded here, others provided outside links (Some now dead) while first one remains on LL.

Though LL is getting more strict, on files hosted here, Nexus rules are no different than LL rules, as far as the hosting of files go,.

Many are buried in forums and users here are more likely to believe in the copyleft Open Source type licence, example is the GPL (GNU General Public License).

GPL gives permission to upload anywhere and/or alter, as long as under GPL and full credit is given, this overules any site rules, but as Nexus is privately owned, darkOne's rules apply on his site, regarless of licence. They should allow links if GPL applies, as it's with authors permission if under a copyleft licence like GPL.

Simple fact is most LL users obey copyleft rules, whether the mod has a copyleft licence or not, and would never report a file to the site.

We have no users/authors like Elianora (makes House mods), who take some sort of pleasure, from scouring uploads, looking for suspect content.

Even stuff from other games, will get reported, never mind mod authors. I could understand telling a mod author, and letting them make the call.

Not running to Nexus to get mods pulled, whether the original author cares or not.

Read the thread or RTFM

So a quick five minute read later, I have all the questions of this thread answered by these posts, many questions are repeated, I give only the ones answered.

Original upload post, still works

For anyone that wants it, here's the last version of it that I downloaded.

attachicon.gifKitiara - Standalone Follower - Custom Voiced-43169-1-1.7z

The reason the Mod was removed

not sure if there's some rule about where your first post is supposed to be, but for anyone curious, i did some digging and came up with this:

"Kitiara is no longer on the Nexus because her author took her off. DK had a lot of RL stress and some RL tragedy pile up on him, and the comments thread on Kitiara (as well as other things I'm sure) just threw him over the top. I hope DashingKnight can make a recovery and repost his mods in the future, but for now there's no way to get Kitiara. [/size]

No evidence that they were actually "banned" more like they just had RL issues and left.

I don't see why there would be a need to remove a good mod because of RL issues, why not just abandon it and maybe someone else could come along to take it over. Oh well..

Thank you GensouSekai for the upload.

In answer (poor excuse, but only one available) to Roselly, some issues with Multi follower mods is mentioned, EFF for one.

Still no excuse for removal, typical closed source (MY mod and I'm taking it back) mentality, not what modding is about, but these decisions were made in the Morrowind era, before pure Closed source hosts existed. Steam Workhop and Betheda.net don't allow any opensource uploads.

They want to exploit the mods, and don't care that their aims make mod theft (claiming you made anothers mod) easier.

If all mods were open source, all could see the theft, in the source, clever theives make a few changes to disguise the origin, and make it extremely hard to spot, or prove, when they can hide the source, when we upload, we credit the original author for their work.

See my uploads at bottom for my claims of ownership. None, I just gathered all the data into one archives, and expect no credit for doing that.

Darth Falcon would have done a better job, if he provided a link to the source, after quoting it.

He is uncertain if it's even appropriate as a first post (it's a very good first post). So no big deal, but a source link is always useful, after quoting it as well, in case the source disappears.

Many claims of banning are made, and reasons given, all appear spurious.

Example of a "helpful", but wrong answer

Where does the .seq go? I have her ingame but she won't talk and I can't start any dialogue with her.

Answer is mod is packaged correctly, your issue's not the caused by the placing of Seq folder, unless you have moved it. You have an unrelated issue.

attachicon.gifseq.rar

Kitiara 1.1 SEQ file

This user tries to be helpful, but unrequired upload actually confuses the issue, the post asked where the file goes, not give me this file.

What Body question

Out of curiosity, what body mod does this follower use? Figured I'd ask before I download it since it won't be much good to me if it isn't a CBBE mod.

I use it as with CBBE

Starts with a wrong answer.

The wrong advice is tried and found to be a mistake

After using this mod, I've come to the conclusion that she isn't using a CBBE body. None of the CBBE outfits/armors I have fit her properly (her breasts hang out of the top of the outfit, there's mesh issues around her waistline, etc.).

The mod itself is good quality, and I'm going to try and get a NPC body changer mod just so I can use this companion mod.

It's definitely worth a download, but just be aware that she isn't using a standard CBBE body type, so chances are that CBBE clothing won't look right on her.

As far as the specific body she is using goes...I have no clue.

I used her for some time and UNPB clothing worked well on her.

A better candidate is offered

Confirmed in a great post, well done Adenpkk1, in saving a copy of the mod description, and providing the best source of the facts.

Note: I've removed extra empty lines and spoilered to save room in this post

Her Body is UNPB You must run Follower Compatibility below  her to fix her snaek walk problem-  her Description for anybody who wants it. ENJOY!!

[introduction]

Welcome to my world of character design and creation. I would like to introduce you to Kitiara. She is a 100% Standalone Follower which means no additional Mods are required. This also means that the Mod will not effect or be effected by any other appearance Mods you may have installed.

Kitiara is Custom Voiced by the lovely and talented Anna Castiglioni. Kitiara is an Essential Character and cannot die. She is a potential marriage candidate as well. Kitiara will auto-level with your character. She has a minimum level of 10 and if your playing on Legendary she can level all the way up to 300. This is all through natural progression and without any sort of manipulation.

Her morality is set to any crime. Kitiara is a ruthless seductress and a truly faithful companion that will fight to the death.

[backstory]

Kitiara\'s parents were savagely slaughtered by a group of drunken Imperials when she was at just a young age. She was devastated by this horrendous tragedy and permanently scared. She had it really rough growing up. This resulted in Kitiara forming a deep and pure hatred for all Imperials. Once she became of age, she sought out the best trainers in all of Skyrim. Thus, turning her into the merciless killing force that she is today. She favors the Stormcloaks and absolutely adores Ulfric Stormcloak. It is believed that she has ties with both the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves Guild. Kitiara swore to herself to one day seek vengeance on all Imperials. She is willing to seduce, kill, steal and use any means necessary to accomplish this.

Kitiara is a seductress and temptress who attracts all with her aura of charm and mystery.

[Location]

Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm.

[Default Outfit]

Custom black Demon Hunter Armor that is weightless and has super high defense boost.

[inventory]

Daedric Sword

Daedric Shield

Torch

10,000 Gold

10 Daedra Heart

10 Flawless Amethyst

10 Flawless Diamond

10 Flawless Emerald

10 Flawless Garnet

10 Flawless Sapphire

10 Flawless Ruby

[Proficient in]

One-Handed

Light Armor

Block

[spells]

Flames Left Hand

[Perks]

Light Foot

Armsman

Bladesman

Agile Defender

Shield Wall

[Follower Functions]

Kitiara runs completely on her own scripts, off the vanilla grid.

This Mod works well with Amazing Follower Tweaks - by: Dheuster. It should also work with UFO, EFF, and any other Follower Mods. Note: AFT will give you an additional favor command, besides her own.

Follower Count does not apply; you can have her with other Followers, even w/o such Mods.

[Marriage]

Marry Kitiara through the existing Skyrim system: Get an Amulet of Mara and ask Maramal about marriage. She will live at any of the 5 vanilla homes with you, or her default location of Candlehearth Hall in Windhelm.

May conflict with any other Mod that adds to or alters the vanilla marriage quests. Recommended to experiment with load order.

[bonus]

Introductory scene with Ulfric Stormcloak, if you visit him with her in tow. (Kitiara must be standing very close to Ulfric and it\'s a random chance the scene will trigger)

[Mod Notes]

Skyrim version has to be 1.9.32.0.8 minimum.

If you have a strong PC I would recommend downloading and installing all 3 of the Official Texture Packs and run your display settings on Ultra.

Keep in mind that this Mod is large and contains allot of High Textures, Sounds and Custom Scripting. This could possibly (Though highly unlikely) cause some lag in weaker PC\'s. I personally tested this Mod on a very weak Laptop. Even under these conditions the Mod ran perfectly. There are no Mod conflicts that I\'m aware of.

Finally a request for the other DashingKnight mod

Thanks for the file! I was looking for this as well. Any chance someone have the Hedi standalone follower by the same author as well?

Provided

attachicon.gifHedi .rarAs requested, no voice but much prettier than Kitiara IMHO,found in the pub in Solitude from memory

All I have to add is a tip for getting some missing info, and an off site alternative downloads, of the collected info and files

I've found this site invaluable for filling in the info gaps.

Skyrim Mod データベース

Gives the original Nexus page (Hedi file is a repack or rename as all nexus files contain the NexusID), and details of last file available.

in this case NexusID, upload dates a few picks and links to Hodilton Vids (Not reviews but good vids of the followers appearance in game).

In the folders

So my offsite uploads contain the added data, the Description for Kitiara, pics and vid links.

All packaged for easy install in Mod Organizer, which means any manager and manual also works

That means I use the archive as the data folder, so a direct unpack to the games data folder, will just work.

I got the mod files from this page, and provide them as well, as "original" as I can manage.

Kitiara - Standalone Follower - Custom Voiced - Main - Kitiara v1·1 [13-10-06] by DashingKnight=43169

Hedi - Standalone Follower - Main - Hedi v1·0 [13-09-07] by DashingKnight=41733

Memory, the lying bastard child of truth

The main lesson to learn apart from the usual RTFM, is always check your sources, especially when your memory is being used, because your memory is a lying piece of shit, so is mine.

Memory twists the truth, it rarely gets it completely wrong, but often creats links, where none exist.

I provide Mod Organizer support, and have written numerous guides, my memory knows this, it doesn't lie about that.

Yet it tells me 60% were in the Nexus PostsTab for MO, when I actually check it's about 10%, many are here and on other sites, so never rely on your memory, it's an expert lier, and knows how to twist the truth to make it wrong, even when the bare facts are included.

Always, always recheck the source, and confirm your data is accurate, lying to yourself is one thing, passing the lie on to others is much worse.

Verify and confirm with multiple sources whenever possible, but without rechecking any source, you will tell lies.

They can be whopping great lies as well, your memories ego is always bigger.

• 2 months later...

hmmm.

My comments.

Often we don't know why someone leaves the Nexus.

Maybe they get banned.Maybe they have some mental breakdown and quit.

The prevailing thought among mod authors is the material is that persons and they can pull it/take it with them/destroy it even if it seems silly or wasteful to the rest of us.

Yes there are some people who object to LL and yes if they learned something was wrongfully posted here they might delight in exposing it and getting the site in trouble.

I might applaud that persons's talent but question their judgement. If they take delight in harming the interest of others.

I have Kitiara and Hedi and had them for a while now.  The mod author made another follower mod I was never able to find. 

I would hope someday the author of those mods would regain his stability and come back to modding. Coming back to modding might help him if he knew how appreciated his work was by those of us with any common sense and creativity might help him heal from whatever demons he is facing.

I hope at some point to make my own mods.As it is playing Skyrim has helped me to take my mind off of negative things in my life and maybe returning  to the modding community would help this fellow.

As is it I wish him luck.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FYI for anyone who decides to tidy up their Skyrim with merged patches, merging Kitiara.esp--despite not throwing any errors in the Merge Patch application--still bugged out all her dialogue for me. Reactivating the esp after the merged patch worked, although it created a duplicate which I disabled via the console. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/31/2013 at 1:10 AM, sasha5 said:

Oh...oooohhhh. I don't even know what to say to that. Unless it was sarcastic and nexus nazis banned him for something that boggles the mind? No?

Well, anyway, I was curious because I use the mod. Carry on.

no such thing as what to sx, say/can say anyx nmw

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

An update for any visitors looking for Kitiara.

I had a conversation with Anduniel regarding the mod Kitiara. The outcome is: please do not approach Anduniel for permission to publish Kitiara.  She is very upset that DashingKnight treated her very badly over the mod that he proposed, and then left her to complete only to follow up with threats. She also received nasty reviews for her work on Youtube.  As you can imagine, it was an unpleasant story.

He was banned from Nexus for his behavior. The suggestions he had RL problems and retired are false. Anduniel is still very upset about the events.

Kitiara cannot be newly published. There is no permission for it and never will be. Please do not approach her for it.

She's aware private sharing of the mod will carry on, so enjoy the links on this thread.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, Bluegunk said:

An update for any visitors looking for Kitiara.

I had a conversation with Anduniel regarding the mod Kitiara. The outcome is: please do not approach Anduniel for permission to publish Kitiara.  She is very upset that DashingKnight treated her very badly over the mod that he proposed, and then left her to complete only to follow up with threats. She also received nasty reviews for her work on Youtube.  As you can imagine, it was an unpleasant story.

He was banned from Nexus for his behavior. The suggestions he had RL problems and retired are false. Anduniel is still very upset about the events.

Kitiara cannot be newly published. There is no permission for it and never will be. Please do not approach her for it.

She's aware private sharing of the mod will carry on, so enjoy the links on this thread.

That's very unfortunate. I liked her work and would have wanted her to know how much I appreciated her efforts. A shame.

• 4 months later...