[Wip] Intimacy Project

t3589

In the mean time:

Updated the second post to start listing personality profiles.  I'll probably add more as I think of them.  Feel free to suggest some and I'll add them.

You already added a lot :). Some suggestions:

Either Gender:

-the masochist

-the fetish lover (schoolgirl, foot fetish, latex etc.)

-the dirty sheriff (misuses his authority and then offers sexual favor or imprisonment)

-the drug addict (crackwhore)

I see no wholes in your previous post regarding player rapes. I would suggest though that you also add a positive perk for the fiends, powder gangers and the legion like master battleraper which you get when you combatrape enough enemies. Because i think they would have a crazy and martial enough culture to admire and respect such a monster.

You already added a lot :). Some suggestions:

Either Gender:

-the masochist

-the fetish lover (schoolgirl, foot fetish, latex etc.)

-the dirty sheriff (misuses his authority and then offers sexual favor or imprisonment)

-the drug addict (crackwhore)

I see no wholes in your previous post regarding player rapes. I would suggest though that you also add a positive perk for the fiends, powder gangers and the legion like master battleraper which you get when you combatrape enough enemies. Because i think they would have a crazy and martial enough culture to admire and respect such a monster.

Added those.  Junkie is already in there.  These will primarliy be used to decide what NPCs will and won't say or do within a relationship with the player.  So I'm trying to make them as broad as possible.  So Sheriff became Official just because it applies more broadly to the NPCs in the game.  I can only think of 3 actual Sheriffs in the game off the top of my head.  But as an official it would apply to a lot more NPCs.  More on this as I flesh things out.

I'll keep the the other thing in mind.  I'm not sure how I feel about positively reinforcing player rape.  But you do bring up a fair point in the context of Cook Cooks storyline, perhaps positive rep with evil groups when you attack their enemies in this way (if you're their ally)?  I'll have to think about it.

When this stuff works, man is it fun.  PC Stalking Detection/Tracking + Crime If Caught done and tested.  So far you'll need a mod with a rape key to use this feature.  I used 'Sex Assault' to test it.  I may flesh it out more later with dialogue.  To avoid getting caught, try and catch them alone.  The rescue is still based on distance, I'll probably have to tweak that at some point.

Semantics:

- If nearby actors are in the victims faction, they'll come running.

- If nearby actors aren't in the victims faction, they won't care much if they're Neutral - Very Evil.

- If nearby actors are good, they'll come running, regardless of faction, unless they're a coward.

- If they reach you in time enough to stop the rape, you're caught.  Juicy Karma/Faction hit.

- If they don't reach you in time, you slide.

- Every rape you get away with makes the next rape more risky. ie. It's better to get caught the first time, instead of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc.

Moving on.

OK gang I'm going to move on to Female Prostitution.  Brainstorming follows:

- Must wear the right attire to be propositioned.
- Must have accepted a proposition at least once before you can solicit.
- Increase in experience as a prositute, so you can charge more.
- Can track customers to establish regular Johns.
- Options to cheat/rob your customers.
- Can establish a reputation good or bad which reflects on all of your customers desire to solicit.
- Run the risk of getting rolled/assaulted as well as becoming the target of psycho killers.
- Territorial disputes in which you're run out of town/robbed/beaten up for working someones elses territory if you're caught.
- Options to give a cut of your profits to territorial leaders in exchange for permission and protection in their area.
- Working as an independent increases the risk of danger.
- Work your way up from little pay and increased risk as a streetwalker, to increased pay and little risk as a high class prostitute.
- Drug addicitons can limit your clientel.
- Aristocratic Johns that pay for the utmost secrecy and unusual fetishes at higher levels.
- Moral types that drive away customers by protesting.
- Work at the major establishments in Freeside and on The Strip.
- Open your own Night Club/Bunny Ranch as a Madaam (BIG Maybe).
- Use companions as Pimps/Madaams to decrease the risk of danger.
- Become famous as a sex/fertility symbol across the wasteland.
- Pay off and bribe your way out of trouble with the law.
- Become a favorite/kept woman among the more wealthy/famous clientel.
- Learn more advanced sexual techniques before they become an option.
- Seduce information out of Johns that effect quests in the game (Maybe).

I think I had more when I began this list, but by the bottom I've forgotten them.  If anyone thinks of anything else feel free to toss them at me.  I'll continue working on the male side once this is hashed out.

You are making awesome progress.

Some comments:

-Post 54

Positive raper feedback would indeed be limited to the factions of the fiends, the powder gangers and the legion. First one would allow both male and female pc rapers, whereas the latter would only respect male pc rapers. And you may not rape your allies of course.

-Post 55

I think the rapes should not automatically get more difficult when you succeed, but it should rather be a somewhat random chance that stays, like 15-30% each time. Or do you mean if you rape the same person? Because with different persons wouldn't the raper rather get more experienced too and thus the chance that he gets caught should stay the same, factoring in that though his techniques get better he may also get overconfident.

-Post 56

If you don't know those mods yet they may be worth a look:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38716/?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39725/?

The first one adds a brothel on the strip which you become co-owner after a quest and the second one adds a small brothel in goodsprings and an obtainable hideout via quest.

Only downfall is that the mods author seems not to know about sexout and made them for animated prostitution.

But if you like any of his buildings which are imho quite nicely done it would save you the hassle of making your own brothel from startup and you would only have to add a few of your own npcs or modify the existing ones dialogue options to the liking of your idea.

Only important thing i currently see missing is interaction with companion(s). I hope they can also whore for you and that you can also "abuse" them a bit, i would like to for example annoy veronica a bit by persuading/forcing her to also do male clients.

For later if you really do the own your own brothel implementation which i would enjoy very much you should consider either implementing your own slavery system or integrate one of the slavery mods. This would as i see the fallout world then open lots of possibilities. The only free prostitutes in vanilla are afaik in westside in casa madrid apartments, and they have bad backstories too, jimmy as former legion slave, pretty sarah was cook cook's victim and sweetie was a former gomorrah prostitute.

The Omertas treat their prostitutes rather bad and the legion has their slaves. So getting prostitutes that work voluntarily should be rather difficult i think.

With slavery managing your own brothel would be really interesting though because you would have lots of problems to manage.

First is the location problem, the strip would be the most obvious spot, but you could also try to establish one either on a traderoute or maybe near the strip which would attract both fiends and strip visitors or near the ncr cf for powder gangers, but need very skilled and thus expensive guards.

Employing slaves as whores would require bribing officials and either capturing them yourself or trading with the legion. On the strip you would also have to deal with the omertas.

Your slavewhores would also need guards to prevent them from escaping.

So i think because you already have to invest so much in bribing and guards in the fallout new vegas world a brothel is only economically profitable with slaves. If you would have to give your whores an adequate share too you probably would make no profit at all.

One thing for companions you might find handy if you are using SCR is I have SCR grab the REFs for Sunny, Willow & Kirina if loaded other mods can use those if SCR is a master, I also have a Formlist called something like PossibleCompanions they are automatically added to if loaded, there's also another list called something like PlayerCompanions they are added to automatically if they pass an IsTeamMate check.

One thing for companions you might find handy if you are using SCR is I have SCR grab the REFs for Sunny, Willow & Kirina if loaded other mods can use those if SCR is a master, I also have a Formlist called something like PossibleCompanions they are automatically added to if loaded, there's also another list called something like PlayerCompanions they are added to automatically if they pass an IsTeamMate check.

Roger ramjet.  SCR is already a master.  I'll be using the lists in it extensively as well as a few of my own.  Thanks for pointing those out.  You make it easy.

You are making awesome progress.

Some comments:

-Post 54

Positive raper feedback would indeed be limited to the factions of the fiends, the powder gangers and the legion. First one would allow both male and female pc rapers, whereas the latter would only respect male pc rapers. And you may not rape your allies of course.

I'll consider adding some kind of 'stuck it to our enemies' feature later.  At least until I can get to the dialogue.  I don't want this mod to be too 'quest' like unless it's necessary.

-Post 55

I think the rapes should not automatically get more difficult when you succeed, but it should rather be a somewhat random chance that stays, like 15-30% each time. Or do you mean if you rape the same person? Because with different persons wouldn't the raper rather get more experienced too and thus the chance that he gets caught should stay the same, factoring in that though his techniques get better he may also get overconfident.

I did it this way for several reasons.  A. Because of vanilla game mechanics, there is no way to cover your tracks.  Also, B. This mod tracks things like player rape in the context of a relationship, ie. The victims/rapists don't just forget what happened, they remember you.  They'll have special dialogue directly to that point.  Therefore, C. If the PC is caught they are discovered(positively confirmed throughout the wasteland) for what they really are.

The premise is that victims talk, but the PC doesn't take a crime hit because everyone knows people in the wasteland lie.  All the time.  But once they're caught all of the rumors floating around about the PC are confirmed, and they suffer the consequences.

As it stands in the mod currently, it would be relatively easy to avoid being discovered.  If you're careless then shame on you.  Add to that the point that you made about getting better at it.  Once you figure it out I'm certain you 'will' get better at it.  It becomes a skill that you have as a gamer and not a skill on your character sheet.  Also on a side note if one of the victims dies during the course of the game, and the PC has not yet been discovered, the PC doesn't get their penalties.

My intention is to make it a 'game' that you 'play' and not a poser that you pose.

-Post 56

If you don't know those mods yet they may be worth a look:

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/38716/?

http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/39725/?

The first one adds a brothel on the strip which you become co-owner after a quest and the second one adds a small brothel in goodsprings and an obtainable hideout via quest.

Only downfall is that the mods author seems not to know about sexout and made them for animated prostitution.

But if you like any of his buildings which are imho quite nicely done it would save you the hassle of making your own brothel from startup and you would only have to add a few of your own npcs or modify the existing ones dialogue options to the liking of your idea.

Only important thing i currently see missing is interaction with companion(s). I hope they can also whore for you and that you can also "abuse" them a bit, i would like to for example annoy veronica a bit by persuading/forcing her to also do male clients.

For later if you really do the own your own brothel implementation which i would enjoy very much you should consider either implementing your own slavery system or integrate one of the slavery mods. This would as i see the fallout world then open lots of possibilities. The only free prostitutes in vanilla are afaik in westside in casa madrid apartments, and they have bad backstories too, jimmy as former legion slave, pretty sarah was cook cook's victim and sweetie was a former gomorrah prostitute.

The Omertas treat their prostitutes rather bad and the legion has their slaves. So getting prostitutes that work voluntarily should be rather difficult i think.

With slavery managing your own brothel would be really interesting though because you would have lots of problems to manage.

First is the location problem, the strip would be the most obvious spot, but you could also try to establish one either on a traderoute or maybe near the strip which would attract both fiends and strip visitors or near the ncr cf for powder gangers, but need very skilled and thus expensive guards.

Employing slaves as whores would require bribing officials and either capturing them yourself or trading with the legion. On the strip you would also have to deal with the omertas.

Your slavewhores would also need guards to prevent them from escaping.

So i think because you already have to invest so much in bribing and guards in the fallout new vegas world a brothel is only economically profitable with slaves. If you would have to give your whores an adequate share too you probably would make no profit at all.

Like it says it's a BIG maybe.  I only put that in there because I was working on a similar concept mod already.  It sort of goes outside the bounds of this mod which was meant to layer over quests (between the lines) instead of becoming one.  But because I was working on that other mod already, I may get back to this at some point when I get back to that other mod.

If you are checking for Teammates, you should also check for the Followerfaction :) Some mods don't add companions as teammates to avoid the wheel.

If you are checking for Teammates, you should also check for the Followerfaction :) Some mods don't add companions as teammates to avoid the wheel.

Ah didn't know that, will have a look into that, I get away with it on the ones I have added but the intent was other people could add companions to the Possible companions list externally, so it may not work for some then unless I check the faction. Fixed that for the next beta release :)

OK I'm making progress, but it's getting more complex so it's taking more time.

I'm having a slight problem with dialogue.  There are some NPCs that simply won't display any PC initiated dialogue, and I can't figure out how to either A. Get them to display the dialogue, or B. Exclude them altogether without defining them one by one.

Example:

1. NPC walks up and says Hello

2. Dialogue choices from that Hello are displayed.

But reverse this and I get:

1. PC walks up to NPC and hits E to initiate dialogue.

2. Only the vanilla dialogue choices are ever displayed.

I've double, triple, quadruple, and 'fipple' checked everything.  Even dialogue that is applied universally does not display for these particular NPCs, but works fine for everyone else.

This is what I'm trying to avoid:

1. NPC solicits PC

2. Dialogue choices to (Reject the offer, Do it right there, or Go somewhere more private.) are displayed fine.

Then the problem begins when I choose 'Go somewhere more private'.  The NPC follows just fine, but when I get to a good spot and initiate dialogue again, only vanilla dialogue is displayed, and the NPC becomes stuck following because no dialogue is displayed to seal the deal.  Granted the follow package peters out on its own due to the timeout I've built in, so they don't get stuck permanently.

Again this only happens with particular NPCs, and for everyone else this works flawlessly.  The first vanilla NPC I've encountered that does this is Barton Thorn (aka Barton the fink/The Gecko Man).  There have been a few others but they were all non vanilla from another mod so I chalked it up due to that.

What am I missing?

Sounds like what astymma made smallertalk for.

Of course if you make it a prerequisite, you can't put anything important in *GREETING* because that'll be skipped.

Yep, just tested it by setting SmallerTalk delay higher.  Then I get the dialogue through it.  I guess I'll just need to pass the initiation of the dialogue back to the target and let them initiate it like SmallerTalk.  I knew this was an option, but I was looking for a better way as I want this to be usable with or without SmallerTalk.

In fact, the method I'm using as a gateway to initiate certain dialogue PC > NPC is almost identical to SmallerTalk.  I think I can figure it out from here.  I may end up replacing SmallerTalk, as I was already using it as a gateway for NPCs that don't have any dialogue.

Thank you sir.

EDIT: Fixed it.  Moving on to pay scale options.

I don't think so. Not even in Obse. I think that's because there's no way for the compiler to tell if the variable string you enter is meant to be a float or a form, because it's declared in the other mod.

Well poo.  It looks like they weren't able to get this working either in that thread.  I checked out hookups and although it's there it is commented out as something desirable but not implemented.

Time to put on my thinking cap.

EDIT: Well that didn't take long.  This old tattered thinking cap really does the trick. lol  And here I thought it stopped working years ago.  I found a way to get around it.  Soon I'll have SmallerTalk working seamlessly with this mod if it is loaded.  No MCM setting should be requied.

Just a little vent/rant/experience entry.

Once again things are becoming more complex.  While I am getting things added and tested at record speed (from my perspective, I thought this would be tougher), I'm finding that my greatest obstacle has been in trying to keep thing compartmentalized so this can be utilized by other modders.

I'm having extreme difficulty in deciding best practices to make this modular.  ie. How do I build this so that other mods can tie into the core tracking system (and only the core tracking system).

I'm just stumped(being indecisive).  It seems to me the problem is the separation of dialogue(content) and tracking(functions).  There is also the problem of stepping on many other mods toes.  Many of which I no longer use in my own game, but are immensely popular.  Specifically in the area of approach mechs.  Player initiated conversations I can integrate fine.

So far, I see my options as:

- Separate esm/esps
- Creating this mod as a template mod that others can edit, rename, and release themselves.
- Requiring this mod as a master to overwrite the default indicator dialogue.
- Requiring that gamers uninstall other mods and use this as a replacement to them.
- Begging other popular mods to build compatibility into theirs (mainly overrides to their approach mechs).
- Forgo many planned features in favor of a resource mod that does nothing on it's own and simply tracks other mods mechs.
- Write a custom version for each popular mod using them as a master.
- Buildref every popular mod into this one to track them.
- Say to hell with all and just focus on pleasing myself.
- Something I haven't thought of yet.

There are only two options that really appeal to me currently.  Unfortunately, these are also the most unlikely to come into fruition. Namely begging for overrides to use this approach system and tracking instead of their own, and something I haven't thought of yet.

Currently I've settled on the option that sounds most 'reasonable' to me.  Which is to, over time, buildref popular mods in one by one.

The fact that I'm learning so much so fast compounds the problem.  It was so much easier when I only knew one way to do this or that.  Now there are a hundred different ways to do almost everything.  Thanks fellas (sarcasm), and thanks fellas (genuine).

Anyway, this is what I'm struggling with the most.  Other than that, things are pushing along just fine as an independent mod.  As a resource it's becoming more and more difficult as the complexity increases.

Just finished testing the 'rob your clients' feature.  I got Easy Pete to pay my PC first, then walked without putting out. lol

Works well, but I'm wondering what repercussions there should be for such an action.

So far:
- It puts you out of business(turns off solicitation) in that area for a period of time.
- The one you robbed won't patronize you anymore.
- You take a hit to your 'hooker' reputation which effects overall solicit approaches.

But I'm wondering if there should be more?  Like maybe a 'theft' crime hit (which would start a brawl).  I left that out on the premise that someone would probably not want word to get out that they were robbed by a prostitute.  Any thoughts?

You could also add a revenge trap. First nothing happens but eventually a client approaches and offers you a promising job like a gangbang party. This job would also happen as normal prostitution approach, so you never know if it is a trap or a normal request. In case of the trap your former victim is present at the gangbang party too and they rape you then and rob you as revenge.

If you have skyrim you can check this nice mod:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19568-wip-radiant-prostitution-081b-oct-29th/

There such a quest is included, it is basically a bad end quest only currently though, but it is still wip.

And you could maybe add some trouble for a successful hooker by adding the following menaces when your hooker reputation is too high which can randomly occur:

-The Omertas get annoyed when you whore on the strip and approach you, threatening you to either stop or work for them in the gomorrah with very bad terms for the player

-Fans who might get annoying when you ignore them, either starting to stalk trying to rape/abduct or driving away other customers through their presence

-Curios fiend/gangster boss who wants to try you out, you at least won't get paid + any meaness you want to add

Archived