Armor compatibility between different body mods

bodeman

Primarily I want to know if unp, unpb and sevenbase armors are at all compatible with cbbe bodies, if that's even doable or if the game will simply crash or has horrible clipping issues.

The reasoning I ask this is because I would like to keep cbbe for, as far as I know, it offers a much larger veriety in body shapes than any of the other 3 (unp, unpb, and sevenbase).  I find it interesting, at least from what I've read, that unp touts itself as a more realistic body.  Well, its not that it is not realistic, it is, but only for a small portion of the population of the real world.  I like cbbe because it can give me small petite skinny, no butt and breasts, women as well as overweight, with huge breats and butt, women.

But, some of the best looking armors I've been seeing lately, whether it is because the armor is incredibly sexy, well designed and detailed or just plain well designed and detailed, seem to be conversions of UNP armors to sevenbase, plainly UNP armors, or conversions to UNP, UNPB or Sevenbase from some random other body replacer.

So that is y I would like to know if I can at all use these armors or if my game will just simply crash, or look terrible due to clipping issues from incompatibility.  Or if somebody would simply convert these awesome armors to CBBE I would greatly appreciate it.

and if anybody is curious about what awesome armors I mean, just take a look at the sevenbase conversions on this very site.  Those are prime examples as to why I'm asking this question.

Textures made for UNP only work on UNP/sevenbase bodies.

Textures made for CBBE only work on cbbe bodies.

If you use armors, you can still equip them, but you just get weird skin texture stretches. Not such a big deal when the armor covers up most of the body. But armors already come with their "respective" bodies already in them when you equip them you are merely equipping "another body"

Example

Say you have a UNP body and you wear a cbbe-based armor, the body will change to cbbe, but the skin textures will be distorted, but other than that it works fine.

so you're saying that I can technically use an armor converted to sevenbase with my cbbe bodies, just that there will be weird stretches here and there?  Would these stretches happen even if the cbbe body is designed with pretty much the same proportions of the sevenbase body?  I can understand stretches happening when the armor expects a certain body proportion and receives a too skinny or too fat one.  But I do understand that there probably would be discrepancies in the look here and there regardless and that I cannot achieve the look in the pictures that showcase the armor without the correct body mod used in the picture.

Guest corespore

The armors will work as intended as in the stats will function but there will be all kinds of issues with the textures. For example, if you were to try the North girl armor (UNP only) with a CBBE body you will notice large gaps in the hips of your character.  There will be no textures present and it will appear as if your character is cutoff at the waist and the torso is hovering above the legs. There is nothing wrong with the armor mod itself it's just that it was mode for a specific body type and as the person using the mod your expected to use the correct body types to prevent any texture issues.  Armors that cover most if not all of the skin aren't an issue and in fact i use several armors intended for UNP (i use CBBE body types almost exclusively) with out any texture issues, thankfully, most mod authors make it so any body type will function with their armors or will make add-ons that turn their armor mods into the body type in question. If all else fails you could contact the mod author directly and ask nicely if they will make such a conversion for you. I have never had any issues with armor mods made for any specific body type causing CTD's but some armors with high heels do require a mod called "HDT high heel system" and they will CTD if you don't have the mod in question, make sure to read the installation instructions provided by the mod author to prevent any mix-ups. 

Archived