Simple NPC Slavery Mod

Deactivating  slavery simple (and " " expandet) has repaired the prostitute.

Problem was that i enslaved her before with it , then removed simple slaverys collar and reenslaved(action has the same name for both mods) her with your mod. Two of simple slaverys tokens remained in her inventory. Don´t know why she only started following after the sexout animation and worked like intented before it.

Perhaps both mods can coexist aslong not the same npc´s are affected by both mods. I try that later.

edit: Having both slavery mods active and working on different npcs works only for a short time. When you fast travel a slave collar is automatically equiped ,unequiped and endlessly reequiped on the pc. Deactivating slavery simple/expandet repairs that bug.

With your mod alone i only got one problem. Certain npcs (silver rush door guard) react aggresive to your

slaves and attack them (after a fast travel, slave was not completely broken, slave had 2 broken tokens, slave and other npc were not hostile to player)

Deactivating  slavery simple (and " " expandet) has repaired the prostitute.

Problem was that i enslaved her before with it , then removed simple slaverys collar and reenslaved(action has the same name for both mods) her with your mod. Two of simple slaverys tokens remained in her inventory. Don´t know why she only started following after the sexout animation and worked like intented before it.

Perhaps both mods can coexist aslong not the same npc´s are affected by both mods. I try that later.

edit: Having both slavery mods active and working on different npcs works only for a short time. When you fast travel a slave collar is automatically equiped ,unequiped and endlessly reequiped on the pc. Deactivating slavery simple/expandet repairs that bug.

With your mod alone i only got one problem. Certain npcs (silver rush door guard) react aggresive to your

slaves and attack them (after a fast travel, slave was not completely broken, slave had 2 broken tokens, slave and other npc were not hostile to player)

I'll look into hostility - sounds like a faction was not removed properly - by any chance do you know what faction the slave in question belonged to before you captured them?

It was a Jackal gang member captured at the nipton road pit stop (captured with knock out drug, had increased wasteland spawns on if that matters). The one who attacked him was the door guard of the silver rush.

Tried it again this time fast traveled to powder gangers goodspring result= no combat

next fast travel to new vegas north gate and then moved toward the silver rush result= freeside thugs aggresive(they should)

moved on then slave attacks silver rush crier (no aggresion to player in fight or after)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a interesting mod, so I downloaded it when I went to talk to the slave trainer the only options was "I'll just leave," or "I gotta get going" I can't make people slaves either....:/

Hi, 

I've not come across this issue before, perhaps share your load order and I might notice something?

It might also be worth disabling other mods the alter dialogue and see what happens.

• 1 month later...

NPCs like random fiends i enslave work at first, but some time later they reset by game. Some reset dialog to non hostile to PC but are hostile to others, like Fiends like to attack other normal NPCs but stay friendly with my PC and they just walk back to place where i enslaved them.

Other time one slave just got inventory reset while stayed enslaved for some time. Later on, game reseted that female NPC again from female to male, and hostile to all.

Non hostile friendly named NPCs like to get back to where i captured them.

i have this mod last in load order. and didnt change anything. Just strange things happend.

NPCs like random fiends i enslave work at first, but some time later they reset by game. Some reset dialog to non hostile to PC but are hostile to others, like Fiends like to attack other normal NPCs but stay friendly with my PC and they just walk back to place where i enslaved them.

Other time one slave just got inventory reset while stayed enslaved for some time. Later on, game reseted that female NPC again from female to male, and hostile to all.

Non hostile friendly named NPCs like to get back to where i captured them.

i have this mod last in load order. and didnt change anything. Just strange things happend.

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "inventory reset", but this mod is managed by a couple of invisible tokens, and if these go missing it will stop working properly. 

I'm also not sure why your NPCs are changing sex, but I'm not sure if that is part of the problem either.

When your slaves stop behaving, is it after a fight? after waiting/resting? something else?

A full load order might be useful to look for any obvious conflicts.

Also, find one of the NPCs that is not behaving correctly, open the console, click on them and type "inv" and press enter, and let me know what the result is.

Cheers.

The first problem you'll have with using tokens in inventory to manage NPCs is that token code will only be executed when the player is near (in the same cell).

So, an example, if you give order to Trudy to wait in a room at maybe 20:00 and get out of the room for 4 hours :

If you returns in the cell she's not here because her packages make her sleep at home. As she is not in the same room as player, her token code is not executed and does not move her at the wanted place.

If you go in her home, she's at bed and, as your token code executes, she moves to the wanted place. But if you return after that at the wanted place, she my be not here if her package have been executed, and so on ...

The only answer to this problem is to manage enslaved NPCs by a quest, referencing them in an array and managing all them every 1 second for example, independently if player is here or not. 

The second problem you'll have if with respawning NPCs (non named ones). Every 3 days (by default), they respawn and their inventory can be sometimes fully respawned, so your token is lost.

This problem can't be resolved by the quest solution because they are often non persistent (some are dynamically recreated when you enter the cell, this can explain the sex changing) and so, you don't have acces to their reference if you are out of their cell.

Finally, in my opinion, these NPCs are unmanageable (or it would be too hard time to do with unprevisible results) and personnaly I decided to not permit player to manage them. There are enough named NPCs to use without using them.

My 2 pences ;)

Would it be possible to automatically replace enslaved (generic) npcs with persistent ones created by the mod? For example you enslave a random fiend then a skript removes him and spawns a non respawning slave of the same gender ( similar looks would probably be to much efford to do even if possible) and perhaps the same inventory items.

My 2 pences ;)

Thanks for the input, lots of useful information.

regarding tokens to manage packages - I'll not bore you with the full method unless you are interested, but i think I have been able to avoid most of these problems using formlsits and nvse functions.

if you tell a slave to wait and then fast travel far away and then wait inside another cell, they should still be where you left them, even after a save and quit.

That said, i know that tokens are not really a great solution, but the 3rd version of this mod is still purely conceptual.

I also didn't understand the respawning issue, and that will take some thought.

thanks again.

Would it be possible to automatically replace enslaved (generic) npcs with persistent ones created by the mod? For example you enslave a random fiend then a skript removes him and spawns a non respawning slave of the same gender ( similar looks would probably be to much efford to do even if possible) and perhaps the same inventory items.

That's not a bad suggestion, and bears consideration - thanks.

Its certainly better than filling the wasteland with compatible non-respawning canon fodder, which was my first thought :/

The only answer to this problem is to manage enslaved NPCs by a quest, referencing them in an array and managing all them every 1 second for example, independently if player is here or not. 

If this is a problem you have encountered, i'd recommend form lists. this entire mod was based on quest variables in the first version, but it broke a lot - especially between saving and loading.

The following snippet is how I make sure the correct packages run on npcs using my mod, and should be an example of what I mean. 

SCN PackageLoadSctipt

int iListIndex
int iListTotal
ref rListRef

Begin GameMode

If GetGameLoaded == 1 ; GetGameLoaded returns one each time the game is loaded from a save.

Set iListIndex to -1 ; -1 to make sure the first list item is not missed
Set iListTotal to ListGetCount ListOfNPCs ; number of items in list

While ( iListIndex < iListTotal ) ; while the loop counter is less than the list size
let iListIndex +=1 ; increment counter by 1
Set rListRef to ListGetNthForm ListOfNPCs iListIndex ; set ref var to list item n
AddPackageAt MyPackage1 0 rListRef ; Add package to ref, number = priority
AddPackageAt MyPackage2 1 rListRef
AddPackageAT MyPackage3 2 rListRef
rListRef.EVP
Loop

EndIf
End

this script should automatically reapply the correct packages each time you load the game.

the addpackageat function is really good for making sure npcs follow orders, but is lost on load game, hence the script above.

• 1 month later...

Is thath normal: when I use the dialog option "you need to know your place" I and slave just start standing still, hud dissapears and controls dont work (only ESC and ~ still work)?

That is not normal.

Does Sexout work OK when you use another mod to initiate? 

If so I will need to see if there have been changes that have led to incompatibility.

I don't have FONV installed at the moment but will see what I can do.

Is thath normal: when I use the dialog option "you need to know your place" I and slave just start standing still, hud dissapears and controls dont work (only ESC and ~ still work)?

That is not normal.

Does Sexout work OK when you use another mod to initiate? 

If so I will need to see if there have been changes that have led to incompatibility.

I don't have FONV installed at the moment but will see what I can do.

Yes sexout works fine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could be a corrupted download. Try downloading again and reinstall the mod.

Otherwise don´t know. Missing/not resent versions of requierements?Perhaps a font is missing? Do different language Versions of the game have different fonts or have you changed the game fonts( ini setting? darn ui [works for me] or such?)

First. I would like to thank you for your prompt response. Secondly. I would like to przprosić for my stupidity. I installed the Russian version, and she did not corresponded with the Polish version, so the text was turning into mush (Cyrillic would recognize). Thank you again. Great mod :)

I'm having an issue with the mod- my slaves keep getting their inventories restored every time I load a save. So I leave them naked and come back to find them wearing clothes or armour, and carrying weapons. It's kind of annoying.

Other than that though, really cool mod!

I've found another bug: my haulage slave's inventory is available for sale in Chet's. So far Chet is the only trader I've experienced this with- his regular inventory is available for sale, with the stuff I loaded on my haulage slave mixed in. No Chet inventory appears in the haulage slave's inventory, though.

Additionally, if I purchase anything from Chet the command to open my haulage slave's inventory stops working- I tell her to show me what she's carrying, she says 'At once', then conversation ends with nothing happening.

Update: Another bug found. I just trained a repair slave. Whenever I try to leave Chet's, she disappears- she doesn't exit with me and isn't still inside when I go back in. This has repeated after several reloads and attempts to leave.

And another. My arena slave won a fight and disappeared- the arena master didn't give her back when he gave me my winnings.

Also, not a bug, but I think the location of the slave arena could use a little... tweaking. Every time I've gone there, the arena NPCs and I have been swarmed by radscorpions, including lots of giant ones. I can usually survive, but the arena master and his assistant always dies. I have to resurrect them with console commands.

• 5 months later...