[WIP] Skykids - Child races & other technical goodies - No more armor patcher! New CotS R2 Race!(6/22/15)

Just checking in ^^ . Any progress on the npc version?

Or anything else? more cute childlike presets maybe? I always have trouble making good looking faces :s One silly question... is it normal that when adding some armor mods into the game and running the patcher when wearing them the chest isn't flat?

Thanks!

post-83440-0-32408300-1384390428_thumb.png

The not-flat-chest is normal for armors that the swapper doesn't have a child mesh for, which would be all add-on armors right now I believe. It's using the normal mesh so that you don't go invisible. Not sure what all is involved in adding a "complete" armor, that is one with an adult mesh and also a child mesh.

The not-flat-chest is normal for armors that the swapper doesn't have a child mesh for, which would be all add-on armors right now I believe. It's using the normal mesh so that you don't go invisible. Not sure what all is involved in adding a "complete" armor, that is one with an adult mesh and also a child mesh.

Mirror the directory structure and path for the armors original model, inside the skykids armor swap child directory. Place your desired(ie: flat chest adapted) model in there with the same path/name as the original, and the armor swapper handles the rest automatically. This is the same way the provided vanilla armors are handled, if you need an example.

For some reason, all armor is invisible. Has anyone had this trouble?

I used NMM to install. Installed skykids base, armorpack, girl body assests.

Did you run the SkyProc patcher that was included with the main files? If you don't run this any time you add a new armor mod, the meshes won't convert and it will appear invisible.

Reading descriptions usually answers all your questions! :P

Also, if you had read ANYTHING on the main page *AHEM*, you'd know that the girl body assets is a package for modders to use and is not required to run this mod. It simply includes the assets (and some currently unused ones) for this mod in an organized manor that modders may find useful.

For some reason, all armor is invisible. Has anyone had this trouble?

I used NMM to install. Installed skykids base, armorpack, girl body assests.

Did you run the SkyProc patcher that was included with the main files? If you don't run this any time you add a new armor mod, the meshes won't convert and it will appear invisible.

Reading descriptions usually answers all your questions! :P

Also, if you had read ANYTHING on the main page *AHEM*, you'd know that the girl body assets is a package for modders to use and is not required to run this mod. It simply includes the assets (and some currently unused ones) for this mod in an organized manor that modders may find useful.

Yeah, I apparently skimmed the page. *facepalm* Thanks for the help.

im new to this kind of thing so can someone explain to me how to add the teen  add on. thanks in advance

The races only have one set of assets presently, so if you choose to install the teen versions it's going to affect everything. Plus I don't have teen versions of the converted armor meshes, so the new model will only be visible when you're naked. That being said, the meshes you need to replace are located at 'meshes\actors\character\skykids\', they are 'femalebody_0.nif' and 'femalebody_1.nif'. Depending on if you want nude or clothed, overwrite them with the appropriate version from the asset pack. You also need to install the corresponding textures, which go in 'textures\actors\character\skykids\female\'. I built a default set of textures and included it in the asset pack, however this is only for the nude version. The teen textures are in subfolders and need to be installed on top of the base set. The teen body has two different sets of textures, one for each end of the weight slider(as I can't adjust these dynamically), choose whichever one you want. If you want any other configuration of options besides this, you're going to have to make your own textures from the provided psd files.

At some point in the future I'd like to see teen races happen, so the teen body might make an official appearance then, along with teen versions of the armor meshes... However this setup is the best you're going to get for now.

Thanks, is a excelent work!!

The faces of the playable ver are cute and great, i will be waiting for the counterpart, the NPCs

well, i found this picture a time ago

post-88115-0-50595100-1384732290_thumb.jpg

And i think it will be great to see the same face form in the npcs, is fantastic, especially with the SG hair, i bored to see in CotS the apachii hair but well, is just a appearance xD

Again, thanks for your job n__n

i get an error message when trying to run/open the SKarmorpatcher.jar it says "could not find the main class: SKarmorpatcher.SKarmorpatcher. Program will exit."

I followed the install instructions and have all the required programs/mods including JRE7. For the record, it is trying to open it with the default program: Java Platform SE binary. I tried using the "Java" application located in C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin and it briefly came up with a window which disappeared.

can someone help?

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the mod. I really appreciate what you're doing.

I also did a couple things to make the mod a bit better for me that maybe other people could use. I made the modules compatible with RaceMenu's CharGen ECE Plugin, so people have the CME/ECE sliders without having to install ECE, and I changed the face textures out with Nuska's Real Skin textures and modified them to look a little bit younger (though I suppose they still look older than the pretty-face based textures provided). Nuska provided a blanket "go ahead" for redistribution and modification, so I *think* I'm ok to share those?

post-47327-0-09668800-1384981362_thumb.jpg

i get an error message when trying to run/open the SKarmorpatcher.jar it says "could not find the main class: SKarmorpatcher.SKarmorpatcher. Program will exit."

I followed the install instructions and have all the required programs/mods including JRE7. For the record, it is trying to open it with the default program: Java Platform SE binary. I tried using the "Java" application located in C:/Program Files/Java/jre7/bin and it briefly came up with a window which disappeared.

can someone help?

You shouldn't be manually fiddling with how it executes; java needs a bunch of extra crap specified to execute properly which I don't know off the top of my head. That's all handled automatically when you just double click on it. Outside of that I can't help you, this is a problem with java itself and not my patcher.

whenever I try to run the game with this mod, my game crashes before reaching the main menu. Can someone help me? I followed the installation instruction and  I don't know what would be causing this.

First guess would be a missing master, try using a competent mod manager like Wrye to track it down, make sure you're using BOSS as well.

Hey, just wanted to say thanks for the mod. I really appreciate what you're doing.

I also did a couple things to make the mod a bit better for me that maybe other people could use. I made the modules compatible with RaceMenu's CharGen ECE Plugin, so people have the CME/ECE sliders without having to install ECE, and I changed the face textures out with Nuska's Real Skin textures and modified them to look a little bit younger (though I suppose they still look older than the pretty-face based textures provided). Nuska provided a blanket "go ahead" for redistribution and modification, so I *think* I'm ok to share those?

attachicon.gifUntitled-1.jpg

Cool, I was planning on doing this myself but hadn't got around to it yet. I made a copy of the monli race with alternate asset paths so I could use the ECE morphs on it, but I was using the full version of ECE which likes to generally destroy chargen and break everything as it's awful(it got pulled and wasn't included in the release obviously). I'd put converting it to Chargen ECE on the back burner as I had more important things to do in the meantime, should probably look into that now...

Cool, I was planning on doing this myself but hadn't got around to it yet. I made a copy of the monli race with alternate asset paths so I could use the ECE morphs on it, but I was using the full version of ECE which likes to generally destroy chargen and break everything as it's awful(it got pulled and wasn't included in the release obviously). I'd put converting it to Chargen ECE on the back burner as I had more important things to do in the meantime, should probably look into that now...

I didn't really do too much other than just write in settings for the CharGen Extensions to know what tri files to attach to, but feel free to include it or reuse it if you'd like. I got it setup for every human race, not just Monli. I think it works with Elves and I know it works with Drow (which is what I'm playing). I'd also like to say "thank you" for transforming the Monli race into something I'd actually use.

I am having issues with the patcher. After importing all my esps, it hangs and then eventually says this:

There was an exception thrown during execution: 'java.lang.NullPointerException'

Please contact the author.

Patching is ultimately unsuccessful as all clothing is invisible. How do I fix this?

So thought I'd bump this back up for an update. Just wondering how the NPC child replacer is coming along?

Currently using HS Children, but waiting for Skykids to release their child replacer so I can switch.

It's unfortunately not moving very fast. Making good looking faces is a pain in the ass, especially with the facegen assets we're using. I've got a few ideas to possibly help, but we still don't have anyone really dedicated to doing that(myself, I've been taking a bit of a break so I don't burn out).

I am having issues with the patcher. After importing all my esps, it hangs and then eventually says this:

There was an exception thrown during execution: 'java.lang.NullPointerException'

Please contact the author.

Patching is ultimately unsuccessful as all clothing is invisible. How do I fix this?

In the patcher, go into 'other settings' and check 'enable debug logging' and run it again. Attach the files '=--Debug Overview--=.txt' and 'trace.log' found in here 'SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\'.
In the patcher, go into 'other settings' and check 'enable debug logging' and run it again. Attach the files '=--Debug Overview--=.txt' and 'trace.log' found in here 'SkyProc Patchers\SKArmorPatcher\SkyProcDebug\'.

Exception at [209] points to Lamp.esp which refers to the Lamp Follower (if I am reading this right).

(Also waiting patiently for NPC children replacement  :) )

Exception at [209] points to Lamp.esp which refers to the Lamp Follower (if I am reading this right).

(Also waiting patiently for NPC children replacement  :) )

The message, specifically the 209 part, refers to line 209 of the source code. These errors are the result of broken/malformed plugins; I made a few assumptions during development that have proven to not hold true, mostly along the lines of 'people will be responsible and not release broken, busted ass plugins,' I need to add some more conditionals obviously.

Anyway, the problem plugin actually appears to be 'AnimeticaMikuAppend.esp' try turning that off first to see if it fixes it. If it stops the error, I'll need a download link for that mod so that I can develop a fix for whatever issue it has.

The NPC replacer is still in the works, progress is just slower than what I'd like to see... some day...

After removing the Animetica plugins, the error is gone. Now I get to "Importing from Masters" at 12%, which runs very slowly (i have a lot of armor mods) until:

"There was an error exporting the custom patch. (Record lengths are off.)"

New round of debug logs! Lots of errors this time.

The Animetica plugins are gone from the Nexus, but some kind person on LL reuploaded them to 4shared. https://www.4shared.com/zip/sSPMQSO1/AnimeticaMikuAppend11-16036-1-.html

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/2861-what-mod-is-this/page-329