[Question] Add on for Devious Devices Implementation

Veladarius

I am working on adding the various items from the Devious Devices mod, specifically to work with the SexLab integration, to various leveled lists for loot and people and am down to some tweaking. I have a few questions to help me figure out how often things show up before setting it free in the next few days.

1) What level are people's characters? I used the Elys Uncapper to slow down my characters leveling instead of increasing it so what shows up later for me may be sooner than others want. Basic items start appearing immediately while real keys don't appear until about level 20.

2) Currently I have made the keys more difficult to make (rarer ingredients) otherwise you have to find them. I can leave it this way or remove the ability to craft them completely. Any opinions?

I am willing to make a few different versions as adjustments would not be very difficult and changing between versions for people would only require installing the new esp and rebuilding the bashed patch. And yes, I have seen bandits/people using them.

Any input is appreciated.

Edit: Here is how things are distributed. It is kind of complex so I am testing the distribution within the game currently

Master Leveled List – only list added to Skyrim lists
....Leveling List Low - starts at level 1 - has % chance of following
.   .
.   ....Chastity Set Low - has % chance of following
.       .
.       ....Chastity Belt Basic
.       .    .
.       .    ....Iron Belt, Iron Plug and Primitive Plug
.       .
.       ....Restraints
.       .   .
.       .   ....Posture Collar, padded collar, leg bands and arm bands
.       .
.       ....Fake Key Set
.           .
.           ....Fake Belt Key and Fake Restraint Key
....Leveling List Moderate - starts at level 10 - has % chance of following
.   .
.   ....Chastity Set Moderate - has % chance of following
.       .
.       ....Chastity Set
.       .   .
.       .   ....Padded Belt and Padded Bra
.       .
.       ....Plug Set
.       .   .
.       .   ....All Plugs
.       .
.       ....Restraints
.       .   .
.       .   ....Posture Collar, padded collar, leg bands and arm bands
.       .
.       ....Fake Key Set
.       .   .
.       .   ....Fake Belt Key and Fake Restraint Key
.       .
.       ....Key Set
.           .
.           ....Belt Key and Restraint Key
....Leveling List High - starts at level 20 - has % chance of following
.   .
.   ....Chastity Set High - has % chance of following
.       .
.       ....Complete Set
.           .
.           ....Padded Belt, Bra, All in . Cuff Set, Soulgem Plug and inflatable plug
....Leveling List Master - starts at level 30 - has % chance of following
    ....Chastity Master Set - has % chance of following 
        ....Master Set
            ....Padded belt, bra, All in . cuff set, all plugs and all real keys

The Master Leveled List is the only list added to Skyrim's lists, all others are under that

The Leveling Lists become available at different character levels and have a % chance for a Chastity Set to appear in loot

Chastity Sets have a further % chance for the various sets to appear in loot

The Various sets have all the items listed within them.

I started with a char so currently I'm lvl 8, considering using the Uncapper myself.

I like the idea making them available to forge but with difficulties (rare ingrediences better than smithing perk dependency).

Mind you I am not a modder so I don't know if the following would technically be possible in the first place.

I don't know if it would be possible to simply use a tickbox in MCM in Devious Device's entry. I imagine that it could simply mean that the keys would be hidden from the forge and thus no need to rebuild a bashed patch (progamatically they could be there all the time).

If it works it would be easy to use and reduce the need to rebuild...

In general choices are always good :)

cheers

Mind you I am not a modder so I don't know if the following would technically be possible in the first place.

I don't know if it would be possible to simply use a tickbox in MCM in Devious Device's entry. I imagine that it could simply mean that the keys would be hidden from the forge and thus no need to rebuild a bashed patch (progamatically they could be there all the time)

I believe it is possible but it is beyond by skills at this time. I changed the crafting ingredients to an Ebony ingot and a Flawless Diamond (the diamond to me is for the precision cutting of the key).

snip

2) Currently I have made the keys more difficult to make (rarer ingredients) otherwise you have to find them. I can leave it this way or remove the ability to craft them completely. Any opinions?

snip

I think removing the ability to craft them completely or making them fake would be good,

Hmm *twiddling my fingers* finding them sounds challenging though...

I could add a toggle for key creation difficulty to the MCM menu. I can't add a toggle for the leveled lists option, however.

If you can add block the crafting in MCM that would be great. I know doing anything with leveled lists is out with MCM as the leveled lists are a pain without it, not enough options in them.

Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I'll add an mcm option to block key creation next version. Hmm.

I think I'll probably add three choices to crafting:
Easy (How it currently works)

Hard (How yours currently works)

Disabled (No key creation possible)

Yeah, that's a good suggestion. I'll add an mcm option to block key creation next version. Hmm.

I think I'll probably add three choices to crafting:

Easy (How it currently works)

Hard (How yours currently works)

Disabled (No key creation possible)

nice....

that sounds great  :)

I agree...

I don't have anything with MCM as leveled lists don't give any way to use any variables as to when they appear or add any scripts to them. I have different items appearing in the lists as you reach different levels and becoming more common as you go past that level. Items come in at 1st, 10th, 20th and 30th with keys being in at 20. If people don't usually go too far past 20 they may be difficult to find. Min is adding the changes for crafting keys to MCM though.

Skyrim really hates any sort of complexity on leveled lists so I had to simplify things a little bit but it is working well so far. I have added them primarily to the random loot lists for human/elven enemies, npc leveled lists and a noble furniture random list. Each base list gives a chance to have random loot (75% to 100%) and it gets items from each sublist (furniture gets a number of items depending on the furniture) which I added a Chastity Distribution list. This list gives a percentage chance that one of the sets will be there, currently I am testing 40% for each but it can be adjusted by each set if needed. I will have versions that include the DLC's as well.

I am considering separating the keys into their own sublist so you may find keys instead of a set of devices. Any opinions?

Min is working on the NPC features of the belt and once done I will add them to outfit lists so people will wear them instead of just having them in inventory.

Currently the install has 2 esp's - a primary esp and a second that gets merged into the bashed patch and then can be deactivated. Wrye Bash won't include new leveled lists into old ones so I had to do it this way. Both should have the bash tags so when the bashed patch is made they will be included where needed automatically.

silly question Wrye Bash, I heard of it a few times before but...  what is it, another mod?

It is a utility program that can do a number of things with Skyrim but the one used by most is creating what it calls a bashed patch. It looks through your mods and collects info so it can make an esp that allows mods that would normally overwrite each other work together. There are a number of mods that add weapons and armor to the world (npc's and treasure) and which ever modifies something last would take precedence. The patch collects them into one esp so they play nice. Some files can be merged entirely into the patch and the original esp can be deactivated. If you run more than a few mods this is something that needs to be used.

It will also indicate if an esp is missing a master, can activate/deactivate mods as well as be used to install mods.

silly question Wrye Bash, I heard of it a few times before but...  what is it, another mod?

It is a utility program that can do a number of things with Skyrim but the one used by most is creating what it calls a bashed patch. It looks through your mods and collects info so it can make an esp that allows mods that would normally overwrite each other work together. There are a number of mods that add weapons and armor to the world (npc's and treasure) and which ever modifies something last would take precedence. The patch collects them into one esp so they play nice. Some files can be merged entirely into the patch and the original esp can be deactivated. If you run more than a few mods this is something that needs to be used.

It will also indicate if an esp is missing a master, can activate/deactivate mods as well as be used to install mods.

Sound like something that I've been missing since i started modding skyrim.. :lol:

Thanks for the info... im a way to download it... :D

Archived