stuck in markarth

jaymac8181

i have a interesting and annoying problem now. i just recently entered the city of markarth, and for some reason, no matter what i do, i'm unable to leave markarth at all. when i try to leave markarth, i get stuck at the infinite loading screen, and nothing happens at all afterwards. this doesn't happen in any of the other cities i go to. it only happens in markarth. i'm hoping someone knows how to fix this problem, or have any suggestions to help me with it.

There's been others with the issue, and mainly due to LOD issues.

Confirmed.

One error source were high resolution LOD textures from S.F.O. and the other was W.A.T.E.R.

But both are know to have this issue fixed, but still a good starting point, to find the error source.

well i seemed to have found a fix for now. i looked on other forum and someone said by changing the tree lod file that's in s.f.o., located in data/textures/terrain/tamriel/trees/tamrieltreeslod.dds. when changing this back to default, the problem disappeared and i was able to leave markarth. i've also found another solution by adding maps in skyrim.ini file and adding two lines under it

[Maps]
uLockedObjectMapLOD=8
uLockedTerrainLOD=16

anyways, for now, i have found a solution to my problem.

Archived