Wyre Bash scares me.

Hello. I am a techaphobic with no business modding.  90% of my game time is spent engaging in either...

A. Reading alot of tutorials that seem to be in another dialect of English.

B. Hiding from the Matrix and imminent self implosion of my computer & staring at the screen with The Fear, drowning in frustration.

Some of you are well aware of my blithering idiocy. Heck, I have not really gamed since Nintendo power pad when I was little. Need I say more?

Now I hear Wyre Bash will somehow allow me to safely test and remove the madness.

Talos knows, that is what I need to be working with instead of NMM, which has spoiled me. So I start getting curious and reading readme's.

So, I read the read me and I feel like I need a "Wyre Bash for Dummies". 

Yes. I am aware that the read me is the Wrye Bash for Dummies.  :unsure:

My questions are-

I would just manually install mods to WyreBash's BAIN instead of using NMM right? I would'nt have to use the Mod Organizer yet, would I?

Could I still install through NMM?

Does Wyre Bash take over the mods I previously installed by NMM? ...or what I previously manually installed?

Are they all going to magically be there, somehow detected but unaffected the lovely tool that is Wyre Bash?

-Sorry, I'm so lost.

Any info is so appreciated!!!!!!

Wyre Bash scares me too. :exclamation:

There I said it... :P

I do need to get used to using this tool as well. I would say right now if you have no problems with NMM and your game is setup properly and everything works don't try to "fix it". Just enjoy the game for the time being. In time eventually you will need to make a re-installation or major upgrades where massive changes will be needed to be done. At that time re-visit the use of Wyre Bash.

In my case I don't have a functional Skyrim (mods) so it would be harmless for me (well near harmless except I could go bald pulling my hair out during the process) to use Wyre Bash now. I have played with it for a limited time off and on for Oblivion and can tell you it has features that NMM can only dream of. Features that an advanced modder actually needs to make managing the mods much more productive and less insanity driven.

I can tell you that I truly believe I would enjoy  modding in Skyrim / Oblivion if I used Wyre Bash instead of OBMM and NMM. First of all one tool for both games less of a learning curve moving from one game to the other. The ability to merge or "bash" mods together can be a blessing if there are any record conflicts. "With power comes responsibility" ;) You have to UNDERSTAND the mod and some of the modding principles before you can truly take advantage of the full capabilities of this tool otherwise you can create problems for yourself.

The GREAT news is this site is full of people that use it on a daily basis. The almost "breath" Wyre Bash and are very wonderful in the fact that they are eager to spread the insanity :D

Good luck on your adventure. B) and so sorry I couldn't help you further. :blush:

Wyre Bash scares me too. :exclamation:

There I said it... :P

I do need to get used to using this tool as well. I would say right now if you have no problems with NMM and your game is setup properly and everything works don't try to "fix it". Just enjoy the game for the time being. In time eventually you will need to make a re-installation or major upgrades where massive changes will be needed to be done. At that time re-visit the use of Wyre Bash.

In my case I don't have a functional Skyrim (mods) so it would be harmless for me (well near harmless except I could go bald pulling my hair out during the process) to use Wyre Bash now. I have played with it for a limited time off and on for Oblivion and can tell you it has features that NMM can only dream of. Features that an advanced modder actually needs to make managing the mods much more productive and less insanity driven.

I can tell you that I truly believe I would enjoy  modding in Skyrim / Oblivion if I used Wyre Bash instead of OBMM and NMM. First of all one tool for both games less of a learning curve moving from one game to the other. The ability to merge or "bash" mods together can be a blessing if there are any record conflicts. "With power comes responsibility" ;) You have to UNDERSTAND the mod and some of the modding principles before you can truly take advantage of the full capabilities of this tool otherwise you can create problems for yourself.

The GREAT news is this site is full of people that use it on a daily basis. The almost "breath" Wyre Bash and are very wonderful in the fact that they are eager to spread the insanity :D

Good luck on your adventure. B) and so sorry I couldn't help you further. :blush:

Thanks, Ritual Clarity!  I'm really hoping that it is compatible with NMM and that I can just use it to test mods.  No bashed patches for me right now, either, lol.  I guess I should wait until I have a better understanding of it. I hope one of those lovely people that live & breathe Wyre Bash will guide us in the right direction, then :)

One feature I really like in Wyre and I can't do without now is that you can order your mod installs.

For example: Lets say you have a body mesh that comes with default textures and you have a high-rez texture pack for that body mesh. Normally if you uninstall the body mesh or replace it with a new one your high-rez textures get removed or replaced too. Wyre will keep the high-rez textures in place if it's ordered after the body mesh mod.

Thanks, Ritual Clarity!  I'm really hoping that it is compatible with NMM and that I can just use it to test mods.  No bashed patches for me right now, either, lol.  I guess I should wait until I have a better understanding of it. I hope one of those lovely people that live & breathe Wyre Bash will guide us in the right direction, then :)

I believe it can be ran at the same time. There are some rules with the setup or at least it was when running OBSM. The Oblivion modders need both managers to run the game however not at the same time. Sometimes they need the OBSM to be able to handle specific installers. Those users primarily use Wyre Bash.

You will need some kind souls here to help guide your use of it with NMM installed at the same time. I am interested in this as well. I most likely however will only use Wyre Bash since I am going to start from scratch.

The magic is in the installers tab. This is the main reason I use wrye. If I uninstall a mod that had overwritten the files from an earlier installed mod the files from the earlier mod would be placed back into the file structure as opposed to just removing the files completely like NMM does. This has been super handy in testing out modded textures, I don't have to worry about putting my originals back in after testing. You also get a preview pane that details what files are going where and conflicts.

The biggest downside is the increasing proliferation of the fomod scripted installers for NMM. But that's just a matter of taking them apart and repackaging them.

Impossible!!!

Wrye Bash is the most friendly, powerful and helpful tool in entire game modding world!

Wrye Bash interface can look svery alien and scary for the beginner. But try do little step first, like installing first simple mod using Wrye Bash by drag and drop it inside the Installation tab list, right click it and select install. The back again to Mod tab and activate the esp file.

Do it 100 times, and you became a Wrye Bash expert! No more scary thing anymore.

Impossible!!!

Wrye Bash is the most friendly, powerful and helpful tool in entire game modding world!

Wrye Bash interface can looks very alien and scary for the beginner. But try do little step first, like installing first simple mod using Wrye Bash by drag and drop it inside the Installation tab list, right click it and select install. The back again to Mod tab and activate the esp file.

Do it 100 times, and you became a Wrye Bash expert! No more scary thing anymore.

I am a alien! :P

I guess all installers look alien at first. ;)

In all seriousness I am also curious if NMM can run at the same time for those specific packs that are designed for NMM. It should be able to work correctly, correct?

Thanks for the brief tutorial. My alien mind just couldn't comprehend the simplicity of the installation process with all the experience with the "advanced" mod managers :D I thought they all had to be just as "simple".

You can use both. I use a couple of mods with NMM installers (that I was too lazy to repackage), and since I don't ever change anything in those mods, there are no issues. I'd agree with GECK.O, wrye has made running the ton of mods I use a lot easier.

The way I started using it was moving one or two mods at a time, generally when they were updated. Once I got used to it I started moving the larger overhauls and body mods over.

I was afraid of wrye bash too. When i started reading the images tutorial i was definitely sure i'd quit reading in 5mins. Kept with it and after 10 mins like, reading it back and forth it kliked and got it.

Being afraid is normal. Continue insisting is what makes the change.

in short Wrye Bash is awsome because, lets say you have Texture pack A installed with Wrye Bash.

and now you install Texture pack B that overwrites 50% of Texture A .

Yoy check B and decide you don't like it and want A back.   Wrye Bash start - Installer section- klik B-uninstall-Wrye uninstalls B textures and finds that A was overwritten and replaces the lost A Automatically!  Now you have A pack  again good and working.

With Nexus manager when you uninstall B , the 50% textures from A (that got overwritten when you installed B   ) are lost too. Now you have to install again the A textures pack, so you can get the lost ones.

Imagine having 10 packs of textures that overwrite stuff bewtween them. Wrye will save tons of time for you.

Gluck.

:cool:  This should help both LovemesomeUfric and myself join the cult of Wyre Bash :P

@LovemesomeUlfric.

Have you tried it yet? I haven't yet. I am still working on my current install for FNV. Maybe try some really small mod first?

No, not yet.   ....but I am trying to muster the courage, my extraterrestrian. I will keep you updated! :)

BIG thank you to all that replied for me! You are all lovely people! <3 

@jbezorg,

What sort of deviltry is that? :exclamation:

That defies everything I know about loading mods.  Everything loaded afterward to "overwrite" gets removed after the installation. Now, black is white and up is down. :P

In the installer's tab you can see the installer order. On the right panel, under conflicts for SexLabFramework.v121.7z ( #89), you can see SexLab Sperm_Texture Replacer 1a ( #93) conflicts . If I swap out to different versions of SexLab, since they are also have a lower order # the texture replace's files take precedence and are not replaced.

That's indicated by the icon being green to the left of the installer's name. Meaning all files in the installer match what's in Skyrim's Data folder.

= Higher ========================================
==93== SexLab Sperm_Texture Replacer 1a
textures\SexLab\CumAnal.dds
textures\SexLab\CumOral.dds
textures\SexLab\CumOralAnal.dds
textures\SexLab\CumVaginal.dds
textures\SexLab\CumVaginalAnal.dds
textures\SexLab\CumVaginalOral.dds
textures\SexLab\CumVaginalOralAnal.dds

post-3866-0-62474400-1381682572_thumb.jpg

Archived