I just made an interesting observation while coding a script that inherits from zadRestraintArmBinderScript.

I had the problem that the equip message is shown twice when I equip my custom armbinder. It turns out the reason for this is that the wrong "parent" reference is used in inherited and not overridden function.

Below are the two stack frames captured while the equip messages are shown.

1st Stack trace:

[ (18028FC0)].Message.Show() - "<native>" Line ?

[item 6 in container (00000014)].leddHQRestraintArmBinderScript.OnEquippedPre() - "zadRestraintArmBinderScript.psc" Line 14

[item 6 in container (00000014)].leddHQRestraintArmBinderScript.OnEquipped() - "zadEquipScript.psc" Line 89

2nd Stack trace:

[ (18028FC0)].Message.Show() - "<native>" Line ?

[item 6 in container (00000014)].zadRestraintArmBinderScript.OnEquippedPre() - "zadRestraintArmBinderScript.psc" Line 14

[item 6 in container (00000014)].leddHQRestraintArmBinderScript.OnEquippedPre() - "zadRestraintArmBinderScript.psc" Line 19

[item 6 in container (00000014)].leddHQRestraintArmBinderScript.OnEquipped() - "zadEquipScript.psc" Line 89

What happens is that OnEquippedPre() from zadRestraintArmBinderScript is called (I have not overridden this function in my class), which contains at line 19 the command "Parent.OnEquippedPre(...)". This causes again a call to OnEquippedPre() from zadRestraintArmBinderScript, the same function already called.

F***k you, Papyrus. This is so wrong. It makes the "parent" reference completely useless in all classes intended to be inherited.

Does anyone know of a method to avoid such problems (besides overridding all affected functions and getting rid of parent).

I wonder how the real parent.OnEquippedPre(...) can be accessed? I would not be surprised if Papyrus supports parent.parent to overcome this problem, which would again be so wrong.

Edit:

Overridding all affected functions with

Function affectedFunction()

parent.affectedFunction()

EndFunction

does the trick.

if the character is running using the auto-run key and the hardcore effect near orgasm animation is triggered (the one where the character kneel), the kneeling character continue to move forward while kneeling, effectively sliding over the land, which is not really good.

could you add a check that the character stop moving (ie, disable auto-go-forward) when that animation is playing ?

if the character is running using the auto-run key and the hardcore effect near orgasm animation is triggered (the one where the character kneel), the kneeling character continue to move forward while kneeling, effectively sliding over the land, which is not really good.

could you add a check that the character stop moving (ie, disable auto-go-forward) when that animation is playing ?

All third person animations stop auto-move already (The edging animation included), by tapping whatever your forward move key is. Probably a fluke event, that it didn't stop for you.

All third person animations stop auto-move already (The edging animation included), by tapping whatever your forward move key is. Probably a fluke event, that it didn't stop for you.

I can reproduce that quite often, and I have noticed this bug for quite some time already (since I started using DD with version 2.6.something, with at least 4 different game since then)

im usually playing in first-person view when that happens, not in third person

I can reproduce that quite often, and I have noticed this bug for quite some time already (since I started using DD with version 2.6.something, with at least 4 different game since then)

im usually playing in first-person view when that happens, not in third person

If you're able to reproduce it, then post a log of it. Might be able to spot whatever abnormality is causing that for you.

I got it happening while Prison Overhaul quest was on and my PC was on the path to prison, auto following the guard. Actually my PC stopped, animation by DD was triggered and then my PC kept following the guard while still in DD animation position (kneeling).

I remember some advertising looking like that... for soccer if I remember well.

i dont know if this is the right place for this post. i have a little issue with the plugs with the new version of DD. they are shown in the left side of my inventar like *plugs iron ...* but i have no pictures of them. installed DD 1.7.0 and DD integration 2.7.4 SL1.39b and the pictures were back. made new and fresh install with SL1.57, DD 2.7.5 and integration 2.7.6.1 and the pictures are gone again. can anyone help me with what i need to do to get the pictures back (inventar)?

btw is it possible to play this mod as male character ??

right now i have noticed when going to the Mages college and take the key the librarian will run up to me. and will still consider me a female even though i play a male character.

Tthe way i want to be able to play right now is male character and be able to put these devices on female npc's but some how i am unable because i need the key to read the book to be able to build the key in first place. So is this possible ??

Hmn, I updated all my mods yesterday (sexlab, all devious ones, zaz, all of them latest version of everything), and now for some reason (yes I dl'd unpb version) the gags are too large for my head and it won't open my mouth neither.

I saved the older meshes that worked just fine before updating, copied them back over the new ones and it still is too large.

I have regular unp, not unpb, but the old meshes worked just fine and fitted perfectly around my head (I think unp and unpb have same size head aswell?, It almost feels as if it's a cbbe gag that's being used instead of unpb)

Do any of the other devious mods have other meshes in them that the game might pull them from, because I can't understand how something that worked before just all of a sudden doesn't anymore.

The ones I have installed are:

-Assets and integration ofcourse

-Devious cidhna

-FtM II

-Deviously helpless

No idea about the mouth animation neither, but I could integration maybe have a bug in it?

Because I can also no longer use immersive first person anymore after updating, tried rebinding key, turning the option on and off in devious menu but it just doesn't work anymore.

I did a clean save and ran the savetool to make sure any old scripts are gone aswell before updating.

See if it works in a new save game. The IFP option affects the playing of third person animations, and is unrelated to what you're reporting. Nothing else. No idea what to tell you about the gags not fitting: That's an assets concern.

If it doesn't work in a new game, post a copy of your papyrus.0.log.

Í am currently using the latest version of this and sexlab, but i get allot of:

Error has occurred with your installation Error text: Failed to find any valid animations aborting

How do i fix this ??

The error message tells you "Check your log for more information". More information is needed to answer. Under what circumstances is this ocurring? There are no known issues associated with the animation filter at this time.

Post a copy of your Papyrus.0.log (Which will contain a fair bit of information regarding the animation selection process).

Thanks but i found the culprit. it was: Devious Regulations it seem it was not updated yet to work with the latest sexlab witch is now 1.57 and was causing the bug to pop when animations are chosen by the sexlab system disabling that fixed the bug from appearing again.

Thanks but i found the culprit. it was: Devious Regulations it seem it was not updated yet to work with the latest sexlab witch is now 1.57 and was causing the bug to pop when animations are chosen by the sexlab system disabling that fixed the bug from appearing again.

Where exactly did you get the error? DR should be fully compatible with 1.57.

I got it happening while Prison Overhaul quest was on and my PC was on the path to prison, auto following the guard. Actually my PC stopped, animation by DD was triggered and then my PC kept following the guard while still in DD animation position (kneeling).

I remember some advertising looking like that... for soccer if I remember well.

Unrelated to the issue he reported: This one's a third party mod directly forcing movement. There's nothing DD can (or should) do about that.

i dont know if this is the right place for this post. i have a little issue with the plugs with the new version of DD. they are shown in the left side of my inventar like *plugs iron ...* but i have no pictures of them. installed DD 1.7.0 and DD integration 2.7.4 SL1.39b and the pictures were back. made new and fresh install with SL1.57, DD 2.7.5 and integration 2.7.6.1 and the pictures are gone again. can anyone help me with what i need to do to get the pictures back (inventar)?

Reinstall Assets.

btw is it possible to play this mod as male character ??

right now i have noticed when going to the Mages college and take the key the librarian will run up to me. and will still consider me a female even though i play a male character.

Tthe way i want to be able to play right now is male character and be able to put these devices on female npc's but some how i am unable because i need the key to read the book to be able to build the key in first place. So is this possible ??

Grab the book without the librarian spotting you, and the quest won't force-start.

Hi I installed a few devious mods and recently updated to the newer mods available and now when I begin a new quest in Live a Deviant Life my character begins with no feet. Everything else is fine she is just missing her feet. Don't know why can someone plz assist me

It always bugged me that, when you want to remove devices in your script, you need to know the keyword and the rendered device besides the inventory device. This makes it difficult to work with devices from other mods as it requires you to have a list of known devices and it does not work with unknown devices. There are some mods out there that try to strip the devices the player is wearing, but they do not work with my custom devices :(.

So I came up with a method that allows to remove arbitray devices the player is wearing without further information, I'd like to share (and get some feedback if there are any disadvantages/drawbacks/whatever):

zadLibs Property zadLib Auto
Keyword Property zad_InventoryDevice Auto

Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)
   ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(device, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
    zadEquipScript tmpZRef = tmpORef as zadEquipScript
    if tmpZRef != none
        if equipOrUnequip
            zadLib.EquipDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)
        else
            zadLib.RemoveDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)
        EndIf
    endif
    tmpORef.delete()
EndFunction

Armor Function GetWornDevice(Actor akActor, Keyword kw)
    Armor retval = none
    Int iFormIndex = akActor.GetNumItems()
    bool breakFlag = false
    While iFormIndex > 0 && !breakFlag
        iFormIndex -= 1
        Form kForm = akActor.GetNthForm(iFormIndex)
        If kForm.HasKeyword(zad_InventoryDevice) && akActor.IsEquipped(kForm)
            ObjectReference tmpORef = akActor.placeAtMe(kForm, abInitiallyDisabled = true)
            if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice == kw && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0
                retval = kForm as Armor
                breakFlag = true
            endif
            tmpORef.delete()
        EndIf
    EndWhile
    return retval
EndFunction

So I hope from now on all mods out there work with my custom devices :D

It always bugged me that, when you want to remove devices in your script, you need to know the keyword and the rendered device besides the inventory device. This makes it difficult to work with devices from other mods as it requires you to have a list of known devices and it does not work with unknown devices. There are some mods out there that try to strip the devices the player is wearing, but they do not work with my custom devices :(.

So I came up with a method that allows to remove arbitray devices the player is wearing without further information, I'd like to share (and get some feedback if there are any disadvantages/drawbacks/whatever):

Function ManipulateDevice(actor akActor, armor device, bool equipOrUnequip, bool skipEvents = false)

if tmpZRef != none

if equipOrUnequip

zadLib.EquipDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)

else

zadLib.RemoveDevice(akActor, device, tmpZRef.deviceRendered, tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice, skipEvents = skipEvents)

EndIf

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndFunction

Armor retval = none

bool breakFlag = false

iFormIndex -= 1

if tmpZRef != none && tmpZRef.zad_DeviousDevice == kw && akActor.GetItemCount(tmpZRef.deviceRendered) > 0

retval = kForm as Armor

breakFlag = true

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndIf

EndWhile

return retval

EndFunction

As my signature suggests, I'm not good with this kind of thing on a technical level. However, I believe this post would receive the attention it deserves on this thread over here.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/30855-devious-skyrim/

Dedicated to all things leading back to Zadil's amazing creation.

if tmpZRef != none

if equipOrUnequip

else

EndIf

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndFunction

Armor retval = none

bool breakFlag = false

iFormIndex -= 1

retval = kForm as Armor

breakFlag = true

endif

tmpORef.delete()

EndIf

EndWhile

return retval

EndFunction

Neat, thanks: I'll add something close to this to the next version of Integration. The problem with this, is that it doesn't respect third-party-mod architecture. Some mods want their devices to be unremovable by standard means (By your mod, for instance).

I'll probably just go ahead and add a "Do not generically remove this" keyword, so that mods can have it both ways.

As my signature suggests, I'm not good with this kind of thing on a technical level. However, I believe this post would receive the attention it deserves on this thread over here.

Heh. When I took over the scripting for DD originally, it was 300 lines of broken code. Integration now contains over 11,000 lines of code. We've both put in quite a bit of time/energy :P.

Heh. When I took over the scripting for DD originally, it was 300 lines of broken code. Integration now contains over 11,000 lines of code. We've both put in quite a bit of time/energy :P.

The original code was just a little rough around the edges, that's all... :P

Hi, I like the blurring effect you can turn on with the blinders, but I'd much rather the screen be almost black as well. With the default mode, it's almost completely black and really quite dangerous to try to navigate by. Going to third-person helps with this, but it feels like cheating.

So, has anyone modded the effect to make the blurring a lot more darker? With how the blinders look when worn, it would make sense if there was (blurred) peripheral vision at the edges of the screen, but blacked out center spots. This would allow navigation via head movement, and make it better. So, is there a mod that changes the modes available at all? I like the idea of blinders, but both (well, all three) implementations aren't quite what I'm looking for.

:lol:

It's just a little dirty, it's still good! It's still good!

Hey, guys ! I know programming isn't easy but please don't be Bethesda-like developers ! P L E A S E ! Think before adding/modifying a function or a loop, or even a variable. Bad programming leads to oblivion !

Anyway, I don't know if this is a known bug but it appears my PC cannot submit when wearing armbinder + blindfold... the weird thing here is that enemies don't attack when in 3rd person but do attack when back in 1st person view... Weird, huh ? Dunno what to do.

Hey, guys ! I know programming isn't easy but please don't be Bethesda-like developers ! P L E A S E ! Think before adding/modifying a function or a loop, or even a variable. Bad programming leads to oblivion !

Anyway, I don't know if this is a known bug but it appears my PC cannot submit when wearing armbinder + blindfold... the weird thing here is that enemies don't attack when in 3rd person but do attack when back in 1st person view... Weird, huh ? Dunno what to do.

Seems you misunderstood the comments. We're poking fun at the original state of the code, back in version 1.x. I typed up quite a bit more than this originally, though I'm content to attribute your comment to bad reading comprehension and/or ignorance, and leave this short.

The only thing that happens to your character when switching blindfold modes, is the removal/application of the imagemodifier blindfold effect, and the toggling of enabled player controls. Anything beyond that, I can't take responsibility for. Post a log if you want to look in to it further.

Not sure if this is the right DD Thread but anyway:

Im using DD ftm II, Assets (+patch) and the Main one from DD.

I crafted a nice harness + soulgem plugs and gave them to lydia.

First problem:

although I get the message ("shudders as you slide them in") she doesnt equip the plugs. I had to enforce it via console (equipitem XXXX). The harness (after the plugs) went fine.

Second Problem:

Event Polling, although activated for 4 NPCs, never happens for NPCs. - NPC Messages activated.

Biggest problem: the Spell (devious flood, or any for that matter) doesnt do anything.

It does, however, work for the player character, if only somewhat limited - No matter what spell I use the vibration is very short, and doesnt vary in strength. (of course I hold the button ;) its a sustained spell after all)

Any help solving those issues greatly appreciated.

As I have said earlier, this is a great mod. With ssl 1.75 both quests worked well.

However, I have similar problems as Discord12 above after testing extensively.

The plugs work well on my followers. When i give the followers plugs to another NPC nothing happens, not even a sound: papyrus logs show that the plugs were equipped, and later that they were unequipped, but nothing about the spells I used in between. Show inventory also shows that the plugs and belt were equipped. The spells give no sound.

All spells work well on the followers; however when the PC is equipped the buzzing stops after a short while.

I tried with many non-follower  NPC's and the plugs did not work on all except one.

Unless, you want the users to be as frustated as the PC during "forbidden knowledge" :) , the plugs do not work as intended.

(I read your todo list on page 169) Is there anything the user can do, any advice?

The are equipped on NPCs even if they show up as not equipped in their inventory. The items here consist of two parts, the inventory item and actual equipped item that shows up on the characters. The inventory items don't actually use any slots so Skyrim won't keep them equipped on NPCs, but all the functionality is on the other item that actually shows up, and so it doesn't matter. That said, the NPC support is known to be rather unstable at the moment, mostly due to how Skyrim handles magic effects on NPCs, as the item effects are done through those.

Seems you misunderstood the comments. We're poking fun at the original state of the code, back in version 1.x. I typed up quite a bit more than this originally, though I'm content to attribute your comment to bad reading comprehension and/or ignorance, and leave this short.

The only thing that happens to your character when switching blindfold modes, is the removal/application of the imagemodifier blindfold effect, and the toggling of enabled player controls. Anything beyond that, I can't take responsibility for. Post a log if you want to look in to it further.

Thanks for the explanations !

English is not my 1st language and I sometimes don't get what people are talking about, so thank you for being comprehensive.

I'll investigate this 'bug' to see if it is because of the blindfold, the armbinder or both.