Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

• 2 weeks later...

I like using the power attacks to level up the vampire perks but it doesn't seem to work with the new animations. Can you tell me what I should delete or change to revert the left power attack to the standard animation?

You can not use standard Vampire Lord animations with this mod. They don't work, that was the point of me linking them to new ones. Hell for a long time you couldn't even use MELEE attacks, since I couldn't work with the animations and only knew it was a flag. Thanks to Groovtama we can, but I don't think he did the power attack, just the standard L/R attacks.

Basically with this mod it is all or nothing, but you can replace any of the all you like. Make sense?

Ah, I see. Oh well. I just replaced the left hand power attack with the right hand one. The left hand power attack seems to end abruptly. I'll just live without the rest of the perks! This is a really nice mod, thanks for your help!

I absolutely love this mod of yours. It took some adjusting at first, due to the different animations, but it's a must have for me at this point. Having fixed the scale of it in the Ck, I love it to pieces.

One caveat: With this mod installed, the Draman Norokdir from Skyrim Immersive Creatures use the same animations as a Vampire Lord... And there is something terrifying and hilarious about watching a monsterous dragon man prance across a meadow before he spin kicks your face off, danty like.

I absolutely love this mod of yours. It took some adjusting at first, due to the different animations, but it's a must have for me at this point. Having fixed the scale of it in the Ck, I love it to pieces.

One caveat: With this mod installed, the Draman Norokdir from Skyrim Immersive Creatures use the same animations as a Vampire Lord... And there is something terrifying and hilarious about watching a monsterous dragon man prance across a meadow before he spin kicks your face off, danty like.

The answer is that the creator of that mod based those creatures off of default VampireLords, and as such, changing them in any way such as this mod does, will lead to that. Any mod that uses Vanilla VanpireLord data will be affected by this mod ( this includes Harkon ).

The answer is that the creator of that mod based those creatures off of default VampireLords, and as such, changing them in any way such as this mod does, will lead to that. Any mod that uses Vanilla VanpireLord data will be affected by this mod ( this includes Harkon ).

Oh I figured as much. It's just plain hilarious though. Big, pants shitting terrifying monster that is coming to kill and maim your corpse is going to haunt your dreams to your last day... as it prances over like a lass who just painted her nails.

Got a little question:

I don't wanna use the textures and meshes and stuff this time but only the animation.

I tried just copying them into the "vampirelord" folger under meshes/actors, but it resulted in a bloody mess..quite literally.

Any tips, tricks, spoilers on how to replace the vanilla vampire lord animations with yours? :>

Got a little question:

I don't wanna use the textures and meshes and stuff this time but only the animation.

I tried just copying them into the "vampirelord" folger under meshes/actors, but it resulted in a bloody mess..quite literally.

Any tips, tricks, spoilers on how to replace the vanilla vampire lord animations with yours? :>

You can't. The animations are set up to use with a normal humanoid Skeleton behavior, so trying to use the vanilla VampireLord skeleton / body meshes will result in deformity. Youwould have to set up all new animations to work with that skeleton / model I would imagine.

I found a slight issue. I am playing a High Elf this time 'round, and when I finally got access to Vamp Lord, for some reason her face is rather fat upon transformation. Chubby face, lithe body. Transform back, she has her typical thinframe face of an elf. Is the VampLord replacer basemodel a Breton or something?

I opened it up in the CK to see if I could change something or somehow fix the face on my character... But I'll confess I don't know jack about the CK, and poking around, I couldn't seem to find a way to change her face at all. I suppose I could try changing her face the way you change the armor, but I wouldn't know what files to move or where from.

Can some one tell me step by step how to get this Working? Normally i just use NMM so i have no clue...

i did replaced the data form the Download, when i go in Game i just see the Animations but Vampire Lord is still Ugly Gray Bat...

I found a slight issue. I am playing a High Elf this time 'round, and when I finally got access to Vamp Lord, for some reason her face is rather fat upon transformation. Chubby face, lithe body. Transform back, she has her typical thinframe face of an elf. Is the VampLord replacer basemodel a Breton or something?

I opened it up in the CK to see if I could change something or somehow fix the face on my character... But I'll confess I don't know jack about the CK, and poking around, I couldn't seem to find a way to change her face at all. I suppose I could try changing her face the way you change the armor, but I wouldn't know what files to move or where from.

You need to replace any of the head data ( this includes the head.nif as well as all the head.tri files. You can tell them by name ) with the ones you want to use. It's that simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi I was wondering if I can get any help with this. I want t use this and possibly the werewolf mod for female followers. However I play as a male character and this causes some pretty bad problems with my characters' face and hair remaining when I transform into a VL. Is it possible to fix this/have the female and male versions completely separate so that they would not effect one another?

I'm fairly sure the animations can't be separated so if possible is there a way to not sure them without breaking the mod?

What a beautiful Mod. I really appreciate the time and thought put into this. I never really bothered with Vampire Lord since it was ugly, pretty boring and rarely worth the time. But now i have a reason to transform!

I had no problems so far with "Better Vampires" and "Vampirelords can loot and activate", both making the VL even more appealing to me. Especially the latter pretty much makes me wonder why i should ever transform back at all! I'm tempted to download the newest Mod that allows the PC to fly just to see how that turns out. (Edit: Vampire Lord Real Flying V2 works! I'm a friggin' Superhero now!)

Now, to the obvious question: Is there a way to make this work with Sexlab? I can easily replace the Textures alright but something about the animation-path or the Skeleton makes my char turn into a lovecraftian Ball of flailing Limbs whenever i try to trigger a Sexanimation while inside VL.

Just a small doubt. Will this break NPC Harkon (in VL form) or will he just work fine? Just asking because I'm not sure if Harkon would use the same animations that the mod replaces.

Also, I can't figure how to do melee attacks when the mod is active, as when using the attack buttons, she will go into hovering/spell mode again.

Ah: nevermind, I figure out both things, I had to use sneak mode button to be able to do melee attacks (long time I didn't play vampire lord, you see)

As for Harkon, he is indeed pretty much broken, or at least the Harkons I spawned with console. I made the mod files into a bsa instead of loose files for quickly disable the mod whenever I will fight Harkon, and then reenable after.

Edit: nah, not sure of this either, without mod, these spawned copies of Harkon also use melee attacks only. I guess it can only be guessed fighting the true Harkon,

Just a small doubt. Will this break NPC Harkon (in VL form) or will he just work fine? Just asking because I'm not sure if Harkon would use the same animations that the mod replaces.

Also, I can't figure how to do melee attacks when the mod is active, as when using the attack buttons, she will go into hovering/spell mode again.

Ah: nevermind, I figure out both things, I had to use sneak mode button to be able to do melee attacks (long time I didn't play vampire lord, you see)

As for Harkon, he is indeed pretty much broken, or at least the Harkons I spawned with console. I made the mod files into a bsa instead of loose files for quickly disable the mod whenever I will fight Harkon, and then reenable after.

Edit: nah, not sure of this either, without mod, these spawned copies of Harkon also use melee attacks only. I guess it can only be guessed fighting the true Harkon,

This mod will definitely break Harkon ( in a sense). He will have all of the animations of this mod as the vampire forms don't use different animations for each gender. This mod also seems to glitch male VLs by having their human heads and hair clipping through the face of the vampire lord's model. Not sure how to fix this or if it would even be possible to considering a similar mod to this seems to have the same bug.

• 2 weeks later...

love the mod but had to uninstall as it stuffed my whole game up :(.

I followed the instructions to the t. However when i transformed into lord vamp i went into fetal position couldnt move or anything.

Had to uninstall my whole skyrim & games folder.

I used to Creation kit to increase my characters height but that was the only thing i changed in ck so it cant have been that. I also noticed the no wings esp has a cape which sticks a mile away from my character.

Any ideas on how to fix that :)

Cheers for the upload tho

I have a question, I can't remember the post though, so I'll risk asking again:

What does the ff files replace/do? The body? Is it the effect? Can I somehow replace the body used in this mod so I can mix and match it with hdt? 

vampirelordfemalebasearmor.nif

vampirelordfemalequeenarmor.nif

I'm currently trying to mix and match and giving this another go in my head. And when replacing the armors and renaming them, if I were to say for example, as a test, I'd replace it with bladesarmor, which file do I copy and rename? Is it bladesarmorf_0.nif or bladesarmorf_1.nif? I know to rename it to the the chest one, but I don't know which of the 2 to use. I tried replacing this before and had me scratching my head at the time, and I've learned a bit, but I rather ask to be sure.

I have a question, I can't remember the post though, so I'll risk asking again:

What does the ff files replace/do? The body? Is it the effect? Can I somehow replace the body used in this mod so I can mix and match it with hdt? 

vampirelordfemalebasearmor.nif

vampirelordfemalequeenarmor.nif

I'm currently trying to mix and match and giving this another go in my head. And when replacing the armors and renaming them, if I were to say for example, as a test, I'd replace it with bladesarmor, which file do I copy and rename? Is it bladesarmorf_0.nif or bladesarmorf_1.nif? I know to rename it to the the chest one, but I don't know which of the 2 to use. I tried replacing this before and had me scratching my head at the time, and I've learned a bit, but I rather ask to be sure.

No, those are used by the game and some other mods, to make it easier and more streamlined, I left those blank while building in the replacer files. The files are easily named so you can replace whatever you wish. The main 4 located in the Replacer Folder are :

VampireLordReplacerChest.nif = This is the "armor". Includes main chest pieces as well as the body type.

VampireLordReplacerHelmet.nif = The helmet or circlet

VampireLordReplacerBoots.nif = The foot option

VampireLordReplacerGloves.nif = The hand option

IF you use something like expired's RaceMenu to adjust your characters breast size instead of the weight slider, then use the _1 file to replace. _1 file is "max" weight, or scale. If you have your weight slider all the way up to avoid the neck gap issue with most custom armors then this is what you would want to do. Why I didn't tag them with a _0 when I made the entries is beyond me, this started as something personal I did for myself and decided to share, so more then likely that's why. It's both not that hard to fix really in the CK, but also not really THAT big a deal. 

So rename bladesarmorf_1.nif to VampireLordReplacerChest.nif and drop it in the replacer folder. As long as the blades armor uses the generic outfit slots for the game ( in this case 32 body ) it should work just fine.