Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

I use the citrus head and when i opened the bsa to pull the nif and tri's out to use with the replacer it makes my characters face look like it is melting. I started using rans head mesh but now she looks like a ridiculous elf thing and if i use the nif and tri's that came with the file it keeps a vanilla head mesh. Not that huge of a deal still love the mod just asking for any ideas.

This mod is not ECE compatible ( I'm saying this for the below quote as well ). I imagine it wouldn't work properly with any mod that changes the dynamics of the head the mesh and morphs.

my vampire lord has no head!!

I dunno. You should have a head! Did you install the mod correctly? I'm will to bet 5 internet points you didn't.

I can't seem to get my face to show correctly. I copied and renamed the head files from ECE, but the face is deformed. Am I using the correct files?

Using MO btw, on vanilla Nord race.

Example: top transformed, bottom regular.    imgur .com/a/huvSt

This mod is not ECE compatible. Did I never put that on the descriptor page? I thought I did. Let me know if I'm wrong, I've gotten lazy.

Thanx for the awesome Mod. Begging you to make a plugin version of it for Player Succubus Quest here on LL. The vamp and succubus are so similar.

The PSQ author has provided folders for plugins but your morphs etc. are beyond this noob. Thanx for your time.

Thing is.... I was making one, but then Player Succubus quest was brought to my attention...

You are an ass for calling the mod author of PSQ a noob. Yes, hey, listen, YES, yes you ARE! SORRY. How many mods did you make and release? I'm listening....

Jerk.

For anyone ELSE who might have been interested, yes I was working on making this a Succubus type mod, and I may still release it someday in some form, but FFS......

Thanx for the awesome Mod. Begging you to make a plugin version of it for Player Succubus Quest here on LL. The vamp and succubus are so similar.

The PSQ author has provided folders for plugins but your morphs etc. are beyond this noob. Thanx for your time.

Thing is.... I was making one, but then Player Succubus quest was brought to my attention...

You are an ass for calling the mod author of PSQ a noob. Yes, hey, listen, YES, yes you ARE! SORRY. How many mods did you make and release? I'm listening....

Jerk.

For anyone ELSE who might have been interested, yes I was working on making this a Succubus type mod, and I may still release it someday in some form, but FFS......

Be nice now. I meant "I'm the Noob".  I have a lot of respect for Modders.

I've got an issue I'm assuming is my own fault, but since I suck and can't seem to isolate it I'll ask in case someone magical enough knows why :P

My left hand and left hand power attack don't seem to animate correctly. The power attack gets about half way through the animation before resetting and the left attack is just the standards unarmed left punch. I've got no animation replacers for Vampire Lords or unarmed combat, though I do have replacers for magic and swords and unless I'm doing something wrong diabling that replacer doesn't seem to fix it.

Again, I'm assuming it's my fault but if someone does have an idea of what it may be I'd appreciate the help.

Jerk.

Be nice now. I meant "I'm the Noob".  I have a lot of respect for Modders.

Oopsy! I reckon you should have those 5 internet points Shaydow won off the other guy as compensation ;)

Great mod Shaydow. Seems I'm very late to the party. Despite having played dozens of vamps and hating the vampie lord just as much as everyone else, I've just been putting up with it for lack of choice and ability to fix it myself. And this was right under my nose...doh!

And best of all, you've made it nice and easy for us custom freaks to mess with it. Also thanks to Princessity for the Anton's Animated Wings plugin.

Nice work!

Screenshot22311.jpg

I've got an issue I'm assuming is my own fault, but since I suck and can't seem to isolate it I'll ask in case someone magical enough knows why :P

My left hand and left hand power attack don't seem to animate correctly. The power attack gets about half way through the animation before resetting and the left attack is just the standards unarmed left punch. I've got no animation replacers for Vampire Lords or unarmed combat, though I do have replacers for magic and swords and unless I'm doing something wrong diabling that replacer doesn't seem to fix it.

Again, I'm assuming it's my fault but if someone does have an idea of what it may be I'd appreciate the help.

Either the mod was installed incorrectly or you have another mod that is effecting Vampire Lords that is conflicting with this one.

Hey Shaydow,

I really like the mod, but I have a simple question.

Is there a way for me to replace your animations with the vanille, ones?

No. To do this all new animations would have to be made that fit what you are after but work with a humanoid skeleton. I do not create animations.

Great mod Shaydow. Seems I'm very late to the party. Despite having played dozens of vamps and hating the vampie lord just as much as everyone else, I've just been putting up with it for lack of choice and ability to fix it myself. And this was right under my nose...doh!

And best of all, you've made it nice and easy for us custom freaks to mess with it. Also thanks to Princessity for the Anton's Animated Wings plugin.

Nice work!

Screenshot22311.jpg

I'm happy you like it!

So I installed correctly and even ran FNIS tho it seems not to be required. However whenever I transform my character is stuck in the T pose (you didnt run FNIS) shape. No animations play I am stuck in T pose. Please help. I check my animations folder they all seem to be there.

So I installed correctly and even ran FNIS tho it seems not to be required. However whenever I transform my character is stuck in the T pose (you didnt run FNIS) shape. No animations play I am stuck in T pose. Please help. I check my animations folder they all seem to be there.

Anyone at all? I really need a vampire lord overhaul asap and this seems to be the best one I found. I have tried all usual troubleshooting methods and I have no idea what Im doing wrong.

I might be an idiot, but I cannot for the life of me find a search button for threads. I just need to know what I have to do to stop Serana from transforming with a dark head texture. I managed to finally get my character working with the mod, but I happened to see Serana transform, and her head and body were mismatched.

How do I fix this for her?

I'm having a weird issue, going to keep trying to fix it myself, but I get this when I transform to Vampire Lord 

xfvCY2d.jpg

It's like there's two meshs on at the same time =x

Edit: So, I reverted, and transformed again, and I'm normal now.. dunno if this is really a fix or not

I got no idea what's going on, it's like a few seconds after I transform I'm fine, but then the game 'equips' the Vampire lord body ontop of me and it fucks up..

I haven't touched the height of my character. I did notice I shrunk when I transformed, but reading back a few pages in the thread I see that was intentional, it's just the fact the game is equipping the original Vamp. Lord over top of my character  that's being a dink now. I can usually get it to go away by transforming, then reverting, then transforming back, but it's a bit of a pain in the butt.

I was just asking because when I followed the directions and did that, the file wouldn't save: I had to create a new save, a new file name. And for some reason, using that newly created file, I had the same issue you're having. Maybe for a different reason, but I thought maybe it might be related. I don't know much else.

Everytime I try to open Shaydows VampLord plugin through CK, launched within MO, it crashes after I say yes to ignoring all errors. I set Shaydows VampLord as the active file and just double clicked on it's master files: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Dawngurard.esm

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  I tried a few suggestions unsuccessfully which I saw posted. Like removing the .dll file from my enb or changing the line bForce1XShaders=0 to bForce1XShaders=1 in SkyrimEditor.ini   
I also tried entering this into the General Section in the SkyrimEditor.ini
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1
bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Still no luck

Any ideas?
  Thanks

The (bone) animated vampire wings plugin that Princessity did for Shaydow's Cust.VampLord actually does allow gliding when the sprint key is pressed, not the jump key.
http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21384-shaydows-vampirelord-overhaul-v2-12814/?p=771959

This looks great, thank you!  Except that she is a midget, I can fix in-game with showracemenu (I read it was "by design" so to fit through doors.)

Saw this and wasnt sure if it was ever answered but I think I found a fix. If you open the plugin in CK and edit the race DLC1VampireBeastRace, select female under the Body Data tab and change the Height from .8 to 1 and you should stay the same size as you are before you transform.

edit: after some experimentation I found that to keep body proportions it should really be set to 1.08 just like the males, you will look taller but that is because you will technically be wearing highheels. I compared it to my height when wearing highheels untransformed and it was comperable. 

Everytime I try to open Shaydows VampLord plugin through CK, launched within MO, it crashes after I say yes to ignoring all errors. I set Shaydows VampLord as the active file and just double clicked on it's master files: Skyrim.esm, Update.esm, and Dawngurard.esm

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?  I tried a few suggestions unsuccessfully which I saw posted. Like removing the .dll file from my enb or changing the line bForce1XShaders=0 to bForce1XShaders=1 in SkyrimEditor.ini   

I also tried entering this into the General Section in the SkyrimEditor.ini

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1

Still no luck

Any ideas?

Thanks

The (bone) animated vampire wings plugin that Princessity did for Shaydow's Cust.VampLord actually does allow gliding when the sprint key is pressed, not the jump key.

I'm not sure if it's the bone dragon wings that don't let you glide because I know that the other animated dragon wings do let one glide. Maybe because there's no fleshy wing to hold the air (?). (And the body stays entirely vertical when you jump, not like the usual gliding, more horizontal).

Also I wonder if I want to switch out the wing type how I would do that? I'd really like some fleshy wings so that I can glide. Have to use CK or somthing?

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/21384-shaydows-vampirelord-overhaul-v2-12814/?p=771959

This looks great, thank you!  Except that she is a midget, I can fix in-game with showracemenu (I read it was "by design" so to fit through doors.)

Saw this and wasnt sure if it was ever answered but I think I found a fix. If you open the plugin in CK and edit the race DLC1VampireBeastRace, select female under the Body Data tab and change the Height from .8 to 1 and you should stay the same size as you are before you transform.

edit: after some experimentation I found that to keep body proportions it should really be set to 1.08 just like the males, you will look taller but that is because you will technically be wearing highheels. I compared it to my height when wearing highheels untransformed and it was comperable. 

Hmmm well you told it to use multiple masters, that would have been my guess. You might try disabling ENB while you work on the file. Ill have to see i there is anything else you can try. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for this mod. I can finally have a pretty vampire lord.

I did some modifying to get it to look the way I wanted. Used the animated dragon wings addon with Alduin wings, and replaced the armor with R18pn Diano.

I also replaced the melee attacks with somewhat more vanilla claw attacks which caused some trouble because they weren't actually hitting anything but thanks to Groovtama I managed to repair them.

Now I only dread the moment I have to fight Harkon because that's probably not gonna be pretty. But still, I love what you did here.

PS. Does anyone know of a casting animation while floating where I don't land on releasing the spell? It seems to throw off the aim ever so slightly. I can adjust to it but if there's a fix, I'd love to know.

1818630-1440495679.jpg

Downloaded this mod and tried it out. It works great! Only minor issues I have is that melee attacks don't make any sound and for some reason my character's eyes change to the normal human ones she had before she became a vampire.

I do have a question though. I really love the look of the Merta Black Rose armor, but the way the author made it is such that the whole set is made up of extra armor slots beyond the standard "Armor, boots, gloves". Is there any way I could equip the socks, shoulder pads, and armlets onto the vampire lord?

Downloaded this mod and tried it out. It works great! Only minor issues I have is that melee attacks don't make any sound and for some reason my character's eyes change to the normal human ones she had before she became a vampire.

I do have a question though. I really love the look of the Merta Black Rose armor, but the way the author made it is such that the whole set is made up of extra armor slots beyond the standard "Armor, boots, gloves". Is there any way I could equip the socks, shoulder pads, and armlets onto the vampire lord?

If you know your way around nifskope, you can paste the parts into the main armor nif, so you won't need more than the standard slots. Just make sure you get the dismember-skin slots correct or the pasted-on bits won't be visible in game.

Really loved this mod, on my last play through. I want to use it again, but have been reading through some posts, and see that it may not be compatible with the newest version of Race Menu, or ECE. Is this true? 

The reason I'm asking is I am trying to customize the head, and I don't have the head meshes to replace. I am using Race Menu. If anyone using race menu got this to work, could you please tell me which files to use for the head nifs, and tri's.

Thanks in advance

Great mod, 

This is a wonderful mod! Took me a while to figure out that it can't be installed with NMM, but now that it's working I'm pleased to have a not-hideous-looking vampire lord. :3 I've even replaced the armor, with fine results!

I just thought I would ask, though: does anyone have an alternative animation set that they could recommend? I don't mind those included in the overhaul for the most part, but right-handed cast while moving bothers me way more than it should. The way she looks like she's pointing way off to the side... x.x

-----------------------------

Edit: After playing for a few hours, I've noticed a couple oddities occuring:

1) Occasionally when I transform, my "body" becomes an unholy combination of the old VL model and the replacement. I figure that this might be something to do with the Creature Framework trying to use its nude mesh in the moment between the transformation and when the VL equips it's armor, so I've disabled the nude mesh for the vampire lord and will wait to see if it freaks out again!

2) In melee mode, if I "sheathe" my hands I get stuck that way. I can't make melee attacks unless I switch back to casting mode and then back again. Note: I can also make a forward melee attack to "Draw" my claws again, but if I'm standing still I can't