[TTW Exclusive] Harshest Start v0.1abeta (hotfixed)

dogface

The Harshest Start

If you're anything like me, you've restarted the game so many times that you know Springvale, Megaton and the Super-Duper Mart like the back of your hand. You know about the hunting rifle behind the school, the assault rifle in the ant cave, and you leave the vault with a half dozen sets of armours and pistols to sell, before heading back to shoot Silver in the head and steal her 400 caps. Want a harsher start? Want the HARSHEST start?

The Main Change

After Three-Dog let the whole DC Wasteland know that a Vault-Dweller wandered out of 101, a nearby pack of raiders decided to camp outside in the hopes of grabbing up the next soft and naive Vaultling for some precious pre-war supplies. Seemed like easier pickings than preying on grizzled wastelanders, and with more valuable loot as well. As soon as you leave the safety of Vault 101 you'll be set apon by a gang of thugs who want nothing more than to rob you of every damn thing you have and then use your soft, supple, Vault-raised body for their sadistic sport. If you're playing with vanilla balance you can probably outfight them with some skill, luck and perhaps some quicksave-tactics. But that'd defeat the purpose of the mod, wouldn't it? If you're playing with hardcore mods and damage-uppers, they can gun you down quicker than you can blink.

Sounds like yet another mod for a submissive female PC. What kind of depravity am I getting myself into?

The entire encounter has dialogue written out for both a male and female PC, although there is unfortunately no male version of the Torn Jumpsuit Mesh. Either way It involves degrading and abusive taunts and insults, and unless you manage to give them the slip and make it to Megaton, it will involve forced sex with a small band of dirty, smelly, evil raiders (male and female), followed by a severe beating and being left for dead with severe injures and literally no items of value whatsoever.  Despite the Raiders bringing dogs, there's no animal or monster depravity involved ; so don't panic if you see their dogs and jump to that conclusion.

But that BB Gun has sentimental value... and my tunnel snakes outfit!

After they're done with you, they'll go their separate ways and depart for some of the more prominent raider hideouts in the DC Wasteland. If you can scrounge up some sort of living and save up for good combat equipment before the wasteland bleaches your bones, then you can track them down and take back what's yours. If you took a Tunnel Snake Jacket and Vault Security Armours out of the vault, your abusers will even be proudly wearing them as trophies, to better mark them out for your inevitable and sweet revenge.

Other Miscellaneous Changes

I've also trimmed the goodies around Springvale and Megaton and lowered the amount of caps and .22LR ammo you can get from Silver, amongst some other changes. That mailbox with the drugs and grenades sitting literally right outside the vault? Empty. Taking things from the Megaton Common House? Stealing. You'll have to try something new when building up your supplies from nothing.

Requirements

Requires only Sexout and TTW.

I've bundled the only mesh used with the mod itself rather than give it SSR or SCR as a master.

Additional hardcore mods are highly recommended, though. I suggest you use your favourite...

Extra hardcore needs, ala Arwen or IMCN

Increased spawns, damage uppers, combat realism mods

Hardcore barter and scarcity mods

From the Sexout Suite itself, Wear & Tear can only add to your starting disadvantages

Scavenger World comes highly recommended, as you'll initially be in no fit state to fight

As is More2Megaton, or any other mod you can find that'll let you earn a petty non-violent income

Will you muster your resources and press onwards to find Dad, or head in the opposite direction to track down the bastards and geld them one by one? Or will you end up like Nova, five years later and still struggling just to make ends meet in Megaton?

Bugs and Issues

- Due to the raiders refusing to update their packages, I've had to use addscriptpackage extensively, and occasionally set disable for times when some of them decide to run away from their own dogs in terror. A more skilled modder could probably streamline the whole encounter, as I'm sure I've made a pig's breakfast of it if you look under the hood.

- Occasionally the AI packages will get messed up and start looping, although I've successfully playtested my way through the encounter more times than it's failed on me. (even using a massive load-list, including known package-breakers like SexoutCrowds)

- During the coursing, the dogs will turn around and run off in a random direction when you reach Springvale. I have no idea why they do this, and can't seem to stop them. Anyone who fixes it gets a gold star.

- Report any more you find, please.

Only a beta, though?

I don't know how many people are playing TTW with Sexout. If there's interest I may expand it to include some brief slavery-type scenarios or maybe just to further strip the surrounding area of the especially useful and well-known goodies lying around.

Hotfix Update ; 24/9/2013

- Fixed a bug where one of the raiders decides to follow the player around instead of staying in his new camp

- Added a defiant dialogue option to skip straight to the beating and miss most of the encounter

- The Raiders should be properly hostile to the player when tracked down now

HarshestStart.7z

This sounds really interesting... The only thing stopping me from installing

TTW is waiting for my upgraded power supply and second video card to come

in (Crossfire Sapphire HD7870 XT :) )

I'll definitely be trying this out! Sounds like it's time to start collecting tin cans.

Sounds very delicious to me, but I have a larger impediment to playing this mod... I don't own Fallout 3 on PC.

I gotta ask, did you have a problem wit the dogs stopped chasing you once you reached Springvale? And more what, exactly? A longer encounter with the raiders, more harsh-start trimming of the easy-to-get goodies in the area, or a secondary encounter with the raiders?

Just to let everyone know, the next version contains a slightly extended encounter for female PC's (I'm trying to ensure Wear-and-Tear users will end up completely busted everywhere at the end), and since I thought the raiders should be exhausted already I added the dogs in. I'll release an optional no-dog version too, though. I've also removed more goodies. Moira no longer gives you a free Armored Jumpsuit for helping her write her foward, and attacking Burke is considered a crime unless he already has his gun out.

And, in what will probably be the most controversial feature (and therefore optional), Stockholm will tell you that Megaton thinks they have a raider spy in town and will keep the gates sealed for the entire first week of the game. Players will now have to find someplace else to hole up and recover, and if you're using a bunch of hardcore mods like I suggested, it will be quite a challenge just to survive until Megaton opens.

About the dogs, yes I did. Though I only made it that far on my second attempt. They stopped chasing after I got to Springvale.

And yes to all of the above? :D I do feel a secondary encounter would be pretty cool. Also, it does sound like you got the harsh start-trimming down, so that's great.

Reading your mod description yesterday made me get FO3 and TTW today (never played it before).

With your mod (and me not knowing where to get stuff in FO3) my poor girl was really in trouble ;)

Made my Way to Moriaty (hoping for some help or at least a free bed to sleep...... but DOH - that dirtbag even wants 300 caps for information.

With that attitude I would expect him to take even more advantage of the situation. Not sexually, since he seems to get off on big piles of caps, rather than on girls. But if the courir is low on caps, he could offer food, drink and bed on credit.

Of course paying later will make the services more expensive (maybe modified by charisma - lower charisma = higher prices). He will naturally expect that debt to be fully paid. If not in caps, well maybe he could use a coworker for Nova for awhile.

Very, very interesting, and makes me weep that I don't use TTW.

I suppose I could import the ripped vault suit mesh and us AP/Sexus and faction codes to 'set up' an event like this for roleplay purposes, but its just not the same. If I ever use TTW, this is going to be sat in a download folder waiting.

Hi. Fist i will say your mod is the reason that i installed TTW ( a nightmare to become a english uncut Version of fallout 3 in Germany ). I love the idea raiders waiting for vault people to come out from there save habor. So when i start playing TTW the first time, i have installed sexout and your mod only.

But i run in some problems:

When i have activate the mod before i leave the vault, the raiders catched me in the vault. After the blow Job of the leader nothing more happens, but all raiders follow me to the entrance of the vault, then kill me.

So i decieded to deactivate the mod, and activate it after the Exit of the vault. Everything works fine.

Seems to be you not check of ending quest "The Escape".

I hope you have time and the will to extend the mod with more slavery content.

Good Initial work, i like it !!

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to see I've motivated some people into trying out TTW. I have a save at the exit to Vault 101 that I used for testing, so I completely missed setting up a check for "The Escape" being completed.

After a fair few testing playthroughs I decided to nix my idea to block access to Megaton for the first game-week. Doing that pretty much limits the player to only a very few and specific options for survival (taking over Gallo's hideout being the most viable). It doesn't make the game "harder", exactly, it just limits your options, which is not what I wanted the mod to do.

I've also decided not to include any additional slavery-type scenarios. This mod should stand alone solely as a harsher-start mod, not as an elaborate quest mod. I'm currently cleaning up all the records I changed/created for features I'm no longer going to implement, and I'm going to change the scripts and add in some comments and an unused "quest-splitting" dialog topic just before the raiders final goodbyes, to make sure anyone who wants to create any other scenarios based off the initial encounter can easily slot them in before the raiders turn hostile.

As always, anything I make is free to be used, expanded on and modified without the need to keep track of credits or ask anyone for permission.

I'm a little sad to hear that, but at the same time it's good that you keep within the intended scope of the mod. I'm a little past the beginning stage of TTW now, but I had fun scavving whatever I could to earn enough caps to have Doc Church fix me. I like your mod a lot.  :heart:

Also nice to hear that you're paving the ground for possible future scenarios.

• 3 months later...

I just found TTW and I'm really looking forward to play a new FO3 character. I have TTW loaded up and running and I'm looking for a few (actually a lot) of mods to enhance that experience. This one seems interesting, I think I'll have to give it a go. Fisrt a few questions,

I tend to play male characters so this is good for male or female, correct? I know you stated that was your intentions but just checking.

I tend to have a companion right out of the vault, either Amata or Brisa. How will they be treated by the gang? Another victim to abuse or just ignored? Another victim would be pretty cool but i would think tough to pull off.

I agree with your thoughts on making this a closed scenario. Better to have a short sweet mod that works properly than a long complex mod that is full of game crashing bugs, IMHO. It seems a lot of people that are overly ambitious never realize their goal. kudos on getting this mod done.

You mentioned a couple of time the More2Megaton mod. From what I've heard it is loaded with problems. It sounds like a great mod but I'm leery about using it for that reason. Do you know if it is stable and more or less bug free? Or do you intend to fix it up and then 'enhance' it with Sexout goodness?

@meyi

Tale of Two Wastelands is for the New Vegas engine. It takes the Fallout 3 content and converts it to be used by New Vegas :)

http://taleoftwowastelands.com/content/faq

And IT.  IS.  AWESOME!!!   (imagine a shouty face emoticon here)

Not everything is compatible with it.  The FAQ on the TTW site tells you what ISN'T.  If you want to bring in FO3 mods, you have to get FNVEdit, get the TTW conversion script, and make a few very non-daunting changes to the mod.

EDIT:  They're working on implementing NV's speech checks into the FO3 portion of it, so for now, you have to suffer with the percentage change of success for FO3 content.  NV's speech checks are the same (if you have the skill level = success).

And while I'm at it, the body install process (again, in the FAQ) is a bit more complicated for females than males, and I haven't tried it to be honest.

• 1 year later...

Hello, first of all, thanks for the mod, just because of it i re started the game, now I have a little problem, my game doesn't change to the torn vault suit mesh, I don't know if I'm missing something, here's my load order in any case.

thanks

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutSlavery.esm
FalloutTTWquestoverhaul.esp
SexoutCommonResources.esm
t6m_tale_of_two_wasteland_replacer_1.esp
SexoutTryout.esm
SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
SexoutPregnancyV3.esm
SexoutOffSpring.esm
ttw_wildwasteland.esp
TTWOptions.esp
TTW_StashPackOptions.esp
TTW_StartupMenu.esp
TTW_SpeechChecks.esp
TTW_OutcastTrading.esp
TTW_NoKarmaDCFollowers.esp
TTW_Reputation.esp
TTW_AnchorageCustomization.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
SexoutZAZ.esp
bzArmour.esp
SunnyCompanion.esp
SexoutTTWEncounters.esp
255_max_level.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
Harshest Start.esp
Adopt Bryan Wilks.esp
vaultgirl.esp
SexoutPregDebug.esp

Total active plugins: 47
Total plugins: 47

• 1 month later...

The second encounter is triggered by not escaping the dogs, due to the bug where the dogs won't pursue you into Springvale, you'll have to let them catch you before you get there in order to see the next scene.

Yeah but they are too strong.

I'll die with 2 bytes.......

Is it normal?

The second encounter is triggered by not escaping the dogs, due to the bug where the dogs won't pursue you into Springvale, you'll have to let them catch you before you get there in order to see the next scene.

I've tried 5 times. after tuning HP to 6000, or 100% got bitten to death.

after tuning up HP,

1/2 chance player will remain "unconscious" showing up. No dialogue triggered.

1/2 chance to continue.

The following problem is:

After the second wave of gangbang, the last Raider says "give you something to remind" and hit the player by melee weapons.

No dialogue triggered afterwards.

If HP is too low, the player will die also.

If HP is high, they just keep beating the player. What should be happening afterward?

Depending on how far you run, it can take a very long time for the raiders to reach you and trigger their dialogue, I turned my difficulty down to the lowest level and my level one character had enough HP to survive the various bites/beatings, that might be more reliable than boosting your HP since I'm not sure what the triggers are. If you've got a balance mod that ramps up NPC damage that might be the reason you're dying too.

As for what is supposed to happen after the gangbang, the raiders should beat you, causing your character to go unconscious, followed by quite a long blackout at which point you wake up in a dumpster in Springvale, which ends the quest except for the optional tracking down of the raiders at various camps, but there's no further interaction with them if you do, besides killing them since they're hostile.

Archived